This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Wow, I was so happy to read the news today! (except for you Carla, so sorry you're not feeling well...get lots of rest and hopefully this, too, shall pass....soon). Rachel - great appointment and such scientificness! I eagerly await the rest.

Dave - always nice to see you .....yeah, it was WAY more than 50 pages ago...... ;)

too much to do today. Will check in later....happy day, everyone! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor
Andrea - If you have any symptoms such as headaches, stomach problems, skin problems, airborne allergies, etc.. you will want to lay off the milk. Even small IgE can be huge problems over time and there is no guarantee that one day you won't go into full anaphactic shock.

I wouldn't worry about eggs crossing with chicken or milk crossing with beef. It is rare that this occurs, as the usual allergens in eggs and milk don't make it into the muscle of the animal. Though I would remove any "feather" or "Down" products from the bed of the person with the egg issues, as those are usually linked airborne-to-food allergies.

If you want help developing a "safe list" of foods to cook with for your family, I'll be glad to help. I've done this several times for others.

I don't eat anything dairy anymore. Neither does the rest of the family. We were reading stuff on dogtorj.net and weren't too interested in staying with it, despite the allergy/intolerances.

We don't have down/feather products for the most part. Have to check a couple things.

Glad to know that we don't have to give up chicken or beef.....don't know what I'd do then.

I'll be sure to holler if I get stuck. I'm just in the beginning of this. I'm starting with typing out the families of the foods we are reactive to. I may need help after that though....

Rachel--24 Collaborator
i'm being ordered to nap by my mom. (yes, I am 25 and married and still listen to my mom!)

Yeah...my mom orders me to bed just about every night....I dont listen though....she gets very upset with me. :( Hopefully she will not read your post cuz I can hear her now "See Rachel...that girl listens to her mom and goes to sleep when her mom tells her to." :ph34r:

Today...I dont even have to be told....I'm going to bed before she even gets home. :D

Carla,

Sorry you are feeling bad today....hope you bounce back soon enough.

Laura,

Glad your appt. went well...cant wait to hear more.

Andrea....WOAH...just saw all your new intolerances. Thats alot of food to avoid but just think.....it could be worse....you could be me and in that case you wouldnt be able to eat *anything*. I would trade lists with you any day. :P

Susan,

What is up with you? Are you ok from the donut binge? Is it true that you are feeling better after eating donuts?? I am very confused. :unsure:

Oh...I love the new pic. :)

Is it Annie with you??

Donna,

The HN office is very inviting and cozy isnt it?? I liked everyone there. Cant say the feeling was mutual though...I think I might have driven them crazy with all of my "theories". :rolleyes:

Thanks to The Dave for filling you guys in a bit...I'm way too tired.

At the end of the appt. When I started crying a little I told the lady how I was just overwhelmed by how all this could happen to me when I was always so healthy....incredibly healthy....and now this. :(

The lady said to picture a healthy animal that gets attacked by a pack of lions that were preying on it. They grabbed the animal by the behind and dragged it down....there is no way that animal is gonna shake off those lions and be OK all by itself. It just wont happen.

She said thats what happened to me...I got Lyme and Candida both on my a$$ and dragging me down.....No way can I shake them off w/out alot of help. She said no matter what I do or try to do I wont shake them off because my immune system just isnt strong enough....mainly because my body is extremely toxic now. I cant take any of the things that will help my immune system get stronger. She said Vitamin C and magnesium are essential for fighting these guys and helping my immune system but I'm reacting to them so they can only make things worse right now.

Also...sulphur....I knew I had a problem with it. Its a BIG problem....I think she said this will be one of the first things she addresses. We need sulphur...its important and my body isnt metabolizing it....however its suppossed to be functioning in my body....its not working and needs to be fixed or I cant fight the bad guys.

There was something else....cant remember cuz I'd never heard of it until last night. Started with an "M"....thats not functioning either...another thing thats gotta be working if I'm gonna get better. Its something to do with the liver I think. I dunno....there was soooo much stuff. :unsure:

Oh....I found it on my paperwork. Methionine and Sulphur pathways...I think they are blocked or something....anyways its not a good thing for my body.....gotta get it working right again so that I can detox properly.

She said heavy metal treatment will be last because of the importance of everything to be functioning properly so as not to "redistribute" the toxic metals throughout the body. They have to be able to be excreted and right now my body wont do that....I would end up worse.

Some of the big things that are problems I had already figured out on my own but didnt know what it all meant. Those things are sulpher, all B vitamins, oils (she couldnt find a single one I could tolerate), fat metabolism, reacting to Folate....thats about all I can remember right now.

I reacted to all kinds of strains of Lyme bacteria...this was how she confirmed the Lyme diagnosis.

I reacted to all the various candida strains too.

Last week I posted that I took a supplement and reacted to it badly. I brought it with me and when she tested it she said "Oh no.....this one goes on the shelf....you wont be taking that one." Yeah....my body hated it. <_< It was Vit. C...I brought alot of other supplements too. There was another Vit. C that she said I can tolerate in very small amounts. Thats pretty much how it went w/ all the supplements. A couple were very bad...the rest would make me react if I took more than a miniscule amount daily. She wrote the exact doses of what my body can handle on each supplement....it was way lower than what I had tried previously.

She said some people get so chemically sensitive that they cant live in their homes. One woman lived away from her husband for 7 years.....she couldnt live with him because she was too sensitive....couldnt be around other people. I feel that way sometimes too....it sucks. :(

After she treated the woman she was able to go away on a vacation with her husband. They stayed in a hotel (chemicals and all) and she didnt react....she was ok. :o

Her husband had stuck by her the whole time even though he couldnt be around her.....I thought that was pretty amazing story. :)

Is Rinne gone from her computer all week? The woman knew so much about Lyme and the Klinghart (sp?) protocol that Rinne talks about.....I think she would be interested in alot of the Lyme info. we discussed.

I asked the lady if Lyme could have done all this to me. She said NO...people can have Lyme for years and not be sick or even know they have it. Its opportunistic though....it will get worse when the immune defenses are down....when other stressors come into play. She said I would have already been becoming overly toxic from the Lyme...even w/out symptoms. The mercury from the dental work was probably the straw that broke the camels back...also antibiotics, stress...diet...everything dragged me down further.

I have alot of bad stuff on my back now...she said candida by itself (w/out Lyme) can cause all my symptoms and problems....some people have the same problems and no Lyme Disease.

Since I have both its more of a challenge. They're both dragging me down.....they both also LOVE mercury. Lyme has some kind of affinity for mercury.....she said the presence of mercury will really exacerbate the Lyme. I've read the same about candida....it will proliferate when there is mercury toxicity.

Her main focus is to get my immune system strong enough to fight these guys...she'll do it by getting my body to detox....unblocking these blocked pathways that arent working and getting me to tolerate more foods and essential stuff like Vit. C and magnesium.

Right now I cant even do the Vit C/salt protocol for Lyme....she said if I wasnt reacting to Vit. C I could be doing stuff like this to help with the Lyme. She said whatever treatment they decide on as far as Lyme....whether its traditional (antibiotics) or something else....her job will be to get my immune system strong enough to fight the candida and Lyme alongside the treatment.

She knows a person who trained under Dr. Klinghardt...cant rememeber the name right now.....maybe The Dave can help???

Anyways this person specializes in Lyme and I'm wondering if Rinne has read anything about this person....I dont even know if its a male or female.....bad brainfog yesterday. :ph34r:

This Dr. is in Seattle Washington but comes to our area every 3 months...next visit will be in Dec.....she said I can book an appt. to see this Dr. if I want. The Dr. is all about Lyme Disease. I will have to ask Dave about the name cuz its bugging me that I cant remember. :(

She said I can have kids and live a normal life where I wont be thinking about these things anymore....she said I can be totally normal again but not "cured" of Lyme. It will be under control and managed but she will not say it can ever be cured.

OMG...an hour has passed...I must go to bed. I will remember more tomorrow and I'll post what I remember....Dave can fill in blanks if he wants....God knows there are plenty of "blanks" right now. :rolleyes:

I don't think the cat's out of the bag though, Rachel still doesn't see it. :rolleyes:

Haha.....actually...I'm not so "blind" anymore. I "get it" now....I'm totally clued in. ;)

It just takes me awhile.....I'm a bit slooooooow. :P

:lol::lol:

Still laughing about this.....Carla....do I seem that naive???

