Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Hams For Easter

10 posts in this topic

I'm sorry if this was already posted, but if it was, I couldn't find the thread. Anyway, does anyone know of gluten free hams? My mother said she just called honey baked ham store and they are not gluten-free.

Ads by Google:

Hormel makes some that are gluten-free...they are listed on their website www.hormel.com

You can order the Honeybaked ham without the glaze (the glaze has wheat starch in it), but I would call and speak with the manager and make sure that they can do it.

my mom always gets our hams at Sam's club... she always makes sure there is nothing added and she bakes it herself and makes a honey glaze from scratch. Always very yummy!

Boar's Head has an excellent holiday ham I get at our local Italian deli.

Cooks Hams are a Con Agra product--they will clearly list any gluten in the ingredients. They're also delicious!

As far as hams from the health food stores, Applegate Farms and Wellshire Farms are suppose to have a allergy information key code on the packaging- "gluten-free" for gluten free.

Need to update what a said yesterday about Honeybaked Hams....appears that broncobux called (posted in another post) and the CAN NOT be made without the glaze, therefore, NOT gluten-free. Sorry for any confusion.

I made an error in my earlier post, the key code should read gluten-free for gluten free.

Beeler's is also another company at the health food stores that have hams, I think they list allergens on the packaging as well.

I'm glad this subject was brought up. I just bought a Farmer John ham, cheap. I went right away and looked at the label, which was under the price tag, and it clearly stated soy sauce made with wheat. I'm taking it back!!!

Kandee