This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Susan, what team is yours? :) Then we'll talk.... :)

ha ha ha ha it's not MY team....it's my ex-boyfriend's OBSESSION....and they're doing SO badly this year....longest losing streak in Bulldog (Fresno State) history, I believe. This is HUGE for this town....I believe the coach will leave or be asked to leave after this. Fresno State fans are a VERY impassioned bunch......the pressure will be too great for him. Funny thing, I predicted the outcome of this season....I have done this before with the 'Dogs, when I was dating a basketball player in 1983...I am a lucky charm...the 'Dogs WON the NIT that year. So.....break up with me and look what happens :lol::lol::P:lol::lol::P:lol::lol::P:lol::lol:

Yes, there's nothign else going on in this stinkin' town, hence the BULLDOG mania...... <_<

Okay back on topic....

I don't have anything on topic, except I am utterly miserable today, does that count? So much yardwork and productivity and errands and cleaning, and, not a modicum of pleasure in any of it. :( don't worry about it though....this too shall pass. :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

Bev,

Defineately do get tested through Igenix if at all possible. Something like Lyme just shouldnt go undiagnosed. Also with Lyme there can be times of feeling better....times of feeling worse. Symptoms come...symptoms go. Its a really dufficult disease to diagnose.

It seems so obvious now....knowing all that I know and looking back at how this all likely came to be.

I look back though and I dont see how I possibly could have thought about Lyme...or even thought about that weird bite causing all this 2 years later and then continuing for the past 4 years....making my life a living hell. When I had the flu-like symptoms it was definately different from any other cold or flu I'd ever had. It was VERY memorable. Its weird but I remember it like it just happened. Of course after it passed I had thought I had gotten a virus....no big deal. I am convinced this is when I was infected. The bulls eye showed up after the flu-like thing...cant recall exactly how long after but that bite hung around for a few weeks at least.

There is no way I could see myself connecting all those things at the time...especially since I felt fine for 2 years after that. Maybe if the symptoms and bite had shown up together and immediately after Tahoe I might have clued in....but probably not. Everything happened seperately and it started days after I'd already gotten back from Tahoe.

If you had Lyme you would react to mold more than the average person would. Thats what my Dr. said....he told me to never get around mold cuz it will make me alot worse. I already know...been there...done that...I got severely depressed and ended up in tears when I was at my friends moldy house.

I think Lyme has some kind of stupifying effect in its' initial attack, a vagueness overtakes you, confusion

Rinne...I had to laugh

Ummm...yeah....Lyme has definately "stupified" me....and not just in the initial attack.

I believe I may be permantly stupified :unsure: ....I'm confused and yes, vagueness...it takes over me everyday.

I dunno how much of it is just me but I tend to blame every stupifying moment on the stupid Lyme bug. :rolleyes:

rinne Apprentice
43. feelings of hopelessness

No ****! I sometimes think that is the worst of it. :(

I think though that something very special is happening here, I trust that we have been drawn together somehow across the world, Mango I am thinking of you :) , and I know that life and light are a powerful force that we can trust. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
;)

OMG Julie, do you want me to get you a date with R??? because, if he heard a sentence like that come out of you, I think he would.....well he would go so far as to THINK about marrying you (that's about as far as he can get).... :lol::lol::lol:

ROFL... :lol::lol:

OMG...I was thinking the same thing about Julies post!! Ummm...well sort of....wasnt really thinking as far ahead as setting her up with R. :lol::lol:

I was just like "Wow...did that sentence just come out of Julie....our very own queen greeter." :blink:

AndreaB Contributor

Boy, so much going on......

Let see,

Susan,

Yah Bulldogs (for losing so well)!!! :lol::lol: Better tell any future boyfriend that you are bad luck if they are sports fans and break up with you. :P:lol::o

Donna,

Ouch! I hate those kind of car repairs. Never ending bills.....I know how you feel. I put all our stuff on credit card so I get to stress about making payments until who knows when. I still have to have 4 crowns done, probably next fall after I pay off most of the cc debt we currently have. Nothing like paying down and charging right back up. Hope our car doesn't cause us any problems. We have the 45k service we need to get done. :ph34r:

Bev,

That does sound fishy (or should I say, ticky?). Please find a way to get tested.

Rachel,

Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it? It's amazing how you can start to put the pieces together now isn't it?

Laura,

How are you doing?

Judy,

I do hope you'll get a chance to talk to your doctor soon about lyme testing.

Julie,

Hi! Hope all is well with you.

Patti, Donna, Susan.....whoever talked about muir glen,

I don't have problems with them, but I don't have multiple sensitivities, hopefully I won't develop them. Have developed enough intolerances.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. :unsure::ph34r:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
However, I had my hair done yesterday and my hairdresser said I could maybe sell a few of my bracelets there! :)

That is WAY cool Donna!!

How exciting....OMG...I'll have to go down there and buy one!! :D

I'll be like...."No...I dont need a haircut...could you please direct to Donna's bracelets though!!" Yeah...I'll have 20...gonna mail them to all my R-Ville buddies!

About the car stuff....THAT SUCKS!! :(

When it rains it pours...thats how it always happens for me too. Still looking forward to hearing about your appt.'s though.

:lol: Susie, no thanks. I like a guy into sports, but you don't paint a pretty picture of his other qualities :unsure: I think he is better off by himself with his Bulldogs :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah....he's better off with his sucky football team that cant even win ONE game!! :P

AndreaB Contributor

That's right....I forgot to say something about the bracelets. I can't blame it on brain fog.....hmmmm will have to think of something. :unsure:

That's great Donna, about the bracelets! :P:D:)B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TheDave Newbie
Do you guys think I should be worried about my joints and stuff like that with this kind of work? I'm gonna ask the Dr. exactly what Lyme does to the joints...is it bad to be giving my body a workout or not.

Rach, considering you said you feel worse when you first wake up and better @ work (when you're doing all this activity), I would say you don't need to worry about it. To quote youre doctor.... "you have to listen to what your body is telling you" (which you somehow misconstrued to "you can eat all the ice cream you want")..... hehe. You never remember what to ask the doctor.... i know i know, lyme = short term memory loss, so maybe you should keep a log/journal of all these questions throughout the month.

Ummm...yeah....Lyme has definately "stupified" me....and not just in the initial attack.

I believe I may be permantly stupified :unsure: ....I'm confused and yes, vagueness...it takes over me everyday.

I dunno how much of it is just me but I tend to blame every stupifying moment on the stupid Lyme bug. :rolleyes:

hmm, I don't even think I have to say anything here.... you all know what I'm thinking.... :lol:

Donna,

That does suck about your car, sorry to hear! $400 is the price of a really nice set of shocks/struts for most cars. Obviously most the money you will spend is on labor of getting everything off to get to the struts, so while it's off you might want to replace both of them at the same time. Might be a tiny bit more but it will save $$ in the long run. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
To quote youre doctor.... "you have to listen to what your body is telling you" (which you somehow misconstrued to "you can eat all the ice cream you want")..... hehe.

ROFL... :lol:

Ummm...hello...he did say I could eat the ice cream if my body likes it. B)

I'm listening to my body and it seems to me that it really freakin loves ice cream! :D

lindalee Enthusiast
Soaking in the epson salts sounds nice--thanks Lee I'm fine with potatoes, maybe it's just those two nightshades?

And thank you Susan for finding the bright side in all this! :lol:

Could be the 2 together...is it any better? Hope so.

Mtndog Collaborator
ROFL... :lol:

Ummm...hello...he did say I could eat the ice cream if my body likes it. B)

I'm listening to my body and it seems to me that it really freakin loves ice cream! :D

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Are we having a spat here? (I Love that word!)

Donna- Boo on the car!

Susie- Yeah on the painting and I'm glad the Bulldogs got CRUSHED. :D

Patti et al- I HATE Muir Glen Ttomatoes. I don't know what it is about them, but I react EVERY time. I actually was convinced they had gluten in them at one point :ph34r: Obviously they don't, but I can eat any oter kind of tomato sauce or product, even salsa and I'm fine but Muir Glen makes me feel horrid. :(

Judy- I think we all know #43 too well. Hhang in there, little tomato (no, not a Muir glen little tomato :P ). we're all gonna get there! :wub::wub:

I was thinking of calling my physiatrist who was the one who told me if I had fibromyalgia he was CONVINCED it was secondary to something else. When I saw him again, I told him I was feeling better and tought the problem had been soy. I wonder if he would do the testing. Do you just walk in there and say I want to be tested through Igenix (because insurance doesn't cover Igenix anyway, does it?).

I still feel yucky this a.m. headache, achey, exhausted. Rrachel- i'm likre you....I feel worse in the a.m.

lindalee Enthusiast
LOL!! :lol: No, what I mean is, I live in a new city ... so I'm meeting people for the first time. It'd be totally different if I still lived where I used to live, everyone already knew me ... they'd tease me about it, and it'd make it easier.

For detox, my doc did a hair analysis which revealed my metabolism. She's having me eat according to that, plus take supplements that I need. I also drink nothing but pure water or herbal tea (mostly detox tea) and take saunas every day. No sugar, alcohol, or caffeine (even no decaf coffee).

From what I've read, detox WILL make you feel bad, and this is what I'm experiencing. First you will start feeling better, then when your body has enough energy, it will detox as detoxing takes energy. When it gets to this stage, you need lots of rest, food as much as desired (which might not be much) ... basically, treat yourself as if you're sick. You will get better, then when you've built up enough energy, you will detox more. This is the cycle I'm seeing. Here's what the lab my doc uses says. Open Original Shared Link

I don't know anything about iridology, but I can tell you my irises are clearing up. Even one of my kids have noticed. This started as soon as I got off gluten. My eyes are becoming much blue-er.

Carla, thanks for the site. Want to find out what those phytate foods to avoid are.

rinne Apprentice

Many things to do today to get ready for leaving tomorrow. Andrea you had asked what day my appointment was, I have them every day this next week, actually I have seven appointments and then the last day there is a six hour seminar on the Seven Levels of Healing.

Truthfully, I am feeling a little wary of some of this nuwavo stuff, not so much the alternative medical testing but a connection this clinic has to one of those $1,300.00 weekend seminars that those who can afford it, or those who aspire to afford it, attend to be reassured that desiring to be obscenely wealthy is not a problem at all. I'm going to go with the Bible on this one, isn't there a rich man, camel and needle story? LOL

I looked at the questionaire I must fill out, it is insanely detailed and of course I have left it to the last and am I really going to try and paint my living room ceiling today? We are having a huge party next Saturday night and no one but me will notice. LOL My poor sweetie, you can probably guess I am on a tear. Really strong coffee first thing in the morning.

rinne Apprentice

For anyone who caught my rant and now sees it is gone I removed it because it seemed far off topic, not that we don't wander but I figured why wander there from here? Sorry for any confusion. I will post some version over at Daily Strength which seems a more appropriate spot.

AndreaB Contributor
Many things to do today to get ready for leaving tomorrow. Andrea you had asked what day my appointment was, I have them every day this next week, actually I have seven appointments and then the last day there is a six hour seminar on the Seven Levels of Healing.

Truthfully, I am feeling a little wary of some of this nuwavo stuff, not so much the alternative medical testing

I'm wary of a lot of alternative medicine stuff too. Keep your eyes open. Is this where you are going to get your testing through Igenix?

Sounds like a busy week.

Don't you love those thought provoking, how am I supposed to remember that questionnaires?

Try to get some rest today....kinda hard if you want to paint the ceiling though, as well as pack.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Do you just walk in there and say I want to be tested through Igenix (because insurance doesn't cover Igenix anyway, does it?).

Bev, my insurance covers 50%. I dont have great coverage right now because I wanted an open plan...it has the least coverage but I can see whomever I want. I needed to do that at least until I got an idea of everything thats going on with me. If I stay wihin the PPO I'm covered 75% but this doc I'm seeing right now is non-PPO.

Wow Rinne....a busy week ahead for you. I didnt realize you had so many appt.'s coming up. I hope you get something out of all of them. :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Rinne, a giant party????? what were you thinking? :lol: no, don't paint the ceiling, just serve more wine, nobody will notice.

What about contacting Igenix directly and asking them which doctors in your area will use them for testing?

just a thought.....

so let's talk about forgetfulness and brain fog, can we? this week...I bought some sweats and brought them home, could never find them again....turned the house upside down and finally quit looking - found them yesterday sort of near the laundry basket. Left my credit card in not one but TWO stores....left the painting in the back seat for dingo to trample....and went to take my toaster oven back to Target....got to the entrance of the store, looked down, and it was in the wrong box. Also put a container of cooked veggies in the pantry instead of fridge, and a loaf of bread that was to be frozen into a cupboard.....

