Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

A1 Steak Sauce

8 posts in this topic

I have contacted Kraft, but I was wondering if anyone knew offhand if A1 was gluten-free or not?

Ads by Google:

Yes. Kraft will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS list gluten-containing ingredients on the label.

I use it all the time with no ill effects, and I'm really sensitive. It makes the dry grilled steaks at restaurants taste better.

ENJOY!!! :D

As far as I know, it is gluten-free. I eat it on my meat, with none of my glutened reactions.

I found this article on the Kraft website a few weeks ago. It has a lot of excellent info regarding Kraft products that you will find helpful...and YES A-1 is gluten free. :o)

http://www.kraftfoods.com/health/articles/...ree_0623031.pdf

That is great news, I love A1!

beware of hidden ingredients like:

motified food starch

natural flavoring

natural spices

artificial flavoring

SOY (for most of us soy is poison)

www.kraftfoods.com/a1/bn/c_sauces/

I have learned after I have caught several major companies not telling the entire truth. I call them and ask them direct question. What is in the ingredients (above)??? Ask if the machines can be cross contaminated by other products that are run on the same factory lines. This can make you sick. Ask what is in their ingredients are I've listed about.

I have contacted Kraft, but I was wondering if anyone knew offhand if A1 was gluten-free or not?

Kraft told me that because of the word SPICE in their ingredients they do not recommend celiacs consume  A1 sauce it contains trace amounts of gluten. I was very sorry to learn of this

Kraft told me that because of the word SPICE in their ingredients they do not recommend celiacs consume  A1 sauce it contains trace amounts of gluten. I was very sorry to learn of this

The member you replied to has not been active since 2009, you may not get a response.

Colleen