This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rpm999 Contributor
RPM,

What else would you drink if you didn't drink water? You have got to have water.... Are you drinking tap water or filtered water?

Does the radioactive dye have iodine? I haven't heard of that, but I have heard of those dyes depleting iodine in your body. I take Lugol's iodine every now and then to replenish iodine stores since I don't eat a lot of fish. But especially when I do any type of x-rays or radiation of any kind.

I do agree that the lyme can cause the body to not detox properly. Anything you can do to assist the body in getting out what already is going on.

filtered, normal bottled water...yeah the dye is iodine, they even said it....i know there's 2 different kinds of iodine though which still confuses me, but they even said iodine...and it was in "radioactive medicine"....but it would make sense....especially since they say at the bottom if you have any liver, kidney or thyroid issues, but i never thought i could

people on LN told me that the dye is FILLED with the celation-related iodine and kills bugs even sometimes, but that would be no good if my detox organs are messed up...i ALSO remember somebody saying they felt much better after the catscan randomly, it probably killed some things in their system and they didn't notice

"Iodine intake immediately increases the excretion of bromide, fluoride, and some heavy metals including mercury and lead." like you, it was basically a detox at the worst time it seems

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
Does anyone get nauseous from water? I have realized that any liquids make me really sick to my stomach! How do I prevent this?! LOL! :lol: It's not like I can stop drinking.

Yes, if I drink too much at a time. Try sipping it throughout the day.

Kass, I think there is something about the bottoms of our feet. When we age we lose the padding and I think when we are chronically ill the aging process is accelerated, so i am thinking maybe we are losing the padding on the bottom of our feet too?

I have a lot of pain on the bottom of my feet in general, anyone else experiencing this?

This is a classic bartonella symptom, though it's one I did not have at all .... ever.

Carla, glad you are feeling good today :)

Thanks ... though I can't say I feel "good", it's just that I don't feel "bad." I went to the gym with Adam, could only play one game of racquetball, and he beat me 15-13. Then we lifted weights and I stretched. I'm sluggish today, but don't really feel bad. I'd be perfectly happy to just go lie down ... but I have some driving to do first, then dinner to cook.

Big improvement from last year at this time when I needed help walking to and from the bathroom! Now I play racquetball on a BAD day! B)

confusedks Enthusiast
Kass, I think there is something about the bottoms of our feet. When we age we lose the padding and I think when we are chronically ill the aging process is accelerated, so i am thinking maybe we are losing the padding on the bottom of our feet too?

I have a lot of pain on the bottom of my feet in general, anyone else experiencing this?

According to my LLMD it is a Lyme symptom. I think it's Bart actually, but I do know it's Lyme related. I actually noticed that it was really bad for me earlier this morning, it's funny you wrote this. I was really annoyed at it earlier. ;) This is one of the reasons they think I have bart (I think that's right...Carla?). It's exactly like you said, it feels like less padding. But I'm too young to chalk that up to age, lol. :rolleyes::lol:

confusedks Enthusiast

Julie, Carla beat me to it! We must have been posting at the same time.

Carla, I'm glad you were able to go to the gym! My mom is trying to figure out if I can get my gym membership back...let's hope! :D

tabasco32 Apprentice

Hi all

Hey did anyone read The Parade section in the paper Sunday about autism in children and how Dr's. are going about it? It's kind of disturbing and really controversial.

Tonight I will do a coffee enyma. My first one! :) Oh how exciting. Never though I would get this excited about putting a funnel in my butt and pouring coffee in their.

I hope it works for me. I really need to dump these toxins out. I think a new analogy on this is not a bucket or bathtub. I told my mom we are like old broke down toilets.

You try to get the s#!t to go down but it just keeps coming back up! So here we are plunging our livers and kidneys and taking supplements that act like draino so some of this poop can leave our bodies and stay unplugged.

OH well what you gonna do? I'm here at the library and I hope no one is seeing me type this but the people in here smell bad. Like they haven't took a shower in days. :wacko:

I don't know if it's just me but I get annoyed very, very easy. If someone tells me my hair looks nice or something I just want to slap them.

Have to go now I am afraid the stinky people will read my post. TATA

Lisa

confusedks Enthusiast

Anyone ever experience day sweats? LOL! I think I'm herxing today. <_< Or it was the trampoline?! :blink:

Lisa, Have fun with your ecoffee!!!! :lol:;)

CarlaB Enthusiast

:lol: :lol: :lol: Lisa, you are always good for a laugh! :lol: :lol: Do you intend to be this funny, or does it just come naturally?

Have fun at your date with a coffee pot. ;) They sure give me some relief!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confused Community Regular

I know this completely off topic, but does anyone get like a contracting blood vessel or muscle in their thigh. I cant tel if its my blood flowing or an muscle. But for the last few hours my thigh feels funny and its an contracting feeling. I of course first thought dvt, but that didnt fit. I did find one article talk about magnesium deficient. It is more irritating then anything tho.paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Wow...lots to respond to today! You guys have been busy... :P

I'm only on my lunch but just wanted to drive-by and share my exciting news of the day. :D

I got to have another one of the things on my wish list...and nope it wasnt a Big Mac...not quite ready for that yet. :P

BUT...I had a Starbucks caramel frappacino this morning! :D

OMG....I could not stop smiling...I just felt so special carrying around my starbucks coffee. :lol:

I know its not something I cvould do everyday but it was a really nice treat.....and I feel fine. :)

It was decaf but I still got really hyper and wouldn't shut up for about an hour....I think because of the sugar and the fact that I hadnt eaten anything.

I actually didnt think I'd tolerate it. My friend called me in the morning and asked if I wanted to try a decaf starbucks. They all drink starbucks every morning...and I'm always jealous but I've never felt like I could have one without messing myself up really bad.

I wasnt too sure if I should try it...I told her I was scared of getting messed up again....but I really really wanted one! She said if I feel anything bad she would finish it for me...so I got one and it was sooooo good!! :D

I drank all of it and I still got a big smile on my face. :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Rachel :D

AndreaB Contributor

Wasn't getting email updates again......

Kassandra,

They recommend ART every three months to reassess.

Julie,

Sorry you've not been feeling well.

Nyxie,

Hugs. Hang in there!

Mia,

I don't know what to tell you.

Rachel,

:D

Carla,

Glad your bad days are so good now. :D

I've been feeling iffy lately. Started my cycle again after only 16 days. :( I've still been dealing with intermittant pains as well as fatigue/low energy and hot/cold episodes. I had to put an extra blanket on my bed to even be able to sleep comfortably. I have the blanket here with me at the comuter for when I need it.

Dr E mentioned coco pulse testing to try and figure out if another food is bothering me......also to test how the raw cheese goes, as well as nut butters for T.

tabasco32 Apprentice
OMG....I could not stop smiling...I just felt so special carrying around my starbucks coffee. :lol:

What a coicidence, today you tried coffee by drinking it and I tried coffee by sucking it up my butt. :lol:

I don't call it starbucks. I call it fourbucks because their coffee is about as much as my car insurance.

confusedks Enthusiast
Kassandra,

They recommend ART every three months to reassess.

I've been feeling iffy lately. Started my cycle again after only 16 days. :( I've still been dealing with intermittant pains as well as fatigue/low energy and hot/cold episodes. I had to put an extra blanket on my bed to even be able to sleep comfortably. I have the blanket here with me at the comuter for when I need it.

Dr E mentioned coco pulse testing to try and figure out if another food is bothering me......also to test how the raw cheese goes, as well as nut butters for T.

Thanks. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. That sucks! :( What is coco pulse testing?

What a coicidence, today you tried coffee by drinking it and I tried coffee by sucking it up my butt. :lol:

I don't call it starbucks. I call it fourbucks because their coffee is about as much as my car insurance.

LOL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rachel, That's great! I'm SOOOO jealous! ;)

CarlaB Enthusiast

YAY Rachel!

How'd it go Lisa?

tabasco32 Apprentice
I know its not something I cvould do everyday but it was a really nice treat.....and I feel fine. :)

Yeah I can't do this everyday as well, it wasn't a nice treat for me and I feel eeekkk....

My butt drank all of it too, but nope I sure didn't get a smile on my face. :huh:

AndreaB Contributor
What is coco pulse testing?

THE COCA PULSE TEST

by Lynn Hinderliter CN, LDN

Dr. Arthur F. Coca, a renowned physician, developed the Coca Pulse Test for allergy elimination over 40 years ago. It is a simple yet extremely effective and inexpensive way to identify foods or substances to which a person may be allergic, sensitive or intolerant.

Although the Coca test is simple, it requires the complete co-operation of the person involved. Foods to which you are intolerant are stressful to your organism and will reveal themselves by speeding up your pulse. Laboratory tests which are actually less accurate than this method can cause thousands of dollars!

Through this test, Dr. Coca was able to address a large number of symptoms and conditions by identifying and eliminating from the diet, foods to which the person was intolerant.

As health recovery proceeds, some foods to which a person has sensitivity may be re-introduced in moderation using the pulse to monitor their acceptability. Understanding and using the test as a tool can help you throughout your life to be free from the ill effects of eating foods that are not right for you. Dr. Coca wrote a book called The Pulse Test which gives more details, and can be purchased through Lame Advertisement. (Link in RESOURCES at right)

PULSE TEST Part 1

Procedure

For 3 days you will be taking your pulse 14 times per day. Once before you get out of bed, once before each meal, 3 times after each meal at 30 minute intervals, and finally, just before you go to bed. All pulses should be taken sitting, except the important one upon waking. Write down your results, and record what you eat at each meal. For best accuracy, avoid snacks, but if you succumb make a note of what you ate.

It is extremely important that you take a full 1 minute pulse: do not take a 15 second one and multiply by 4! Accuracy is all important here. Do not smoke during the 3 day test, as smoking affects results. This test may not work if you are taking a medical drug to control your heart rate, such as a beta-blocker.

INTERPRETATION OF TEST, Part 11.