OK..maybe in the beginning but heck....I do catch on eventually. B)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Haha.....actually...I'm not so "blind" anymore. I "get it" now....I'm totally clued in. ;)

Well, before you said you were that naive and that you didn't see it ... since you never corrected us, I thought maybe it was still the case!! :lol::lol: Glad you caught on, seems like a great guy!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Well, before you said you were that naive and that you didn't see it ... since you never corrected us, I thought maybe it was still the case!! :lol::lol:

Naaaw....I'm just a little shy sometimes. :ph34r:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Yea ... now I'm laughing!!! :lol::lol::lol: Shy people don't have 500 page threads!!!

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

Sounds like your appointment went better than we dreamed. Lots of info that will take some time to assimilate. I'm glad that you will be able to start working with this lady and your doctor to start to get better. We'll be cyber holding your hand as you go. :)

I think Dave seems like a great guy too. :D

Yea ... now I'm laughing!!! :lol::lol::lol: Shy people don't have 500 page threads!!!

It's easier to be outgoing behind a computer screen. :ph34r:

She's just a super friendly gal that we all like.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Oh....I forgot...the lady said whatever I do...do NOT get a flushot.....she said unless I wanna get a whole lot worse from mercury dont get a flushot! Ummm...I'm thinking I'll pass on the flushot. <_<

I never get sick anyway.....it was proven on the test last night...she tested all these viruses and stuff like that and I didnt react to any of them.... she said my immune stystem kicks all of their butts. Yup....its true....I very rarely catch a cold....even with all this other drama going on...I can still beat a cold like nobodys business. B)

The other thing....antibiotics. She said dont take them anytime soon unless I wanna make the Candida situation alot worse. Ummm...it sounds pretty bad already so I think I'll pass on those too. ;)

Ok...geeez..my mom is home and I'm not in bed. :ph34r:

Goodnight all....

Tomorrow I'll tell you what she said about my daily pints of ICE CREAM. :o

Hugs to all.

:wub:

P.S.

Yes...Dave is a really great guy. :)

Hehe....in person I'm shy.....used to be REALLY shy but in the past several years I've gotten over it somewhat. Once I get to know someone though....theres no stopping me. :D

I've gotten to know you guys soooooo...there is no stopping me....hence the 500 pages. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Tomorrow I'll tell you what she said about my daily pints of ICE CREAM. :o

Good night!! Better listen to Mom ...

Did she call it "candida food"??? :(

Did this test have something to do with your hands? My doc was talking about a test she's going to be getting that has something to do with your hands ... I didn't fully understand it. She said many considered it more informative than a hair analysis and instead of having a follow-up hair analysis, she wanted me to do this test in a couple months.

AndreaB Contributor

I'll be waiting for the ice cream story too.

Sounds like you may be onto something Carla. :P (with the ice cream)

dlp252 Apprentice

To make it unamimous...I think Dave is pretty nifty myself, lol. Glad you "got" it finally Rachel, lol.

Wow, what is this about flu shots and mercury??? I'll be getting a flu shot on November 13...should I not with mercury coursing through my whole body, lol. :P

Just got back from seeing Dr. Adams, the Mercury dentist. Yep, he's pretty certain I'm suffering from some sort of mercury toxicity. He said it's been a long time since he'd seen so many of the symptoms checked of the questionnaire they give you, lol. So, I'll be getting me some amalgams removed. That's the good news. The bad news is that he can't see through my gold crowns (and even the porcelain one I just had put on), so they will have to be removed to see if there is any amalgam under there. :( Lordy, they gave me an estimate of what it would cost to replace the whole deal....um, I could almost buy a little car with that, lol. Not sure how I'm going to afford it, but I think it's important. I asked if they had a payment plan, which they do...I think I'd rather do it slowly though, a few months apart maybe that way I don't have to have more outstanding debt. The first installment alone is quite hefty...not sure I have any benefit left for this year after the stupid crown and root canal. :( He'll do a quadrant at a time...in my case that's hefty, lol, since I have so many darned crowns and fillings. He was amazed that I had amalgam in my two front teeth...he said they don't usually use amalgam there...of course they don't, lol. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I really liked him...there was a question about rage...I answered "only when I drive" which he got a real kick out of.

He even thinks my itchy legs might be related...says it can happen...and since nothing else seems to be working, what the heck. :lol:

He had some not very nice things to say about my other dental work and some not very nice things to say about the fact that I was on so many antibiotics over a three year period. I have to get my latest xrays from my dentist's office...there's that breakup thing again, lol. :lol:

:lol: by-the way Rachel, he asked who referred me and I said Rachel from the Internet. He said he knew who you were, lol. :lol::lol::lol::lol: (Psst...I don't think he REALLY did, lol). And, yes I really thought the HN offices were great...well, had a momentary fleeting stress point when I pulled up in the parking lot and realized that one of our clients is located in the building, lol. Just can't get away from that darned work, lol. :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

Sorry, thought of more, lol.

He also said that the mercury vapor can seep up and do awful things to the sinuses...um, gosh bet that's why I've had such terrible sinus problems for the last 5 years and why all the allergy treatments, etc. haven't helped that much, and why my infections got better after going gluten/casein free, but the sinuses still aren't clear.

He said my timeline fits...that mercury toxicity is cumulative and that it makes sense that I'd be getting steadily worse as time goes on.

Oh, and he said that he does the removal very carefully cuz his face will be >this< close to mine and he doesn't want to breathe it, lol. :lol: Actually he said he wrote the protocol for safe removal which was accepted by some organization or other...I can't remember things worth a darn. I need a Dave, lol!

Green12 Enthusiast

I think I might shed a tear....

A tear of joy and happiness and omg it's about time :lol::lol:

Rachel, I couldn't be happier for you :D . FINALLY you are getting answers and help to turn this nightmare all around.

Great scientificness, I knew about the cadida and mercury connection, that when you have one you have the other. My naturopath even said the candida mulitplies as a protective mechanism against the mercury, only when immunity is down the body can't handle the overload, so havoc is wreaked.

Donna, interesting. Wouldn't that be something if the mercury was the cause of your mystery leg itching :o I'm glad you are taking the first step to get the mercury out, it will be a process, and not cheap :lol: , but I agree in the long run, worth it for your health.

And I am on the Dave bandwagon too :lol: Go Dave, go Dave, go Dave.......

Green12 Enthusiast
hey ladies,

I am home, but am so exhausted. I was at NIH in appts for over three hours, plus travel, check in---plus horribly sick this morning (had to stop at a gas station for the bathroom--was in there for 20 min...great).

there were positives and negatives....but I promise to write more later. i'm being ordered to nap by my mom. (yes, I am 25 and married and still listen to my mom!)

xoxo,

Laura

Laura, I'm sorry about your challenging day :(

This might be a dumb question, but what is NIH?

Hope you got some rest :)

Simply V, thanks for that other link. All very interesting.

CarlaB Enthusiast

NIH is the National Institute of Health.

Green12 Enthusiast
NIH is the National Institute of Health.

Ok, thanks Carla :lol:

happygirl Collaborator

x

AndreaB Contributor

Laura,

I'm sorry it was such an exhausting and emotional day for you.

Get some rest and hopefully tomorrow will be better.

That's great that your hubby can come back for a few days again and that your mom is there to help you out. Are you putting in full days?

TheDave Newbie

Thanks Dave, you made me laugh and I needed it. Tough day health-wise today ... Glad you are taking Rachel to her appts. I saw the e-flirting the first day you showed up! :P I don't think the cat's out of the bag though, Rachel still doesn't see it. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure she see's it now ;)

Would it make sense that this is detox?

I think it could fit the puzzle. Detox'ing from anything can be very hard on your body. Depending on what you are detox'ing, it can pull certain toxins that were "hibernating" right through the middle of everything; hence, making you a little sick from it. Detox can make you much worse than you were before, but is usually worth it when you're done. I hope you feel better!

Dave,

If you're still on.....did you get some pictures taken of the pups?

No, I was dumb and forgot....must have been my....uh....brainfog, yea! (That's a good excuse....yea)

Hard to be excited when you're dead tired and getting up at the most ungodly of hours, lol. It IS exciting...it's been a tough week for her though. :(

True, don't really know anyone stronger though, she'll be back to normal in no time!

Dave, thanks for the update, and for all the support you give Rachel. Those appt do get overwhelming and its nice to have another person there to take it all in too and fill in some of the blanks.

Yea you're telling me! I get confused and I am practically normal/healthy.

Dave - always nice to see you .....yeah, it was WAY more than 50 pages ago...... ;)

Thanks, likewise...I was thinking of you a few weeks ago. I was in Fresno staying with a friend for a couple of days. Next time we'll have to meet up and (I'd usually say lunch here, but I don't know what you can/cannot eat) and throw back some nuggets together! :lol:

She knows a person who trained under Dr. Klinghardt...cant rememeber the name right now.....maybe The Dave can help???

Anyways this person specializes in Lyme and I'm wondering if Rinne has read anything about this person....I dont even know if its a male or female.....bad brainfog yesterday. :ph34r:

This Dr. is in Seattle Washington but comes to our area every 3 months...next visit will be in Dec.....she said I can book an appt. to see this Dr. if I want. The Dr. is all about Lyme Disease. I will have to ask Dave about the name cuz its bugging me that I cant remember. :(

Rach, Amy Derksen....but I don't think she is an MD.

:ph34r:

Yea you're shy and I'm shy....that doesn't mix well huh?

To make it unamimous...I think Dave is pretty nifty myself, lol. Glad you "got" it finally Rachel, lol.

Wow, what is this about flu shots and mercury??? I'll be getting a flu shot on November 13...should I not with mercury coursing through my whole body, lol. :P

#1, thanks. #2, Something to think about staying away from the Flu Shot, supposedly their is a bunch of Mercury in the shot itself, if you might be sensitive/reacting to Mercury already, I imagine it wouldn't be the best thing to happen.

I need a Dave, lol!

Awww, how sweet! :)

And I am on the Dave bandwagon too :lol: Go Dave, go Dave, go Dave.......

Well Rach, you can't exactly fight with like 20 angry women...so I guess you'll have to give in..... :lol::ph34r:

AndreaB Contributor

Donna,

I wouldn't recommend the flu shot. Can't find my shot info right now.....

Lot's of mercury...your body doesn't need anymore to antagonize your situation.

Dave,

Somehow I don't picture you as shy. Of course you have been using this forum dropping lots of hints.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

hi everybody.....mostly happiness in r-ville.......

DAVE! you were in Fresno and didn't call? well poop on you! :P Could have sized you up myself for all the gals here. ;) Next time, bring Rachel. :) I'll cook a delicious gluten-free meal for you two, with donuts for desert. :o

ugh. speaking of same....yes, Rachel, I did go to teh dark side :ph34r: and ate three donuts. ah, the memory of it......*sigh*. 'twas heaven. no brain fog, that is kind of weird. But now.......oh dear. tummy is killing me. I don't expect one SHRED of sympathy. Remember, it was an experiment, just like the other day, when I was showing this guy a wild strawberry ground cover, and he wondered if one could eat the berries, and I gave a sharp "NO!" and then about a milisecond later, put one in my mouth. :ph34r::lol: An experiment, that's what the donuts were. I do not recommend it. I think I am constipated. that never happens any more. :huh: oh, I don't think the bean stew I made helped any, and the homemade nut bars.

gluten + nut bars + bean stew + stupididity = heinosity of the tummy. :blink:

oh yes, that is my precious Annie dog in photo. She was trying to slip me the tongue, AGAIN. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

I don't know many tummies that would be able to handle all that. :ph34r:

AndreaB Contributor
No, I was dumb and forgot....must have been my....uh....brainfog, yea! (That's a good excuse....yea)

Um, brainfog excuse won't fly with you.....I can think of another fog though. :P

Well Rach, you can't exactly fight with like 20 angry women...so I guess you'll have to give in..... :lol::ph34r:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

ugh. maybe you're right Andrea....and did I mention I look six months pregnant? :huh:

the equation actually goes more like this:

gluten + nut bars + bean stew + stupididity = extreme gas bomb bloat :blink:

good night sweet friends and I am off to bed.

TheDave Newbie
Dave,

Somehow I don't picture you as shy. Of course you have been using this forum dropping lots of hints.

At work and what not I'm not shy at all, quite the opposite actually. But when it comes to meeting women and expressing feelings in the beginning of a relationship, I am like the shyest guy ever...sucks. Oh well....

DAVE! you were in Fresno and didn't call? well poop on you! :P Could have sized you up myself for all the gals here. ;) Next time, bring Rachel. :) I'll cook a delicious gluten-free meal for you two, with donuts for desert. :o

oh yes, that is my precious Annie dog in photo. She was trying to slip me the tongue, AGAIN. :lol:

Next time we'll arrange something so you can properly "size me up" :rolleyes::lol:

I don't think my stomach would like those things either :ph34r::blink:

gluten + nut bars + bean stew + stupididity = extreme gas bomb bloat :blink:

good night sweet friends and I am off to bed.

Goodnight! BTW, love your new pic, you look really good and happy with the Dingomeister!

Archived