This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

aprilh Apprentice

Andrea,

I feel your pain with the ice cream. Its all I can do not to buy a pint when I'm at the store. Then, if I do, I am mad at myself!

My back and neck have been hurting so bad the last 2 days. My chiropractor was out of town so I got a 30 minute massage. It helped for a while, then it came back. I don't know what is going on.

Could it be the cupping I had on Monday with the acupuncturist? Could it have stirred up lots of stuff in there?

The other thing thats wierd lately is that when I go to bed I night I am freezing! I cover up with 2 blankets. Then in the middle of the night I wake up hot and go back to "normal" covers.

I am usually colder than most people, but this is colder than usual.

Whats going on with me I wonder?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aprilh Apprentice

What do you guys think the best way to test for parasites? Keep in mind ART is not near me.

Kassandra seems to have good luck with NAET.

I don't know what to pursue next. All I know is my gut was better and now its getting worse.........

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi Rachel

Would you please tell me about your neurotransmitter's value in OAT.

We did a urine test by usbiotek.We did it since 3 years ago.My son's neurotransmitters are really changing.

Thanks Elisabet

Elisabet,

I'm sure the ranges/values are totally different since its a different test and done by a different lab.

The nuerotransmitter part of my OAT results were all within normal range. Also, these are metabolites so it may be different from the neurotransmitter test your son had...I'm not sure on that.

These were my results:

HVA (ref range 0.0 - 3.5) my result - 1.20

VMA (ref range 0.0 - 3.5) my result - 3.38 (this one was close)

5-hydroxyindoleacetic (ref range 0.0 - 20.0) my result - 0.24 (this is also close)

The majority of my OAT results were within range (including bacteria and yeast).

The parts that were out of range were related to vitamin deficiencies, defective B12 transport, and impaired detoxification (glutathione deficiency).

Nanjkay Apprentice
I'm thinking this is probably right. :P

I think it's Chronic Fatique Syndrome

Yes, sorry, it is short for Chronic Fatigue syndrome!

Nanjkay Apprentice
Carla,

A whole week to eat a pint! WoW what control you have!

I could eat a pint in one night. Two nights if I Really force myself!

Yeah....i have not a drop of control with Chocolate ice cream - and it has to be chocolate. OR vanilla with Chocolate syrup.

Me too! I just ate a pint of Sharon's chocolate sorbet...OMG - so good. When I make a batch of Trader Joe's gluten free brownies I finish it in 2 days, so I don't make it any more. :huh:

Nancy

Nanjkay Apprentice
Yeah....I'm sure we've all had some encounters with a Dr. Setback....or two....or three... :rolleyes:

I have some other names in mind to call "Dr. Setback", but those words are not fit for public viewing!! :angry:

Nancy

Nanjkay Apprentice
About the cytokines, we have run across them while reading about thyroid issues.

They are caused by infections and autoimmune sicknesses etc. Thyroid-wise, they may down-regulate conversion of the prohormone t4 to the active t3, but they day it is the antibodies that cause all the wierd hypo symptoms despite of thyroid numbers being okay. I think it is both.

I take ldn still and it takes care of the antibodies, and I would not be surprised if it turns out it lowers cytokines. Anyway, the thyroid hormones work better on ldn because of lower antibodies and maybe cytokines too.

I do not remember if the cytokines also are responsible for the low TSH while medicated with thyroxine so that a lot of patients are under-medicated because of that, as long as they only go by TSH. Antibodies are known to do that.

In hepatitis C treatment, it is well known that patients feel awful while they are on interferon. This is because this is the same thing ad the thyroid antibodies, just i little bit different. Yet doctors do not ddraw the connection and admit that we thyroid patients can feel awful just because of the antibodies (and cytokines) but they look more and more just at the TSH and the rest of the symptoms are in our head.....

I have been at meetings with thyroid patients and many say they feel much better without eating any white stuff, namely sugar , milk and flour. Gluten is also known to trigger thyroid antibodies.

I might have some links somewhere.

This is great info!!! It is exactly what i am dealing with now and what is stumping my doctors.

