4 replies to this topic

#1 lauriel234

lauriel234

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:56 AM

Does anyone know of any gluten free restaurants and/or places that have gluten free items in Pennsylvania - especially the Philadelphia area and Poconos area. Thanks as always for the info.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Kim

Kim

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:50 AM

I understand there is a store in Philadelphia -- dietary shoppe -- that has lots of gluten-free foods.

#3 mat4mel

mat4mel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 11:58 AM

Hi,

http://www.mrritts.com is the bakery in Philadelphia. I have never been there.

I would like to hear of more gluten free restaurants or places with gluten free stuff. I live near Scranton.

Mel

#4 jaimek

jaimek

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:24 AM

I live in the Philadelphia area and have been to Mr. Ritts. It is a bakery near 5th and South Street. I have tried the bread but don't like it. I buy my pizza crusts there. They are delicious!!! Other than that, I go to Outback, PF Changs, and sushi restaurants for the most part. I know that the Peking Duck at Margarate Kuo's in Wayne is gluten-free. The chef walked me through all the steps of making it. You just have to ask for rice instead of the pancakes that it comes with and bring your own sauce. Supposedly Django in center city is gluten friendly but I have not tried that yet. Hope this helps!
gluten-free since 2/6/04

#5 KAthyB

KAthyB

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 05:38 PM

The Chart House at Penn's Landing, Sullivan's Steakhouse in KOP, Carrabas in Springfield Mall and Vinny Testa's of Boston in Wynnewood have all served great gluten-free meals to my celiac daughter in the past few months. Most better steakhouses will accomodate you with a filet, potato, salad and Chart House and Sullivan's are top notch. Carrabas posts a gluten-free menu on the net -bring it with you since when we went they did not have it yet but did prepare the meal properly. Vinny T's was a lucky shot - I called ahead and the chef knew all about the gluten-free diet and made my daughter the best Italian meal since gluten-free. I was at the Dietary Shoppe today - it is on Ridge Ave. Follow Ridge Ave East and it come up very quickly after the off ramp on the right. They have tons of gluten-free goodies.
Kathy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: