This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

confused Community Regular

Andrea,

I think you are right about just cutting down grains and sugar. I looked over the scd a few weeks ago and i know i could not follow it no matter how hard i tried. I cant live in chicken soup for days. I cant make the yogurt, so it would be hard on me. I know I am just going to go to an basic diet for a few weeks, and eat just fish, meat, fruits and veggies and maybe some rice.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
moldlady Rookie

Okay, sorry,

Carla... I would seriously try the sweating and detox baths. And, after a week of doing that 2 times a day hopefully you will be okay.

The garlic will help detox the lungs from any mold you might have inhaled.

Hope you feel better soon.

Bye,

ML

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I gotta catch up on this thread! :blink:

I read that Carla is having some odor issues?? :unsure:

Carla, I definately need to read all the posts I missed so that I can be back "in the loop". :P

I also got a couple email updates I still need to read but thanks for sending (Kassandra and Carla). :)

Heres my brief update. :rolleyes:

I've still been pretty bent out of shape about having to wait for additional testing with the new voodoo doctor. It just doesnt make alot of sense to me with all of the testing I've already had done. So I havent really been able to get past that....despite EVERYONE telling me to chill out. :ph34r::P

Also, I was concerned that I'd wait ALL this time for my October 9th appt. only to have it canceled or something (since scheduling was so difficult to begin with).

So yesterday I got the call that she has changed the schedule and will not be available on the 9th....so I am now rescheduled for the 22nd! :angry:

I left a message with Dr. P. stating that I do not want to wait any longer....I want to proceed with treatment based on the info. we already have available. I think its unreasonable to wait over 2 months to see this other doctor....and who knows if she will even keep this new schedule. If necessary I would like to continue any testing with Anna instead.

Dr P. called me back earlier apologizing for the scheduling problems and wanting me to go ahead and have Anna do a screening for bacteria, virus and parasites. I told him I've already had all of it done and yes....Lyme did show up but she could not tell whether or not it was active...so I continued with ART, CD57, etc.

He then said he wants Igenex western blots. I told him I already have those too and they should be in my file because Dr. S. ordered all of it....co-infections included. Its all been done.

For some reason he didnt have it and so now he needs to go back and review everything that is in my file with Dr. S. There are also copies of my screenings with Anna so I see no need to do more of the same.

He told me that the results of my recent CD57 are normal......but much lower than that of a healthy individual. Well yeah....I'm definately not healthy and there is definately some immune suppression going on but it just doesnt appear tyo be caused by Lyme at this time. Thats my gut instinct anyway....and my symptoms (which are not consistent with Lyme) support this. Not to mention ART results.

Anyway my first CD57 (over a year ago) was 78....he said the number hasnt changed much since then (the new result was 72).

Apparantly he wasnt aware of the amount of testing that has already been done (especially with regards to Lyme) and so he is going to get back to me on Wednesday after he has thoroughly reviewed everything and we will move forward.

I have an appt. scheduled with him for next week and I'm hoping that it wont have to be rescheduled as we should have enough info. to get started on this. So we'll see what happens.

I feel like the past several weeks have kind of been a waste of time but I'm glad we can move forward now without my having to see this other doctor.

mftnchn Explorer
One thing I am concerned about with the SCD is that we can't take chlorella. That is our toxin binder and I really don't want to go off of it, especially with my amalgams still in.

Actually I am still taking my chlorella, and all of my meds, many of which are not SCD compliant. Its the one place I am not compliant with the diet.

My LLMD said he prefers it if I am compliant with SCD with my meds, but agreed with me that I need these supplements. It so far hasn't compromised my improvement on SCD which has been huge.

I am actively chelating with DMPS so I think I need the chlorella. I take pectin (same kind as Donna but in a capsule), and some charcoal as well.

The explanation that you posted from the book, Andrea, doesn't make much sense to me either as a reason not to take chlorella. When I have time I might do a google search. Sometimes there are posts where Elaine gives a fuller explanation of her research.

My ART testing showed I could eat potato, rice, tapioca flour, and some other things that I cannot have on SCD. I think the reason ART didn't pick it up might be that it is not the food itself that I can't handle. It is the problem of breaking down the food in the final stages of carb digestion that I can't do. ART did pick up major problems with sugar, and also major problems in the gut.

Paula I know the diet sounds difficult, I'm not going to tell you that it is not. I looked at it months ago and decided it was too restrictive. However, once I moved past the intro I have found it very satisfying, just more time consuming in the kitchen. I really love the ginger/carrot/chicken soup when I make it into curry and can eat it twice a day if I need to no problem. Its my back up because I can make a huge amount at a time and freeze it.

I also was fine on the intro once I made the extra things, the jello, cheesecake, etc. I went a full 5 days and could have gone longer. The first 2 days were tough.

I did detox through the first 5 days though. So for you with families it will take some preparation so you aren't overwhelmed with the cooking when not feeling well.

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

I'm glad you are able to get in next week without having to see this new lady. The scheduling with her is insane, especially if you can't even count on the appointment you've made!

I'll be looking for updates next week when you have them. :)

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Should you take zeolite away from other supps/meds? I tried taking some a few weeks ago and it didn't agree with me. But I'm suspecting it could've been because it absorbed my meds.

Birdy

mftnchn Explorer

Carla, sure hope you can get through this soon. Lots of blueberries sounds pretty wonderful to me. I wonder if the baths 2 times a day like moldlady suggests would help, and maybe add the skin brushing before each one.

Her thoughts on the chlorella are interesting. Do you think there could be hidden metals complicating your detox? Also any ideas come up in your research about how environmental exposure gets internalized? Sure seems like you have a high body content of something....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mftnchn Explorer

Rachel glad for your update--what frustration you've had. Sounds like things are going to start moving again which is great.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

This site has a good explanation of CD57 results.

Open Original Shared Link

When Lyme is active, the CD57 count is suppressed. We currently are having our tests run by LabCorp because published research on this test was based on their methods. At this lab, the expected range for the CD57 count is above 60. However, in the chronic Lyme patient, CD57 counts are usually well below 60 and may be at risk with levels of 60-100.

So right now I am "at risk" with my CD57 count being at 72 (and previously at 78).

I feel that with severely impaired detoxification I am "at risk" for a whole lot of things (Lyme being only one of many).....which is why I want to improve my detoxification (open up the pathway) BEFORE I end up with additional problems. It only makes sense that eventually my immune system is no longer going to be strong enough to fight off Lyme and other pathogens.

Test interpretation: Low CD57 occurs in chronic Lyme or when the disease has been active for over 1 year. The count reflects the degree of infection. It is not a diagnostic test but is used as a marker for Lyme being active. Test done by LabCorp.

>200 is normal

< 20 severe illness

0-60 is seen in chronic Lyme disease

> 60 Lyme activity indicates improvement

moldlady Rookie

Some really strong immune system boosters can be provided by Oleander (Nerium oleander) shots. They have taken the toxic substances out and kept only the good immune boosters and added purified water. An alternative health care provider can offer this.... the name is anvirzel. It is expensive but can really boost the immune system to fight off parasites, germs, virus, etc.

ML

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Some really strong immune system boosters can be provided by Oleander (Nerium oleander) shots. They have taken the toxic substances out and kept only the good immune boosters and added purified water. An alternative health care provider can offer this.... the name is anvirzel. It is expensive but can really boost the immune system to fight off parasites, germs, virus, etc.

ML

I think in my case the most effective way to boost my immune system would be to correct the dysfunction/imbalances which are causing the toxicity to accumulate in the first place. With blocked methylation/sulfation I am reactive to most products even if they are meant to be beneficial.

I have not really benefited from any type of supplements because none of it has addressed the defects in my biochemistry....and I think this is the "core" of the problem. Once I have some improvement with that I think I will do much better with other types of natural treatments.....but right now they are just additional "stressors".

covsooze Enthusiast

Thanks for everyone's best wishes and the PMs :lol: I've been in bed with flu the past couple of days, so haven't been around to post again.

Carla, it's incredible what you're having to go through because of a moldy mattress :o I'm glad you've found out and hope you feel much better really soon - hopefully this is a big bit in the jigsaw for you.

It's interesting to read the posts about doing the SCD, or just cleaning up the diet in general. When I was feeling much better earlier in the year, I'm sure a lot of it was down to simplifying my diet. But, like Andrea's said, I would really recommend making big batches of stuff and freezing it where possible. It's such hard work cooking from scratch, especially when you have a family (and in my case a job too), and if you add detox on top of that - aagh!! It's quite easy to give up! So you need to make things as easy for yourself as possible. Think especially about what you can have as allowed quick snacks, so you always have something on hand if you get hungry. That's my biggest problem!

The diet went out of the window for me when I got pregnant, because I was so sick and so hungry. I need to try and sort things out again, but obviuosly need to be really careful whilst pregnant. I've gone from having D every day in the first half of my pregnancy to C every day :rolleyes: It's amazing what hormones do!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, how frustrating! I would be even more upset that my doctor didn't have all the test results in front of him. Grr.

Should you take zeolite away from other supps/meds? I tried taking some a few weeks ago and it didn't agree with me. But I'm suspecting it could've been because it absorbed my meds.

Birdy

Cowden protocol has the zeolite taken at bedtime with other herbs, so I think it's okay to take with other stuff, though I always took it away from meds just in case.

Carla, sure hope you can get through this soon. Lots of blueberries sounds pretty wonderful to me. I wonder if the baths 2 times a day like moldlady suggests would help, and maybe add the skin brushing before each one.

Her thoughts on the chlorella are interesting. Do you think there could be hidden metals complicating your detox? Also any ideas come up in your research about how environmental exposure gets internalized? Sure seems like you have a high body content of something....

I don't know. My metal testing comes out as showing nothing, but maybe it's intracellular like the Lyme? I know I'm toxic .... I scored 99.986% on the VCS test!

It's still stinking .... I'm going to take a bath today (I've been showering a lot, LOL) ... I wanted an epsom salt bath yesterday, but we don't have a bathtub in our bathroom and I wasn't up to cleaning the kids tub. Today they clean their bathroom anyway, so I'll take a bath when they're done. Doubt I'll take two baths.

I think I need more magnesium. Cowden recommends your bowels move three times per day .... mine have not. Sounds like a good excuse to eat prunes ... I love prunes!

confused Community Regular
I think I need more magnesium. Cowden recommends your bowels move three times per day .... mine have not. Sounds like a good excuse to eat prunes ... I love prunes!

Three times an day. Im lucky if its 3 times an week lol.

paula

aprilh Apprentice
We are looking at starting the SCD diet, but probably not til February. Got to get through b-days and Christmas. Plus I told hubby he'd probably want to take a week of when we start this and he'd rather take time off then as that is usually when the weather is worse. We'd probably pick a nice week though right? :lol: Anyway it gives me some learning time. I already have a bad mood child due to having to give up her sugar and grains on this diet when we start it.

April, if you are doing this diet with your kids I'd love updates! :)

Andrea,

I started the diet with myself only. I figured I will get used to the changes, try out some recipes, so that I'll be more prepared to try it with my son. I think this might be the missing link to his final stage of healing. He is just like me in all his intolerances and the fact that we both had the yeast problems. So, if it helps me - then I'll have more ammo to try it on him.

My husband is VERY unsupportive so I might get a lab test - maybe the Rosmed that Sherry did - to support the need to try this diet on him. I think if I remove the food stressors and allow his gut to heal then he might Completely heal to the point of being normal again. That's my hope anyway. From all I know I would always continue to feed them healthy, but at least not as restrictive.

Ok you do know you are really starting to scare me. Im thinking i better start monday night instead. My son has his first football game on monday and i dont want to miss it lol.