Let me know what links you have, I would love to see them. I am hypo, but have Graves, can't take my medicine and do have that interferon feeling in my head half of the time. <_<

What is LDN?

Nancy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nanjkay Apprentice
He has me taking 250mg twice a day. And told me to increase it if necessary.

Birdy

I take quercetin before every meal with bromelain and I think I do take more than 250 mg. each time.

Nancy

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Nancy,

Dr. S told me to take it on an empty stomach. Any ideas why? I'm going to definitely start researching this. :)

Also, I'm going to start on those peptide allergy shots again. They held me at a semi-stable point post-steroids and pre-lyme treatment. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle with these allergies. I need some relief, and don't want to feel trapped anymore by all the reactions. My bucket is FULL! Darn you toxins! FULL!! :rolleyes:

Birdy

AndreaB Contributor

April,

I don't have a clue as to why you are colder. Have you had a temparature change in weather lately? Although it's probably health related, if it's cooled down a bit it could be trying to adjust to the temp change.

nora-n Rookie

About thyroid and cytokines, in autoimmune thyroid disease (hashimoto's and graves) often patients do not feel well even though the TSH and ft4 and ft3 are within ranges when treated.

One thing is that about one-third of the patients get very low TSH when the ft4 and ft3 are right for them, so doctors tend to under-treat them to get the TSH within range.

My ft4 and ft3 are at the bottom of the range, or below when my TSH is in range. But on LDN my free's are just below midrange when TSH is in range. Elaine Moore has taken LDN herself for that reason, and is writing a book all about thyroid and LDN. (Low dose naltrexone, google it). The theory is that the LDN normalized the immune system so one can fight infectinons and decreases autoimmunity. In my case the theory is that antibodies went down, including the blocking antibodies that never showed up on tests, the alternative theory is that cytokines went down because of the LDN so cells are no longer blocked and can use the thyroid hormones better, and the TSH is no longer suppressed because of cytokines.

We just do not know if it was the cytokines or the antibodies, maybe Elaine who works in a lab can come up with an answer. She tends to think it is the antibodies.

The website for thyroid and LDN is www.ahsta.com and it is quite new, so not so much info there yet.

There are severla other LDN websites.

Carla, the fact that you need t3 means probably that you do not convert t4 to t3 enough so you might have a cytokine or autoimmune thing going on that lowers conversion.

On the forums, most people need a TSH close to 1, but about a third will get the TSH down to 0,02 or so when teh ft4 and ft3 are right. Normally they just say on the forums that when treated, ft4 and ft3 correlate more with how you feel, and that they most often should be about two-thirds up. Some need them just above range, and some can have ft4 in teh bottom half as long as the ft3 is high. (those can take straight Armour Thyroid without any added t4). But many are just fine when teh TSH is close to 1.

As I explained before, my TSH always went down to 0,2 when my free's went close to mid-range but on LDN my TSH went up to 0,8 on a smaller dose and I function again, much of the brain fog is gone. I had about three layers of the fog, one is thyroid-wise (the kind that t3 helps for). another is gluten-wise, which makes my head just about comatose and one is antibody-wise or something like that. That is what it feels like.

I buy LDN on the internet but is is quite cheap from the doctor too. It shoudl help fight infections too and it lowers antibodies and probably cytokines too.

On teh LDN forums, many have MS and they think that about 85% get significantly better on LDN, and that the rest just are misdiagnosed and have Lyme. They keep posting about LLMD's fr that reason. The people that are midiagnosed and really have Lyme, leave the LDN forums but the MS people theorize that LDN should still help the Lyme patients alongside with Lyme treatment. (LDN is very cheap, by the way)

I tried to take my LDN every other day for a week or so during the summer but my brain fog came back so I am back on LDN every day, but sometimes I just take it 6 days a week but tha twas because I did not have so many doses. Now I have gotten 60 Revia (Nodict) tablets off the internet very cheap and that lasts for more than two years on 3 mg.

About the Lyrica, I think I read on the same ldn yahoo group I think that it is just a form of GABA that they could patent and that some people prefer to take the original stuff. And, there is even a clinical trial going on with fibromyalgia and LDN.

A lot of people have had good results with fibromyalgia and LDN.

If your TSH is about 1,8? then you might be under-treated still, especially if you are taking a cytomel and thyroxine combo which typically lowers TSH to 0,0-something on the right dose. Under-treatment thyroid-wise typically makes fibromyalgia worse. It is best to just dose by the ft4 and ft3 and get them into the top third of the range, and the exact number is individual. But, on LDN I do not need my ft4 and ft3 so high up, for the reasons I explained above....therefore, it si posssible to go hyper on LDN because suddenly the thyroid meds work better. So it is not a good idea to first increase the thyroid meds and then start LDN I think.

Graves: LDN is especially good for graves since this is caused by TRAB antibodies and LDN takes them away. Even patients with Thyroid Eye disease finally get better because of LDN.

About bacteriae and thyroid disease: it is known that thyroid dsease occurs in family clusters and there are some projects out there to investigate wether those families have problems with not being able to fight those bacteriae. I have read a notice that scientists found a gene that causes Mb. Crohns patients not being able to rid the cells from intracellular bacteriae. same thing coud be the real cause behind thyroooid disease and other autoimmune illnesses. Maybe.

Like that most people can handle lyme and the co-infections, but some cannot handle it , especially because of some stress factors. I think I did not bookmark that one so I can find it...might be int e old bookmarks Isaved somewhere. Now I use google bookmarks but I have managed to have two somehow, one with the old ones and one with the new ones....I do not even know if I want to merge them. (with and add-in in firefox one can get the google bookmarrks down again, otherwise one just can upload them) A lot of things happen if one has a couple of old computers and then one gets a new one....what about all the old emails stored in Outlook, I archived them but I have not wanted to put them in the new machine as I use mindows mail instead and if i would have put them into outlook (one must surf to them from outlook, not just put them into the folder where the mail is, or it will not work....and I really want to have m emails sotred in some format other progams can use...anyway outlook gets huge when all the old emails are in it. Google gmail is a bit better since it does not clog up the machine...) now I went a bit off topic but I wanted to explain the links problem.

I am not trying to be coherent, I am just throwing in some bits an pieces for you to sort out...

nora

CarlaB Enthusiast

My T3 is in the low normal range, my T4 is in the normal range, and my TSH is 1.8, so the increased the Cytomel. I am on low dose of all the thyroid meds. For some reason my doctor didn't have my most recent thyroid tests .... I think the lab must not have sent it to him yet. I may call on Monday.

Thank you for posting all that, it's very interesting.

My fibro pain is relatively new. It clearly started with the Zithromax, or when I took Transfer Factor. I was taking Zith, Sun-Tues, so I haven't missed a dose yet. As usual, by Sat I'm feeling pretty good. I'm glad I don't have to ruin this with the Zith tomorrow. :)

nora-n Rookie

All that thyroid and antibody sstuff, it is what I myelsf experienced and have learnt on the thyroid forums over some years.

Several posters posted that tehy finally got better thyroid.wise after going gluten-free. About a year or so later I tried gluten-free too but tha was after I deterioated health-wise.

A lot of brain fog and fatigue went away on low-carb and gluten-free. Carbs really feed infflammation and bacteriae. And the zone diet book also explains why. Women eat a lot more carbs than the normal male, so we are probably more prone to autoimmune illnesses because of that i think.

I sometimes count carbs and proteins (fats do not count here, nor calories) and even if I try to eat much proteins it barely makes 60% of the carbs. The zone is 100-60% of the carbs. Now many women I know eat sandwiches for breakfast and lunch and late evening meal and if you eat fruit on top of that one has way too many carbs for a day and so one cannot fight lyme or other infections....the receptors also get clogged.

Same thing is described in the pdf that was posted.

And I think it would be wise to take enough vitamin D too, and eat in the zone. Eat protein snacks and little fruit and no bread or just a slice of gluten-free bread a day.

I ate a whole bar of dark chocolate during the eclipse of the moon tonight (I was driving the whole way) but I forgot to note the amount of carbs. It was 70% chocolate. But things like that add up in the total carbs count of the day.

I think I have fobromyalgia too, and I had kept it at bay with just the right dose of thyroid meds for years and some amitriptylin and enough sleep, but when the doctor lowered my dose of thyroid meds (because of my persistently low tsh DESPITE OF MID-RANGE FT4 AND FT3 sorry the caps went on) last year it came to the surface. Now he is sending me to the shrinks. He thinks I am over-medicated because of low TSH but now the fibromyalgia surfaced because of low ft4 and below the range ft3.

I wanted a referral to a rheumy for the fibromyalgia, and a referral to my endo but I have heard nothing but from the psychiatric outpatient clinic. Maybe he did not send any referral to them....

(I got tired of the low ft4 and below range ft3 and constant depression from that so I started the ldn which helps for the symptoms. It even helps grat for depression of any kind. But the fact that my periods are back to normal and not so heavy on the right dose of ldn shows it makes the thyroid hormones work better)

I took less ldn for a while and symptoms came back. Shows me how it was before and that ldn helps me. I could have done without the ldn on the old dose of thyroid meds and on a stricter low-carb diet to lower infflammation. I am already gluten-free and milk-free and I have added vitamin D. But ldn helps more with brain fog which is one of the worst sypptoms of fibro/thyroid/celiac.

I think I will try to get an appointment with the biofeedback lady (she has a scio machine or one of the others) as my daughter already paid for it a year ago but i wanted to wait a bit. The machine can tell me if my couurent problems are caused more by toxins, where the inflammation is, if I have parasites, or emotional issues or hormonal problems like low cortisol or thyroid.

nora

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi Nora, I am not gluten-free. :) I was gluten-free for two years.

I eat a high amount of protein at each meal. I tried to do a low carb diet, but I felt horrible on it. I was on it for months. I eat things like sprouted grain bread, fruits, and veggies for most of my carbs, though I am known to eat pizza or spaghetti with the family as well. Because I'm slightly hypoglycemic, if I eat a sugary treat, which isn't very often, I also have some whey protein to balance it out.

I didn't feel a bit different when I went from low carb to "normal" (but healthy). I've messed around with various healthy diets for 17 years now. Certain things do help, other things don't. ;)

Today I didn't need a pain pill. I think that each day I'm off the Zith I'm feeling better. Now if I can just stay this way on herbs this time.

I get sunshine several days per week (I have a nice tan). I generally go out in the late afternoon (after 3PM). I also have a Mercola tanning bed for the winter months when I can't get natural sunlight.

confused Community Regular
I get sunshine several days per week (I have a nice tan). I generally go out in the late afternoon (after 3PM). I also have a Mercola tanning bed for the winter months when I can't get natural sunlight.

I just wanted to say im so jealous of the mercola tanning bed. Are they expensive. That is somthing i need in snowy colorado lol

Everyone,

So much for having good days. I have completely crashed the last 2 days. My whole body hurts and im feeling so toxic. I even put on the detox foot pads on today and they came out pitch black. Im heading to take an long detox bath now, my first one in months.

Of course i crash when its time for hubby to go back to work tommorow.

I have been having lots of neck pain. What can cause this? I think i read april ask this just in the last few days. I have had lots of brain fog the last few days to. It is making me crazy.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Yeah, Paula, they're not cheap! Don't remember how much, I think around $1000. I had good results from Vit D supplementation and I liked something more natural that couldn't become toxic, so I got the bed. I also found I craved sunlight like I craved food, and this really helped in the winter. :)

nora-n Rookie

Yes, tanning bed is now good , because of the vitamin D.

For new-comers: we need vitamin D to make more glutathione, which in turn is important re. metals, and it is metals and heavy metals that have ended up being aproblem for many here. Lyme patients have problems with that.

Back to the vitamin D, I had a test done finally , had to go private, and my level was 57 nanoomol per liter, which is a bit below the recommended 42 nanomol per liter as the lowest recommended level. The 80 corresponds to the recommended 42 nanograms per ml and I think 60 corresponds to about 32 nanograms per ml. More on vitamin D at www.vitamindcouncil.com and they recently have added a lot about autism and vitamin D. not surprisingly, as autism is supposedly a defective-metal- metabolism illness.

I do not know what the mercola tanning bed does.

Yes , I notice the antibodies and cytokines very much if not correctly dosed thyroid-wise, and I need to keep my carbohydrates in the zone. The zone is not a very low-carb diet, as it has 100 grams carbs per 60-100 grams proteins.

In the charts of the pdf recently posted about the cytokines and other stuff that makes you feel sick, it also mentions other things made by inflammation, like prostaglandins and the zone is about keeping that in check as far as I understand it. both I and my mother have tried the first thing the zone people pioneered, the omega-3 -and omega-6 oil and the and zinc and selenium combo to regulate the prostaglandin thing, and it worked just as fine as NSAIDs to heal an aching arm. But one can do the sama thing via just eating less carbs so you get into the zone. does the same thing as NSAIDs and the omega-3 package for 80 dollars that worked so fine.

I still think one has to be correctly dosed thyroid-wise, and have the vitamin D checked too and some need a low oxalate diet (and some like rachel have some sulfur issues etc) in order to not make things worse. I am usually in thyroid groups and we always relate everything to thyroid, and autoimmunity, but thyroid and autoimmunity do make a huge impact in my opinion.

My sister has attended something called family constellations. Looks like our grandfather who walked back to Austria after the first world war had a lot of trauma that has not been dealt with, an that our youngest sister took the burden of it so we could live well. Klinghardt also does family constellations. Open Original Shared Link but to go to a session here it costs about 60 dollars if yu have an issue, and 30 dollars if you just attend. You still learn a lot if you just attend. My sister has even been a place, and a country, interesting experience, she says. Normally one is just another person.

nora

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Everyone,

I am catching up! :) I should be able to post pretty soon. Boomer is settling into his new home very well.

This is how spoiled he is: I open his cage up and he backs up to be picked up! :lol: Mom is out of town, so I have to walk the dog and feed him more than usual.

Dart is grieving. :( He does not understand where Mom is. She is up in Illinois helping my cousin and his wife. They could not afford daycare, so Mom is up there watching little John. The dog is not eating much.

Although I have not gotten to get my WBs, and wonder if I ever will before I die, there is some noted improvement in the intestinal realm. :) Last week, we went to the store that has more gluten-free goodies. Glutino makes some delicious granola bars for Celiacs, and they have seeds. I used to have terrible stomach cramps and get D from any form of seed. I actually did not get cramps at all this time!

That okra pepsin is working! :o In other news, I was terribly disheartened when I discovered how much the markers I need to do the anime posters would cost. :( Just for a small set it is over $40! You need flesh tones in varying shades, numerous shades of similar colors for shading, etc. I feel like I am never going to get out of here! We are talking about having a yard sale this fall, but I need money now!

Sincerely,

Jin

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I got ahold of him today. I had his cell number from last year still. :) He has a couple things coming up the next few weeks. They should know more the beginning of September.

I told him we'll wait it out. He's a good guy and I trust him. We were referred to him by trusted friends as well.

Andrea, glad you got ahold of him. Hopefully, this will be resolved quickly and you can get in there to see him. :)

At this point I'm thinking a low sugar diet is what I need to go back on. Sugar monsters are not easy to resist though. :P

Nope...my sugar monsters are CRAZY. Well....they definately dont like beef and peas....so yeah...they're begging for something else. Anything but beef and peas!! :P

Funny thing is that sugar doesnt seem to make me feel worse...if it does I dont notice it. :unsure: Its the broccoli, nuts, cauliflower, eggs, greens, spinach, etc...that stuff KILLS me. All the healthy stuff....my body doesnt know what to do with it. :P

I dont know if its the sugar monsters begging for more....or if its just my body pleading with me to not eat the healthy stuff :huh: ....cuz yeah...the healthy stuff tends to cause setbacks (lots of inflammation).

On to other news, I've rescheduled our ART/ASYRA's for the 3rd for everyone so we only have to make one trip up. I may need to go again after my amalgams come out but we'll deal with that when the time comes. Hoping we can cut the toxin binders down for the children, but we'll see.

Looking forward to hearing about it. :)

Yeah I noticed we have two confuseds a while ago...I'm always confused myself, but I was too confused to use it in my username. :P

:lol: Me too....had to stick with something I'd remember. ;)

I finally read the article and yes...all sorts of lights went off. I don't know what the lights mean, but they went off! :lol:

:lol:

I still havent finished the article. I'll report back when I do.....and hopefully if any lights go off I'll know why.....otherwise I wont have much to report. :lol:

I understood the first half without having to put my "thinking cap" on....but that was all stuff I'm familiar with. Once the cytokines came into it I went into "nothing is sinking in" mode. :lol:

Well...I only read like two sentences but I just knew I wasnt gonna absorb it that well. Lisa mentioned it was a full moon that night.....that might have something to do with it. :P

I think cytokines have been discussed alot on LN....I remember it coming up in alot of threads I'd read over there.

It's a drink and it is a mixture of sparkling wine (traditionally Prosecco) and peach pur
Rachel--24 Collaborator
The whole thing is, we want to figure out what is *causing* the iron problems. We think it's the babesia, but in the mean time, we have to keep me alive.

If they hospitalize me, they would probably have a GI consult because they think there is some sort of malabsorption problem or internal bleed. It could be as simple as that...

So I will keep you all updated. :)

Thanks for the update Kassandra. :)

I hope it turns out to be something simple.

If its the Babs (seems pretty likely) then hopefully it'll get better soon with treatment. But yeah...in the meantime they gotta do something!

Kind of like when I was blown away when I found out someone types enormous post with one finger. :)

:lol:

I actually didnt think it was that uncommon to type with one finger. Judging by the reactions I got....I guess I'm in the minority on this. :lol:

I wonder if Carla felt the same way about eating one bite of a donut and "saving" the rest for later...or having a couple spoonfuls of ice cream and putting the rest BACK in the freezer. :blink:

Maybe she thought it was "normal"......until she met all of us. :lol::lol:

Oh ok, so could i just lick the ice cream off the drumstick, that way i only get an little gluten lmao.

Paula...I dont think this is OK either. I think it has to be fermented gluten....in order to be safe for some people??

I dont think that drumstick cone gluten is fermented though....sorry. :(

Anyway...I decided that since I dont know enough about the fermented gluten theory that I'll have to stick to my previous understanding that no amount of gluten is safe for a Celiac. ;)

However, I think that there definately are some people who have healed 100%....maybe they are taking enzymes, maybe they have no other health issues, maybe their immune system has settled down, etc.....and for whatever reason they can tolerate some gluten without suffering consequences.

Then there are others....who react severely to the tiniest exposure....maybe because they havent healed 100%, maybe because they arent taking enzymes, maybe because they have other health issues, maybe because their immune system is overactive, etc, etc....and they suffer damage and setbacks with every exposure.

Who knows why.....but I dont think its too far fetched to believe that some people can get away with small amounts of gluten. We're all different and we dont have the same immune system. If I was a Celiac who was still consuming some gluten I would be sure to have the tests run on a regular basis.

I think its just safer to say that no amount of gluten (in any form) is ok for a person with Celiac. :)

Cool thanks Rachel, so basically I should just die!

No LISA!! :blink:

I didnt say to STOP breathing....I just said dont breathe as OFTEN. :lol::P

Um, sure, about the $100, now $200. Do you accept foodstamps? I wont get it till the 5th of next month. :D

Food stamps could sure help out with the HUGE amount of money I spend on the grass fed organic beef!! :o

But noooo...I cant take your food away...or your money. :wub:

My unexpert (and probably dangerous) "medical" advice is on the house this time. ;):lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Cleaning makes me sick.

:lol: :lol:

Donna....me too. I need a maid. :lol:

I used to be a clean FREAK....but I think I lost some of my OCDness when they blew up my thyroid. :P

So yeah...now I pretty much dont care. :lol:

But I an expert on laying on the couch and telling people what needs to be done. :lol::P:rolleyes:

I dont tell anyone what to do (who would listen??) ...I just lay on the couch and hope that noone tells me to get up. :D

Maybe it was better to have at least some OCDness. :unsure:

Seems like I was alot more productive back then.....at least the compulsiveness got stuff DONE. :D

I have enjoyed the yardwork though....something about sweating in the heat and coming in dirty, scratched up and bloody. It was PRODUCTIVE. :D

No time for that anymore. :(

I remember 2 years ago talking about hiring a gardener. I finally DID IT. About 2 months ago.

I LOVE it...it took a load of stress off and the yards look beautiful.....and I didnt lift a finger. :D

I did the same thing at the movies when I was in NY with Morgan .... I ordered Reece's Pieces and a Coke (we also had popcorn). I ate less than half the Reece's Pieces and drank about 10% of the Coke.

AMAZING.

Before I got sick one of the main reasons I liked to go to the movies was the POPCORN. I always got the BIGGEST size so that I could get a refill.

....and I made sure that I ate enough to get seconds. :D

They have great ones at Palomino .... if you guys have a Palomino (it's chain, but there aren't a whole lot of them).

I dunno. Donna.....do we have Palomino?? :unsure:

"I haven't looked."

Funny thing is, he knew who I was talking about! LOL

HA HA.....he got busted!! :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
So, how does thyroid and cytokines figure into this for me?

Yeah....I wonder how it figures in for me too? :huh:

Maybe I'll ask my Dr. about LDN....see if he knows anything....or if he uses it at all.

He was wanting to test for autoimmunity but since everything was clear in previous tests he figured it wasnt a priority. I guess I can go ahead and do the testing again....especially for the thyroid antibodies because of the Graves.

So if there's nothing autoimmune going on...I guess there is no need for LDN??

I, for one, have been having way too much ice cream. Just finished what was in the house and need to chain my hands if I even think of getting more.

I think Andrea might need an intervention. :lol:

I feel your pain with the ice cream. Its all I can do not to buy a pint when I'm at the store. Then, if I do, I am mad at myself!

I dont ever get mad at myself for buying and racheling ice cream. I just say "Oh well...I'll try harder next time." :P

Maybe this is my problem?? :unsure:

What do you guys think the best way to test for parasites? Keep in mind ART is not near me.

There are some tests available...like Genova's CDSA, Doctors Data, Diagnos-techs, etc.

None of the parasite tests are great though...so even if they're negative you can still be loaded with parasites.

I would go with some type of energetic testing to see if they're a problem or not. It seems like more often than not people get negative stool tests for parasites....even with repeated testing....but the parasites are identified with energetic testing and proper treatment improves the GI symptoms.

Since the CDSA and others are very expensive....and not very sensitive....it might be better to just go right into energetic testing.

My bucket is FULL! Darn you toxins! FULL!! :rolleyes:

Birdy....yeah...my bucket got FULL too! I FILLED it with maple syrup (and other stuff). :ph34r:

Major sulfur build-up and spillage. :rolleyes:

mftnchn Explorer
Sherry,

Which test did you have to determine your Vit D levels were low? My levels are fine on the bloodwork from LabCorp, but I can't help but wonder, since I have so many problems with my immune system.

Birdy

Birdy, I think that LabCorp might not be reliable. At least the Marshall protocol people say that. My allergist also mentioned that some labs are not reliable. Part of it is how they handle the sample which has to be frozen.

The main test is 25 hydroxy Vitamin D. I had that and also the 1, 25 hydroxy Vitamin D.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer
Anyone have any good Vit C recommendations. I bought Alive from nature's way but it's too expensive to continue getting. I need to take 2 grams a day til I have the first removal and then up it to 3-5 grams. Since the removals are so close together I won't be backing back down on Vit C til mid-end of September.

There's a company that makes powders very cheap but I am blanking out on the name right now. If I can find it I'll send it.

Sherry

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Graves: LDN is especially good for graves since this is caused by TRAB antibodies and LDN takes them away. Even patients with Thyroid Eye disease finally get better because of LDN.

I think my Graves definately figures in somehow. I dont know what its doing now...but definately in the beginning I think it played a role in stressing my pathway.

If I had some weaknesses with methylation/sulfation the overproduction of hormones may have been putting a burden on an already weak pathway....and then came the mercury/metals....and now the cycle is blocked.

Graves accelerates everything.....my body was totally revved up. Epinephrine and other phenolic chemicals/hormones were probably stressing the sulfation pathway.

Funny how epinephrine/norepinephrine comes up for me ALL the time....theres gotta be a reason for it.

Norepinephrine is elevated in Graves Disease.

Norepinephrine is one of the hormones produced by the adrenal glands, which are found on top of the kidneys. They are released into the blood during times of physical or emotional stress,

I get reactions to whatever "chemical" my body releases during stress....its more severe than a food reaction and it fills the bucket VERY quickly. I would have to assume my body is responding to a build-up of epinephrine.

I had those injections containing epinephrine right before my fillings got drilled out. I think my pathway was WAY too overwhelmed to move metals out at that point.

I was supposed to see Anna and have her test the epinephrine....along with cortisol. I never went but since I'm seeing Dr. T. soon I'll definately have her check this (if she can).

If my Graves is still active I wonder if there could still be some "revving up" going on? :unsure:

Norepinephrine also feeds pathogenic bacteria. <_<

BioSET showed a problem with epinephrine and T3.

One of the neurotransmitters metabolites (VMA) that was borderline high on my OAT results is related to epinephrine.

VMA is a metaboilte of norepinephrine.

I think I NEED desensitization to epinephrine/norepinephrine...and other hormones that I've become sensitive to as a result of impaired sulfation.

I dont know if LDN would help with my Graves now....I guess it depends on whether or not antibodies are present. Its another thing for me to look into.

I just wanted to say im so jealous of the mercola tanning bed.

ME TOO!!

Carla...first things first....does it HEAT you up?? Thats the most important thing. ;)

Next...what are the health benefits? :D

Everyone,

So much for having good days. I have completely crashed the last 2 days. My whole body hurts and im feeling so toxic. I even put on the detox foot pads on today and they came out pitch black. Im heading to take an long detox bath now, my first one in months.

Awww Paula.....I wonder what is causing these ups and downs? I think alot of it might be food related.

What ever happened with the moldy hay outside the bedroom window situation??

I have been having lots of neck pain. What can cause this? I think i read april ask this just in the last few days.

For me its toxicity. I think most (if not all) people who have Lyme, heavy metals, chemical burden, parasites, candida, etc.....have some type of neck pain/stiffness.

I think it has to do with the lymphatic system...too much toxins in the body.

Yeah, Paula, they're not cheap! Don't remember how much, I think around $1000. I had good results from Vit D supplementation and I liked something more natural that couldn't become toxic, so I got the bed. I also found I craved sunlight like I craved food, and this really helped in the winter. :)

So the bed provides natural Vit D??

My sister has attended something called family constellations. Looks like our grandfather who walked back to Austria after the first world war had a lot of trauma that has not been dealt with, an that our youngest sister took the burden of it so we could live well. Klinghardt also does family constellations.

Nora, I've read some really interesting stories on that. Klinghardt has found that to be an issue for some people with chronic health problems.

That okra pepsin is working! :o In other news, I was terribly disheartened when I discovered how much the markers I need to do the anime posters would cost. :( Just for a small set it is over $40! You need flesh tones in varying shades, numerous shades of similar colors for shading, etc. I feel like I am never going to get out of here! We are talking about having a yard sale this fall, but I need money now!

Sincerely,

Jin

Jin,

Glad the treatment is working for you and that you're noticing improvement. :)

Sounds like Boomer is keeping you busy! :lol:

Archived