- - - - -

Any Wildland Firefighters In Here?

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mountainman_*

Guest_Mountainman_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:12 AM

Hey, I'm a volunteer wildland firefighter. I have a few questions for any fellow wildland firefighters. What types of foods do you pack in your line pack? Also, what do you do when rehab shows up when the day is done? I used to eat MRE's on the line, but I don't think they are safe anymore. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cgilsing

cgilsing

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:15 AM

Hi Mountainman!
I'm definatly not a wildland firefighter, but I saw your post and I found some MREs that you can buy online that are gluten-free....If you go to http://www.aaoobfood...tm#Allergy Free they have several of different options. It looks like at the moment they are out of a couple of them, but you might contact them to see if they will be getting more. I don't know if you are supplied with your meals right now.....if you are then you could talk to the people that supply your food and see if they could work with you too. I hope this is some help!

#3 Guest_Mountainman_*

Guest_Mountainman_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:04 PM

Hi Mountainman!
I'm definatly not a wildland firefighter, but I saw your post and I found some MREs that you can buy online that are gluten-free....If you go to http://www.aaoobfood...tm#Allergy Free they have several of different options. It looks like at the moment they are out of a couple of them, but you might contact them to see if they will be getting more. I don't know if you are supplied with your meals right now.....if you are then you could talk to the people that supply your food and see if they could work with you too. I hope this is some help!

Thank you sooo much! This is what I was looking for. This will help with camping and hunting too!!! Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: