16 replies to this topic

#1 horselover

horselover

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:46 AM

Does anyone know if their are any gluten free and dairy free protein bars and shakes for energy anf fitness.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:12 AM

You'll mostly have to go with health food stuff - Ruth's Hemp Bars, Clif Nectar Bars, Lara Bars, Alpsnack are all good Gluten-free Casein-free ones. You can get rice protein powder to put in smoothies that you make yourself from many health food stores (like Whole Foods).
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#3 Heather22

Heather22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:29 PM

Elev8Me! bars are gluten-free and really great. There are a bunch of different flavors and the ingredients include only fruit and whey protein powder. They are delicious! You can google them or take a look at www.prosnack.com.

#4 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:46 PM

Elev8Me! bars are gluten-free and really great. There are a bunch of different flavors and the ingredients include only fruit and whey protein powder. They are delicious! You can google them or take a look at www.prosnack.com.

Unfortunately, the whey means they contain dairy.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#5 SofiEmiMom

SofiEmiMom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:54 PM

The majority of Jay Robb protein powders and bars are gluten-free and CF. Taste great too...and I'm picky. I've tried other bars, including the LARA and these are A LOT better. On the website it lists all of the "free of" ingredients for all products. Lets you know if its gluten free and casein free.

jayrobb.com is the website.

#6 CassBH

CassBH

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 05:25 AM

How about any recipes for easy to make Gluten-Free bars at home that don't tast like cardboard (as so many do!). Any ideas?

I am new to this forum and am so glad I found it!!!!

Cass

#7 CMCM

CMCM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:16 PM

I have been unable to find anything with a good protein-carb balance. Almost everything with good protein levels has gluten. :angry: However, Lara bars taste good...they are raw dried fruit and nuts, and taste really good....but no real protein in them. There are egg white protein powders...I bought one and don't think it tastes as good as the whey, but if you mix it with fruit etc. it will mask the taste. Jay Robb supposedly has a good egg white powder, but I haven't tried it yet.
CAROLE

-------------
Enterolab 1/2006
IgA & tTg Positive
DQ2-0201 (celiac) and DQ1-0604 (gluten)
Casein IgA positive
Mom has 2 celiac genes
Both kids have a celiac gene.
Lots of celiac disease in my family, both sides.

#8 molangley

molangley

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:21 AM

Does anyone know if their are any gluten free and dairy free protein bars and shakes for energy anf fitness.

Hammer Nutrition has ALL gluten free products, Infinit nutrition products can formulate a gluten free product for you, Organic Food Bars are available at Trader Joe's. Hope this helps!

#9 Swan

Swan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:49 AM

Check out the website www.wellnessfoods.ca for a list of ingredients for the Simply Bar. I originally found these bars in an article in a magazine. The site mentions they are dairy free and gluten free, which is why I have bought them. They are high in protein and low in fat.

#10 Swan

Swan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:52 AM

I have been unable to find anything with a good protein-carb balance. Almost everything with good protein levels has gluten. :angry: However, Lara bars taste good...they are raw dried fruit and nuts, and taste really good....but no real protein in them. There are egg white protein powders...I bought one and don't think it tastes as good as the whey, but if you mix it with fruit etc. it will mask the taste. Jay Robb supposedly has a good egg white powder, but I haven't tried it yet.

See my post under the diary free and gluten free protein bar post as I've found one with a high protein level. Thx

#11 glutenfreemama

glutenfreemama

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:48 AM

The majority of Jay Robb protein powders and bars are gluten-free and CF. Taste great too...and I'm picky. I've tried other bars, including the LARA and these are A LOT better. On the website it lists all of the "free of" ingredients for all products. Lets you know if its gluten free and casein free.

jayrobb.com is the website.

Hi. I have been using the Jay Robb products and also really like them. Just an FYI- the reformulated powders are not gluten free. They have changed the labels and have not responded to
my emails. I am currently on the hunt for a new product. :)

#12 ElenaDragon

ElenaDragon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:29 AM

I found some bars that have added rice protein. They are gluten free, dairy free, and soy free. Raw Organic Food Bars: http://www.organicfoodbar.com/ (the "RAW" flavors - check ingredients to make sure they are the gluten free ones). The cinnamon raisin is pretty good, but very cinnamon-y. I haven't tried the other flavors, but I think the cinnamon raisin has 10g protein. I found them at Whole Foods, and the gluten free ones say gluten free on the bar.

#13 Guest_keegans_mommy_*

Guest_keegans_mommy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:14 AM

How about any recipes for easy to make Gluten-Free bars at home that don't tast like cardboard (as so many do!). Any ideas?

I am new to this forum and am so glad I found it!!!!

Cass

I'd like to know this as well :) We have a TIGHT budget and all of the special gluten-free/CF dietary foods are expensive! Making our own seems to help some so I am interested in making a bar too :) I NEED protein as I do body building.

#14 PDN

PDN

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:06 AM

Look into Vega protein powder - it is used by one of Canada's top triathlete professionals. They claim : no aminal products, no corn, no dairy, no egg, no fillers, no gluten, no soy, no wheat, no sugar, no yeast or wheat. They also claim to be preservative free, sweetener free and GMO, herbicide and pesticide-free. They come in regular, berry or chocolate flavours and are best mixed into a smoothie with fruit. I have to warn you though, you get what you pay for with this product...it is pricy in most stores. DO NOT EAT THEIR BARS THOUGH.....I checke the ingredients list and organic wheat grass is amongst this whole food bar.....

Good luck and keep in touch.

Pete & Elaine :)

#15 LatentCD

LatentCD

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:14 PM

www.purefit.com I am Gluten-free Casein-free and very sensitive and have been eating these for a year. 40/30/30 ratio, no artificial ingredients, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: