This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dairy Free And Gluten Free Protein Bars And Shakes

horselover

horselover Rookie

Does anyone know if their are any gluten free and dairy free protein bars and shakes for energy anf fitness.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

You'll mostly have to go with health food stuff - Ruth's Hemp Bars, Clif Nectar Bars, Lara Bars, Alpsnack are all good Gluten-free Casein-free ones. You can get rice protein powder to put in smoothies that you make yourself from many health food stores (like Whole Foods).

Heather22 Rookie

Elev8Me! bars are gluten-free and really great. There are a bunch of different flavors and the ingredients include only fruit and whey protein powder. They are delicious! You can google them or take a look at www.prosnack.com.

tarnalberry Community Regular
Elev8Me! bars are gluten-free and really great. There are a bunch of different flavors and the ingredients include only fruit and whey protein powder. They are delicious! You can google them or take a look at www.prosnack.com.

Unfortunately, the whey means they contain dairy.

• 4 weeks later...
SofiEmiMom Enthusiast

The majority of Jay Robb protein powders and bars are gluten-free and CF. Taste great too...and I'm picky. I've tried other bars, including the LARA and these are A LOT better. On the website it lists all of the "free of" ingredients for all products. Lets you know if its gluten free and casein free.

jayrobb.com is the website.

• 8 months later...
CassBH Newbie

How about any recipes for easy to make Gluten-Free bars at home that don't tast like cardboard (as so many do!). Any ideas?

I am new to this forum and am so glad I found it!!!!

Cass

• 2 months later...
CMCM Rising Star

I have been unable to find anything with a good protein-carb balance. Almost everything with good protein levels has gluten. :angry: However, Lara bars taste good...they are raw dried fruit and nuts, and taste really good....but no real protein in them. There are egg white protein powders...I bought one and don't think it tastes as good as the whey, but if you mix it with fruit etc. it will mask the taste. Jay Robb supposedly has a good egg white powder, but I haven't tried it yet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
molangley Newbie
Does anyone know if their are any gluten free and dairy free protein bars and shakes for energy anf fitness.

Hammer Nutrition has ALL gluten free products, Infinit nutrition products can formulate a gluten free product for you, Organic Food Bars are available at Trader Joe's. Hope this helps!

• 3 months later...
Swan Newbie

Check out the website www.wellnessfoods.ca for a list of ingredients for the Simply Bar. I originally found these bars in an article in a magazine. The site mentions they are dairy free and gluten free, which is why I have bought them. They are high in protein and low in fat.

Swan Newbie
I have been unable to find anything with a good protein-carb balance. Almost everything with good protein levels has gluten. :angry: However, Lara bars taste good...they are raw dried fruit and nuts, and taste really good....but no real protein in them. There are egg white protein powders...I bought one and don't think it tastes as good as the whey, but if you mix it with fruit etc. it will mask the taste. Jay Robb supposedly has a good egg white powder, but I haven't tried it yet.

See my post under the diary free and gluten free protein bar post as I've found one with a high protein level. Thx

glutenfreemama Newbie
The majority of Jay Robb protein powders and bars are gluten-free and CF. Taste great too...and I'm picky. I've tried other bars, including the LARA and these are A LOT better. On the website it lists all of the "free of" ingredients for all products. Lets you know if its gluten free and casein free.

jayrobb.com is the website.

Hi. I have been using the Jay Robb products and also really like them. Just an FYI- the reformulated powders are not gluten free. They have changed the labels and have not responded to

my emails. I am currently on the hunt for a new product. :)

ElenaDragon Explorer

I found some bars that have added rice protein. They are gluten free, dairy free, and soy free. Raw Organic Food Bars: Open Original Shared Link (the "RAW" flavors - check ingredients to make sure they are the gluten free ones). The cinnamon raisin is pretty good, but very cinnamon-y. I haven't tried the other flavors, but I think the cinnamon raisin has 10g protein. I found them at Whole Foods, and the gluten free ones say gluten free on the bar.

• 2 months later...
Guest keegans_mommy
How about any recipes for easy to make Gluten-Free bars at home that don't tast like cardboard (as so many do!). Any ideas?

I am new to this forum and am so glad I found it!!!!

Cass

I'd like to know this as well :) We have a TIGHT budget and all of the special gluten-free/CF dietary foods are expensive! Making our own seems to help some so I am interested in making a bar too :) I NEED protein as I do body building.

• 5 weeks later...
PDN Newbie

Look into Vega protein powder - it is used by one of Canada's top triathlete professionals. They claim : no aminal products, no corn, no dairy, no egg, no fillers, no gluten, no soy, no wheat, no sugar, no yeast or wheat. They also claim to be preservative free, sweetener free and GMO, herbicide and pesticide-free. They come in regular, berry or chocolate flavours and are best mixed into a smoothie with fruit. I have to warn you though, you get what you pay for with this product...it is pricy in most stores. DO NOT EAT THEIR BARS THOUGH.....I checke the ingredients list and organic wheat grass is amongst this whole food bar.....

Good luck and keep in touch.

• 7 months later...
LatentCD Newbie

www.purefit.com I am Gluten-free Casein-free and very sensitive and have been eating these for a year. 40/30/30 ratio, no artificial ingredients, etc.

born2boogie Newbie

Hammer Products and PureFit Bars have been a HUGE blessing to my training! They have served me well over the past year. :D

Sweetfudge Community Regular

I also am a huge fan of purefit bars. thankfully they sell them at one of the local grocery stores here, and it's cheaper than on the website, so every month or so, i head over there and stock up on 'em :)

Archived