This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Vance's Darifree Fake Milk

VydorScope

VydorScope Proficient

Any one know what big chain stores carry it? Checked my Kroger this am, but they do not have it. Vance Foods we site is no help in finding it locally.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

There are no stores in my area (central/south jersey) that carry it. I called Vance's to place my latest order, and the woman checked the 2 area codes closest to me--and nothing came up. She told me that they are a very small co. and their business is mostly word of mouth right now. The best thing to do would be to call them, and ask them to check for you. I have found the people there very friendly, and happy to help. Their phone #--1800-497-4834.

Cheri A Contributor

Patti ~ I'm so glad that you are still liking the Dari-free!

I buy it from my little co-op HFS here. Whole Foods didn't carry it and neither does any of our grocery stores.. Order it from there website and try it! If I had more room to store, I'd order a case of it...

VydorScope Proficient

I buy it from my little co-op HFS here. Whole Foods didn't carry it and neither does any of our grocery stores.. Order it from there website and try it! If I had more room to store, I'd order a case of it...

It is $8 for the smallest size, PLUS $6 shipping. I would much rather buy it locally and save the shipping incase we dont like it. :(

jerseyangel Proficient

Cheri--Hi! Yes, I do enjoy it--thanks again for letting me know about it. WF and Wild Oats here don't carry it, either. I printed out some info. off of their website and gave it to the owner of my local health food store. I hope she will try and carry it. I would be nice to avoid the shipping.

ebrbetty Rising Star

what is a co-op? so many ppl here talk of it

jenvan Collaborator
what is a co-op? so many ppl here talk of it

Co-ops are large 'buying groups' that usually give greatly reduced prices to the buyers. I love them! I am in one for products, and would like to join a food one...but there isn't one start locally. Depending on the co-op, they can be a bit frustrating administratively...especially if you are in charge of it. ie. lots of them operate on a monthly minimum, say $700. So a group of people will join in and make one order a month say. But you have to reach the minimum. Not all groups are like that though...Frontier (that I'm in), requires a group for membership, but I can order on my own at any time. The one I want to join is UBC: Open Original Shared Link You can always ck on a coop or buying club to see if there is one established locally. Starting one can be a lot of work. Through Frontier I get all natural/organic products from a ton of brands, at 1/2 or below 1/2 the retail/in-store price. Can't beat that!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient

HOw do you find one?

ebrbetty Rising Star

thanks jen, I don't think we have them around here..sounds interesting

jerseyangel Proficient

Jen--Thanks for explaning that--I had often seen people posting about a co-op, and had never heard of it. How would I find out if there was one in my area?

VydorScope Proficient
There are no stores in my area (central/south jersey) that carry it. I called Vance's to place my latest order, and the woman checked the 2 area codes closest to me--and nothing came up. She told me that they are a very small co. and their business is mostly word of mouth right now. The best thing to do would be to call them, and ask them to check for you. I have found the people there very friendly, and happy to help. Their phone #--1800-497-4834.

Emailed them this AM... no reply yet... Prbly shoul call, Id like to grab some on way home.

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

I'm in the United Buying Clubs and it's been a lifesaver. I met a lady at my local grocery store and she introduced me to our local group. I truely beleive God helped me to find this group. I started my membership right as we found out my dd had celiac disease. In my town we don't have a Whole Food's or Trader Joe's so I would be lost without this resource. I'm actually getting my monthly order together right now. :D

When I was trying to find out if there was a co-op in my area I looked online and couldn't find one. Sometimes the co-op's are listed on the site but sometimes they're not, mine wasn't. You might want to call United Buying Clubs and see if there's a co-op in your area.

The prices are great especially when they're on sale. :)

Cheri A Contributor

Vincent ~ :( on the $6.00 shipping!! I understand!! Hmmm.. I think I pay a little over $7.00 for mine. Would you like me to see how much it would cost to ship one to you? I can't imagine it would be $6.00!! It doesn't weigh much, it's powder..

Our health food store is a co-op, but anyone can shop there. There are just some monthly member specials that the general public doesn't get the advantage of. They also offer cooking classes that are free/reduced fee for members etc. I like it better than WF. The membership fee that I had paid is also fully refundable whenever I choose. I get 5% off once/month and 10% off case discount.

debbiewil Rookie

Hi,

I belong to our local co-op and have shopped there for years. There are some links on its site to finding a local co-op or setting one up. Also tells a little about what a co-op is/does.

