This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Green12 Enthusiast
Here is the info mercola was talking about the purifier

Open Original Shared Link

Thanks for this link Paula, I read through it and sounds like a good purifier.

Mercola doesn't like ozone machines, I need to find out if mine has the minimum amount of ozone output that is considered safe.

Ok its official i do have an problem with mold. I am so upset right now. I decided to clean the bathroom with an toothbrush cause the grout lines have not been done for months. Well i decide to take off the vent covers and sure enough there is mold all in there. Even since we have moved downstairs i have been sick and i had thought it was mold toxicity from all the old mold problems that we had. But i had thought they got it out when they remolded. I am so sick right now, i got all light headed and couldnt breathe. Im sure it has traveled threw all of the heat vents by now.

So sorry Paula about the mold :(

What were those mold plates you guys were talking about, Donna I think and Rachel?? Did they measure the mold, or pick up if it was in your room/house??

Oh...I forgot to mention something exciting that happened...about a week ago I wore earrings!!! A small thing to most people, but as most people on this thread know, I've developed a strong sensitivity to metals, including gold. Since I've been in "treatment" for the lyme and system support for about a year now, I decided to give them a try again. I wore them for probably about 8 hours, and my ears didn't hurt and there was no oozing or cysts in the holes! That is a major improvement over the last time I tried!!!! I only had them in for a couple of hours before those symptoms came up.

I haven't tried again...sort of afraid to push my luck, but it's nice to know I could wear them again once in a while. I have 4 holes in each ear, so I've got LOTS of earrings I want to wear, lol! :lol:

This is VERY EXCITING Donna :D:D:D

I haven't tried to wear jewelry in a couple years now, anytime I put a necklace on I got a rash around my neck. With earrings my ears got all red and itchy and swollen. I might try again in a few months.......my ears might have closed up by now though I am affraid.

It is such a small thing to most, but HUGE to us. I feel the same about EM. I know it's hard to understand our excitement and giddiness about a makeup line, but I wouldn't be wearing makeup otherwise because I have reacted to everything else. So it's been fun to partake in the girlyness :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confused Community Regular

Oh i know im not going to clean it myself. I was meaning having someone clean out the vents or just replace every vent in the house. Im afraid if someone comes and cleans it out they will just blow the mold spores all over the house.

I am just so mad that when we remolded due to mold that they didnt get rid of all the mold. Our insurance paid more then 60 grand to get rid of the mold problem and i think all they did was cover up the problem and not really kill it.

I just dont know were to start at. My mom thinks we need to regut the whole bathroom all over again and start all over. But its not like i have 15,000 laying around to do that. Plus i know it wont stop at the bathroom, it never does.

I know i can hire someone just to cover up the problem and sell the house, but i would feel quilty doing that. This house has so many memories that i dont want to sell it anyway. My youngest daughter was born in the house, how can i sell it when that meant so much to us.

Im just sitting here in tears and feeling so overwhelmed. Then hearing on different websites that you can die from mold toxixity is just scaring the crap out of me.

Thanks for letting me ramble, I hope i made sense lol

dlp252 Apprentice
What were those mold plates you guys were talking about, Donna I think and Rachel?? Did they measure the mold, or pick up if it was in your room/house??

The plates did measure the mold. The mold plates I got were plastic jars with lids. They have some sort of gel stuff in them. You open the jar and leave it open in the room you want to test for specified amount of time (I can't remember how long now), then you put the cover pack on, tape it, label it. When all the jars are sealed you put them in foil and ship them to the company. The mold grows on that gel stuff and the company measures how much mold grows. There are some guidelines...for instance, the jars should be placed 3 ft from any walls, stuff like that.

My bedroom had some mold, but it wasn't horrible. The other place that had moderate mold was my kitchen. My bathroom was low as was my spare bedroom. On a scale of 0-10, my living room was a 10! The mold they found was candida.

It is such a small thing to most, but HUGE to us. I feel the same about EM. I know it's hard to understand our excitement and giddiness about a makeup line, but I wouldn't be wearing makeup otherwise because I have reacted to everything else. So it's been fun to partake in the girlyness :lol:

Yes, it really is, lol! And same as you, I wouldn't be wearing makeup if not for EM!

Im afraid if someone comes and cleans it out they will just blow the mold spores all over the house.

Im just sitting here in tears and feeling so overwhelmed. Then hearing on different websites that you can die from mold toxixity is just scaring the crap out of me.

Thanks for letting me ramble, I hope i made sense lol

You made sense, I couldn't tell if you were thinking of cleaning it yourself, lol...I was pretty sure you wouldn't, but just thought I'd throw that out there! Blowing the mold spores around is a real possibility, especially if they are not experts in mold removal, but I still think that even with the experts some of the spores are going to be released. Stupid mold can definitely make us really, really sick. I really think most of my symptoms are from the mold issue not lyme and not even the metals so much.

