Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gatlinburg/ Dollywood

9 posts in this topic

Hey all..I'm going to Gatlinburg, TN for Easter. I'm staying at a cabin with a kitchen, and am brining gluten-free food for the (8 hour) car ride. I know my mom will want to go out to eat sometimes tho, and I was wondering if any one has had good experiences at any restaurants around there. I'm also going to Dollywood and Dixie Stampede- any tips for there? Thanks!

Ads by Google:

We went to Dollywood last year and my dd was gluten-free at the time but I wasn't. I called the director of the food division and she said that I could bring food into Dollywood if I had a note (on a perscription paper) from her Dr. saying that she must carry her food with her. We took some snacks in a bag pack with us to munch on. She told me that if someone said something about our food we would just need to show them the note. She also suggested talking with the manager if we chose to eat at a resturant in the park. They don't have any gluten-free menus. She did say that the resturant manager could call her office and check ingredients if we wished to do so.

They also have an Outback in town. I haven't eaten there but it might be an option :)

Please let us know how it goes. We have season tickets this year and so far I just planned on packing food for the day. :lol:

I was able to eat at the Texas Roadhouse in Gatlinburg when we went last summer - the rest of the time, we fixed our own food while camping.

I have eaten twice at the Sante Fe in Gatlingburge without progblems. I brought the celiac cards with me, and just made sure the staff new what was up, politly of course. They were all very nice and accomodating.

We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe in Gatlinburg and they were fantastic!!! Both mangers came out and asked us questions...then verified with the kitchen on what we could eat. It was a great experiance.

We went to the Dixie Stampede in Orlando and they prepared me a gluten free meal. Well... They didn't really prepare anything special, but they only served me the "safe" items on the menu and they seemed knowledgeable.

They have so many restuarants in the area that your bond to find one that can serve you. I called dixie stampede too, and almost everything had soy or gluten in it. We didn't go because we didnt have enough time and have already been (but it is a great show), but at least they were knowledgable. The only problem i had was a buffet in dollywood- almsot EVERYTHING seemed to be gluten FILLED <_<

Hey all..I'm going to Gatlinburg, TN for Easter. I'm staying at a cabin with a kitchen, and am brining gluten-free food for the (8 hour) car ride. I know my mom will want to go out to eat sometimes tho, and I was wondering if any one has had good experiences at any restaurants around there. I'm also going to Dollywood and Dixie Stampede- any tips for there? Thanks!

Let me know how it goes!

I'm going to Gatlinburg the end of June and would appreciate any thing you find.

Debbie

Let me know how it goes!

I'm going to Gatlinburg the end of June and would appreciate any thing you find.

Debbie

The vacation went good- I love the area. There are a LOT of places to eat at (i mean TONS of restaurants, all down the main street). Im pretty sure they even have outback and olive garden (which have gluten free menus I've heard?). They have a lot of barbeguq type places, which I find easier to eat at. They have a lot of chain stores, but also some smaller ones that would probably be accomodating. I stayed in a cabin with a kitchen (I really recommend this, and its a lot of fun ahving your own cabin), so that did help with some meals but I also ate out. Dixie Stampede is a cool show, and if you call them they can tell you which food has gluten in it (I didn't eat there since going gluten free, so I can't give experiences. I did however call them, and they had a list to read off). The one problem I had was at a buffet in Dollywood- almost EVERYTHING had gluten in it. They do make kettle korn in the park (which is SO good and SO addicting) right in front of you, and the ingredients on the bucket say popcorn, vegetable oil, salt, and sugar, and the popcorn is made in a separate booth so I think it would be quite safe. The old mill is a landmark there, but the make there own flour and the meal is quite gluten loaded. We had breakfast here on my last (non gluten free) visit, but I don't know how accomodating they are on a gluten free diet. One of the best palces we found was bennet's bbq that was right behind ober gaitlinburg (a block off the mainstreet, almost towards the last light as you enter the smokey mountains.) We went there for breakfast, and their breakfast bar was VERY good (LOTS of fruit) and pretty cheap. There is also a bennet's in pigeon forge. Lemme know if you need more help, and I hope you enjoy the trip.