Folks....this kind of stuff is happening more and more.....and there is more to tell, but I FORGOT. :huh::(

CarlaB Enthusiast
Rinne, a giant party????? what were you thinking? :lol: no, don't paint the ceiling, just serve more wine, nobody will notice.

What about contacting Igenix directly and asking them which doctors in your area will use them for testing?

just a thought.....

so let's talk about forgetfulness and brain fog, can we? this week...I bought some sweats and brought them home, could never find them again....turned the house upside down and finally quit looking - found them yesterday sort of near the laundry basket. Left my credit card in not one but TWO stores....left the painting in the back seat for dingo to trample....and went to take my toaster oven back to Target....got to the entrance of the store, looked down, and it was in the wrong box. Also put a container of cooked veggies in the pantry instead of fridge, and a loaf of bread that was to be frozen into a cupboard.....

Folks....this kind of stuff is happening more and more.....and there is more to tell, but I FORGOT. :huh::(

It happens to the best of us! When Morgan was home, she'd have these complicated scenarios she'd try to tell me. I'd just look at her trying to figure out in my mind what she was talking about. She'd say, "Mom, you're not getting this, are you?" I'd tell her to keep it REALLY SIMPLE, just the necessary details. I find I have a little trouble carrying on conversations at times. I forget the point. Things are getting better daily. It's totally unlike me to not want to talk to people, I'm generally VERY social, but I'm finding that I'm not getting out and being social like I used to. I hope to keep getting better with this as life right now is really boring.

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

Oops. :ph34r:

What a week for you.

I don't have a brain fog excuse for anything......can I use a kid fog excuse? :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Susan,

Oops. :ph34r:

What a week for you.

I don't have a brain fog excuse for anything......can I use a kid fog excuse? :lol:

blame it on homeschooling!!

Mtndog Collaborator

Rinne- I read your rant and honestly, it wasn't really that off-topic. A friend of mine said, regarding us abandoning our apartment because of mold, how sad it would be for people in a similar situation who DIDN'T have the resources to get out of a situation like that.

PS I can't watch Oprah anymore either :ph34r:

I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER ALL OVER!

Green12 Enthusiast

Hi everybody! Just a brief drive by.......

Bev, what? You can't watch Oprah anymore? Please explain....

rinne, I missed your rant but you know you can always spill it here :lol: Good luck with all of your appointments next week, I hope they are very fruitful! And of course, as always, keep us posted :)

Susie, sorry about the brain fog :( and I'm sorry I laughed at your stories :ph34r:, but even your brain fog moments are comical and give me the giggles :lol:

Carla, that is so great to hear that you are feeling better and better with every day. What a change from just a month or so ago :)

Sorry I blew all your minds yesterday with my football talk :lol::lol::lol:

....and on that note, I am off to watch my Benny BooBoo and the Steelers!!!

I "wub" you all :wub:

jerseyangel Proficient

I've been painting the deck and working outside all day, but I wanted to say Hi :) and to thank everyone for the input on the tomatoes. Needless to say, that brand is off my list! The itching and burning is much better so all is good there.

I've been considering getting the Enterolab gene test done--for 2 reasons. First, I'd like to know for my self which genes I have--and if it matches up with the neuro symptoms. (I never had any Celiac blood work done, only the biopsy) Also because it may spur more members of my family to be tested. I've got to light a fire under them somehow :D

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

CarlaB Enthusiast
I've been considering getting the Enterolab gene test done--for 2 reasons. First, I'd like to know for my self which genes I have--and if it matches up with the neuro symptoms. (I never had any Celiac blood work done, only the biopsy) Also because it may spur more members of my family to be tested. I've got to light a fire under them somehow :D

Patti, that would be interesting. I have yet to meet a biopsy diagnosed celiac who knows their genes and doesn't have a celiac gene. I keep asking ... because I'm curious if someone with a positive biopsy could have gluten intolerant genes only. I had classic celiac symptoms (GI was positive it was celiac, but tested for other things that might go along with it -- of course, all that changed as soon as my biopsy came back negative). I have two DQ1 -- gluten intolerant genes.

I'd place money on it that you have at least one celiac gene ... but with neuro symptoms maybe you also have a gluten intolerant gene.

It would actually be very interesting.

AndreaB Contributor

Patti,

I'd be curious too. I always like to read what genes people have. :ph34r:

I know, strange.

Archived