You can characterize your pulse as follows:

1. The daily low pulse rate. Normally this will be your waking rate, unless you are sleeping on something you are allergic to!

2. Note the highest and lowest pulse on each day. The maximum normal range difference is 16 beats. If your rate is higher than this, you are allergic to something.

3. Once you have your average pulse, and your differential ( the difference between the daily low and high rates), anything that causes you to vary from that is suspect.

Dr E wants me to do this to see if I can pinpoint what is causing me problems.

mftnchn Explorer
I haven't been posting much here either, lots of brain fog and general "out of it-ness".

I look at the scientificness and my eyes just glaze over. I don't seem to have much to add to the conversation.

Julie, I've been feeling the same way...although my nausea has improved thankfully.

Julie and Kassandra, I have foot pain too. I have been told that I have lost padding on my feet, also that my feet are very fine and "boney." I've also been told I have 4 other problems with my feet. My LLMD has suspected the foot problems are lyme related but no one knows how much.

I don't describe my foot pain as general, at least not usually. I have mostly two kinds of pain. Pain in the ball of the foot is the major problem. I wear orthotics and have a hard time finding shoes that are comfortable. I typically get pain if I walk very much, although usually around the house and basic trips to the store or appointments I am okay.

In addition, I occasionally get shooting pains or jolts of pain in my feet, especially at night. This can be on the top of the foot, or around my big toes.

I used to have trouble walking when I first get up in the morning, but now I can't recall what the feeling in my feet was like. I was very stiff and would sort of hobble around until things loosened up. But I don't get that anymore, or only rarely. This was clearly lyme related and improved when I started antibiotics (but it didn't improve until 8 months on abx, and improved slowly for 18 months or so).

I sure am hoping the the levaquin might make a difference with my remaining foot pain!

mftnchn Explorer
According to my LLMD it is a Lyme symptom. I think it's Bart actually, but I do know it's Lyme related. I actually noticed that it was really bad for me earlier this morning, it's funny you wrote this. I was really annoyed at it earlier. ;) This is one of the reasons they think I have bart (I think that's right...Carla?). It's exactly like you said, it feels like less padding. But I'm too young to chalk that up to age, lol. :rolleyes::lol:

That's for sure. Interestingly, I remember having difficulty even when I was in college finding shoes that I could walk in comfortably. They would be fine in the store but bother me after wearing them for awhile. Who knows? Maybe I had lyme much longer than I thought. I also had a tick bite as a child.

One thing, I wish I had gone much earlier to a foot doctor, because some of my problems could have apparently been prevented with orthotics and splinting earlier on.

mftnchn Explorer

Andrea,

I was afraid that you weren't feeling well as I haven't seen you posting too much lately. Sorry to hear this, and hope you get some relief soon. Keep us posted.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer
Yeah I can't do this everyday as well, it wasn't a nice treat for me and I feel eeekkk....

My butt drank all of it too, but nope I sure didn't get a smile on my face. :huh:

LOL! It is hard at first getting everything coordinated. It is very matter of course now for me.

When I am really toxic, I can feel lightheaded and weird afterward, sometimes I even take a rest for an hour. But then things clear up and I am much better than before. I sure hope this works for you and helps with some of the symptoms.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Mia

I am not sure what your symptoms are but it is certainly possible that you are having a herx and if so, if you can detox and manage to stay with it, eventually it will get better.

My additional thought is to check your pharmacy instructions or online, and look at the list of side effects. Try to list your symptoms clearly when you call your doctor.

I'm doing okay so far on the Levaquin, since nausea has improved; I have some mild symptoms. I am also pushing up my ASYRA drops and andrographis drops, and have added the andrographis capsules and the pectin. Maybe the pectin and chlorella, added to the charcoal, is really helping me.

Carla, did you start herxing immediately when you went on Levaquin?

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Julie, I am taking the same brand of pectin as you are, so I'd love the info about where to buy it more cheaply online.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Andrea,

Thanks for the post on the pulse testing. I am going to save that for the future.

My allergist had me check pulses when I have done food testing in the past. I would take a baseline pulse just before eating food I was challenging, as well as record baseline symptoms. Then check every 15 minutes.

Only some foods would cause a change in pulse.

The most dramatic one I remember was testing banana many years ago. I was not feeling well, so I had eaten the banana and just laid down in bed. My pulse went like from between 70-80 or something to over 120...with no activity!! Recently Dr. E mentioned that banana didn't test too well on ART.

Last summer when I tested grains and legumes, one or two caused pulse change but I don't recall now which one--I'd have to check my records.

Sherry

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, did you start herxing immediately when you went on Levaquin?

Sherry

I don't remember. I remember herxing the first six weeks on it, but I don't remember how long it took me to start feeling bad. It seems like in general with the meds, it was the first day I took them .... but I don't remember for sure.

confusedks Enthusiast

Andrea,

Thanks for posting the info. I too will save it for later use. My pulse is really wacky though already because of Lyme, well I think that's why anyway.

It is usually around 100-115 which is pretty high, even when I'm resting. Strange.

Lisa,

LOL! :lol:

Archived