This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice
I'm curious if it has to do with Vitamin D from the summer sun, given that you previously were so deficient and haven't been supplementing.

Except that I haven't been outside, lol. For the past 5 weeks I've been basically housebound, only going out for a minute or two at a time, and then for a couple of doctor's appointments.

Does anyone play mah jong the chinese board game with tiles? Thats my favorite game ever! I even have a set

Only on my computer, lol. I also have a computer game called Word Jong which I like a lot.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor
Hey

Does anyone play mah jong the chinese board game with tiles? Thats my favorite game ever! I even have a set of tiles.

My parents used to have a set that we played once in awhile. Otherwise it was a friends set. It was a lot of fun! I don't remember how to play though and I live just a tad bit to far away to come over and play. :P

Good luck with the interview. :)

mftnchn Explorer
Mandarin was WAY easier than Spanish for me. I was able to memorize Mandarin characters faster than spanish anything, lol. :lol: I was fluent in Mandarin in only 6 months...could read, write and speak it. Now I don't remember almost any of it. Except I somehow remembered 1-10 today in bed, LOL! :)

Re-learning Mandarin is on my list of things to do...soon. I LOVED it! :D

Good! When you get well, you'll have to come to China and visit--and study!

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

I don't play mah jong but you see people all over in China playing it during leisure hours. They gamble though with it, so it is often a source of concern or conflict with families as there can be an addiction and family finances lost.

confusedks Enthusiast
Good! When you get well, you'll have to come to China and visit--and study!

Sherry

That would be SO much fun! I was planning to go to China this summer, but got sick...

One time I *will* visit! :D

mftnchn Explorer

Are you still feeling better Kassandra? Have you figured out what is helping?

ShadowSwallow Newbie
I couldn't handle Transfer Factor. If you try both of those, try them apart from each other. Transfer Factor is bad for those with autoimmune conditions because if you tend towards autoimmune you don't want to further stimulate the immune system.

Thanks for the feedback. At this point, from what I've learned of the immune system mine is very unbalanced towards the allergy side of things. :P

In terms of getting the Th1/Th2 sides of the immune system balanced, I'm extremely imbalanced towards the Th2 side. My NK count is very low, and my Eos levels are extremely high. This makes a ton of sense with my tendency to become allergic to anything and everything. Not so much chemical overload or intolerances... just random allergies. <_<

So at this point I'm addressing the Lyme, which I suspect is one of the main reason (along with metals and yeast from Mom) that my immune system is messed up. I now want to start the rebalancing and desensitizing part of things. I did the desensitizing part before, but not the rebalancing. I think that's why my allergies came back. After the Lyme became dominant thanks to the brilliant Drs who gave me steroids at the ER. :rolleyes:

I'm *hoping* to get in to see Naturopath soon. She doesn't understand much of this, but she can test me for things. Also, I want to start BioSet again... which will be difficult as our practitioners moved farther away. But I really think that the desensitizing will play an essential role for me getting better. It helped before. But now I have a better idea of what was causing the problems, so I have a better chance of staying better. :lol:

Fascinating article about the balance of the immune system (I'm pretty sure I've posted this before :lol::P): Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nora-n Rookie

I am wondering wether I am somewhat allergic to wireless computer networks and cell phones. I turned off the network yesterday and used the cable instead, and used the speaker function on the phone instead of holding it to my ear. I have for the last three years gotten this itching-burning feeling in the middle of my head after holding phone to the head, about teh place where the sinuses are. Ear-nose-throat doctor saw it was all red and inflamed and raw up there.

Now I am working at a school and they have just put wireless everywhere instead of just cabling it, they are putting electric contacs on all the tables now, but no network cables at the same time. My head was itching and burning, I think it is from all the networks. Each student now gets a computer they have to use.

There are hats one can buy, and scarves to block out the radiation. Not cheap. They are a silver mesh and they completely block out the radiation.

I think I will tell the computer chief that they are doing a mistake by not installing cables now when the electricians are here to istall all the electric contacts anyway. There are bound to be some allergic pupils amongst the 300-something kids.

One thing the high-frequent electric raddiation does, is open up the tight junctions in the blood-brain barrier and the gut.

Now we know from before that zonulin does that in all people, and more in celiacs, so we already know gluten is bad for everyone because it causes zonulin.

And the tight junctions are discussed on the low oxalate web site, and how calcium closes them again. Now, coca cola with its phjosphoric acid robs the body of calcium (it even says so in pubmed)...it makes things worse for kids.

Now they eat bread for breakfast here, bread for lunch, and often just pizza for dinner, and have all this radiation, and they are low in vitamin D as they are inside during sun hours.....

Sherry, aboout your 10 000 units, the biggest allowed doses are 400 units here. That would mean she would have to use 25 of our tablets here, a quarter box a day. Is not gonna happen. So the logical thing to try is to take 5 tablets, 2000 units for a couple of months and see if that does the trick. We have to find a source of vitaminD tablets or caps from the internet. Anything outside europe gets confiscated in customs, especially vitamins. funny thing is that about the max size, 400 units, has already been discussed on the vitamindcouncil, that the us gaovernment or the canadian government is planning to limit the doses to 400 units. He says that people oare not gonna take the number of caps/tablets they need then. I totally agree. No way DD is gonna bother taking a quarter of a bottle a day , and it costs at least 15 dollars a bottle. Prescription vitamin D is D2, or 1,25D analogues for people without kidneys. Cod liver oid has only a portion of the original strenght, now two tablespoons have 10

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sorry, haven't read .... just wanted to tell Rachel that my time in Germany overlaps with your friend's time by three days. :) Guess I'll finally get to meet him.

I hope everyone is well .... busy weekend. Busy day yesterday (stressful, high profile funeral at our church, but can't tell too much so publically) .... I had some symptoms after the funeral, but took it easy a couple hours and they went away again.

I'll catch up (or at least skim) later.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I am wondering wether I am somewhat allergic to wireless computer networks and cell phones. I turned off the network yesterday and used the cable instead, and used the speaker function on the phone instead of holding it to my ear. I have for the last three years gotten this itching-burning feeling in the middle of my head after holding phone to the head, about teh place where the sinuses are. Ear-nose-throat doctor saw it was all red and inflamed and raw up there.

Nora,

This is actually a serious problem. Dr. K feels its even worse than Lyme, Heavy metals, etc.

Some of us have been tested for sensitivities to EMF's. I was tested and it was not a huge problem but I did have some amount of stress from EMF's and was told to stop using my electric blanket at night.

Kassandra has significantly cut down on her computer time recently due to EMF's.

This is very simialr to multiple chemical sensitivites (MCS)....in that the body is reacting to the overload of EMF exposure...its called EHS (electromagentic hypersensitivity syndrome).

Its common for those who have MCS to also have EHS.

Personally I feel that both of these issues are strongly related to heavy metals.....and also the chronic infections that go along with it. I have never heard of a person having either of these conditions WITHOUT having the metals and chronic infections such as Lyme.

When I was at my worst (with my system being totally overloaded with toxins) I was very sensitive to the computer...there was an obvious worsening of symptoms while sitting in front of the computer.

Some days I can still feel it but it is not so bothersome anymore....and its usually only noticeable at times where my bucket is pretty full already.

One of my Dr.'s who treats mainly autistic kids told me that definately she sees some kids who have alot of problems with this. Some kids have complete meltdowns when driven by a cell phone tower.....some kids must be holding onto (or very close to) an electronic device at all times or they lose it.

I think in that second case the EMF's are having some effect that causes the body to feel it *needs* the exposure....kind of like the gluten/casein/opiate thing. There is a "withdrawl" when the EMF's are taken away......a temporary worsening of symptoms.

My worst (and most obvious) reaction to EMF's was while walking through a Fry's electronic store. All of a sudden (in one area of the store) I had the most intense pressure in my head....all the head symptoms flared up as I passed through this area....and then subsided once I was away from that area. :huh:

That was when I realized that this really does play a role.

I also do NOT use a bluetooth for "hands free" cellphone use. The first time I had that thing on my ear and it was turned on.....the pressure in my head increased significantly. I returned it to the store and got myself a much cheaper and much safer hands free device. :)

There are some people who post on LN who have very severe symptoms as a result of sensitivity to EMF's.

Many times, those suffering from electromagnetic hypersensitivity will also be highly sensitive to chemicals or suffer from MCS. Other at-risk groups for developing EHS include those with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), and people experiencing mercury toxicity from dental amalgams.

This makes logical sense since your nervous system is a primary site impacted by both chemicals and electromagnetic fields. And if your nervous system has been damaged from toxic exposures you may also be more susceptible to EHS as well.

The five most common symptoms of electromagnetic hypersensitivity are:

skin itch/rash/flushing/burning, and/or tingling

confusion/poor concentration, and/or memory loss

fatigue and weakness

headache

chest pain and heart problems

Less commonly reported symptoms include:

nausea

panic attacks

insomnia

seizures

ear pain/ringing in the ears

feeling a vibration

paralysis

dizziness

Earlier this year I had the pleasure of conducting an interview with Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, in which we discussed the impact of electromagnetic fields and radio waves on your body.

Dr. Klinghardt reminded me that Dr. Robert Becker

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Sorry, haven't read .... just wanted to tell Rachel that my time in Germany overlaps with your friend's time by three days. :) Guess I'll finally get to meet him.

I havent read yet either.....gotta catch up over the weekend. :)

Just wanted to say YAY. :D

How fun! You'll like him....he's a really nice guy. :)

I cant wait to hear all the details.

I'm feeling impatient right now because my new voodoo lady (Dr. T) is not so easy to schedule with. :angry:

I had heard (from someone who hasnt seen her) that some people who have seen her eventually ended up switching to Anna instead.

Now I'm thinking it MUST be because it takes WAY too long to set up an appt.....and then when you schedule it...its a couple months out! :angry:

My appt. isnt until October 9th. :(

In the meantime I wont be doing anything but waiting. I cant see Dr. P. until I'm done with her. If I need to see her again for desensitization (or whatever) and if it takes this long in between appointments there is NO WAY I'm going to continue to see her. I'll go to Anna instead. I'm already REALLY upset about this and I'll totally lose it if I have to wait that long to start treatment.

I'm shooting for going to Germany around Feb/March.....and this new voodoo lady is kind of messing things up for me already. I think I might hate her by the time October 9th gets here. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I notice I feel better when I take breaks from the computer. Been feeling really good the past few days. :)

I think its a combination of the reduction of EMF exposure....plus other factors. :D

Anyways....I feel pretty good....ate lots of bad food though. :rolleyes:

dlp252 Apprentice

I've been away from computers for 5 weeks, and that really MIGHT be one of the reasons I'm feeling better and sleeping better. I sit at a computer for 8 hours every work day and that can't be good! While at home my computer usage has been limited to maybe an hour or two at the most a day max.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I don't seem to be as sensitive to EMF's as a lot of you. My head feels funny when I talk on the cell phone, so I usually use the speaker feature, but overall, I just don't use it that much. I don't feel the same affect from the cordless phone at home.

I don't seem to notice a difference off or on the computer. When I feel better I am on it less often, but that is not the reason I feel better. When I get my head in a good book when I'm sick, I still don't feel better after the time away from the computer.

I believe it can be a serious problem though.

Donna, you might feel better from not being under the stress of your job. :)

Rachel, I look forward to meeting him. Have you told him you know me? He would know me by my LN screen name (which I don't mention on this forum so people don't find me here, LOL).

I don't want to ruin it, but since I'm not superstitious .... I feel only a slight ache in my shoulder, very slight, so I'm having a 99% day!!!! I feel great! I have energy! We're having a cookout.

I have been sleeping SO MUCH BETTER!! I LOVE the Lyrica!! I'm a new person on it. I just hope the herbs hold me this time. I'm concerned about the babesia because I am having air hunger. I bought some tonic water .... maybe the little bit extra will help.

If I missed something, let me know. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, I look forward to meeting him. Have you told him you know me? He would know me by my LN screen name (which I don't mention on this forum so people don't find me here, LOL).

I havent mentioned it to him...but now that you guys will be going to Germany I'll definately tell him (I know your LN username). :)

I wish I had something exciting coming up....but nooooo....nothing till October. :rolleyes:

I think I'll look through my mail...maybe I'll find something from Dr. Amy. :P

tabasco32 Apprentice

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone's doing well.

So I went to visit my best friend Sandra yesterday. I haven't seen her since I got sick. But I'm tired of not being able to do anything because of this illness. I want to start going out, dancing and stuff.

Well anyway I get to the place she's living and she was taking care of this beautiful little boy name Ethan.

He was swimming in his pool outside in the front because it sssooo hot here. It's like 102 right now. Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

So anyways, he's five years old and she said she needs to keep an eye on him because he's autistic. I was stunned. I would have never thought that my best friend would ever take care of someone who is sick with almost the same things as me. We have been best friends for 16 years.

He still has to wear pampers and he doesn't talk very much. He kind of mummbles and repeats what we say. We watched him for about 5 hours. He would come up to me and look at me in the face real close. She said sometimes she doesn't think he could see real well. He has very long hair and is a beautiful little boy. His mom is very beautiful too. I think that she is only about 24.

So, we were talking and I asked her question about Ethan. She said he has this thing where he has to line thing up all the time. They have to be lined up perfectly. He is very accident prone also.

I don't think he's seeing a Holistic Dr. or anything. They just give him medication but Sandra said it's not Redalin because he's not hyper. I think that he is somewhat more than any 5 year old. He's a good boy though.

So anyways, I thought it was rather interesting.

tabasco32 Apprentice
I don't seem to be as sensitive to EMF's as a lot of you. My head feels funny when I talk on the cell phone, so I usually use the speaker feature, but overall, I just don't use it that much. I don't feel the same affect from the cordless phone at home.

I have EMFS. It's called electricitas. :) I have it bad sometimes and other times I don't. I use the computers at the library so I am around a lot of electricity. I get the vibration thing going on. Especially in the kitchen when I am by the stove or dishwasher. Its mostly on my upper thigh area.

I also get the high pitch ring in my ears. But only when the screen turns white. It sound like eeeeoooeeoooeeooooo!! I get shocked a lot to. Electric shocks from the car door or clothes that just came out of the dryer, like real bad. :angry:

ShadowSwallow Newbie

I only have a slight EMF sensitivity. When I'm on the computer for hours at a time I feel slightly more anxious, and more revved up. But other than that I really don't get any symptoms. And that alone isn't going to keep me off. ;):lol:

Nanjkay Apprentice
Carla and Kassandra when you get sweats from the babs, do you also feel very hot at the time you are sweating? Or is a just noticing yourself being wet without a sensation of heat?

Sherry

Sherry-

I get sweats from Babesia and most of the time I feel very hot at the time of sweating especially in the morning. When I have night drenching sweats, it is the wetness, not the hotness, that wakes me up (gee, that didn't sound like Babesia, that sounded like something a lot more fun) B) !!!

Nancy

Nanjkay Apprentice
So, I've been off the meds and on herbs for over a week now. I'm feeling better in general, but the air hunger is getting bad. I don't think the Malarone/Lariam/Enula/Art keeps it in check as well as the Mepron.

Carla-

Just today, the air hunger and cobwebs in my chest came back. I have been off the Mepron for 10 days now. I thought that feeling in the chest (I imagine this is how asthmatics feel) was from the Lyme, not the babs???

Anyway- glad to hear you are doing so well.

Kassandra- I'm a little late in posting but glad to hear you are doing better also.

Nancy

mftnchn Explorer
Now I'm thinking it MUST be because it takes WAY too long to set up an appt.....and then when you schedule it...its a couple months out! :angry:

Will they let you schedule more than one appointment?

mftnchn Explorer

[quote name='nora_n' date='Aug 23 2008, 05:21 PM' post='459684'

Sherry, about your 10 000 units, the biggest allowed doses are 400 units here. That would mean she would have to use 25 of our tablets here, a quarter box a day. Is not gonna happen

mftnchn Explorer
I get sweats from Babesia and most of the time I feel very hot at the time of sweating especially in the morning. When I have night drenching sweats, it is the wetness, not the hotness, that wakes me up (gee, that didn't sound like Babesia, that sounded like something a lot more fun) B) !!!

Nancy

Yep, seems to me that the two are not significantly different in symptoms. I wonder at my age how I'm supposed to tell? :blink:

Sherry

confused Community Regular

All of this talk on emf has me really thinking. I know days i talk on the cell phpne for long periods, my head feels realy weird. It feels all heavy and likei feel my blood flowing with my veins in my head. I also get headaches and feel weird. I also notice thisif im on the puter for hours on end. I sometimes even feel off when i have the heating pad on my stomach for too long. I never really made the connection til we have been talking about it on here.

I am going to have to google more on this.

Rachel.

Good to see u posting again, i wondered what happened to you lol. Im stil waiting for you to decipher that article that carla posted lol

Kassandra,

Glad you are feeling better. That make me happy.

Donna,.

Are you going back to work soon lol

Everyone,.

Does anyone take b-50 from now for an b-complex. My mom bought me some today and they look like they are free from everything lol

paula

aprilh Apprentice

I am back from the beach! I felt much better after a few days there....maybe the sunlight, the ocean water - don't know. But the aching in my neck and back has subsided. And my legs aren't quite as weak feeling.

I got home and the Igenex results were here for the tick I had tested.

Positive for Echrilosis??? I don't know much about that one. Does anyone else?

Archived