Open Original Shared Link

Debbie

VydorScope Proficient
Vincent ~ :( on the $6.00 shipping!! I understand!! Hmmm.. I think I pay a little over $7.00 for mine. Would you like me to see how much it would cost to ship one to you? I can't imagine it would be $6.00!! It doesn't weigh much, it's powder..

Our health food store is a co-op, but anyone can shop there. There are just some monthly member specials that the general public doesn't get the advantage of. They also offer cooking classes that are free/reduced fee for members etc. I like it better than WF. The membership fee that I had paid is also fully refundable whenever I choose. I get 5% off once/month and 10% off case discount.

Prbly not much less, theres min shipping charges on things. I just stoped in a store here called "Its all Sugar Free" They sell mostly diabetic foods, and low carb stuff, BUT they carry gluten free pantry line of mixes. So I am working on them adding s gluten-free line :D They told me they would see if they could order Darifree for a reasonable price. Same with Kinnickinnik's line.

jerseyangel Proficient
Hi,

I belong to our local co-op and have shopped there for years. There are some links on its site to finding a local co-op or setting one up. Also tells a little about what a co-op is/does.

Open Original Shared Link

Debbie

Thanks Debbie--that was interesting!

jenvan Collaborator

So jealous of you Kasey's mom!!

For others...well, to search for a co-op you would first need to have one in mind. You could search United Buying Clubs, that I gave the link for. This site isn't complete, but does list some by state you could ck out: Open Original Shared Link Or this site: Open Original Shared Link On the same topic there is a great site that lists farmer's markets, natural food stores etc. and you can search throughout the country--very cool. Found a farm I use from the site. Can't find it at the moment...will keep looking. Like living well or something like that...

Found it found it!! Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link And in case someone is interested in the coop I belong to. Unfortunately you can't access the main page/catalog w/o a password, but if interested, I could send you a list of the companies. Wait, I'll just paste it...at the risk of the long list being annoying!

A:

• ABRA

• Air Scense

• Alacer

• Alba Botanica

• All One

• All Terrain

• AlphaBetic

• Alpsnack

• Ambassador Hairbrushes

• American Health

• Amerifit

• Ancient Secrets

• Animals' Apawthecary

• Aquagen

• Ark Naturals

• Arkopharma

• Aroma Naturals

• Aromatherapy Accessories

• Aunt Bee's Skin Care

• Auromere

• Aurora Henna

• Auroshikha Incense

• Avalon Active Organics

• Avalon Organic Botanicals

• Axel Kraft

B:

• Baby's Bliss

• Bach Flower Remedies

• Bee & Flower Soaps

• Bellmira

• Blue Pearl

• Body Crystal of California

• Boericke & Tafel - Homeopathic Remedies

• Boiron

• Breath-A-Licious

• BreathAsure

• Brooks

• BumbleBar Organic Energy

• Burt's Bees

C:

• CamoCare

• CamoCare Gold

• Catuama

• Celestial Seasonings

• Chandrika

• Citra-Solv

• Clearly Natural Products

• Coffee Accessories

• Common Sense

• Country Comfort

• Crystal Candles

• Culinary Accessories

• CycleBeads

• Cylinder Works

D:

• Dancing Paws

• Deodorant Stones of America

• Derma E

• Desert Essence

• Dr. Bronner

• Dr. Goodpet

• Dr. Ken's

• Dr. Tung's

• Dresdner Essenz

E:

• Earth Friendly Products

• Earth Solutions

• Earth Therapeutics

• Earthrise

• Ecco Bella

• Eco Bags

• Eco Lips

• Eco-DenT

• Ecover

• Emerita

• Equinox Botanicals

F:

• Flaxelle

• FoodScience Laboratories

• Fuchs Toothbrushes

G:

• Gaia Herbs

• Gehwol

• Giovanni

• GladRags

• Golden Eagle Herbal Chew

• Grandpa Soap Co.

• Great Eastern Sun

• Green Ban

• Green Foods

• Green Mountain Coffee Roasters

• Guayaki Yerba Maté

H:

• Handy Pantry

• Hankettes

• Hawaiian Henna

• Health from the Sun

• Herb & Spice Accessories

• Herbal Glo

• HerbalVedic

• Herbatint

• Herbs for Kids

• Heritage Store

• Hero Nutritional Products

• Herpanacine

• Home Health

• Honey Candle Co.

