Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Lipton Brisk Ice Tea

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if Lipton brands of ice tea, like 'Brisk', are gluten-free?

Ads by Google:

When I called the company they said they couldn't say 100% if they were gluten free

Thanks for the info.

I do see on my gluten-free list that LIPTON REGULAR TEA: Red rose, Salada, Blue Ribbon; Herbal Teas - all varieties are safe.

I am glad you found out for sure what was making you sick.

Take care

Lipton is a Unilever company and last time I checked Unilever says it will clearly list any gluten in the ingredients of its products. This is what the person you spoke to was saying. Perhaps Brisk is somehow contaminated -- or perhpas you are having a ahrd time with the high fructose corn syrup in it -- but it isn't supposed to have gluten.

BTW, virtually nobody, except some specialty companies, absolutely guarantees something is gluten-free. Not when something like 20 percent of processed foods that are supposed to be gluten-free aren't.

richard

It could also be the tea itself causing the upset. I cannot have Luzianne because something about the blend of leaves makes me extremely ill. Try a different brand, or try tea with a different sweetener. Many celiacs are sensitive to corn products.

Smith, aspertame can give you IBS symptoms!

I spoke with the company and was told that they could not 100% say whether or not their products are gluten-free, and that the ingredients would be listed. Maybe this was made in a contaminated site?

Hey, that's ok! Thanks for the heads up! We are all just trying to help one another. Someone else might not realize about different sweeteners causing reactions, or even that one could have a problem with tea leaves, so you gave us the perfect opportunity to educate others about what they drink! :)