This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

First Cause Of Autoimmunity?

SurreyGirl

shayesmom Rookie
What if vaccines or other kinds of mercury poisoning are largely responsible for causing Celiac?

I've seen multiple pediatric and orthopaedic web sites that go into GREAT detail about how vaccines do not *CAUSE* autoimmune disorders.

Okay. They may not CAUSE them, but there is evidence which suggests that they can TRIGGER them. It's also interesting to note that one of the factors that is supposed to be taken into account in regards to vaccination is the presence of autoimmune disorders in family history. Vaccination is not always recommended in family's with autoimmune problems. It's also interesting that in children who are exposed to too many heavy metals via vaccine there is a problem with celiac-like symptoms (damage to mucosa of the small intestine, diarrhea and FFT issues). I wonder how they (doctors, FDA, pharmaceutical companies, etc.) separate the two as far as diagnosis? It's discouraging to think about.

I'm not anti all vaccines. However, I do question the current vaccine schedule and the use of combination vaccines on our children. There are no long-term studies looking into cross-reactivity and common sense should tell us that there is a reaction to every action. I also question the rationale behind vaccinating for chicken pox and other minor illnesses in children who are not in high risk groups. I understand that diseases such as measles may not be all that much fun to deal with. But most people don't know that there is a strong correlation between measles and allergies. By getting the measles, a person (and their children) are less likely to develop food allergies as there is something triggered in the immune system which prevents these allergies from developing (in essence, the immune system is strengthened). It's interesting to me that food allergies are on the rise at epic proportions right in conjunction with children being born of measles-vaccinated parents.

I imagine that someday we'll have a much better grasp of the long-term effects of vaccination. I don't believe that doctors are in on some vast conspiracy to make everyone sicker. But I do believe that pharmaceutical companies should not be able to pander to doctors or offer kickbacks and perks to pediatricians who maintain a 97% vaccination rate (and take away those perks if the pediatrician doesn't meet a quota). To me, that's a conflict of interest. I know that I wouldn't appreciate a GI doc who took money from a whole-wheat bread manufacturer and then pushed the products on my dd as a "cure-all" for her FFT and food issues. It's supposed to be about "do no harm". Not about where the Merck company trip is going to be. JMO

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
penguin Community Regular

My guess about vaccinations being triggers for autoimmune diseases is because diseases work by injecting dead viruses in the body so that antibodies are created and the body is tricked into thinking it's had the disease.

Autoimmune diseases are usually triggered by a body trauma, like pregnancy, injury, and especially viruses. IMO, you're better off with the dead virus than the live virus. At lease the immune reaction is less, generally, with vaccinations.

To me, vaccinations are a lot like antibiotics. They are great for treating potentially life threatening diseases, but not for all people. Some people react to antibiotics, but that doesn't mean they aren't good for anybody. Theres the issue of overusage, but that's another argument.

If you are susceptible to autoimmune diseases to begin with, it's really just a matter of time. You're a time bomb. For me, it was mono. Huge assault on the immune system, but there was nothing that could be done.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Two of my children were given live-virus vaccines (polio and DPT). The flu shot and the chicken pox vaccine still contain thimerasol (which is 49.6% mercury--an OBVIOUS autism link). IMO, vaccines are even worse than antibiotics.

I do agree with you about antibiotics being necessary for some things (some vaccines, too). Interesting that a large percentage of autistic kids seem to have multiple ear infections, which are then treated with long-term use of antibiotics.

When my daughter had an ear infectin when she was 2, I took her to our pediatrician after 4 days, who knew my stand on antibiotics. He told me to bring her back for a recheck in a couple of days, at which point if it wasn't better, he'd want to consider an antibiotic. It was better, and I felt really smug.

Until 2 weeks later, when she got another ear infection. But this one only lasted 5 days, and I felt really smug again.