AndreaB Contributor
I haven't tried to wear jewelry in a couple years now, anytime I put a necklace on I got a rash around my neck. With earrings my ears got all red and itchy and swollen. I might try again in a few months.......my ears might have closed up by now though I am affraid.

I haven't worn earrings for years. I used to have problems with one ear and it still fills with something occassionaly (the ear holes have closed but must not be fully closed). I'd like to think about going back to those someday too.

I'm going to venture into the EM once I can line up some extra money.......don't know when that will be, but I'll probably be bugging you around that time. :P

I am just so mad that when we remolded due to mold that they didnt get rid of all the mold. Our insurance paid more then 60 grand to get rid of the mold problem and i think all they did was cover up the problem and not really kill it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did as minimal as possible and the mold came back.....otherwise they missed some spots and it regrew. If it's throughout the house it would probably be best to move.....if it's a room or two maybe you could gut those rooms. I know finding money for something like that is extremely difficult. Maybe focus on getting the vents cleaned or replaced and then try to work on the bathroom.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I hope it's an easier fix than you're thinking though.

AndreaB Contributor
I really think most of my symptoms are from the mold issue not lyme and not even the metals so much.

I'm with you on that one.

I just was talking to my mom. She was wondering if I really had to get my teeth done. She's had fillings for years and hasn't had problems, at least that she's aware of. I told her that mercury was my problem and they had to go. I also mentioned that if we hadn't been on a vegan diet I probably still would have been ok. I really think the vegan diet did us a world of hurt.

dlp252 Apprentice

Andrea, the good thing about EM is that it's pretty reasonably priced compared to other mineral brands, and you can get free samples (you just pay $3.95 for shipping) of the foundations and blush to you can try out colors before investing in big containers...they also have two sizes...smalls and larges so you don't have to get huge containers if you don't want them.

jerseyangel Proficient
Andrea, the good thing about EM is that it's pretty reasonably priced compared to other mineral brands, and you can get free samples (you just pay $3.95 for shipping) of the foundations and blush to you can try out colors before investing in big containers...they also have two sizes...smalls and larges so you don't have to get huge containers if you don't want them.

Yes, the samples are pretty good sized, too! I'm still using mine, as I don't wear makeup every day and haven't gotten around to ordering the larger size. The sample of blush really lasts, since you use so little.

When you can, have fun with it :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla,

Sorry for being a jerk last night. Was trying to be a brat and guess I passed it. :P

:huh: I thought we were just playing around. :) You must have succeeded at what you were working on! Jerk is an endearing word in my vocabulary ... I have to like you a lot to use it. :D Sorry that you thought I meant it differently.

Yes, everyone, I called Nyxie a jerk. We were playing around. :D

Honestly, the fog is so bad, I don't even remember what we were joking about. :blink: But I remember having fun in chat last night! B)

Sorry, guys, I'm not caught up ....

Nyxie63 Apprentice
Yes, everyone, I called Nyxie a jerk. We were playing around. :D

Whew! :D Ok. Yeah, figured we were goofing around, but wanted to make sure.

You know how afterwards you sometimes think about things and they start seeming worse than they were or start questioning yourself and such. But anyhoo....

You're still older than me. Neener! :lol::lol:

tabasco32 Apprentice

Nyxie, what's up with that avatar with tin foil hat area anyway?:)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Whew! :D Ok. Yeah, figured we were goofing around, but wanted to make sure.

You know how afterwards you sometimes think about things and they start seeming worse than they were or start questioning yourself and such. But anyhoo....

You're still older than me. Neener! :lol::lol:

What, did you think if you posted that low enough that I'd miss it? See what I mean, guys?

So, have you heard from Dr. H yet?

Nyxie63 Apprentice

LOL! It's a carryover from a running joke on another board. Just feel it applies to myself most days.

The link is here if you care to check it out:

Open Original Shared Link

Nyxie63 Apprentice
What, did you think if you posted that low enough that I'd miss it? See what I mean, guys?

So, have you heard from Dr. H yet?

Nyxie, semi-professional smartazz. At your service. ;)

Not Dr H. Got a fax from the office finally giving me the pre-cert number for the MRI (only took over a week). *grumblemutter* They did, however, write it on the page I faxed to them yesterday with a list of my recent symptoms. Guess that's my answer. :ph34r:

It's scheduled for this coming Monday. Guess I lucked out - they had an opening in the open MRI unit that afternoon. Yay! Saves me the trouble of having claustrophobia anxiety until then. Can use that energy to be anxious about other things. :blink:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Nyxie, semi-professional smartazz. At your service. ;)

Not Dr H. Got a fax from the office finally giving me the pre-cert number for the MRI (only took over a week). *grumblemutter* They did, however, write it on the page I faxed to them yesterday with a list of my recent symptoms. Guess that's my answer. :ph34r:

It's scheduled for this coming Monday. Guess I lucked out - they had an opening in the open MRI unit that afternoon. Yay! Saves me the trouble of having claustrophobia anxiety until then. Can use that energy to be anxious about other things. :blink:

Must mean your symptoms are normal herxing symptoms. :D I tell you, I am even getting nauseous on the Levaquin. Did you take your meds today? How's your tummy doing now?

