This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice

I don't think I looked at mine Paula, lol. I just put them in the box (because I usually have to mail them) when I'm done with them.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confused Community Regular
I don't think I looked at mine Paula, lol. I just put them in the box (because I usually have to mail them) when I'm done with them.

Ok i guess im odd all by myself lmao Well i had to look at it to write the date on it cause i forgot lol

paula

aprilh Apprentice

Ok....so maybe I'm not too out of my mind :unsure::blink:

I checked the label and it says Aluminum Free Baking Soda. It's not baking powder. Could be a marketing ploy but I am going to do a bit of research on it anyway.

Paula,

I would be curious too! ;)

Ok....so maybe I'm not too out of my mind :unsure::blink:

I checked the label and it says Aluminum Free Baking Soda. It's not baking powder. Could be a marketing ploy but I am going to do a bit of research on it anyway.

Paula,

I would be curious too! ;)

What brand was is, i would check my baking soda, but im out right now lol.

Thank goodness im not the only curious one lmao. I even had to call my mom today and explain what my vial looked like lmao

paula

AndreaB Contributor

I think it's Bob's Red Mill aluminum free baking soda that I buy.

Regular baking soda does have aluminum in it, from everything I have learned. I don't know what process it goes through to become aluminum free though.

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Hi all,

Just thought I'd update you all. :) I'm having a mercury LED tomorrow... and I found out that I have OAS (Oral Allergy Syndrome). That's about it for now.

Birdy

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I looked up the baking soda/aluminum thing and couldnt find anything that states that sodium bicarbonate contains aluminum.

From what I read baking soda is used to make baking powder....and most baking powder contains aluminum.

Baking powder consists of baking soda, one or more acid salts (cream of tartar and sodium aluminum sulfate) plus cornstarch so unless it specifies that it is aluminum free, it will contain aluminum.

and baking soda should just be baking soda...

All baking soda is aluminum free or it wouldn't be sodium bicarbonate. The process in which is made may vary, but the final result is the same.

This site explains how baking soda is made.

Open Original Shared Link

You can buy aluminum free baking powder....or you can make your own at home. Baking soda is a standard ingredient and not the source of aluminum (from what I understand).

Baking powders without aluminum cost just a couple of cents more than standard baking powder, and the flavor of your baked goods will improve substantially.

You can also make your own single-acting baking powder: for 1 teaspoon of baking powder, mix 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar with 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch. This can be scaled up or down, proportionally. Open Original Shared Link

On Mercola's site he says to avoid "antiperspirants" which contain aluminum. He said he stopped using them 20 years ago....aluminum accumulates over time with everyday use of antiperspirants. He recommends soap and water. He said that deodorants arent as bad but avoid them unless they contain baking soda.

I'm thinking that if he is recommending baking soda as a deodorant than it should be aluminum free (the article was about dangers of aluminum).

I dont know why Bob's Red Mill would label their baking soda as "aluminum free" except maybe as a marketing strategy?? In my search it seems that alot of people get confused between baking powder and baking soda......and alot of people see that label and buy the product under the assumption that other brands must contain aluminum??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi all,

Just thought I'd update you all. :) I'm having a mercury LED tomorrow... and I found out that I have OAS (Oral Allergy Syndrome). That's about it for now.

Birdy

Good luck tomorrow Birdy!

I got pretty tired after my LED for mercury....thats about all I remember (its been about a year). I think it was pretty easy for me....I just felt a little wiped out.

Sorry about the OAS. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Paula,

I looked at my samples while I was...ummm "gathering" them. :ph34r:

After that I dont think I paid much attention.

I know that there was alot of "debris" (for lack of better description :huh: ) and I know that I purposely "gathered" in those areas...but I think most of it was just brightly colored undigested food. :rolleyes:

I'm assuming anyway because no parasites or other "bugs" ever showed up in my tests......except for C.diff toxin (which showed up once and I was treated with Flagyl).

One word about my experience with Flagyl......"HEINOUS!!!" :o:angry:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Oh....and pink is NOT having the same effect that it had last year. :unsure:

Pink is BAD :angry: .....nevertheless.....I went out and bought 2 new pink shirts tonight. :rolleyes:

Maybe the other shirts have been worn too many times....all of the "healing" may have been washed out by now. :P;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I am seeing the LLMD Carla recommended and I am starting to feel a little better. I have been there twice and spoken to them once on the phone. They are very responsive and thorough. I feel like I am in good hands now. It only took 2o years!! As I treat the Lyme and Babesia I am trying to slowly treat the methylation on my own with the Yasko limited protocol, but I only take the supplements every third day and I cut the supplements into quarters.

