1 reply to this topic

#1 Suzanne

Suzanne

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:52 PM

I was diagnosed with celiac disease a month ago and felt great immediately after getting off gluten. It was discovered after my doctor wanted to do an investigation on why I was anemic. It never occurred to me that oily stools and diarreha could be a problem. Anyhow I have felt amazingly great since being gluten free, except for two times. The other night I went to a fine restaurant and must have had lamb which must have been marinated. I had awful pains in my lower left side. That has subsided, but now for the last few days I have been both constipated at the same time has having diarreha. My bowel movements have been like pudding, not trying to be gross or anything. Should I contact my doctor, or is this normal procedure for celiacs. I guess I am back to ground zero in intestine repair. I have a huntch this is not going to be a fun discease.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:26 AM

You probably got a little contamination. I'd avoid eating out a for a little while. After that, you need to develop a relationship with some local owners. Talk to them in detail about what's needed and see if they'll cooperate.

You're not back to zero on healing, just a setback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: