This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice

9:30 at NIGHT!? :o:lol: Wow! Holy heck...I'd be asleep by then. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
:lol: That's SO funny! I used to put things in my moms car...but then she'd make ME clean it, LOL! Then I stopped. ;)

That strategy worked for my kids, too. :D Of course, the only one who stashes oreos anywhere is Not Me. There's a person living in the house by that name .... odd that I've never seen him/her ....

I'm now rescheduled for 9:30 at night this Wednesday.

At least all the paperwork's done. :lol:

Grrr. I'd be ticked ....

How's the new med going?

When the PA started me back on Mino, she said to take it while I was in FL, she didn't want me to be off it. But when I talked to the doc about my respiratory infection, he said I needed to stop taking Mino in FL. So, I wasn't sure what to do! I know the PA was just worried about my symptoms being back, and the reason she had me start on Mino not doxy is because I'm in FL and Levaquin makes you sun sensitive, too. But I went with the doctor's opinion.

It's really pretty down here, and warm. I'm getting the last bit of sunshine for while because I'm starting on the doxy Thursday when I leave. I just had a hot stone massage .... it's supposed to help the detox pathways .... I haven't been able to figure out why. A weird thing about the massage .... all the stones were the same temperature, but when I placed them on my left hand and left foot, they felt way too hot, but my right hand and right foot, they felt great. My left knee is the one that always bothers me.

Adam bought be a pretty wide brimmed hat in honor of starting the doxy. :P

confusedks Enthusiast
He said he called the radiologist while I was in there (heckuva time to call). The radiologist said that in order to get a better look at what's going on in my head, they'd need me to go in the regular MRI. Apparently, white matter lesions from lyme don't just jump out at you.

Wait...what kind of MRI were you doing? Was it an open one?

mftnchn Explorer

Carla, I was fine on doxy for quite awhile re sun sensitivity...then one day was out in the sun a bit more and had THE WORST sunburn. After that it was hilarious, my big hat, long gloves, high necks, etc wherever I went. I was happy to put that away after the doxy was finished.

Sherry

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, I was fine on doxy for quite awhile re sun sensitivity...then one day was out in the sun a bit more and had THE WORST sunburn. After that it was hilarious, my big hat, long gloves, high necks, etc wherever I went. I was happy to put that away after the doxy was finished.

Sherry

Last time I took it, my hands got sunburned through the car window .... so I'll need the gloves from the start! I need to find a nice pair of summer gloves. :blink: I have the big hat ... actually, a couple more at home in addition to the one I bought here.

The PA wants me to take it for at least a month before we switch off it. If it were a different time of year, she'd keep me on it several months.

Honestly, I don't think it's a problem with not reaching the Lyme, I think the problem is I still have too much of the cystic form. I think that because of my reaction to the Tindamax. I think at some point I'll need to take that again.

Nyxie63 Apprentice
9:30 at NIGHT!? :o:lol: Wow! Holy heck...I'd be asleep by then. :P

LOL! 9:30 is actually ok for me. I usually don't crash until around 11. It's the afternoon appts that get me because I'm apparently needing 3 hours naps these days. Ugh!

Grrr. I'd be ticked ....

How's the new med going?

Adam bought be a pretty wide brimmed hat in honor of starting the doxy. :P

I'm just slightly miffed because I want to see the results... now! :D

The zith is going great! No side effects so far. *knock wood* My stomach's even behaving! Woah!

The stone massage sounds wonderful! Wild about the temp differences.

For summer-wight gloves, maybe check bridal salons. They usually have a decent selection in different colors and styles for bridesmaids.

Wait...what kind of MRI were you doing? Was it an open one?

Yeah, it was an open MRI. They're not as sensitive as the regular ones for brain stuff. Less definition/detail and all that.

I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about the one on Wed nite tho. They did run a couple of passes and I won't worry anymore about anything flying out of my body or my head exploding. :lol: :lol:

aprilh Apprentice

Rachel,

What is this DDPIV enzyme you wrote about earlier? I would love more info on this..

April

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

What is this DDPIV enzyme you wrote about earlier? I would love more info on this..

April

April....its dipeptyl peptidase (DPPIV)...the enzyme required for the digestion of gluten and casein.

Metalothionine, in addition to keeping out heavy metals, is responsible for increasing zinc and minimizing

copper absorption. Deficient metalothionine results in zinc deficiency that impairs pancreatic production of

zinc dependant digestive enzymes.

These enzymes are necessary for proper digestion and absorption ofnutrients and they now need to be replaced. Another intestinal enzyme, called DPP IV, is very severely damaged by mercury. This enzyme is the only enzyme capable of breaking down nutrients that contains the amino acid proline. When the proline bonds are not broken down in the intestine, the body absorbs incompletely digested peptides.

These peptides are called exorphines and they have the same effect on the brain as does morphine. In essence, the children are being constantly exposed to mind numbing drugs from their food. The vast majority of these exorphines come from dairy (milk

mftnchn Explorer

This may be more for celiac disease than gluten sensitivity, not sure. But I read that the problem isn't fully resolved with peptidase which is protein focused, that there is a carbohydrate portion of the gluten that is also troublesome and involves another enzyme.