Carla, i think we have the best hubbies in the world. We sure trained them right, huh. Im kidding, well kinda i always tell hubby that lol

paula

Yes, you do have good hubbies! I can say that being on the *other* side of the fence. My hubby doesn't even really think mold bothers people - its in our heads! It makes me mad!

The other day I reviewed my son's medical records from birth and he was sick 21 out of 24 months (sick visit to the dr with multiple diagnosis of ear infection, gastroenteritis, viral infections, ect) and then after going gluten free he has only been to the dr. once for a sick visit in the last 2 years! That speaks for itself, in my opinion, but I got that information together as "proof" for him since he thinks its all a crock of poop. He's fighting a losing battle!

I'm a bit confused as to who is detoxing using the chlorella but just wanted to pop in here with a word of caution. Chlorella is a mercury/heavy metal mobilizer and can detox too fast for some that have high levels stored in deep tissues.

From my own experience, I would not take it any more but do detox baths twice a day to help sweat the mercury/heavy metals out of the system faster. A cheap detox bath with 1 c. epsom salts, 1 c. H2O2, 1 c. baking soda, and 1/4 c. potassium. Soak in there for an hour and as hot as you can take it.... If you are really metal toxic, don't take it so hot ... but the sweating is good and one of the only ways to really get the heavy metals out. This may take a solid week to feel normal again.

Detoxing from mold/fungus would mean lots of blueberries to bind with the mycotoxins. Lots of garlic if you cannot take anti-fungals at this point...

ML

Hi Moldlady! Good to *see* you pop in over here! YC looks to be finally closed down, so I was thinking about emailing you to see how you were.

I have to say that the detox baths you recommend helped me when I was feeling like Carla. I thought for sure I was going to die, but those baths 2-3 times per day really lifted me out of a really bad place. That and activated charcoal!

ML, I have already chelated heavy metals and my metals are low.

I had a bed full of mold that I was being exposed to over a period of time and I'm having a terrible detox reaction since we got rid of it. I felt SO good the first few days it was gone, now I'm feeling horrible. I'm taking chlorella to mop up toxins.

You mention anti-fungals .... you mean like Nystatin? I don't think I actually have mold growing in me ... I was exposed to mold.

Andrea, sometimes you have to take the best of different ideas and use what works for you. :)

Carla,

The thought is that when you are exposed to mold such as you, that fungus easily grows in the body. The blueberries are a great way to absorb the mycotoxins that mold produces. Moldlady was exposed to mold for 19 years, so she learned the hard way.

About the metals, it could be that the mold exposure prevented you from detoxing as much as you would. The mold can *keep* metals and toxins deep in your cells. Now that you have removed the exposure, maybe your cells are *dumping*. It's kind of good in a way that you do detox pretty well. Where as some of us just recirculate the toxins (like me!).

I would say the more you can get out of your skin the better.

And, btw, I smell like onions when I detox too! It can be pretty bad! That's how i know when I've become toxic, LOL.

aprilh Apprentice

Andrea,

When I read the book, "Breaking the Viscious Cycle", the scientificness behind the diet *clicked* for me. I would highly recommend reading it. There is details in there about how the digestive system works particularly for carbs.

Even though my son is gluten and dairy free, I can tell that something else is stressing his system and it seems food related. For instance, he ate gluten-free millett and flax chips with hummus for his school lunch that last two days. He has been *off his rocker* ever since. Wild acting, ADD like behavior, his eyes are red, constantly getting in trouble. Before I read the book i would wonder what in the world caused him to be that way. But now, I realize that the carbs might be too much for him and is causing internal reaction. I could be wrong! But this is my gut instinct about him.

For me I have noticed that bloating has gone down. And no more pain in my belly. I am not struggling with C anymore either. My legs are weak and tired anymore and my energy has been good.

Also, you don't have to necessarily start with ONLY chicken soup for 5 days. That, I think, is what to do in the worst cases - like kids with autism and major gut related issues. Since I have been trying to work on my gut for 2 years now, I did a modified version. I had chicken soup for the first 2 days for lunch, eggs for breakfast, fruit for snacks, and a meat and veggie for dinner. All *legal* foods. I put coconut milk in the soup and the first night I noticed I had die off - which is good.

Basically she recommends that you get the kids to eat the best you can but sticking to easiest to digest foods. Then slowly introduce foods watching for reactions. The kids who seem *addicted* to carbs are usually the ones who need the diet the most. She says they go through addiction type reactions - which is good - but hard at the same time. epsom baths are recommended to help get through it.

Today I am making yogurt for the first time and i am excited!!!! I am going to start the whole family on this yogurt because its very healing. Who knows, this may do wonders for me and my son!

The yogurt is really cool because the probiotic strains that you use are specific to break down the lactose, casien, and milk proteins which cause the gut reactions. So, what you have left is a high count probiotic with lots of calcium and amino acids. I am going to use goat milk for one and raw cow milk for another.

aprilh Apprentice

Rachel,

I'm glad you finally posted! I was starting to worry!! :D It's not like you to be gone so long. I figured you were feeling frustrated with the dr's and haven't been googling as much.

That's a little frustrating that the new doc had not yet reviewed all of your history!!! :huh: But glad he is going to now and maybe you can move on. Seems like that should have enough info to proceed.

April

CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks, April. I had been on anti-fungals for a long time, but have been off them for about a month.

I restarted some of my anti-oxidant herbs today. During the crisis part I didn't want to take anything that might make me detox faster .... I certainly didn't need the cells to dump more toxins. This morning I'm finally feeling some relief.

My LLMD thought, because of my reaction to certain meds like Zith, that much of my Lyme is intracellular. I would get really sick from what seemed like a cytokine response whenever we went after that form.

I am thinking there was more tied up intracellularly than just lyme. I think I dumped a lot of it ... or sweated it out rather, LOL.

I'm breathing fine and have been off Malarone for 48 hours. Babesia is normally quick to come back. I had a bad flare up of air hunger and heart palps to the point that I considered going to the ER but thought they would do nothing and I've had these symptoms before so I wasn't concerned about it being a heart attack. Then the air hunger and heart palps cleared. I'm thinking my breathing problems were most likely mold related. My other babs symptoms all went away with babs treatment .... so I'm going to wait to talk to the PA next week before I start back on babs meds (unless symptoms return).

Today I'm still feeling pretty toxic, but I think the bath might help. Getting some coffee ready, too, didn't make it last night.

I don't know if I told you guys, my family lives in Houston. They expect a total loss on the beach house. I can't reach them right now, so don't know how they're faring in the storm, but it sounds like property damage is probably the only concern at this point. They have a generator and a freezer full of food.

AndreaB Contributor
Sounds like a good excuse to eat prunes ... I love prunes!

Yuck! Did I say Yuck!!!!

When I read the book, "Breaking the Viscious Cycle", the scientificness behind the diet *clicked* for me. I would highly recommend reading it. There is details in there about how the digestive system works particularly for carbs.

Also, you don't have to necessarily start with ONLY chicken soup for 5 days. That, I think, is what to do in the worst cases - like kids with autism and major gut related issues. Since I have been trying to work on my gut for 2 years now, I did a modified version. I had chicken soup for the first 2 days for lunch, eggs for breakfast, fruit for snacks, and a meat and veggie for dinner. All *legal* foods. I put coconut milk in the soup and the first night I noticed I had die off - which is good.

Basically she recommends that you get the kids to eat the best you can but sticking to easiest to digest foods. Then slowly introduce foods watching for reactions. The kids who seem *addicted* to carbs are usually the ones who need the diet the most. She says they go through addiction type reactions - which is good - but hard at the same time. epsom baths are recommended to help get through it.

I'll go ahead and order the book. We'd definately do a modified. Since I don't think we are in real bad shape, maybe we wouldn't have to be on it that long. I've read she recommends a year or two at least. At least I have time to learn and figure out what would be best. I know I have carb and sugar hounds here......including myself. Only I don't do that well with cereal so don't have it much. I do great with rice though and do eat a lot of that.

I don't know if I told you guys, my family lives in Houston. They expect a total loss on the beach house. I can't reach them right now, so don't know how they're faring in the storm, but it sounds like property damage is probably the only concern at this point. They have a generator and a freezer full of food.

Yikes! I hope it doesn't turn out to be a total loss!

Glad you are feeling a bit better today though. Enjoy the bath. :) I notice I smell like onions when I sweat too, obviously not so much a problem that I have to take 2 or more showers a day. :P

covsooze Enthusiast

April, does she suggest in the book what the easiest to digest foods are?

CarlaB Enthusiast

Total loss would probably be better than a partial .... just taking care of the mold alone would be a nightmare, LOL!

Well, today I thought again that I could handle driving a kid to softball. After I dropped her off I met Adam at Starbucks. When I walked in, he grabbed my arm and set me in a chair .... I asked him why he did that and he said I was staggering. I don't feel as bad, but I am having a little trouble getting around.

He's been out of town all but one night since we got the bed. Last night he was working on some paperwork till about 2AM and came to bed then. He used to sleep somewhere else if he came to bed that late because he didn't want to wake me up.

This morning he mentioned how well I was sleeping. He said it was the first time in a few years that he's "heard" me sleep, that normally if he's awake, I am because I'd wake up so easily. I have not awakened in the middle of the night since getting rid of that mattress. Time to start weaning off the sleep meds. ;) I'm sleeping 7-8 hours straight.

Family in Houston is okay .... lost a lot of trees, but everyone is safe. Don't know about the beach house, of course.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Birdy

I take mine with supplements/without or with food or without. Zeolite doesnt absorb food or meds but can actually enhance the supplements you are taking. Its cages are too small to pick up the larger molecules or atoms of good vitamins and mineral. It has a negative charge and picks up atoms at highly positive charges which are mercury, uranium or tin and so on.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Speaking of which, I went to a Zeolite seminar on Thursday and after the meeting me and 12 others went across the street to the Silver Dollar. It's a bar but I didn't drink anything. Robben West my upline asked how I was feeling. I told her I was alright. She commented that she knew I ran out of my supplements again and I said yeah. Well Rik Deitch was there and he handed me a couple of bottles of zeolite. :)

He is the biochemist and chairman of nutrapharma corp . He is a really cool guy especially after he gave me free product which is a no, no to waiora. Robben West was going to give me some Agarigus Blazai H1X1 which really does wonders to my immune system.

Rik said I need to take zinc for the copper toxicity because it balances it and not to take any minerals with copper in it for right now. Wairoa has a really good mineral and vitamin drink but it has copper in it. He also wants me on the healthy aging formula. I cant do the H1X1 because he said I'm not ready for it. But I like that one a lot. :(

So it's 30 drops of zeolite and healthy aging formula for me right now and zinc.

Rach you should have been their. He knows a lot of scientificness.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Interesting article on mold detox Open Original Shared Link

They are talking specifically about Limu, but the article also mentions other detox agents including Zeolites. What was of interest to me is the worsening of symptoms that all mold detox agents cause on the patient loaded with mold toxins.

excerpt:

Also, brown seaweed is effective in many of my mod toxic patients. Many report feeling better with it, although if they are really loaded with mold toxins, they initially feel worse on the limu which is expected. Why is it expected? Well, all the mold toxin removal substances cause a worsening of symptoms because as you pull out the toxins, you are mobilizing toxins out of deeper tissues into the bloodstream. In some cases I have noticed that symptoms seems to get much better once you have been on it for a few weeks. But for others recovery may take months to years.
mftnchn Explorer

Carla, I'm hoping for days to weeks NOT years!!!!!!!!!

Glad there is some improvement and hope it will now get steadily better. Also glad your family is okay.

Archived