18 replies to this topic

#1 lisaemu

lisaemu

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:34 PM

FYI..Not sure who has a Qdoba's (mexican food) by them, but I just went there with a friend a few hours ago. They list on their website common allergens and which of their products inclue them, and it includes gluten. Definately should have checked before I went there...but its nice to know that companies are putting it out there.
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

I'm just trying to feel better!

Lisa, 20, Michigan

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 NicoleAJ

NicoleAJ

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:22 AM

Yes, I actually went to Qdoba and they said they had nothing acceptable for celiacs and refused to serve me--I wasn't pleased at the time because I was hungry, but I would have been less pleased had I been glutened.
Diagnosed July 2004

#3 Suezboss

Suezboss

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:11 PM

here is the Allergen List

http://www.qdoba.com/Allergens.aspx

#4 cynicaltomorrow

cynicaltomorrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:46 PM

Aside from their delicious queso.... I would steer clear of Qdoba's. I had my first case of "glutening" in over a year thanks to them. I got the steak nachoes... and I'm pretty sure that they must have had soy sauce on the steak. I regretted that decision for the next few hours. :(

#5 CtheCeliac

CtheCeliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:39 PM

I know to usually check out a restaurant online, ask for a nutrition list at the restaurant, or speak to a supervisor/manager. Oops in a rush a blew it at Q'doba. I planned to order chips and queso, so I asked the person taking my order what was in the queso. She listed a few cheeses and peppers. I asked her again if she was absolutely positive and if I could speak to a manager. She pointed to the supervisor badge. My friend with me stated to the supervisor that it was necessary to know due to food intolerances and allergies. She assured me the ingredients she told me were all that were in the queso. Again, I inquired if there were any mixed seasonings. "No," she replied.

After finishing the chips and queso, I noticed at the bottom of a poster in the window, a list of the ingredients in the queso to include "special seasonings." We rushed to the supervisor and asked for the list of ingredients, which I should have done initially. The list was rather long with items, such as flavorings and modified starch. I later checked the allergen list online and supposedly the queso is okay but maybe not the chips. This was the most careless I'd been in quite some time.

A little gas and extreme lethargy followed....we got our money back.
Life-long symptoms- difficulty gaining weight, fatigue, constipation, large stool, gas, dry skin, sinus allergies. Doctors recommended eating larger portions. Symptoms worsened.

Symptoms lasted three months before going gluten-free- weight loss, D, extreme irritability, skin problems.

11/06 Positive bloodwork.
12/06 Started gluten-free diet.
1/07 Canceled biopsy (symptoms were gone and I was finally gaining weight- 10 pounds in six weeks).
9/07 I've gained 20 pounds. Yeah!
9/08 Youngest daughter diagnosed with Celiac Disease. (D eliminated, behavior improved, schoolwork improved.)
11/08 Two years gluten-free!

#6 charolastra00

charolastra00

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:16 AM

Has anyone had luck with their naked burritos? No wrap, just rice, beans, and whatever. I always get it vegetarian. However, my gluten issues are all skin reactions from what I can see, so I haven't really gotten a reaction that way.

#7 valaik

valaik

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:43 AM

Has anyone had luck with their naked burritos? No wrap, just rice, beans, and whatever. I always get it vegetarian. However, my gluten issues are all skin reactions from what I can see, so I haven't really gotten a reaction that way.

When I go to Qdoba I get the naked burrito with rice, both beans, lettuce, cheese and sour cream (and sometimes the grilled vegetables) I have never had a reaction and am very sensitive, hope this helps

#8 SacGFGirl

SacGFGirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

I just went to Qdoba for the first time and had a naked chicken burrito without any negative reactions. I was so excited to have added a new place to eat out at. Don't get me wrong, I love the burrito bowl from Chipotle, but variety every now and then is good.
Sacramento, CA

Rheumatoid Arthritis since 1986
Gluten Free since 2005

#9 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

I had a very good experience at Qdoba. The manager there told me that his wife is Celiac, and told me exactly what to avoid (I ended up having a Naked Burrito, and it was delicious). He changed gloves, and made my meal on a clean board. As long as you steer clear of the gluteny ingredients, you should be okay.

#10 general gow

general gow

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:26 AM

looks to me like there is plenty there to choose from and remain gluten free. i much prefer chipotle to qdoba, but there is a lot there to eat. follow that link above in a previous post to get the best info they have on nutrition and allergens.

#11 VHill33

VHill33

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

Aside from their delicious queso.... I would steer clear of Qdoba's. I had my first case of "glutening" in over a year thanks to them. I got the steak nachoes... and I'm pretty sure that they must have had soy sauce on the steak. I regretted that decision for the next few hours. :(

Cynical - As another poster mentioned - there is allergy information on their website. I would not eat their chips, as it mentions they include wheat or maybe are contaminated from their fryer etc. Their meat is fine however.

#12 MelindaLee

MelindaLee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

here is the Allergen List

http://www.qdoba.com/Allergens.aspx

I see the list for wheat, but that doesn't rule out gluten from other sources. :unsure:

#13 Black Sheep

Black Sheep

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

Oh wow, thanks stupid Qdoba! :angry: I ate there for the first time about 3 weeks ago, and after very carefully questioning the woman who helped us, who seemed fairly knowledgeable, I ordered the Ancho Chili BBQ on a corn tortilla, and we also had corn chips.

All of which, according to their website, contain gluten. All of which I was assured at the restaurant did not. :blink: :angry:

So apparently I got glutened, and didn't even know it, since I don't have bad reactions, and since I have a horrific case of LGS which causes near-constant D. already. Which is slowly healing, although I'm sure gluten isn't helping that any! Hmm, must be time to write a nastygram to the owner and mgr. of that place.

#14 i-geek

i-geek

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:55 AM

Oh wow, thanks stupid Qdoba! :angry: I ate there for the first time about 3 weeks ago, and after very carefully questioning the woman who helped us, who seemed fairly knowledgeable, I ordered the Ancho Chili BBQ on a corn tortilla, and we also had corn chips.

All of which, according to their website, contain gluten. All of which I was assured at the restaurant did not. :blink: :angry:

So apparently I got glutened, and didn't even know it, since I don't have bad reactions, and since I have a horrific case of LGS which causes near-constant D. already. Which is slowly healing, although I'm sure gluten isn't helping that any! Hmm, must be time to write a nastygram to the owner and mgr. of that place.

Yep, you might also want to drop a note to corporate headquarters about the lack of knowledge. at that restaurant It's bad enough that you're sick, but someone with a wheat allergy could die.

I've eaten at Qdoba several times with success, but I only eat the rice, beans, meats and fresh toppings. I avoid chips, tortillas and other sauces. In fact, I never eat corn chips in a restaurant- 99% of the time they have probably been dropped in the same fryer as the flour tortillas for taco salads and other fried dishes.

#15 CeliacAndCfsCrusader

CeliacAndCfsCrusader

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:01 PM

I avoid chips, tortillas and other sauces. In fact, I never eat corn chips in a restaurant- 99% of the time they have probably been dropped in the same fryer as the flour tortillas for taco salads and other fried dishes.

FYI, Chipotle is a better choice (watch out for cc obviously). Their chips are fine, as is everything else, except for the flour tortilla.

I eat there at least once per week (for years), never a reaction and I'm very sensitive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: