This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
When my kids were little I took them to my allergist (who is also a pediatrician) for testing. It was amazing to see the symptoms that were provoked. My son would get more hyper, once got really angry. My daughter would get tired and withdraw--curl up in a little ball and hide in a corner, also a range of emotional responses.

Did you track those down to certain foods? My children are quite difficult.........today has already been a challenge, on top of not feeling well.

We'll probably tackle some of this on the weekend when hubby is home to help.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mftnchn Explorer
Julie-

I did send you a PM the other day. I will probably send you another one though

Oh Foot pain is a definite symptom of mine. I get it on the bottom of my feet and mainly on the right foot. It is a definite symptom of bart. Some days it is much worse than usual and usuallly it is worse in the mornings.

Mia, I don't blame you for wanting to fast forward. Hoping it goes okay.

My right foot is the most problem as well. Interesting.

Sherry

aprilh Apprentice
Here .... I'm doing you a favor ... you are toxic in pesticides ... you are now diagnosed :lol:. I say this with certainty as we ALL are!! :D

:D Thanks Doc! WHEW! Glad that's over!! :D

Good to know about the glues! I would much rather spend my money on the sauna than someone cutting a 1 inch slice out of my butt!!! :ph34r:

mftnchn Explorer

Rachel, when you fold up your sauna, how small does it get? I am wondering if this is something I should consider taking to China with me, but it has to fold up small with the luggage restrictions these days.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Carla and Mia, I mostly pushed through the symptoms with the antibiotics as well. I did have one period about month 3 on abx as I recall, where I got really toxic. I think I had been on doxycycline which really really upset my stomach. My doctor had me drop everything for a week maybe 2? He had me doing a special diet, and using a special detox diet powder that I used three times a day. It's so long ago now I don't remember the details.

So far no clear symptoms on Levaquin, I started last Friday.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer
Did you mean me? Is it Dee Cee labs?

If so order it from Amazon (not directly from the Amazon Seller) at Open Original Shared Link

No, that's not the one. Its the one Julie mentioned to me, EcoNugenics or something like that.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Sorry, Donna and Julie...probably the lyme brain. I'll look back and see if I can find it....not sure why my brain was convinced.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mftnchn Explorer
Did you track those down to certain foods? My children are quite difficult.........today has already been a challenge, on top of not feeling well.

We'll probably tackle some of this on the weekend when hubby is home to help.

Well, I didn't do this at home. We did provocative testing in the doctor's office, were in a little room all day long with various doses by injection or under the tongue all day long. This was mostly food testing. Yes, foods and chemicals were identified in both kids.

We used drops as treatment and it helped a lot, especially with my daughter. The problem was, it would have to be redone every so often and we were overseas.

We ending up with my daughter rotating milk, having it once every 4 days. This cured her ear infections which had been non stop for 2 years, had caused hearing loss and the ENT was recommending surgery. Going off milk for a few days and her ears were back within normal limits. While still on the abx, we pushed milk and went back to the ENT and she was just as bad off as before. So it was clearly the milk.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Yep, that was you, Donna. In the email it says that Dee Cee labs is the same as the Econugenics...

Thanks for the info, I'll check into it.

mftnchn Explorer

Donna, my bottle does say Pectisol, but is capsules instead of powder. The brand is EcoNugenics. Seems like the price was $35 but I am not sure. 270 capsules.

Sherry

confusedks Enthusiast

Carla, How long do you sleep on an average day? I seem to sleep until 10.30 no matter what time I go to bed...ugh. It's not very conducive to getting school work done/started for the day.

dlp252 Apprentice
Yep, that was you, Donna. In the email it says that Dee Cee labs is the same as the Econugenics...

Thanks for the info, I'll check into it.

Donna, my bottle does say Pectisol, but is capsules instead of powder. The brand is EcoNugenics. Seems like the price was $35 but I am not sure. 270 capsules.

I think the DC labs uses the Econugenics Pectasol...there's a trademark mention on the DC container saying that Pectasol is a registered trademark of Econugenics.

The capsules sound convenient--not sure cost wise since the jar I have is loose powder...but, I haven't ordered any of the EcoNugenics brand. I know when I was searching online for Pectasol, I couldn't find a lot of sources other than EcoNugenics and DeeCee labs. Probably because EcoNugenics owns the mark, lol.

I just did a search at amazon and EcoNugenics came up a lot.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
What do you think about the DMSA oral chelation therapy?

I prefer IV DMPS over oral DMSA after having tried both. One of my Dr.'s uses DMSA while the other uses every option but prefers IV DMPS.

I didnt feel like DMSA was the best choice for me right now....I read alot about both and there is alot of conflicting info out there. My understanding is that DMSA can worsen gut issues...especially with flaring up the yeast....my Dr. told me this as well.

Some Dr.'s feel that DMSA acts more unpredictably and is most beneficial at the later stages of treatment...but not the best choice in the beginning if you have a heavy load of mercury.

I was scared of DMPS because I'd read alot of horror stories although my Dr. told me that in all of his years of using it none of his patients have been harmed.

I think any chelation can be risky if the Dr. isnt taking all things into consideration. I felt like DMPS is a more effective chelator when used appropriately....so thats why I stopped DMSA and switched to DMPS.

I also had enough confidance in my Dr....he's always been very catious with how he proceeds with treatment so I felt pretty safe. I was started out on a very small dose and I think proper dosing is very important. You cant start everyone out on the same dose because some people can barely tolerate small amounts....and some people cant tolerate any at all.

I've read where some people did badly on DMSA and then on DMPS they made progress. I've also read of people doing bad on DMPS but then improving on the DMSA...so it just depends on how your body responds.

I agree with Carla about the pesticides...we all have them! When they did studies....taking random seemingly healthy people off the streets and tested them for all sorts of toxins....it turned out that every person had all of these toxins...and in large amounts. My Dr. said we are all toxic...my neighbor could be just as toxic as I am and yet not have all of the symptoms I've had.

Some of us just get to a point where our immune systems cant deal with it all anymore....while other people are still feeling fine because their immune system is able to handle it. That can change because at any time the scales can tip and we end up with more of a burden than we can handle.

I dont really see how testing for pesticides in this way would be useful.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, How long do you sleep on an average day? I seem to sleep until 10.30 no matter what time I go to bed...ugh. It's not very conducive to getting school work done/started for the day.

I start stirring at 8:30 ... I take my thyroid ... then I start waking up about 9 and take my Cowden herbs .... then I get up by 9:30.

I used to sleep until at least 9:30, but now I'm waking up a little earlier. I don't worry about how late I sleep ... it's really the most important thing right now, way more important than anything I'd be getting up for. Just start school when you can and get done what you can.

I go to bed between 10:30-11:30 ... so I guess that's about 9-10 hours sleep. With my tired adrenals and low thyroid, it's no surprise ... when I push it, I get Lyme symptoms ... not enough rest is what pushes me to having too big a burden and becoming symptomatic again. Right now it's a delicate balance. Hopefully, as I reduce my toxic burden, my immune system will get stronger and I'll be able to do more. :)

confusedks Enthusiast
I start stirring at 8:30 ... I take my thyroid ... then I start waking up about 9 and take my Cowden herbs .... then I get up by 9:30.

I used to sleep until at least 9:30, but now I'm waking up a little earlier. I don't worry about how late I sleep ... it's really the most important thing right now, way more important than anything I'd be getting up for. Just start school when you can and get done what you can.

I go to bed between 10:30-11:30 ... so I guess that's about 9-10 hours sleep. With my tired adrenals and low thyroid, it's no surprise ... when I push it, I get Lyme symptoms ... not enough rest is what pushes me to having too big a burden and becoming symptomatic again. Right now it's a delicate balance. Hopefully, as I reduce my toxic burden, my immune system will get stronger and I'll be able to do more. :)

Thanks. I seemingly need so much sleep it's crazy! I am going to talk to Dr H about adrenal fatigue. For as long as I can remember, it always takes me FOREVER to "get goin'" in the morning. I used to joke that it takes me 5-6 hours to wake up, but it's true!

I wonder if it's related?! :huh:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Oh, it's definitely related!! It takes me forever to wake up, too. And I'm married to a morning person! :o

The Lyme and everything else going on with you (ferritin, school stress, brother stress, mother stress, etc.) are all bound to have taken quite a toll on your adrenal glands.