Until 2 weeks later, when she got another ear infection. At this point, I thought, "Dear Lord,a re we going to go through this evry 2 weeks forever?"

This last ear infection only lasted 2 days, and she never got another one. The pediatrician says that this is the way the immune system is SUPPOSED to function. But when you bombard it with antibiotics any time there's bacteria, the body never learns how to deal with it.

How many of us have had a doctor prescribe an antibiotic "because it's probably bacterial?"

plantime Contributor

"By getting the measles, a person (and their children) are less likely to develop food allergies as there is something triggered in the immune system which prevents these allergies from developing (in essence, the immune system is strengthened)."

This I must disagree with. I had measles as a toddler, my sister and brothers had them at the same time. We have so many food and respiratory allergies, eating together is a veritable mine field! This blanket statement about measles and food allergies cannot be applied.

mommida Enthusiast

I looked into vaccines, and I bought stock in the makers. It is completely protected money IMO. The vaccine compensation act that was passed in 1986, caps death payment at $250,000. It is very hard to prove vaccine damage in a patient, (you won't get any support from the medical field) and the complatent has a trial by phone against a panel of twelve lawyers. The patient or legal guardian signed an informed consent document at the time of the vaccination. Statistics say that about 90% of adverse reaction are never reported to VAERS. (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, is the reason some people are pulling the Nuremburg code into the vaccine arguement. Saying the product wasn't fully tested and the reporting system is collecting the data -in their opinion turning the general population into an experiment against their knowledge.)

Each vaccine (IMO) can be completely different. Live or attenuated, with thimerisol or trace amounts. My advice to anyone, read the vaccine package insert and make an informed consent.

L.

It is very hard to make an informed consent when you've just been through 2 days of labor and 3 1/2 hours of pushing, and the nurse comes into your room a couple of hours after delivery and says, "Time for shots--don't worry, it's hospital policy, we do this all the time, here sign this--"and pushes an unreadable document in your face to sign.

That kind of document can easily be shot down in court.

Even after doing extensive research, how much clear information is really out there? The AMA and all the pharmaceutical companies have websites claiming how SAFE the vaccines all are. If you have ever seen your own child having a severe reaction to a vaccine or set of vaccines, you already know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are NOT safe--just like we know that gluten is not safe for us.

My sister-in-law's sister-in-law showed me video footage of her healthy, adorable 15-month-old son the day before his MMR shot--and then video footage of him the day after. The difference is shattering. In one, he is talking clearly, looking directly at his parents and interacting with them, in the other he is severely autistic --spinning in circles, banging his head, and unable to look at anybody or respond. Her pediatrician insisted that she only imagined it occuring because of the vaccine, that the onset was gradual during his second year and she just chose the vaccine date because she was looking for something to blame. At first he even insisted that there was no problem--it was all in her head. Sound familiar?

mmaccartney Explorer

Any medicine injected into the body carries a risk.

People react to Penicillin, and have died! But there is benefit for many many people to have Penicillin available.

At any rate: Open Original Shared Link

I'm glad my kids are vaccinated!

We are all guinea pigs in large clinical trials whenever a drug is approved and realeased to the public. Look at Vioxx, and others that have been pulled off the shelf... they looked fine in clinical trials (Or at least the pharma company made it look so within legal limits!) but when all the myriads of people starting taking it people had adverse reactions. They cannot test every scenario, every genetic makeup, or every variable in lab tests.

I know vaccines didn't trigger my celiac! My vasectomy did!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

I know vaccines didn't trigger my celiac! My vasectomy did!!!!!

There might have been thimerasol in whatever they injected in you, either as an anasthetic or in the IV.

shayesmom Rookie
"By getting the measles, a person (and their children) are less likely to develop food allergies as there is something triggered in the immune system which prevents these allergies from developing (in essence, the immune system is strengthened)."

This I must disagree with. I had measles as a toddler, my sister and brothers had them at the same time. We have so many food and respiratory allergies, eating together is a veritable mine field! This blanket statement about measles and food allergies cannot be applied.