Nancy...Good news about feeling some improvement! Glad you are happy with Carla's Dr.....I hope you get back to posting again soon. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Jin...nice to see you too! :)

Sounds like your little bunny (who has many names :lol: ) is keeping you pretty busy!

Good luck with cutting out the sugars and getting stricter on your diet. Hopefully you will notice improvement. :)

AndreaB Contributor

Good luck with the LED tomorrow Birdy!

Hoping for an update in a couple days. :)

AndreaB Contributor

This excerpt is on Mercola's site from an interview with Dr K.

Dr. Klinghardt Sheds Light on
mftnchn Explorer

Thanks, Andrea. I've wondered about these.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Andrea.....thanks for posting the foot pad article. I still have mine....unopened in the package they came in. :rolleyes:

You can send used foot pads to a lab that will test for all sorts of toxins....including metals. Scott did this...he sent one pad in that he had used....and another one that he "prentended" to use. One pad came back positive for a bunch of toxins (pretty sure mercury was one) and the other pad was "clean".

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea,

I always figured baking soda had aluminum in it unless otherwise stated as well. :huh: I do not have a clue why they would have to add it for anything. I always wondered why they processed cocoa with alkali. It turns out, the reason is to offset bitter acidic notes in lower quality cocoa. Who knew?

Thank you for the link to Carla's blog! :) I cannot wait to read it. I have to be careful with not overworking my eyes. Double vision is making reading difficult. My thyroid is likely the culprit.

I think I have a good plan, too. :D This can happen! Cross your fingers! Everything has been quite hectic lately, since there is so much going on. Busy is something I handle better than boredom.

Those detox footpads were something I thought about trying. The article you posted was very helpful. At least they are good to help with improving your health, but not the way you would expect. Drawing metals out definitely is a lot of work. Chelation is actually the only way you can do that.

Dear April,

Do not feel bad! A lot of people confuse baking soda and powder. Their chemical make-up is actually quite different, though. Aluminum is worth avoiding. I am probably loaded with it due to using foil packets so often, as well as drinking out of soda cans more when I was younger. If I do have Lyme, aluminum will be stuck all over my body unable to escape. :(

Your son is likely moody due to the changes in his diet. Irritability is not uncommon when someone is reacting to foods they consume. Since that is the only thing that has changed, that would make sense. Has he gone back to a more strict diet yet? Little A could suffer from the ill affects for several days after removing the offending foods again. Please keep us posted about his stool test results when they come in!

Thank goodness you have a plan for Little E! Your pediatrician is a real piece of work. First, he loads your son with antibiotics, then refuses to give your daughter any in a situation she truly needs them. :rolleyes: That tick testing positive for Ehrlichia is a good enough reason alone to treat. It is a good thing you know about LLMDs in case you need one!

My plan is in place, and it will happen this time! No more trusting people! Especially relatives who have no clue about caring about others, or money. I have a new list of priorities. Doing petty crap that does not make me money or contribute to my health or the wellbeing of the animals is not important. Wow, I am proud of me. :):lol:

Dear Birdy,

We hope all goes well for your mercury LED! Please update us when you are able. Everyone is anxious to hear how the treatment goes. Getting that metal out will make a huge difference in how you feel.

Metals take such a heavy toll on you when they are trapped in your system.

That is awful about the Oral Allergy Syndrome. :( I wonder if I have that? My tongue tingles a lot. Do you have that? I know the yeast may cause that as well, though. I am allergic to the rabbit and dog, and their fur is all over the place! I love them too much and would never get rid of them. Love wins!

Dear Rachel,

I cannot wait to read the articles you provided the links for! This is interesting. I am pretty certain aluminum is troublesome for me. Even gums and candies are wrapped in it. That stuff is difficult to get away from!

RiceGuy recently sent me some fascinating information on how toxic artificial sweeteners are. I was telling him how I want to clean up my diet, and that includes avoiding aspartame and other artificial sweeteners due to their being excitotoxins. A newer natural substitute is made from chicory and orange peel. If you like, I can post the link. I am concerned about Dad, since he puts Splenda in everything after he was diagnosed with Diabetes this spring.

Mom, my brother, and I cannot tolerate Splenda. It gives us all D, gas, and bloating. I recall you mentioning some months back they were considering taking it off the market. This sounds like Olestra all over again. The FDA needs to get their act together.

That was interesting about the footpads. Scott seems to have had a productive experience with them. Everyone is different, though. If a person is unable to detox, there is no way anything would show on the footpads anyway. Someone with impaired Phase II detox pathways would not benefit from them since they are unable to release toxins naturally. This would probably stir toxins up and redistribute them.

What a bummer that pink is not working for you this year. I wonder why? That is so strange. Perhaps it needs charged in the moonlight or something? Gemstones need that sometimes. Maybe colors do as well?

I think my plan is very solid. Having the resolve is essential to accomplish it. I am now a one-woman mafia. I am the Gluten-Free Better Health Mafia. No one is allowed to screw with me!

Thank you for the well wishes for my dietary goals. I need all the help I can get! The angels will be glad to help, though. You only have to ask them to intervene. I thought about going vegetarian, but I start to feel ill for some reason if I do not eat meat. It is likely the B Vitamins.

Flagyl is heinous! The thing that is so odd is, I tolerated it well until the last time I took it. Someone told me Lyme may cause that. Strangely, the last time I took Amoxy, the same trouble occurred. <_< Both medications are used to treat Lyme. I even developed a sore throat and stiff neck for a few days that I did not have prior to starting the medication. Does that sound like a herx to you?

Yes, Boomer has many names! He has earned them all! Dart would just assume that he leaves. Boomer would rather Dart go. :lol: Of course, I would not be too crazy about my older brother if he wanted to eat me.

Dear Donna,

I hate stool tests! They are so gross! If I could choose, I would not even wipe my own booty! It is just too icky, and I am squeamish. One thing is for sure, as they said on "Scrubs", "Everything Comes Down To Poo". This is so true!

Dear Paula,

Who would not be freaked out seeing strange things in their poo? As Rachel said, it very well could be pieces of food that did not digest. That is terrible that you had to wait until today to send your stool samples in.

When you think about this, would it not be the ideal job to be a postal worker? You have so many days off!

I did not mean to scare you so much about the mold! Prior to researching the subject, I never knew how dangerous it could be. I am paranoid about mold as well. If you have a fear this profound, it is a good thing you do not live here. Seeing the crockpot Mom and Dad left to mold would horrify you. You would be in therapy for years following the exposure to such an awful image! :lol:

Sorry to hear about your days being so rough. Everyone here can relate to that completely. Sometimes, I am fine for a few hours and then feel like I have been run over by a train. Finding balance is the difficult part. You tend to overdo it when you have a good day, then you pay for it and are disabled for days afterward.

Aw, I missed you too! :wub: Everyone here is so important to me, and I have missed being on here. It feels strange being away. This is like a home. People accept you for who you are, and understand what you are dealing with. We are all sisters. Speaking of, where the heck is Julie, Kassandra, Lisa, and some of the others? I wonder how Katy is doing?

Dear Sherry,

The detox footpads sounded promising. I wanted to try them as well. The chiropractor I am seeing does not want me doing detox yet. He knows I am too fragile for that right now. Still, I am contemplating what I can do to reduce my toxic load and avoid taking in more toxins that can build up in my body.

Dear Everyone,

I did not get the chance to tell you the progress I have made on the house. I have been going through things like a white tornado. On a good day, I manage a lot. The supplements must be helping some!

Not only have I cleaned up some of the basement, but the kitchen, living room, and a small section of the garage. Next is my bedroom and more of the basement.

I saw an ad for a clerical position and applied. The salary is $10 an hour. I doubt I will get the job due to the stupid computer. It refused to let me change the cover letter, so it is not going to make me look very intelligent considering it is addressed to the wrong company. This computer is really driving me up the wall!

Sincerely,

Jin

rinne Apprentice
:) Hi all, just "driving by" and wanted to say hello, Hugs, R.
Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hi Rinne!!

Hope you are doing well. :)

Hey....so I got the Mercola newsletter with the article Andrea posted.

It says that no toxins show up in the pads. :huh:

I had to go back to LymeNet to check posts from people who use them and have had them tested. Some people have posted their results...with lots of toxins showing up. :huh:

Apparantly there arent any labs checking for every toxin in foot pads because it would be pretty costly...so the place that tests them does it with some type of energetic testing. Scott posted it but I forgot what it was exactly.

So he made one pad appear to be used but only put filtered water on it. The other one he wore. They came back with totally different results...so one was positive for lots of toxins and the other one wasnt.

I guess he's also tested them himself (energetically) and the unused pads dont test positive while the used ones do.

I think they must pull out toxins....but I dont know how much and if its enough to really make a difference.

I still have mine (the same brand Scott uses). I dont want to try them until I start detoxing better (in case the ingredients make me sick :rolleyes: ). I think it would be cool to either send the pads in for testing or to have them energetically tested here. Of course one pad has to be worn and the other one will only *look* like I wore it. ;):D

nora-n Rookie

artificialsweeteners=bad.Here is someone testing them (and the coffee tested good) Open Original Shared Link

(I am reading about biotensors= einhandruten in german)

AndreaB Contributor

Hi Rinne!!!! Always good to see you. :D

Not that you'll see this. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I had another thought about the foot pads.

The average person sweats out about a pint....every night. Its hard to believe...but yeah...a whole pint. :blink:

I would imagine that some of its coming out in the feet....naturally...even without a foot pad.

So sweat contains water and toxins.....and that would be absorbed in the pad....even if the pad isnt actually "pulling" anything out.

I guess if we're sweating there should be some toxins coming out right? Even if the pads dont work it doesnt seem like the pads would be totally free of toxins like the news reporters were saying.

I'm not really sure if the pads pull out toxins (and especially metals) but I think we would detox some of it naturally....and the pad would probably absorb some.

A pint of sweat is alot....and those of us who are toxic tend to sweat even more at night.

The thing I wonder about though is that when people start using the pads....they are usually pretty black and dirty looking...but after using them consistently for a period of time....they get lighter and lighter. So to me that says that the pads must be doing something. :unsure:

Its interesting....but I really have no idea. :lol:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rinne,

It is so nice to see you! :) We have all missed you so much! Business must be booming. When can we order Rinne Bars? I would like a warehouse, please. ;)

Dear Rachel,

This is quite confusing about the detox foot pads. I do believe they must do something. I was thinking the same thing you were. Whenever we sweat, it releases toxins. The data is likely skewed on this, since it is a natural means of healing. The FDA will be sure to attempt to discredit anything that could cut into their profits for medications and deadly pills. :angry:

There is something else that is important to think about here. If they do not help with detoxification, why do people who have used them have reactions? The only time this occurs is when toxins begin to be pulled out, particularly heavy metals. Detox footpads are bound to do some sort of toxin removal if this is the case. This is especially so for individuals who sweat a lot.

I am not surprised about the average person sweating out a pint per day. In fact, I sweat a lot. My hands, under my arms, and feet are often dripping even when I am not hot! Dad and my brother sweat like this, too. My Thyroid is hyper, which makes it worse.

Dear Nora,

Thank you for the link to the YouTube video! That was fascinating! :o Those books would be nice to get a hold of. I am not surprised at all by the results. I am even more determined to get off of the Sweet'n Low now!

I put two packets in my coffee every single day! :blink: Up until that point, it is very healthy. Just knowing coffee has a dramatic reduction in its energy field from 993 to a 9 is significant proof of how deadly these excitotoxins actually are. I will be sure to share this video with others. I cannot help but be extremely concerned about Dad, because he eats so much of that Splenda, he should have Cancer and God knows what else in record time! :unsure:

Dear Andrea,

You are right, Rinne probably will not see it! She is so busy! It is the thought that counts, right? :P Well, we tried! I cannot believe how quiet it is on here! Where has everyone gone?

Sincerely,

Jin

I will catch up later. I never left my bed yesterday, what a way to spend your birthday lol. Hubby and I decided to party it up on the 13th, so needless to say I was so sick all day yesterday. We are doing an make up birthday for me this weekend with no alcohol lmao

paula

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Paula,

I am so sorry to hear your birthday was lousy. I have been sick on my birthday a lot, so I always dread my birthday. Maybe your make-up celebration will be better! Happy late birthday! Take it easy.

Sincerely,

Jin

P.S. I see you Mia!

Archived