• Honey Jewels

• Honeybee Gardens

• Howlin' Gourmet

• Hugger Mugger Yoga Products

• Hylands

J:

• Jade & Pearl

• Jason Natural Cosmetics

• Jin Sticks

• Joy of Health

K:

• Kappus Soaps

• KGP Brand

• Kiss My Face

• Kwai

L:

• Lavaggio Prima

• Life Tree Products

• Life-Flo Health Care Products

• Light Mountain

• Lily of the Desert

• Longjiang River

M:

• Maggie's Functional Organics

• MagneLyfe

• Maguey Weaves

• Marine Biotherapies

• Mate Factor

• Merry Hempsters

• Monin

• Moom

• Morning Glory Collective

• Mountain Ocean

N:

• Nanak's

• Native Scents

• Native Visions

• Natra-Bio

• Natracare

• Natrol

• Natural Journeys

• Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal

• Nature de France

• Nature's Answer

• Nature's Formulary

• Nature's Gate

• Nature's Herbs

• NatureWorks

• Naturlite

• NeemAura Naturals

• Nelsons Homeopathy

• Neti Pot

• New World Music

• Newman's Own Organics

• Nicole Reed

• Novogen

• Nutiva

• Nutrition Now

• Nylabone Products

O:

• Odwalla

• OHCO

• Olbas

• OraLabs

• Organic Essentials

P:

• Parissa

• Peelu Co.

• Pet Aromatics

• Pixie Mate

• Pondicherry Natural Incense

• Prince of Peace

• Progressive Research Labs

• Publications

• Publications

• Pure & Basic

• Pureline Oralcare

• PureTouch Skin Care

Q:

• Quantum

• Queen Helene

R:

• Rachel Perry

• Radius

• Rainbow Light Nutritional Systems

• Raining Rose

• Ricola

• Root to Health

S:

• Sage Spirit

• Sai Baba Nag Champa

• Schiff

• Sensua Organics

• Seventh Generation

• Shadow Lake, Inc.

• Shaman Earthly Organics

• Shave Deluxe

• ShiKai

• Smile Brite

• SPORTea

• St. Claire's Organic Sweets

• Stash Tea

• Sweet Essentials

T:

• Tact Beauty Care

• Teeccino

• Thayers

• The Natural Relaxer

• The Organic Sudz Co.

• Thompson

• Thompson Nutritional Products

• Tiger Balm

• Tiger's Milk Nutrition Bars

• Tom's of Maine

• Traditional Medicinals

• Turtle Island

• TwinLab

U:

• Un-Petroleum

V:

• Vicco

• VitaMinder

• VitaPur

W:

• Weleda

• Well in Hand Herbals

• Wellements

• White Flower

• WiseWays Herbals

• Wrapsacks

Y:

• Yakshi Fragrances

• Yogi Tea

• Your Crown and Glory

Z:

• Zand

• Zhena's Gypsy Tea

debbiewil Rookie

Vincent,

I checked our local co-op, which is affiliated with several others, but the only one in Tennesee is in Knoxville. If you or anyone want to check out the list it's at Open Original Shared Link

Debbie

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

VydorScope Proficient
Vincent, I love using Vance's but I've only been able to find it a one of our local mom & pop health food stores. I hope you can locate it. I have a recipe somewhere that you can use it to even make ice cream! :)

KM: Well go ahead and send it. If I cant get a local stor to order it, I might break down and order it my self.

jerseyangel Proficient

Kasey's Mom--If it's not too much trouble, if you can find it, I would love the ice cream recipe using the Vance's. I emailed them recently about recipes, but did not hear back. Thanks :)

Cheri A Contributor
Kasey's Mom--If it's not too much trouble, if you can find it, I would love the ice cream recipe using the Vance's. I emailed them recently about recipes, but did not hear back. Thanks :)

Hey ~ can I get that recipe too?

Vincent ~ hope you can get them to get it.. Let me know if you change your mind. I was thinking regular mail wouldn't be that expensive.

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

Cheri A, jerseyangel and Vincent,

I've PM the recipes to you. Let me know if you didn't get it. :):)

VydorScope Proficient

Thanks I got them :D

jenvan Collaborator

Me too Please! I love sorbet, but if I could get something more like ice cream…that would rock! :P

Archived