The medical studies are published on The Lancet's web site. You can register for free and get access to many of the articles and summaries (though many are only available through subscription as this is a medical professional reference site). As with anything else, individuals react differently. In short, here's a brief synopsis of the study:

In 1996, the British medical journal, The Lancet, published Danish and British findings concerning child health, lung function, and allergy. Noting that the incidence of early childhood diseases in Britain has fallen this century while those of allergic diseases such as asthma, hay fever, and eczema rose sharply, the researchers hypothesized that certain childhood infections, specifically measles, may protect against allergy.

They compared evidence of atopy (allergy) in two groups of young adults, aged 14 to 21, in Guinea-Bissau, West Africa. One group had recovered from measles during a 1979 epidemic (before the measles vaccine was introduced); the other did not get measles as children and were later vaccinated.

The researchers confirmed their hypothesis: About 26 per cent of the vaccinated young adults had allergic conditions, twice the rate of those who had recovered from measles. After adjusting for breast-feeding and other variables, they concluded that their findings may indicate that "measles infection prevents allergic sensitization." Because this was the first population-based study to relate reduced allergies to a specific childhood viral infection, they urged further studies in developing countries, where childhood diseases are still widespread due to low vaccination rates.

Vaccine promoters point out that measles complications kill one million children annually, mostly in underdeveloped countries. In Guinea-Bissau's 1979 measles epidemic, the case-fatality rate in children under 3 was 25 per cent: it is better to have asthma for the rest of your life that die from measles.

Mass vaccination critics counter that West Africa's health and living conditions, which could account for the high death rate, don't apply to Europe and North America, where toddlers who get measles usually recover without complications. Why not eliminate poverty, malnutrition, poor sanitation, and substandard medical care in developing countries so that measles-related death rates come down, as in industrialized countries even before vaccination? (More info found on Open Original Shared Link

There are hundreds of medical studies that have Open Original Shared Link. Also interesting to note that the February 1981 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association found that 90% of obstetricians and 66% of pediatricians refused to take the rubella vaccine. Why would that be if it is truly a "magic bullet" against these diseases and is "safe" for the masses?

Once again, I am not necessarily anti-vaccination, but after the fiasco with the medical professionals in regards to my dd, I no longer follow the leader because everyone else is doing it. The best that I can do is try to educate myself and make decisions based upon what works for me and my family. Luckily (or unluckily depending on perspective), my pedi agrees that further vaccines are NOT a good idea for my dd in the future. In the meantime, I will do my best to feed her well and keep her as healthy as humanly possible. :)

cultureslayer Rookie

Having worked for a veterinarian and gone to a vet continuing ed course with the vet that runs THE canine bloodbank (Dr. Jean Dodds, maybe one day I can spend a summer working there), I can say that I'd rather get a MLV over a killed vaccine any day. MLVs carry an ever so slightly increased risk of infection, but they do not contain adjuvants. MLV creates a targeted immune response. Adjuvants cause a general immune response which IMO can contribute to autoimmune disease development in pre disposed individials. Everyone makes autoantibodies. It's just that for some reason they get out of control in certain individuals.

The protection from MLVs lasts several times as long as killed as well.

On a far more ancedotal level, the healthiest dogs I have seen are all on an extremely minimal MLV vaccine schedule (two DP puppy shots starting at about 4 months or something similar) and a low grain usually raw diet. As I get used to not eating gluten I have replaced it with gluten free products for now, but once I am over the initial adjustment I am going to try to slowly minimize my diet's grain and sugar content. My ideal diet would be fruits, veggies, lean meats, and some rice and whole corn in that order. I'm to busy to make it all the way, but I am throughly convinced that low grain is better.