Sherry

miamia Rookie

so quiet here--- a little bit eerie

Green12 Enthusiast

Hi guys, I've just been laying kind of low the last couple of days.

I don't have much to report....I'm kind of in a weird place right now, waiting for my LEAP test and ASI results to come back, seems they are taking forever <_<

I've pretty much worked everything in for my new protocol over the last 2 weeks, slowly and steadily. So far so good, haven't had a breakout this month (knock on wood) so maybe it is helping.

Hope everyone is well :)

Guest tamedandfoxed

wellllllllll i don't know how long i'll last with this new attempt... if people would keep sugar away from me it'd be GREAT. but right now my skin is itchy beyond belief. my carvings are pretty low at this point which is nice. but my skin is driving me nuts. it's so stupid. i know it's candida, but i need to keep being reminded of it at least once a week.. which involves sugar bingeing. sigh. *rolls eyes* I see the guy-nooooo dr tomorrow and i swear i will scream if she tries to suggest antibiotics for my vaginal infection. And i am prepared if she tries the whole "WELL this is one of those instances where it IS indicated" cards--cuz that's what the last Dr said, and after taking a crap-ton of amox, nothing changed. grrrrrrr.

But maybe the remedies i got from needle dr are helping? Huang Lian Jie Du Wan teapills and TerrainMax, female terrian--droplets, which contains all these "buds" and also "uterus"??? um.. okay. and sheep tissue eww.

okay random question time: So i know i'm not aposed to be having fruits anyway (DOES FROZEN COUNT???) but i indulge in a smoothie every few weeks. I put frozen strawberries, blue, or rasp frozen if i have them, one banana ( i know i know ) and some whey protein = vanilla is gross and tastes too much like stevia which i do not like. Berry is the absolute best but has i think 6 grams of sugar (will double check) but either way ARE BERRIES BAD in POWDER form too? The powder i shall use today is chocolate? (less than a gram of sugar, so hush) greens or something and has all these "buds" in it, but some of them are "barley buds" or "Kamut leaves" and i'm a little confused cuz it says it is gluten free. any ideas? is it just the grain itself that has gluten in it?

In other news: I've been reading the candida overgrowth thread-- there are lots of people there who could use our knowledge! I'm trying to recruit. hope thats okay.

xo

Rachel--24 Collaborator
This may be more for celiac disease than gluten sensitivity, not sure. But I read that the problem isn't fully resolved with peptidase which is protein focused, that there is a carbohydrate portion of the gluten that is also troublesome and involves another enzyme.

Sherry

I think that might be the xanthine oxidase enzyme which was mentioned in the second quote of my last post.

For example mercury has been found to strongly inhibit the activity of xanthine oxidase and dipeptyl peptidase (DPP IV) which are required in the digestion of the wheat protein gluten or the milk protein casein
elisabet Contributor

Dear Rachel,

You explaind that:DPPIV is required for digesting gluten and dairy....this enzyme is particularly sensitive to mercury and is inhibited/blocked in most kids who are on the spectrum.

I like to try this for my son but he is so very sensitive,I know now that Oxalate is an issue but he has problem with sulfate as well.

any idea?

thank you Elisabet

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Dear Rachel,

You explaind that:DPPIV is required for digesting gluten and dairy....this enzyme is particularly sensitive to mercury and is inhibited/blocked in most kids who are on the spectrum.

I like to try this for my son but he is so very sensitive,I know now that Oxalate is an issue but he has problem with sulfate as well.

any idea?

thank you Elisabet

Personally, I think its probably best to work on the underlying cause and keep him on the diet (gluten-free/cf) for now. I have all of the enzymes mentioned in my last post but I'm not able to indulge in all the foods without having problems.

For me the phenol problem is worse...so even if I'm digesting the gluten and dairy with the help of the enzymes...I still do not tolerate the phenols in these foods.

Another problem is that I dont tolerate Zyme Prime (for some reason). I do great with Peptizyde and No Fenol...but not Zyme Prime. I also did not test as well for that one...so its got something that my body doesnt like right now. <_<

I'm working on trying to improve the sulfate issue. I need nutritional support in the areas that are deficient...so thats why I had this recent bloodwork done. Hopefully if I can balance out some of the minerals there will be some improvement with enzyme function....as well as detoxification.

You can always try the enzymes and see if you notice any improvement. I think providing nutritional support (minerals) where he is deficient would be even more helpful.

Also, if your son has Celiac...these enzymes arent going to allow him to eat gluten again.

Alot of kids do benefit from the enzymes but I would read up on them first and then decide. If he's currently gluten-free/cf and still having alot of problems with foods and such....I think it would be best to not add these foods back in until you can get him in a better place. If hes not on the gluten-free/cf diet...you could just go ahead and try them to see if there is improvement.

At this point (if he were my son) I'd leave him on the diet if he's already on it.

confusedks Enthusiast

Question...

When you guys are feeling tired, etc. but have things you need to get done, do you just rest and not do the things? Or do you push through and do the things you need to do, and rest later?

