This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Weird Symptom

ebrbetty

ebrbetty Rising Star

Hi Guys, I've been having terrible pain for the last 7 days, I must have been glutened, anyway, while I'm having the terrible stomach pain, my feet get very sweaty, they feel cold, but get sweaty and really feel weird..also my toes on just the left get tingly and kinda numb..when the pain calms down so does the feet thing :blink: its like night sweats but only on my feet

weird, right!!?? anyone else?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Tingling and numbness is a symptom of celiac disease.

Open Original Shared Link

Before I was first dignosed, I would get some tingling on my right side, mostly near my neck.

ebrbetty Rising Star

thanks..its the weird, cold sweaty feet that I don't understand..plus last night my while body broke out in a cold sweat, and I thought I was going to throw up, came on very fast, lasted about an hour then it calmed down...my dinner was safe, I know, I cooked it lol

jerseyangel Proficient

Betty--I get the cold sweating in my feet and hands. I don't connect mine to gluten, but it does happen when my stomach is upset. I get stomach upset often, even though I know I am not getting any gluten. I had a great deal of tingling and numbness--from my face all the way down my left side and both lower legs and feet. Gradually, over months, it got better--although I still get it in my face and arm. Are you feeling any better at all?

ebrbetty Rising Star

oh thanks, I thought someone would know what I was dealing with..I know my dinner was safe!

I'm a little better, but not good...I keep telling myself to call my Gastro and make an appt. to get a colonoscopy, its the only GI related test I have not had, too scared and embarrassed. does anyone know what they look for and what can be found with a colonoscopy? I don't want to do it at all!

I think all this stomach pain is from being glutened last week, I seem to do Okay for a couple weeks, then I'm down again..no rhyme or reason sometimes

hugs...

dlp252 Apprentice
I'm a little better, but not good...I keep telling myself to call my Gastro and make an appt. to get a colonoscopy, its the only GI related test I have not had, too scared and embarrassed. does anyone know what they look for and what can be found with a colonoscopy? I don't want to do it at all!

I just had mine on Monday. In my case they were looking for anything out of the ordinary. I think GIs have a routine list of things they look for. I have pain in my left side...he said that is a symptom of IBS, so I think in addition to many other things he was looking to rule out anything more serious. He was looking for cancer, diverticula, ulcers (colitis, crohn's, etc). I was asleep during my procedure so don't remember anything about it...I also had an endoscopy at the same time...both procedures together took probably around 30 minutes. The worst part of the colonoscopy is the prep work you'd have to do...the colon needs to be squeaky clean, so you basically have to drink stuff that makes you have D, lol. They put in an IV when I got to the surgicenter, and that wasn't bad either. I don't remember much else except waking up in a recovery area and being loopy for a long while afterwards...had a good nap though.

LAUSTIN Newbie

Donna's right about the colonoscopy and endoscopy. Be sure you have someone drive you home.

My first symptoms were numbness and tingling in my hands and feet. Eventually ataxia set in. Neurologists were going nuts! Finally a rhumatologist found the celiac. Odd, huh? It's funny I told them about the D but they didn't connect it. Thank God for the rhumatologist. Please, be sure to let ALL your doctors know about the numbness and tingling. Take care!

Laustin

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

You may also want to add a gluten free sub-lingual B12 tablet to your vitamins. It disolves under the tongue and bypassess the GI tract where it is often not being adequately absorbed. A low B12 level often causes these sensations so you may want your doctor to check those levels.

ebrbetty Rising Star

thanks donna :D

I bought sub-lingual B12 last week at traders, but when I got home I noticed it has lactose in it..I'm lactose intolerant..though I don't think there would be enough to bother me...it doesn't go into my belly anyway does it?

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Could be that you got glutened. How long have you been gluten free? Definite symptom that is associated with celiac.

Guest stef 4 dogs
Hi Guys, I've been having terrible pain for the last 7 days, I must have been glutened, anyway, while I'm having the terrible stomach pain, my feet get very sweaty, they feel cold, but get sweaty and really feel weird..also my toes on just the left get tingly and kinda numb..when the pain calms down so does the feet thing :blink: its like night sweats but only on my feet

weird, right!!?? anyone else?

It sounds like your talking about peripheal neuropathy. It is an associated problem with Celiac. I've been to a neurologist, and my GI doc, both have said its an effect of being glutened. Sometimes, its so bad for me, I can't hold things! I also get tongue numbness.

Stef 4 Dogs

ebrbetty Rising Star

I've been gluten free 3 months, thought I'd be much better by now, but lots of great members here have told me it can take up to a year

Its an awful feeling, having it again now :blink:

Archived