1 reply to this topic

#1 dana_g

dana_g

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 06:38 PM

Just a headsup...the last two times I had my hair cut I had a shampoo, too, and it never occurred to me to check the label of the product they were using. I had never experienced contact dermatitis before I went gluten-free. During the first shampoo, I thought my scalp was a little too "tingly" but I just put it out of my mind. This last time, though--yikes! And it STILL didn't dawn on me until I was at home that there was probably wheat germ oil in the shampoo and that it made my scalp burn! I must be super-sensitive now that I've been gluten-free for six months...I know I had one teeny food accident and I was violently ill, out of proportion for the amount of gluten I ingested. So read those shampoo labels when you are away from home!
Gloriously gluten-free--Dana

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:01 PM

When I get my hair cut, I take my own hair stuff with me. A good hairdresser will usually understand your preference for "what works best" for you. Of course, it helps that I buy my hair care supplies from the stylist that does my hair! ;)
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: