This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

aprilh Apprentice

Rachel,

How are you doing on the Zeolite?

April

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

I posted this info on the Lightworks thread at LN. I think you guys would find this interesting as well.

Pubmed study Open Original Shared Link

Parkinson's disease is a common progressive neurodegenerative disorder characterized by the degeneration of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra pars compacta.

Mitochondrial dysfunction has been strongly implicated in the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease. Thus, therapeutic approaches that improve mitochondrial function may prove to be beneficial.

Previously, we have documented that near-infrared light via light-emitting diode (LED) treatment was therapeutic to neurons functionally inactivated by tetrodotoxin, potassium cyanide (KCN), or methanol intoxication, and LED pretreatment rescued neurons from KCN-induced apoptotic cell death.

The current study tested our hypothesis that LED treatment can protect neurons from both rotenone- and MPP(+)-induced neurotoxicity. Primary cultures of postnatal rat striatal and cortical neurons served as models, and the optimal frequency of LED treatment per day was also determined.

Results indicated that LED treatments twice a day significantly increased cellular adenosine triphosphate content, decreased the number of neurons undergoing cell death, and significantly reduced the expressions of reactive oxygen species and reactive nitrogen species in rotenone- or MPP(+)-exposed neurons as compared with untreated ones.

These results strongly suggest that LED treatment may be therapeutic to neurons damaged by neurotoxins linked to Parkinson's disease by energizing the cells and increasing their viability.

The study mentions Parkinson's specifically .... but in the context of neurotoxins. Since Lyme has neurotoxin involvement, I thought it was relevant.

posted 01 August, 2008 11:25 AM

From the 2005 Lyme Disease conference (article on the conference). Open Original Shared Link

Fatigue is the most common symptom of all those diseases because the pathogenic intracellular bacteria attack the mitochondria or battery of the cell.

Lipids are the insulation for these mitochondria, and when the lipid membranes are stripped off, this depletes the energy and this is why fatigue is the most common complaint.

One of the keys to improvement then would be to somehow restore the mitochondria of the cell in order to restore energy.

mftnchn Explorer

The zeolite didn't test at all well for me this week in ART. So, I can't help out Lisa, LOL.

Parasites really showed up though this time, and lyme didn't show, babesia was much better. The Enula is working very very well for me.

I am also on several Gemmobase things--these are the plant stem cell/plant embryo products. Katy, that's the product referred to in the material your friend was going to translate. I'm on the fig--a huge list of things it helps with in the digestion/organs. Also on Tonigem for rebuilding my body/stamina, and wayfaring tree for my dupuytrens contracture which has apparently reversed contractures in people. I have use it 6 months to see. The Tonigem and Wayfaring Tree will take quite a while to show impact, Dr. E. said.

I'll pick up the DMPS this afternoon, I'm to give it IM every 1-2 weeks. I need to figure out a good regimen for it, any ideas out there?

Sherry

dlp252 Apprentice
Andrea, I'm not sure that Scott is actually doing this anymore. He's pretty busy with alot of things. If Donna is still seeing him then I guess that he's still testing people. I was under the impression that Donna hasnt seem him in a long time.

It cant hurt to ask....but as far as I know he's not doing this on a regular basis right now. In the beginning I think he was just trying to get some experience/practice. He's not a practitioner...yet.

Yeah, I haven't seen him in over a year for ART. I think June of last year was the last time I saw him for that. I saw him plenty of times in the waiting room though, lol. Emailing him is a pretty good idea.

Everyone,

Well just got back a while ago from my post-op appointment. The doc says everything looks good but he wants me to continue to rest and elevate for at least two more weeks. I can't wear a regular shoe yet, so that means I can't drive either. (I went out to start my car this morning and couldn't feel the pedals, so yeah, no driving with this thing on, and he's worried that if I have to slam on the brakes I'll injure my foot.) Basically, he wants me to continue what I've been doing. I've got a lovely picture of my xray...there are three pins...two in one cut and one in the other cut in the bone. The good news is that on Monday I can actually put my foot in the shower, lol. I've been sitting on a bench with a hand-held showerhead with my right foot propped up on the side of the tub with the shower curtain wrapped around it so it doesn't get wet. It will be heaven to actually get my foot wet! :lol: I'll have to rebandage it after the shower though.

confused Community Regular

Donna,

Glad to hear the update. YOu better do what the dr said for the nest 2 week. Have u heard back about the ampulla yet?

Everyone,

I guess the chips is was doing me in. I have given them up for 2 days and i feel good again. Im trying to stick to basic foods and im doing much better. I am having an yeast infection going on from giving up the moldy foods tho and that is drving me nuts. But im feeling so much better in the energy department

paula

AndreaB Contributor

Thanks for the update Donna. Sounds good!

Paula,

Sorry about the chips and the yeasties. Hope the yeasties calm down soon.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hey peeps....where has Julie been?? :unsure:

Theres alot of stuff I want to reply to...AND...after a loooooong wait...I got my OAT results today!!! :D

I'll be posting about that later. ;)

Another board member that I've been corresponding with also ordered the OAT and he got his results today as well (even though mine was already completed and sent way earlier :rolleyes: ). Anyways, he sent me his results.....sooo much info. came back for him!! I'm excited that he has all of this to work with....since previously he had no answers at all.

This is a really informative test. I would highly recommend it.

I didnt have as much info. as he did....but I've also been controlling alot of things with diet for a long time now. Still....there was some important things showing up for me. I'm definately glad I took the test....because as most of you know....hardly anything shows up for me!! :huh:

This is good....and its something I can go over with the new Dr. on Wednesday. :)

I'll get back to that later because I have some other stuff I wanna find out about right now....

Who knows anything about Gastric Bypass Surgery??

I know there are some threads about it and I'm gonna look those up....but does anyone here know anyone who's done it?? Anyone familar with this at all? Opinions?

and NO....this is not for me. I'm still praying for 10 more pounds (and lots of Big Macs). :P

I think most of us are dealing with weight issues....one way or the other. Would anyone who's having trouble losing weight consider GBS??

My friend wants to do it. I'm scared. :(

I just wanna get informed...I'm gonna be an expert on GBS in a couple days. ;) Me and Google will be very busy.

I wanna be supportive but I cant help but worry about it. :(

She's beautiful (as is)....but she believes that this will allow her to be more comfortable with herself...less self conscious.

Its kind of like how alot of us refrain from doing the things we'd really like to do...because we're worrried about reacting, or feeling sick, or getting "perfumed" (ok maybe thats just me :P )...or just not "fitting in" because we cant participate like everyone else does. I think thats how she feels...like her weight gets in the way...and she refrains from doing things she'd probably do if she was thin. She worries about what people think of her.

She wasnt always overweight...she was thin before....but still not comfortable with her body. I know for me...I was only uncomfortable with my body when I got sick and lost too much weight....before that I never thought about these things.

Personally, I think alot of this comes from within. If thats the case I dont know if losing weight can really change that?? I'm sure it would help to some degree...but I think you have to feel good about yourself regardless. She's healthy.....why risk that?? Thats what I'm worried about....the risks.

Of course it could turn out GREAT...and shes happy with NO regrets. If that were the outcome I'd be WAY relieved and WAY happy for her. But right now...I dunno...there's no guarantee.

Like I said...she looks great now. Yeah....she's not thin....but SO WHAT??

I cant be unsupportive...its her decision and if this is what she really wants I'm not gonna judge her for it. Not that I could change her mind anyway....she's a stubborn one. :rolleyes:

Is this a really common thing nowadays? She said its alot safer now than it used to be...and she said its all done laproscopicly (I think thats the word). What do you guys think?

I'll probably post a seperate thread but it sucks that its the weekend. I doubt alot of people will be reading/posting...especially in Gab/Chat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mftnchn Explorer
A Donna sighting! :D How's the foot?

Who all is on a low grain / low sugar diet. I know it doesn't have to be a candida diet.....but what do you eat? I really need to figure out if we can afford to eat any healthier. The kids love fruit, but not so many veggies....and they are grain lovers.

I was raised on the typical cereal/toast for breakfast (when I ate it) and sandwich for lunch. The kids have cereal for breakfast and bread for lunch, plus most times rice or rice pasta for dinner along with meat and veggies.

I am still experimenting, and I can't tell you expense wise--seems like more, but then I am eating simpler too so maybe not. I'm trying to make a chicken, carrot, ginger soup by cooking and then blending everything. I had one of the the Pacific's soups that was so good. I love soup for lunch and if they would eat raw veggies with dip you could come up with some good dips.

I also saw a recipe for making crisps from slices of squash that looked interesting.

I have seen some recipes for wraps made with egg, like one made with half an avocado and an egg, beaten together and cooked like a pancake. I haven't tried that yet.

Sherry

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

My mil had the rubber band thing done and the stomach stapling more recently. She had lost a lot of weight with the band and I don't remember why she did the stapling. None of us kids were happy with her choice for going though this.

Any of these types of proceedures CAN have problems. I'm not sure what the GBS is though, or if it's the same type of thing. I know that the mortality rate can be high, but I don't know the specifics on if certain classes of people are at risk.

My mil is 71 and she came through ok.

Sherry,

The kids love the pacific vegetable broth.

Lan Rookie
Gastric Bypass Surgery

I know that my good friend, one of the best surgeons in the Philippines, refuses to do Gastric Bypass Surgery. He could make a lot of money if he would change his mind, but he is one of those doctors that cares about his patients. He says that people lose weight because they are starving to death and end up with worse problems than if they did nothing.

This doctor is recommending Raw Food (Living Food?).

Before we discovered my Celiac last year, I was at 202 Kg - that is 444 pounds and he recommended against Gastric Bypass Surgery!

I wonder Rachel, how are you doing today. I got here via your original post and looking for something about Dill Pickles.

I am reacting to so many things that my doctor had actually told me, "If it tastes good, don't eat it!" I wish that was a joke - it would be funny.

Dill Pickles is the last processed food I have, but I may be reacting to the distilled vinegar.

Being in the Philippines it is much harder. I react badly to both gluten and corn, my wife will not allow any gluten in the house and when we go to the mall she plots a course to avoid the open air bakeries. A couple mins by one of them and I react - likewise if she eats bread, just a passionate kiss from my wife is enough to cause a reaction.

Corn is almost as bad and likewise milk. My diabetes will not allow me to consume rice or most root crops (Casava - the main ingredient in tapioca, will send me to the hospital!) For some reason I can tolerate a little bit if Camote - a local sweet potato. I save it for my Sunday dinner with some raw fish "cooked" in a raw vinegar and coconut milk.

It is really hard to live on only raw food, fruit and veggies (no bananas or jackfruit).

I just wanted to say thanks. Your posts are an inspiration to me.

God Bless You,

Lan

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, I know someone who had that surgery done. She has lost a lot of weight from it, and she is still not thin. When she told me what she could and could not eat, I thought, why not just go on the diet without the surgery? She didn't have the gastric bypass ... she had the lap band.

miamia Rookie

I have finally caught up....

Rachel-

I can't wait to hear about your results

Andrea-

Great news on T

Donna-

I hope your being good and staying on your butt

Carla-

thats pretty exciting that you might go to Germany!!!

Where is JULIE?

Kassandra-

what did you decide to do about the lme meds?

dlp252 Apprentice
Have u heard back about the ampulla yet?

Nope, not yet. I may call on Monday or Tuesday and see if the results are in.

Hey peeps....where has Julie been?? :unsure:

I got an email from her yesterday. I think she's feeling okay just not posting much.

This is good....and its something I can go over with the new Dr. on Wednesday. :)

Yeah, get him really familiar with the test so that by the time I get around to seeing him he'll know all about it! :lol:

I know there are some threads about it and I'm gonna look those up....but does anyone here know anyone who's done it?? Anyone familar with this at all? Opinions?

One of my co-workers was going to have this done. I don't know much about it, but she told me a little bit about it. It sounds very complicated and it has a fairly high risk factor I think. SHe was extremely overweight though, and no matter what diet she went on she couldn't lose weight. She had joint pain so badly that she had to use a cane to walk, and the weight was a contributing factor. I don't know what happened though because she got laid off, then found out she had cancer so had to have surgery and treatment for that, so I think the GBS got put off. I do think she is still planning to have it though. I'm sure your friend knows about all the risks, so being supportive and understanding is probably all you can do...it IS a serious surgery though. Another man in our choir was going to have it to, but I think he finally decided against it.

I've seen some health shows on TV about this too...some of the people have had life changing (positive) experiences with it. Some have eventually gained most of the weight back.

I'm not Rachel, but just wanted to welcome you to our little thread! :)

I hope your being good and staying on your butt

Yep, and I've got the numb butt to prove it! :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Kassandra was high in EMF's and will be away from the computer for a while. :o

She texted me last night (yes, she's supposed to be staying away from cell phones too, LOL) and said she was starting on Malarone. That's all I know. :)

mftnchn Explorer

Carla, thanks for the info on the light, I am very interested. Can't afford it right now, but please keep me updated on yours and other's progress with it. Myabe I can run it by my LLMD next winter.

Welcome, Lan.

Rachel I haven't known anyone who has done that surgery. I'd be concerned to, but also understand the frustration with weight. I'd talk with them about what they have done to see if something is inbalanced in their system. I have lost so much weight after going gluten-free and soy free, although not the amount these folk are talking about. Anyway, I am convinced that my weight gain was a metabolic issue. i was thin when I was young too.

Sherry

aprilh Apprentice

Personally, If I was overweight and searching those options out, I would opt for the lapband. It's less invasive more reversible.

I have had friends that have done both. The person that did gastric ended up gaining weight back, but not all of it. She had lots of reflux - and even threw up if she ate too much.

The other friend that did Lapband lost 85 pounds so far over about a year. She lost weight a little bit slower than the gastric person because you can control how much the inflate the band around your stomach. You go every few months for a "fill" where they inject the saline solution into the band and it inflates it just a little bit more to make you feel full faster. The injection is done with a needle through the skin.

The problems with both options (that I see) is that usually the person had food addictions resulting in overeating problems. The addictions sort of "transferred" themselves in both cases. So, its sort of like trading one addiction for another. The "mindset" is still there.

Its kind of like all the things that we talk about on here - about getting to the "root" of the problem.

I could see if I was overweight and wanted a quick fix like that - although very invasive and painful. But, I think I would first search out other options. Such as hiring a personal trainer. That will MAKE you be there to work out and train you to lift weights which builds muscle which increases matabolism which burns fat longer each day.

That environmental doc that I went to said that some people who have a real hard time losing weight usually have toxicity which messes up the endocrine system. That is something to look into.

Also, went I went gluten and dairy free and worked on my yeast issues - I lost 20 pounds in like 2 months. Something else to think about.

Its great that you are helping research this for your friend.

Carla.

What is emf, i guess i could google it, but its easier to just ask lol.

Rachel,

I have an friend that is going to do bypass surgery, then she found she was pg and on hold again. I personally would not do it. I think there are way too many risk from it

Im waiting patiently to see your oat results.

paula

jerseyangel Proficient

Rachel--

A friend of our family (about my age) had gastric bypass a couple years ago. She was quite overweight, but the reason she had the surgery was that she had an eye condition that required surgery and her doctor would not do that surgery unless she lost a lot of weight. I believe it had to do with pressure inside the eye.

Anyway, she did very well. Lost a great deal of weight that she keeps off to this day. She was at Thanksgiving dinner with us last year, and ate pretty normally and sensibliy. She looks fantastic and 10 years younger.

I guess it's different for everyone, but for her it was definately worth it.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I know that my good friend, one of the best surgeons in the Philippines, refuses to do Gastric Bypass Surgery. He could make a lot of money if he would change his mind, but he is one of those doctors that cares about his patients. He says that people lose weight because they are starving to death and end up with worse problems than if they did nothing.

Lan,

This is definately my main concern....trading the weight for problems that would have never occured otherwise. My friend said that after the procedure you *must* take vitamins for life to replace nutrition that is lost as a result of consuming less food.

To me that is saying that having GBS means that your body can no longer assimilate the necessary nutrients on its own. Every one of us knows the complications that come from that alone! I dont know that supplements are going to make up for the loss of essential nutrients coming from a healthy diet.

Its nice that your friend is more concerned about health risks and less concerned about financial gain. :)

I'm sure that the surgeons who DO perform GBS dont have a 100% success rate. I'm sure that they're aware that some of their patients will not have the desired results and may suffer complications...yet they still perform the surgery. I know this is the same for alot of different types of surgery (there are always risks)...but having spent the past 6 years dealing with GI issues...its not easy for me to comprehend intentionally altering a magor GI organ/function when its not entirely necessary.

Before we discovered my Celiac last year, I was at 202 Kg - that is 444 pounds and he recommended against Gastric Bypass Surgery!

Were you wanting to have the surgery at that time? Are you glad that he recommended against it?

I wonder Rachel, how are you doing today. I got here via your original post and looking for something about Dill Pickles.

Dill Pickles is the last processed food I have, but I may be reacting to the distilled vinegar.

Dill pickles.... :lol: .....people have come across this thread alot of different ways but I think dill pickles must be a first! :P

I dont recall talking about pickles but I do react them...I havent had a pickle in a LONG time now. :(

As far as how I'm doing...I've come a long way since my original post. YAY! :)

I'm doing MUCH better and although I'm still confused at times...I have a much better understanding of my health issues than I did back then.

I still react to all of the foods but I've since learned the reasons for that and I've been able to "control" symptoms for the most part with diet restrictions. In my opinion this is by no means an "answer"....I'm simply "managing" my symptoms this way. Most of this thread has been about getting to the *root* of the problem...and thats what I've been working on. Basically I'm toxic...and the food intolerances are stemming from that.

I have a very overwhelmed system...unbalanced GI flora (dysbiosis), some heavy metal issues, infections, leaky gut, lots of nutritional deficiencies, impaired detoxification, enzyme deficiencies, etc. So everything's pretty out of wack....to say the least.

God Bless You,

Lan

Thanks Lan. :)

Welcome to our "not so little" thread. :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator
What is emf, i guess i could google it, but its easier to just ask lol.

EMF= Electro Magentic Field

This can be a major stressor. I'm assuming that Kassandra was tested and its a problem for her??

I've been tested for this and had some signs of stress but not severe. The Dr. gave me a device to bring home which tests the levels of EMF wherever you point the device. He was mainly wanting me to test the area around my bed because this is where we can get alot of EMF exposure.

When I told him that I slept with an electric blanket every night he quickly took the device back....he said it was a huge source of EMF and there was no need to even test it.

So I cant use my toasty blanket anymore. :(

I talked to Amy about it before. She said its a big problem....definately playing a role in some of the autistic kids she's treating. Some have to be holding onto some type of electronic device (or be near one) at all times or they have a major meltdown...others will totally go crazy when close to a cell phone tower.

She told me to not have my legs/body directly in front of the computer tower...to try to sit as far as away as possible. I think laptops are more of a problem if you have it on your body.

I think metals in the body are definately part of the problem.

Those wireless 800 MHZ phones are suppossed to be really bad....worse then cellphones. I had one right next to my bed (on my nightstand). Last year I unplugged it...I dont need it anway. If you have one...dont have it near your bed. You can be constantly exposed to emf's while you sleep.....you're surrounded by the electromagnetic field...its not good.

Ca just initiated the "hands free" law....no holding cell phones while driving. I wasnt wanting to buy a bluetooth because I was worried about EMF....sure enough when I tried it I felt the pressure in my head. I brought it back and got the headphone ear piece kind instead. Its not wireless but it was way cheaper and it doesnt make my head feel like its gonna explode. It also works better in my opinion. :)

elisabet Contributor

Hi Rachel,

I wonder if you got your OATS results?

Elisabet

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Catching up before I post my OAT results....

Rachel,

Would you email me that article as well? I could not pm you because your mailbox is full.

April

April, could you send me your email? Its a document so I cant pm it. I cleared my mailbox. :)

It's a similar light ... mine is 880 nm and 660 nm .... I think some of them being studied have three wavelengths. Here's a link to a site that sells my light .... Open Original Shared Link It's cheaper here than where I purchased mine.

Mine has the Nogier frequencies ... the Bionic 880 has different frequencies and is stronger (higher wattage).

I think you'd like it. :) Be careful and don't Rachel it!

Carla...what makes you think I'd Rachel it?? :lol:

OMG...yeah...I know I would love this. I have to get it. :D

I have to wait until after my appt. with Dr. P. this week....then I'll see if I can manage it. :)

Can you give me some basic instructions on how to use it? When I had LED they would focus the laser on the toxic foci areas....is it basically the same thing? You dont need vials or anything? They used vials in LED.

What do you all think? Would you do the Germany thing or stick with the Lightworks? The biggest sacrifice of going to Germany is the time away ... three weeks ... I have a "sponsor" LOL.

Are more people going? Unless money is not an issue I'd wait until there are more reports coming in. If money is not a factor I'd do it. Germany looks pretty beautiful. Its not snowing yet. :D

Rachel, I have thought of you about whether or not the Gemmobase treatments could be helpful. These are the plant stem cell/plant embryo extracts which are supposed to be really good. I'm just starting three.

Sherry, I didnt get an update. :(

Thanks sherry, I checked out the link. Unfortunately, these are all plant based...which means I cant tolerate them. These are the types of treatments that my body just doesnt do well with...nothing herbal or plant based tests well for me because of the phenol/salicylate issue. I just end up feeling more toxic and my body gets very stressed.

Rachel,

How are you doing on the Zeolite?

I finished the Zeolite. I think it was helping me alot with some of the food chemicals. I read that it removes certain toxic amines. I was handling foods much better while on the Zeolite! It wasnt apparant to me until I ran out though. It could be a coincidence in that my bucket started overflowing at the same time I was no longer using Zeolite....so I cant be 100% sure about it.

I havent purchased more because of my upcoming Dr. visit. After that I'll figure out which things I wanna try or continue with. Unfortunately, I cant do everything. Too bad its so expensive!

I'll pick up the DMPS this afternoon, I'm to give it IM every 1-2 weeks. I need to figure out a good regimen for it, any ideas out there?

I'm assuming you tested well for DMPS? I think this method of administration might be more effective than what you've done in the past. I know Dr. K. uses it this way and people can excrete large amounts of mercury when its injected where the body is storing the mercury.

Donna, it sounds like you're doing well with the healing. You'll be behind the wheel in no time. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi Rachel,

I wonder if you got your OATS results?

Elisabet

Hi Elisabet. :)

I got them back yesterday. I'll be posting the results as soon as I get caught up with the thread. :)

Its a really good test. Another board member also did the OAT and got alot of info. back from it.

If you have a Dr. who can follow up I would recommend this test for your son. It can provide alot of detail as to where he may be having some issues.

They test specific metabolites found in urine. Any abnormalities are interpreted with the results. These are the areas included in the test.

Yeast/fungal

Bacterial

Oxalate

Glycolosis

Krebs Cycle

Neurotransmitters

Pyrimidines

Fatty Acid Metabolites

Toxic Indicators

Vitamin Indicators

Amino Acid metabolites

and then there are some miscellaneous metabolites.

A total of 65 metabolites tested.

Rachel,

Are you going to really make me crazy by not postingur results. I keep checking every 30 minutes lmao. Im just kidding, take ur time in posting them, you know im a very patient person lol

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Everyone,

I need to go back and catch up on the reading again. Our power went out again this morning. :rolleyes:

This happens all of the time, even if it is not raining or anything! There probably are too many people on the same transformer. I am going to have to go back and find where I was.

Meanwhile, I met someone recently who is divorcing and will need a roomie. If I can find a way to make income, we can share expenses. This person also found an LLMD that is much less expensive for me to check out.

I will let you know if any of this works out. Keep your fingers crossed! The nanny position would not work out due to my cousin and his wife not being able to afford it. :(

Sincerely,

Jin

Archived