I'm trying to force myself to do school work, because I MUST get it done, but I just can't seem to get out of bed. <_<

dlp252 Apprentice
Question...

When you guys are feeling tired, etc. but have things you need to get done, do you just rest and not do the things? Or do you push through and do the things you need to do, and rest later?

I'm trying to force myself to do school work, because I MUST get it done, but I just can't seem to get out of bed. <_<

It depends on what it is, lol. If it's housework, it can wait until h@LL freezes over, lol. I save my energy for the really important stuff. :P School work might fit into that category...I dunno. :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

For me, it just really depends.

If you are having a hard time focusing or just feel too wiped out, it might be better to put it aside and take a little nap. You might be better able to tackle it after getting some rest.

You will get it done but it might have to break it up into tasks, one task at a time with breaks in between. Also, don't beat yourself up if you need to take those breaks.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Well...sometimes I can put things off FOREVER if I'm not too fond of the task. :P

In those cases I think I tell myself sleep and rest are certainly more important than stuff like traveling 50 ft. to the mailbox. :ph34r:

If its something I REALLY want to do....I find that energy just "appears" out of nowhere. :D

Today I'm home sick with some throat cold...yup I actually caught a cold!! :o Its like my first one in more than a year I think. I kind of lost my voice...which might not be a bad thing for some of the people around me. :P

Anyways I HAD to go to the DMV to get my tags (a year later :ph34r: ) but if not for my friend basically telling me to get the heck out of bed and take care of this....no doubt I'd still be under the covers. Sometimes I just need a kick in the rear and now that chore is out of the way. :D My car finally has tags (good till next year), I no longer have to stress about getting pulled over all the time AND it only took me about 10 minutes to take care of it.

I feel alot better getting it out of the way. :)

Like Julie said...if you're really tired and unable to really focus on the schoolwork its probably better to listen to your body...get some rest first and then tackle the schoolwork when you're more alert.

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

I was wondering why you were posting at weird times today. Hope it doesn't turn into Donna's nightmare.

Glad you got the tags taken care of though.

I'm just reading along, not much going on. Expecting T home sometime this afternoon from Grandma's house. She spent 2 nights.....M had spent two nights up there before her.

confusedks Enthusiast

Thanks guys for your input. The problem is I'm never alert enough to do school work. :( Or the couple times I have been alert enough to do anything (in the past 6-8 months) I do it... But it's SO rare. Sigh.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Question...

I generally put rest as the priority.

As soon as you are feeling better, Kassandra, you will blow through all that school work. For the time being, getting enough rest, as much as your body tells you you need, is the most important thing. It could make treatment go faster, so you can get back to your life sooner. It's okay to push a little, but not too much and too often.

That cold must be going around all over the country. My ears are clogged, my throat hurts, and I have a real nasty cough. Doc said it sounds like an infection .... but my current drugs should take care of it. If it's not better by Thursday when I go home, I'll call him Fri. about rotating in something different for a few days.

I hope you feel better soon, Rachel, and congratulations on getting a cold! LOL

You wouldn't believe how tan I'm getting. B)

confusedks Enthusiast

I'm so jealous! LOL! My cousin saw me the other day, and she said "OMG, you are so pale!" Gee, thanks. :rolleyes: Ever since I got sick, I am not able to keep a tan...I used to be SO tan, just naturally. :huh:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I got the results of my bloodwork today.

So the only mineral that was elevated was copper. <_<

Everything else was going in the opposite direction but not all were deficient. Actually only one was severely deficient (in the red). That was selenium. :o

Not good. Selenium is probably the most important mineral for detoxing mercury....studies show that it binds with mercury. Its also used to make glutathione.

So yeah...I'm very deficient in the key mineral which protects the body from mercury toxicity. Thats great news! :rolleyes:

I need to bring the copper way down to the low side and I need the selenium to be in the normal range...somehow.

The next test I'll probably do is another hair analysis (this time doctors data) to see if my mineral transport is screwed up.

I wanna get back on DMPS for the copper....gotta see what Dr. S. thinks about that. I also gotta see what Amy recommends with these test results.

Selenium plays a huge role in detoxification....I had no idea I was so deficient! :(

Carla...I'm not really celebrating my cold. I'm wanting it to get lost....like NOW. :P

I got a party to go to this weekend...I even got a new dress......this cold is not invited!!

I think its because I was out late Friday night standing around in the freezing cold without enough clothes on. By the time I got inside the house I was feeling pretty numb from the cold.

Its a wake-up call....apparantly I'm not "invincible" when it comes to catching a cold. I was really starting to think I could fight off anything. :P

Green12 Enthusiast
That cold must be going around all over the country. My ears are clogged, my throat hurts, and I have a real nasty cough. Doc said it sounds like an infection .... but my current drugs should take care of it. If it's not better by Thursday when I go home, I'll call him Fri. about rotating in something different for a few days.

Sorry about your cold Carla, but it's a little hard to feel sorry for you being where you are :lol::P I am so jealous!!! Where are you in Mexico??

Hope all that sun takes your cold away :D

Excellent points about rest for Kassandra.

Archived