Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Sweet Tea?

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if sweet Tea out would have gluten? Has anyone checked on different brands. I never thought about it before, but all the sudden realized I feel sick everytime I drink it. THis may not be what is making me sick and probably isn't, but thought I would ask anyway. I am eating a baked potatoe out when I eat at this place and everything else is safe, unless it is a cross contamination issue.

I am just trying to figure out if it is something in coffee and tea that makes me feel gluttened.

Thanks,

Monica

Ads by Google:

I have had this problem with sweet tea too. It seems to be the mixes only with me and the only thing I have narrowed it down to is caramel color. I was like you at first, I couldn't understand it, but sure enough, time and time again it was the tea. It is almost immediate with me--mouth burns and sore throat, then later in the day, the big D, brain fog, two days of my life fuzzy--ugh, I just gave up drinking any tea except for bags.

Luzianne (decaf is what I use), Lipton (lists gluten ingredients), and Crystal Light are all gluten-free. I don't think I could give up my tea. I did it one year for Lent <_< , never again!!!! :)

The tea I am drinking would be from a restaurant and they make it in huge batches. It is the best sweet tea around. I don't really understand why it is bothering me. Just makes my stomach feel aweful later in the day. It didn't used to do that and I am not even sure if it is the tea. Someone mentioned before carmel color and maybe that is it. I am also wondering if it has to do with something entirely different and it just depends on the day I drink it.

Thanks guys,

Monica

Unless it's CC it should be gluten-free. Caramel color in the U.S. (and probably elsehwere) is safe.

richard

I buy trader joes decaf green tea, its all natural, no additives