This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Survived Mcd Fries!

rache

rache Apprentice

I decided to take the test... I ate McDonalds French Fries yesterday. I was so confused on whether or not the fries are Gluten Free. Some things I've read said I could eat them, others advised not to. I figured the only way I would know for sure was to try them myself. And I am proud to say that I feel fine. Now, I'm not telling everyone else to go eat them, everyone is different. But I was very shocked b/c I am normally so sensitive!! As long as I'm still feeling well within the next 24 hours or so, I will know that maybe I can return to eating their fries. I'm pretty excited :) Has anyone else had any experiences with the fries?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest Lucy

I've noticed my son having diarhea after eating their fries. But, he doesn't complain of stomach ache, or have higher blood sugars (which he does if he has had gluten, and he is diabetic). So I think, that they do not contain gluten, but may just not be healthy to digest for anyone, but especially for somone with a "weaker" stomach.

rache Apprentice

I think I read that they also contain a Milk ingredient. Could that cause him to have D?

plantime Contributor

My daughter works at a McDonald's, and she told me not to eat the fries. Nothing against the fries themselves, but she said I would be totally shocked at the number of times they accidently drop a chicken nugget into the fry basket. She saw me sick from getting a malt when I ordered a shake, and she is now as paranoid as I am about what I eat! She fixes my food when I eat at McD's, just to make sure there are no crumbs on it! I love that girl!! :wub:

rache Apprentice
My daughter works at a McDonald's, and she told me not to eat the fries. Nothing against the fries themselves, but she said I would be totally shocked at the number of times they accidently drop a chicken nugget into the fry basket. She saw me sick from getting a malt when I ordered a shake, and she is now as paranoid as I am about what I eat! She fixes my food when I eat at McD's, just to make sure there are no crumbs on it! I love that girl!! :wub:

You're lucky you can get some quality service when you go!

hlm34 Apprentice

i was running errands on saturday morning and was soooo hungry I was about to pass out. I forgot my snacks that i usually carry around with me, and the only thing in sight was a McDs. I went in and got some hash browns (reluctantly). Luckily, I was just fine and they tasted sooo good. Again, not for everyone, but i seem to be just fine with them.

• 2 months later...
PrincessLEah Rookie

I have never dared to test mcd on anything except for a drink. I'm thinking I might try a blizzard or something but that's it. I really think it depends on which Mcd's restuarant you go to. I'm SO sensitive that HALF a crumb can make me sick. it's so annoying.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GravStars Contributor

mcdonald's is garbage anyway

Guest Elizabeth19
I decided to take the test... I ate McDonalds French Fries yesterday. I was so confused on whether or not the fries are Gluten Free. Some things I've read said I could eat them, others advised not to. I figured the only way I would know for sure was to try them myself. And I am proud to say that I feel fine. Now, I'm not telling everyone else to go eat them, everyone is different. But I was very shocked b/c I am normally so sensitive!! As long as I'm still feeling well within the next 24 hours or so, I will know that maybe I can return to eating their fries. I'm pretty excited :) Has anyone else had any experiences with the fries?

Yea today i had mcd fries and i felt like crap. i think everyone is different. But i have a ?. Hoping someone can answer. Im 18 yrs old and i was just diagnosed with celiac disease. Whats the chance of me not being able to have kids in the future.

Lisa Mentor
i was running errands on saturday morning and was soooo hungry I was about to pass out. I forgot my snacks that i usually carry around with me, and the only thing in sight was a McDs. I went in and got some hash browns (reluctantly). Luckily, I was just fine and they tasted sooo good. Again, not for everyone, but i seem to be just fine with them.

What crittter is that, I thought that we had all of them when the girls were little.

VydorScope Proficient
Yea today i had mcd fries and i felt like crap. i think everyone is different. But i have a ?. Hoping someone can answer. Im 18 yrs old and i was just diagnosed with celiac disease. Whats the chance of me not being able to have kids in the future.

As long as you stay on the gluten-free diet you should beable to have childern (assuming you do not have any futher complications).

msserena Apprentice

This link is the ingred of Mcdonalds fries.

I myself get sick when I eat their fries and you can see why when you see that there is Wheat in their fries.

Go to the link below then click french fries.

Open Original Shared Link

psawyer Proficient

The topic that won't die. See my post Open Original Shared Link as well as Open Original Shared Link for the most comprehensive discussion. The fries are independently verified to be gluten-free.

lindalee Enthusiast

I stopped at McDonalds (which I never do) back in Feb. with clients. They wanted a quick lunch. I ordered a burger and fries. It was so good. This is before I was watching my glutten. ( I thought my celiac had gone away -I had outgrown it) Anyway, I woke up in the middle of the night , I had fallen asleep with the TV on and a news announcement said that McDonald's had glutten in the fries. I was feeling all foggy and I think the Lord was telling me to get back to no glutten. I have been watching the glutten since and hope I haven't hurt myself too much all these years. I was diagnosed at 15 months and the doctors at JH told my mother to a put me on bed rest no visitors for two months and the gluten-free diet for 2 years. So I thought I was over it. I feel like the glutten is hidden in so much I wouldn't chance those burgers and fries now. LIndaLee

SuperBeck Apprentice
I've noticed my son having diarhea after eating their fries. But, he doesn't complain of stomach ache, or have higher blood sugars (which he does if he has had gluten, and he is diabetic). So I think, that they do not contain gluten, but may just not be healthy to digest for anyone, but especially for somone with a "weaker" stomach.

Perhaps the grease from the fries alone could cause diarrhea, especially if he's not used to eating greasy food.

>|< SuperBeck

VydorScope Proficient
The topic that won't die. See my post Open Original Shared Link as well as Open Original Shared Link for the most comprehensive discussion. The fries are independently verified to be gluten-free.

Yes, but as many report here, CC rsik are very high with them, and in my personal experence I have not found any McDonalds that the fries are NOT contimanted. I still maintian my strong recomendation against them.

Archived