Spend some time Googling adrenal fatigue. There are even some old threads here when Ursa Major and I would talk about it .... I was diagnosed with it before Lyme. I had it, no doubt, but it was caused by the Lyme. There are things you can do to strengthen them.

mftnchn Explorer
The capsules sound convenient--not sure cost wise since the jar I have is loose powder...but, I haven't ordered any of the EcoNugenics brand. I know when I was searching online for Pectasol, I couldn't find a lot of sources other than EcoNugenics and DeeCee labs. Probably because EcoNugenics owns the mark, lol.

I just did a search at amazon and EcoNugenics came up a lot.

Donna, the powder does look cheaper, and I looked but didn't find the paper with the price I paid at Dr. E's. Seems like I might have sent that page to the insurance and didn't think about needing a copy, LOL. I'll check on the price when I talk to them next.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

I forgot to tell you all, Monday I had DMPS by IV, and took home my second little orange jug as he wants to check levels for metals. I am so much hoping there will be improvement this time.

AndreaB Contributor
I forgot to tell you all, Monday I had DMPS by IV, and took home my second little orange jug as he wants to check levels for metals. I am so much hoping there will be improvement this time.

I'm hoping their is improvement as well. :) I'll be looking for your update when you have it.

confusedks Enthusiast
Oh, it's definitely related!! It takes me forever to wake up, too. And I'm married to a morning person! :o

The Lyme and everything else going on with you (ferritin, school stress, brother stress, mother stress, etc.) are all bound to have taken quite a toll on your adrenal glands.

Spend some time Googling adrenal fatigue. There are even some old threads here when Ursa Major and I would talk about it .... I was diagnosed with it before Lyme. I had it, no doubt, but it was caused by the Lyme. There are things you can do to strengthen them.

I will definitely google that stuff. I started a list of questions to ask the LLMD about (things that keep coming up...must write them down because I forget!) and I just wrote adrenal fatigue down this morning actually. Yes, stress is a major issues in my life right now. All the medical, family, etc. etc. Hopefully things will start to calm down soon!!! ;):lol:

That's funny that Adam is a morning person and you're not. I HATE morning people...my mom always used to strike up conversations with me at like 6 in the morning and I'd get really grouchy. :lol:;) I don't like mornings and never have!!

Also, to everyone, there is a weekly chat for Lyme teens, so it was tonight. The girl who suggested Dr H to me, runs it. We were talking about detox and she is on IV abx, and does colonics, weekly. Apparently Dr H HIGHLY suggests doing them. Since they are about $90-$100 per one, I am thinking I may do them, but rarely. But, I would imagine that coffee enemas are probably about the same idea. I haven't done them because I wanted to ask Dr H first, but now I may just do them without asking. We'll see.

Another thing, there was a chiropractor/nutritionist (Dr. C) who she suggested to me a while ago. She does nutrition, muscle testing, supplements and works with Lyme patients. She believes you must strengthen your body/immune system before you're able to properly fight the Lyme.

We had an appt. with her, but we cancelled because it was too hectic at the time. I talked to her about my stool tests and how there was so much going on and she said that I *must* go see this Dr. Soooo, I talked to my mom about it and she is thinking about calling to set up an appt, but once we find out if the insurance is going to reimburse us for some things.

Overall, today was a good day! I am very excited about possibly seeing Dr. C. We will know hopefully by Monday if the Mepron and iron IV's will be covered or not! So, I hope it is!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Kassandra, there are places you have to cut ... so if you need to do coffee enemas instead of colonics, they're not just the same, but it's a value thing ... limited amount of money ... you decide where to spend it with the advice of your doctor.

There is Lyme chat every night at the address I posted here before. It's fun ... get hopping late .... I try to get off by 11 LOL.

I agree that the body has to be strong. Killing bugs is only HALF the battle! The other half it building the body/immune system and eliminating toxins.

confusedks Enthusiast

I tried to get in that chat tonight, but nobody was there. It's at 5 my time...right?

mftnchn Explorer

The chat sounds great but I am just to overloaded to block out the time. I have a hard time staying caught up here...at the same time I value everything you all find out and post here.

Sherry

confusedks Enthusiast
The chat sounds great but I am just to overloaded to block out the time. I have a hard time staying caught up here...at the same time I value everything you all find out and post here.

Sherry

It's great when I am stuck in bed! That's usually the only time I go in. Otherwise I want to be away from all the illness! B)

mftnchn Explorer

Yeah, its like...is there life after lymes?

Archived