"...the military tried to develop an anthrax vaccine of unsurpassed safety and purety; how military scientists gradually learned that their new vaccine, though pure, was also ineffective;; and how, to boost its effectiveness, they added an "adjuvant," an oil called squalene, to stimulate the immune system. What they didn't know, but should have known, is that squalene causes autoimmune diseases: chronic and even life-threatening illnesses like lupus, crippling arthritis, and multiple sclerosis. This is the stuff that military doctors secretly injected into Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine personnel."

--from the flyleaf of Vaccine A by Gary Matsumoto

Gary Matsumoto, a journalist based n Nw York City, has been...the London Bureau Manager and Chief Foreign Correspondent for NBC Radio News, a Natinal Correspondent for NBC's Weekend Today Show and Senior Correspondent for the Fox News Channel....His 1999 article in Vanity Fair was the first to draw the connection between the anthrax vaccine and Gulf War Syndrome.

SurreyGirl Rookie
There are hundreds of medical studies that have Open Original Shared Link.

This is a very comprehensive resource, thank you shayesmom!

What got me thinking is that I was reading how serious breaching the mucosal/skin barrier and injecting anything into the blood stream can be. Also the fact that many resources mention not only heavy metals but the reaction to the protein: many vaccines use egg culture or peanut derivatives - hey bingo, we have egg and peanut allergies. Apprently even snake venom is not poisonous when ingested, although it will kill if injected (I guess it would still kill someone with leaky gut!).

In the UK there is a recent news item when 6 men fell seriously ill (one with major organ failure still on life support currently) after a trial of vaccine against leukemia, arthritis and MS.

If someone's genetic makeup makes them susceptible (and you would never know until you are exposed!) then the overload of immune cells can easily become too much. I am now quite glad that we have declined some of the boosters and hib - and I will not be rushing to get any flu jabs now either.

Obviously, reversing this is another matter and who knows whether it's even possible.

shayesmom Rookie
Well, what's the remedy? She says she has the homeopathic cure for autism and all other vid induced diseases. What is the remedy?

The remedy is described in the DAN protocol. Open Original Shared Link. This therapy is individualized on a case per case basis but the overview is basically the same.

Our homeopath, who is also an MD and minored in nutrition has implemented many of these in my dd's case. The changes are remarkable but my dd was never near being diagnosed with Autism. Just a questionable celiac with many other food allergies, concerning levels of heavy metals and hyperactive to the extreme. Beginning this method of therapy involved a huge leap of faith in the beginning but was worth all of the effort just to see her energy levels even out and see her enjoy life at her own controlled pace (before it was like she was on speed and she'd have meltdowns very consistently). But that is our personal experience with it. After reading more of the protocol, I will be asking more questions of our homeopath.

SurreyGirl Rookie
The remedy is described in the DAN protocol. Open Original Shared Link. This therapy is individualized on a case per case basis but the overview is basically the same.

This makes sense! I have worked out about a third of it myself already, even though my son doesn't have an autism diagnosis, but I strongly suspect that he is gluten sensitive after the response to gluten-free diet.

I have picked up on malabsorption of fatty acids and fat soluble vitamins, but unfortunately the nutritionist we saw only went as far as prescribing multidoses, which I wasn't quite comfortable with. My gut feeling was right: he was malabsorbing because of gluten, not diet!

Yes, I agree that it needs a leap of faith. I am very sceptical of the doctors who only try to cover up symptoms, so I really need to trust my guts. But now that I have dealt with reason's for malabsorption, the only way is up - just need to find the right doctor here in UK.

My son has some autistic traits, his eye contact and understanding of the world around him has tremendously improved, but I can see that he is experiencing mental blocks. For us it's been a long journey already, but it's been worth it so far.

Many thanks for your help!

Ursa Major Collaborator

I know I haven't been reading this thread so far, because in many forums I would be treated very badly for my stance against vaccines. But I just read this newest news from msn, and thought I'd share it on this thread, as it clearly demonstrates the uselessness of vaccines.

Seven states dealing with mumps outbreak in U.S.

CTV.ca News Staff

Health Canada has issued an advisory to Canadians planning to visit the U.S. to take precautions against an epidemic of mumps that has swept across seven states.

The Public Health Agency of Canada is monitoring the outbreak, which began in Iowa and has now spread to Nebraska, Kansas, Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin and Minnesota, making it the largest outbreak since 1988.

More than 600 suspected cases have been reported.

Health Canada is advising Canadians travelling internationally to ensure their children are immunized for diptheria, whooping cough, tetanus, polio, measles, mumps and rubella, regardless of their destination.

Iowa health officials have described the epidemic as a serious threat, and said the disease has shown up in half of the state's 99 counties.

Symptoms of mumps usually include fever, headache, and swollen glands under the jaw. It is generally spread by coughing and sneezing.

A health official at Southern Illinois University told The Canadian Press the disease normally resolves itself, and there is no reason to panic.

However, the school is taking precautions after students showed up for class with symptoms of the disease this week.

Health Canada reported that college-age students between 18 and 22, have been most affected by the outbreak.

An unusually high proportion of those affected have previously received the two-dose vaccine that covers measles, mumps and rubella, and investigators are trying to determine the cause of the anomaly.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has identified the current strain as similar to genotype D, a common strain of mumps that was identified in the 2004-2005 outbreak in the United Kingdom.

On average, 265 cases of mumps have been reported annually in the U.S. In Iowa, an average of five cases are reported each year.

The Health Canada advisory pointed out that the National Advisory Committee on Immunizations recommends all children receive a vaccination against measles, mumps and rubella at 12 months of age.

Open Original Shared Link

You've got to love the last paragraph. First they tell the story of how truly useless that vaccine is (while saying, that they can't understand what happened here), but they still have to make sure people don't get the idea that maybe immunizing their children is useless. Lets still push the pharmaceutical and government agenda! After all, vaccinations are important for their POCKETBOOKS, not health!

VERY interesting! I think you'll find at least a few of us who share your stance on vaccines.

My son's school had a chickenpox outbreak last year. It was very hush-hush, with the school sending home a note saying that "a few" children had come down with chicken pox. My son was one (and his case was very mild--maybe 5 or 6 pox total). A few days later, I received a call from the Pititsburgh health department, who wanted specific details (date of outbreak, severity, etc.). I managed to get the nurse on the phone to give me a rough idea of how many kids from our school had been affected. She said that we were the 65th family from that school that she had to call. The school has maybe 200-250 kids total, and this was only the second week of the outbreak.

And of course, nearly all the kids in the school had been vaccinated.

My other son and daughter, who never did receive the vaccination, never came down with chicken pox.

Ursa Major Collaborator

Of course, none of my kids had the chicken pox vaccine. It took them an awful lot of exposures to get the chicken pox, when finally my youngest got it when she was nine. I wished they would have caught it sooner, as three of them were very sick (they were 19, 17 and 15 then). Surprisingly, the 20-year-old had a mild case, when a few months later her baby caught it at church, and gave it to her mom.

To outbreaks in schools: It is very typical for measles outbreaks to start with an immunized child, and over 80% of the children who had all their measles shots get the measles. Of course, they'll then send all the non-immunized children home until the outbreak is completely over (which can take weeks), they claim 'for their own protection', but in reality to blackmail the parents into immunizing their kids. Because they'll miss school, they won't get natural immunity if they can't catch it, and the parents will have to arrange for babysitting if they both work, if the kids are too young to be by themselves.

lonewolf Collaborator
And of course, nearly all the kids in the school had been vaccinated.

My other son and daughter, who never did receive the vaccination, never came down with chicken pox.

We had the same thing happen at our school earlier this year and last spring. Almost all of the kids who came down with chicken pox had been vaccinated. Kids, like mine, who had all had them when they were younger, didn't. One boy got them FROM THE VACCINE when his mom took him in. My mom swears I never had them, I don't remember ever having them, but when I was pregnant they did a titre and found I had immunity.

shayesmom Rookie
I know I haven't been reading this thread so far, because in many forums I would be treated very badly for my stance against vaccines.

I find it truly sad that so many people are completely intolerant of a different view in life...especially with something like vaccines. I had one woman on-line tell me "Boy. I SURE am glad that MY kid won't be going to school with YOUR kid". Meanwhile, she is posting every other week about colds, flus, infections, fevers and rashes that her daughter has whereas my daughter hasn't really been sick since February 2005! Nutrition is where good health begins. Add some sanitation and other good hygiene and you're already on your way to being better off. When your child has suffered damage from vaccines, the last thing you want to hear is someone preaching about "the greater good of the masses". Blech! Save the pep speech for someone who is unaffected! I am NOT towing that line! lol!! People should be free to make an informed decision and not be berated or bullied into conforming.

Ursula, if it makes you feel any better, I also used to get treated badly on this stance. Once I confronted our doctor with real and respected medical studies, I got a medical exemption from further experimentation on my child and people have subsequently backed off and respected the fact that we are no longer doing vaccines. Or at least, they keep quiet about it to my face! lol!!

I just wish that more people would stop worrying about being "right" and realize that one answer does not apply to every person....no matter how accepted that answer is. Being in the mainstream of opinion does not give one carte blanche to be disrespectful to those who dissent. JMO

mommida Enthusiast

Vicky , I agree with you. I believe in informed consent, not conform to the masses. It frightens me when people say,"For the greater good of humanity", wasn't that a Nazi propaganda poster ?

The chicken pox outbreak (in our school district) last spring was caused by a vaccinated child. Her mother dragged her everywhere and sent her to school, because, "She couldn't possibly have chicken pox -she had the shot!"

For the record... usually the number one adverse event for each individual vaccine is that you will contract that illness. (possibly a milder case?)

L.

For the record... usually the number one adverse event for each individual vaccine is that you will contract that illness. (possibly a milder case?)

L.

Do we know the number one adverse effect for 26 or more vaccines by the age of 18 months?

Ursa Major Collaborator

Actually, a lot of the time it is worse, not milder, when you get the disease from the vaccine. People have died from polio after getting the polio vaccine, and have given polio to others. And measles will be much worse as well. The reason is, that the normal way of catching these diseases is through your airway, so from the outside in. With the vaccine, the virus is put directly into the bloodstream, overpowering your immune system. It isn't natural, and it doesn't give you immunity, but makes you MORE susceptible to getting the disease, not less.

shayesmom Rookie
Do we know the number one adverse effect for 26 or more vaccines by the age of 18 months?

Took this info from another web site and have provided references as well. I read many of these studies on PubMed and The Lancet. Yet inevitably, it is assumed by most that my vaccine stance stems from sheer ignorance. I remember posting a large list of medical studies and articles once on a parenting site. The studies were from 2004 and back to the 1960's. One woman commented, "Aren't those studies a little old to be used for reference?" :huh: . Hmmmm.....that depends....do you still accept the fact that scurvy was determined to be caused by a deficiency in Vitamin C hundreds of years ago??? Isn't that "too old" to be relevant today? Interestingly enough, the post was deleted within about an hour of my posting. I wondered if perhaps it was due to some anger on the part of a vaccine maker who advertised on the site. lol!!:

According to the U.S. FDA, at least 26 million have allergies, at least 17 million have asthma, 15 million have systemic eczema, and childhood diabetes is increasing rapidly(82). Although Russian and U.S. studies from the 1980s found that thimerosal was highly toxic and recommended thats its use as a medical preservative should be discountinued(70,79) , its use was not discontinued. One study(60a) found 5 times higher rate of allergy among a group vaccinated with pertussis vaccine(DPT) as opposed to an unvaccinated group, and 2 other studies(60bc) found increased asthma, allergies, and eczema among the vaccinated group. Over the last 20 years the percent of diabetes cases below 20 years old has increased from 2% to over 30%, and there was a 70% in cases under 40 years of age between 1990 and 1998(50,52,59). Studies in the U.S. and Sweden have confirmed vaccinations to be a major factor in the increased diabetes cases(52). Currently approx. 16 million have diabetes. DPT vaccinations have also been linked to sudden enfant death syndrome(SIDS)(61). DPT vaccines are mostly given at 2, 4, and 6 months of age and 85% of SIDS cases occur during this age span. One study found babies die at a rate 8 times the normal rate within 3 days of DPT shots(60a), while another found that among SIDS victims 61% had DPT within the 2 previous weeks and 13% within 24 hours of DPT vaccination(60c). A monitoring study of infant breathing patterns after DPT vaccinations showed large increases in breathing difficulties including episodes of ceased breathing, which continued for months after DPT in some cases(61b). Some cases of seizures after DPT were also observed. Another study found significantly higher rates of heart arrest in those getting DpaT vaccines with mercury thimerosal compared to those without(81). Prenatal exposure to mercury has also been found to predispose animals and infants to seizures and epilepsy(85).

(50) B. Windham, Cognitive and Behavioral Effects of Toxic Metals, (over 100 medical study references) www.home.earthlink.net/~berniew1/tmlbn.html

(52) Dr. Gerald Bernstein, Beth Israel Medical Center, NY, past Pres., Amer. Diabetes Association; & U.S. Centers for Disease Control, 2001, www.mercola.com/2000/sept/17/diabetes_epidemic.htm; & Dr. Anthony Iacopino. Conference Paper, American Academy of Periodontology ; & Dr. Bart Classen, Vaccines are the largest cause of insulin-dependent diabetes in young children, paper given at American College for Advancement in Medicine., Nashville, Tenn., May 14, 2001 ; Harris celiac3270, Childhood Vaccinations and Juvenile-Onset (Type-1) Diabetes, Testimony before the Congress of the United States, House of Representatives, Committee on Appropriations, subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies, April 16, 1997, www.909shot.com/hcdiabetes.htm & Classen B. ,Autoimmunity August 2002 Vol. 35 (4), pp. 247-253 & Swedish researchers, Ann. N.Y. Acad Sci. 958: 293-296, 2002

(59) Asthma, mercury, and vaccines. Open Original Shared Link

(60) Odent MR, Culpin EE, Kimmel T; Pertussis vaccination and asthma: is there a link? JAMA, 1994, 272:592-30; & (B) Dr. Julian Hopkn, Churchill Hospitial, Oxford, Asthma & allergy risk increased by vaccination, paper at meeting of British Thoriac Society, Dec 1997; & © Pertusiss vaccine associated with increased asthma and allergies, Archives of Pediatrics and Adoloescent Medicine, 1998; 152:734-738.

(61) Fine JM, Chen LC; "Confounding in studies of adverse reaction s to vaccines", Amer J Epidemiology, 1992, 136:

(70) Kravchenko AT, Dzagurov SG, Chervonskaia GP. III. The detection of toxic properties in medical biological preparations by the degree of cell damage in the L132 continuous cell line. Zh Mikrobiol Epidemiol Immunobiol 1983 Mar;(3):87-92 [Article in Russian]

(79) Magos L, Brown AW, Sparrow S, Bailey E, Snowden RT, Skipp WR; .The comparative toxicology of ethyl- and methylmercury; Arch Toxicol 1985 Sep;57(4):260-7; & Suda I, Totoki S, Uchida T, Takahashi H. Degradation of methyl and ethyl mercury into inorganic mercury by various phagocytic cells; Arch Toxicol 1992;66(1):40-4.