I'm pulling out of this herx ... not out of it yet, but got a lot done today, so that shows improvement.

Nyxie63 Apprentice
Must mean your symptoms are normal herxing symptoms. :D I tell you, I am even getting nauseous on the Levaquin. Did you take your meds today? How's your tummy doing now?

I'm pulling out of this herx ... not out of it yet, but got a lot done today, so that shows improvement.

L just called. She wants me off everthing but the plaquenil and nystatin. She doesn't like the reactions I'm having to the meds. Switching my meds over to ceftin and zith. I'm supposed to skip today and tomorrow and start the new meds on Saturday.

Stomach's still oogy and head's a tad achy, but otherwise sort of ok.

Glad to hear the herx is passing. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Wow, she changed everything around! What about the Malarone? Maybe you just need to beat down the Lyme a little before you can handle treating coinfections .... the Levaquin in the beginning may have even been too much for me.

Nyxie63 Apprentice
Wow, she changed everything around! What about the Malarone? Maybe you just need to beat down the Lyme a little before you can handle treating coinfections .... the Levaquin in the beginning may have even been too much for me.

She's taking me off the Malarone too.

"Musical Meds" anyone?

This is wild tho. Never thought I'd have so many problems with medications. It ain't right, I tells ya!

confusedks Enthusiast

That's funny! I didn't even notice it! :rolleyes:

confusedks Enthusiast

Carla,

I think you sent your herx my way! Ahhh...take it back! I have too much going on this weekend to be herxing so badly. <_< I also started resveratrol and I think it's making me herx. Not to mention, I'm sleep deprived from having to wake up at 8 AM to get to stupid Quest labs again...for them to send me away AGAIN because they "didn't understand the Dr's orders!" I told them I did and I'd explain it, but nnoooo they don't believe me!

Ugh, sorry just a little ranting. Looks like I'm going to have to cancel one of the 100's of Seders I'm going to for Passover. :(

CarlaB Enthusiast

Ugh, still ongoing Quest problems?

Well, I'm not completely done with this herx, I can just faintly see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still feel pretty bad, but I did manage to get things done today.

Plus, I also have things to do this weekend! I'm going to Marco Island.

Weird that Passover comes so far after Easter, isn't it?

Guest tamedandfoxed

Donna,

YAY THATS AWESOME!!!! I had to let my holes close cuz of keloids that formed. :( i really misssss them! But i have lump things now scartissues in each and it's sad. but i'm glad you can wear them again!!

Paula,

I'm so sorry about the mold, that is terrible. Maybe there are special mold-killing machines??

Update:

Went to my acupuncturist this AM for a 5 second appt to get a remedy for this stupid infection i can't get rid of. dropped $40 bucks on stuff, so i hope it works! Then maybe i wont have to pay 80 for the naturopath! ugh. Going to keep my Gyno appt for next week jsut in case this stuff she gave me today doesn't work. i've got my fingers crossed though.

SO tired, not much sleep last night-- we had a party for my dad leaving a job of 32 years... in which I ATE OUT! at this fabulous restaurant in downtown Kalamazoo. If any of you are ever here go to Food Dance and they will give you WHATEVER you need. They're amazing. and it was delish. Only ill effects i think were from the alcohol i drank which i shouldn't have but i knew i'd pay for it so i'm okay with it. They have this amzing appetizer of flash fried, curry dusted chickpeas. to die for.

I have a job interview next week for part time work at a local theatre--which would hopefully mean LESS time at evil Panera-kill-me-Bread. Crossing my fingers!!

AndreaB Contributor

Kassandra,

Sorry about more headaches with Quest. They are unbelievable!

Hope your herx is short lived so you can enjoy your weekend.

Carla,

Glad to hear you're coming out of your herx. It is weird that Passover is so late this year, in relation to Easter.

miamia Rookie

andrea

I dont have the energy to catch up right now BUt I saw you were online and just wanted to send a hello your way!!!

miamia Rookie

I'll send a good night hug to becaus eI am taking my tired butt to bed

CarlaB Enthusiast

We had an earthquake this morning! :o:lol: It actually woke me up. I went downstairs ... it's not normal for us to have one so I wanted to be sure it was an earthquake and not something like the water heater exploding and rattling the whole house .... the kids didn't feel it but said the birds went crazy. It was a 5.2 centered in IL.

Archived