6 replies to this topic

#1 lisaemu

lisaemu

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:00 PM

Anyone know of any gluten free/soy free dark chocolate? Im not a big fan of chocolate, but every once in a while it would be nice- but every chocolate seems to have soy or soy lechtin.
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

I'm just trying to feel better!

Lisa, 20, Michigan

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lonewolf

lonewolf

Gluten Free pancakes over the fire!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:29 PM

Anyone know of any gluten free/soy free dark chocolate? Im not a big fan of chocolate, but every once in a while it would be nice- but every chocolate seems to have soy or soy lechtin.

Do you react to soy lecithin? I'm intolerant to soy, but can handle the lecithin. The Food Allergy and Anaphylactic Network (FAAN) says that the soy lecithin isn't usually problematic for people who are sensitive to soy.
Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

#3 Kasey'sMom

Kasey'sMom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:08 PM

I like Dagoba Chocolate. They have one variety that doesn't have soy lecithin added.

Here's the link,
http://www.dagobacho...rition.html#soy

http://www.dagobacho...14&cat=3&page=1

I get them through our buying club when they're on special but I've seen them in health food stores as well. The Conacado bar is so rich I usually split one with my dh! :D

#4 lisaemu

lisaemu

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:46 PM

I'm not sure if I react to soy or soy lechtin..its something I jsut realized tha tmight be making me sick so I'm trying to avoid it for now to see if it helps...tho its in a lot of things! Thanks for your help!
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

I'm just trying to feel better!

Lisa, 20, Michigan

#5 Jenn2005

Jenn2005

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:51 PM

I buy my husband the Green & Black's Organic Chocolate. The package says Dark 70% and another type is Green & Black's Organic Maya Gold. Both are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and nut free and they can be purchased at Wal-Mart on the candy isle with the other candy. The web site is www.greenandblacks.com and they list all of the food allergy info, so you can verify there if you have any other allergies. They are kind of pricey about 4.00 per bar but my husband just eats a few pieces at a time to kill the chocolate craving.

Jennifer

#6 ms_sillyak_screwed

ms_sillyak_screwed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:08 PM

Funny you ask I'm nibbling on a bar right now.

ALPROSE SWISS DARK CHOCOLATE

Greyish label with gold and white lettering. It is Koser. You can buy it in the Koser isle of WALMART. I haven't found it anywhere else.

They also make another with Hazelnut filling that is also wonderful. It tastes great, I think better then when I ate [milk] chocolate. If you would like me to list the ingredients just ask I will be glad to post them here for you.

This is a SOY FREE product. I am a believer SOY is poison, and this is free of it.

Enjoy!

#7 penguin

penguin

Chelsea

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:12 PM

Funny you ask I'm nibbling on a bar right now.

ALPROSE SWISS DARK CHOCOLATE

Greyish label with gold and white lettering. It is Koser. You can buy it in the Koser isle of WALMART. I haven't found it anywhere else.

They also make another with Hazelnut filling that is also wonderful. It tastes great, I think better then when I ate [milk] chocolate. If you would like me to list the ingredients just ask I will be glad to post them here for you.

This is a SOY FREE product. I am a believer SOY is poison, and this is free of it.

Enjoy!

I love their milk and white chocolate bar, and I'm not really a fan of chocolate! SOOOO GOOD!!!
Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on, alright
Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: