This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Million Dollar Words

Terri-Anne

Terri-Anne Apprentice

:D I was able to pick up three bags of the gluten-free animal crackers today, on my way home from work, before picking Logan up from daycare. I took one bag into the daycare with me to leave in "Logan's snack cupboard." Of course Logan wanted to sample one before putting them away. He's NEVER had an animal cracker in his life (that he would recall), but he has sat along the sidelines at snack time and sadly watched the others eat them., so of course I let him try one in each hand.

His little face beamed with an ear to ear smile, and then came the million dollar words....."I bit it's head off!" :lol:

Isn't that the best?!!!! :P I could have cried!

That is a moment that will be forever etched in my mind. He was just so happy, you could tell he's been aching to do that, the way he's watched the other kids do it countless times before!

I just thought I'd share our (possibly trivial) but very special moment.

I hope it made you smile. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

angel-jd1 Community Regular
:D AWESOME!!!! :D
seeking-wholeness Explorer

That's GREAT!!! I'm so happy for both of you! :D

Guest jhmom
:D That is awesone!!!! You are right it made me smile!!! :D
wclemens Newbie

Oh my gosh, it made me cry! I can just see Logan sitting there smiling, and next I picture my little grandson Dakota, smiling the same way when I finally find those animal crackers and get him some. Having lived with Celiac for the past 51 years, I, too, sat so many times wanting to eat what everyone else was, but I couldn't. I am SO HAPPY that Logan got to finally bite the head off that darn old animal. Welda

JsBaby-G Newbie

Ohhhh that mad me cry too!!! Don't you love the little things in life that can make it so worthwhile. Those words are worth alot more than a million dollars, they are words that make a child feel more "normal" and that is priceless!!!

;)

kejohe Apprentice

That is so cool! It makes me remember the frst time I made my son his "special" cookies and he ate one right out of the oven, his million dollar words were "no touch daddy, it's mmmmyyyyyy cookie!" and now I've got a bag in the freezer all the time!

I just ordered those cookies everyone suggested from mi-del, I hope they get here soon, Bryce starts a new pre-school in just a week and I want him to have all the same stuff the other kids have.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

wclemens Newbie

Hi, I know I wrote down who made those animal crackers and how to find them, but now I am in need of a reminder. I would appreciate any help on how to find them. Were they made by Mi-del? Thanks so much! Welda

Terri-Anne Apprentice

:D Hi Welda,

I bought the Mi-Del gluten-free animal crackers. I purchased them from a local "health food" store that carries various other gluten-free products.

Glad to pass along the info!

jeremy'smom Newbie

hi- i'm new to this board, my name is Brooke,mother of gluten-free 4yr old.

Mi-del cookies are available at "whole foods" in a variety of flavors (choc. chip, ginger, animal) and depending on the manager, might be available cheaper by the case. A manufacturer called authentic foods is also located about 10 min. away from me (southern cal.) but they ship great gluten-free cookies, crackers, pasta and flours.

I know how relieved you must be! :)

JsBaby-G Newbie

I would just like to add that Authentic Foods have the most amazing mixes I have ever tried. I had the Pancake and Cake mixes. The Pancake one was so good that my boyfriend ate only those ones when I had the mix. I made the Cake mix for my nephew's second birthday and was a huge hit!!! I HIGHLY recommend them!!

• 4 months later...
celiac3270 Collaborator
I bought the Mi-Del gluten-free animal crackers. I purchased them from a local "health food" store that carries various other gluten-free products.

Those were the first gluten-free cookies I ever tried and my second favorite to this day. I found an AMAZING chocolate cookie w/chocolate chips -- really good -- unfortunately, I don't have the box here, since I ate the last one yesterday...they're not by mi-del, but my absolute favorite...sorry I don't know what they're called

celiac3270 Collaborator
Mi-del cookies are available at "whole foods" in a variety of flavors (choc. chip, ginger, animal)

Yeah...I've tried all three, though, and the chocolate chip s a real disappointment. Ginger is okay....but I think the arrowroot animal crackers are the only one worth eating all the time....

One more suggestion: my symptoms primarily include stomach pains, and sometimes I vomit from them. They've been getting better, but if anyone here has similar symptoms or knows someone with similar symptoms, these are really good "sick" food....they're bland enough to taste good when you're not feeling well, and also suitable when you're healthy...good cookies.

celiac3270 Collaborator

Sorry, I accidentally posted something twice, so I deleted it from here. My apologies.

Archived