(81) Geier M.R., Geier DA; Thimerosal in Childhood Vaccines, Neurodevelopmental Disorders, and Heart Disease in the U.S. ; J of Amer Physicians and Surgeons, Vol 8(1), Spring 2003; & Bradstreet J, Geier DA, et al,

(85) D.Klinghardt(MD), "Migraines, Seizures, and Mercury Toxicity", Future Medicine Publishing, 1997; & Szasz A, Barna B, Gajda Z, Galbacs G, Kirsch-Volders M, Szente M. Effects of continuous low-dose exposure to organic and inorganic mercury during development on epileptogenicity in rats.

Neurotoxicology. 2002 Jul;23(2):197-206. szente@bio.u-szeged.hu

• 2 weeks later...
Flounder Newbie

Here is a link to the story you are referring to. It is only partly true.

I live in Ohio, and I know the parents of this child. They helped me get started with my son. The father said that his son was not cured from this clinic and he was pretty bummed out about an email sent out by the clinic using his son's name and inaccurate and personal information about him without his permission. I do know that he and his wife consulted a number of doctor's and parents to determine their own treatment plan for their son, and the owner of this clinic tried to take full credit and capitalize from a news story that they did on chelation and their child's recovery.

He gave me a link to the story and a statement that he released about it. It is actually amazing seeing the before and after video of this kid. You can see some of it in the news clip, but I got to see the full video at one of the lectures that they did.

Look here. The video link is in the "update" section.

These parents are fascinating people who have tought me a lot, and it is amazing what they have done with their son in a very short time. I could not tell that there was anything wrong with their son when I saw him. From what I understand, they never used any diets or behavioral therapies on him.

Richard

There's a clinic here in Ohio who was supposed to have a news piece done on them in regards to curing a "true" case of autism. I have not seen the news piece though. I do know that the "cure" was a combination of nutritional therapy (Gluten-free Casein-free diet along with avoidance of corn and artificial additives, colors, sweeteners, etc.), chelation (don't know if it was oral or IV) and an acupressure technique for allergy elimination. The clinic's name is OsteoMed and the child who was "cured" was named Joshua Shoemaker.

<snip>

If I ever find the Joshua Shoemaker story, I'll post it....whether it's legitimate or not. At least we'll know.

• 2 weeks later...
shayesmom Rookie
Here is a link to the story you are referring to. It is only partly true.

I live in Ohio, and I know the parents of this child. They helped me get started with my son. The father said that his son was not cured from this clinic and he was pretty bummed out about an email sent out by the clinic using his son's name and inaccurate and personal information about him without his permission. I do know that he and his wife consulted a number of doctor's and parents to determine their own treatment plan for their son, and the owner of this clinic tried to take full credit and capitalize from a news story that they did on chelation and their child's recovery.

He gave me a link to the story and a statement that he released about it. It is actually amazing seeing the before and after video of this kid. You can see some of it in the news clip, but I got to see the full video at one of the lectures that they did.

Look here. The video link is in the "update" section.

These parents are fascinating people who have tought me a lot, and it is amazing what they have done with their son in a very short time. I could not tell that there was anything wrong with their son when I saw him. From what I understand, they never used any diets or behavioral therapies on him.

Richard

Thank you so much for the updated information. I had received the e-mail from that clinic to watch the news story on Joshua and had even taped the news but it never ran. I had wondered what was going on with it and am saddened that the clinic would take advantage of something like this. Joshua's story should be one of triumph and not focused on fighting off the local buzzards.

It's also disheartening because I have heard so many good stories from patients who have gone to that clinic. I debated taking dd there but decided that I was happy with the care we were receiving, our progress and where we were headed. Now I just have to find out what the difference is between TD-DMSA and DMSA (if there is a difference)! I suppose that they both smell exactly like SKUNK!! :blink: Very difficult to get a toddler to voluntarily drink the oral version ;)

Thanks again for the links and info. It's nice to at least know that there are referrals to DAN! from them also.

Archived