This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Open Original Shared Link

I see. It's in the dairy products, but they don't use it as a source. OKAY....... So, they want to use this lactic acid as a wash on meat to kill deadly bacteria... glad I went vegetarian this week. :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

I see. It's in the dairy products, but they don't use it as a source. OKAY....... So, they want to use this lactic acid as a wash on meat to kill deadly bacteria... glad I went vegetarian this week. :blink:

I'm not too sure of what lactic acid is but its actually on the "avoid" list for corn intolerance.

tarnalberry Community Regular

afaik, lactic acid is often not a dairy byproduct. (heck, we make it in our own muscles when we work anaerobically.) and they'll derive almost everything from corn, so it wouldn't surprise me if they'd get that out of corn too... at least you don't have to worry about getting gas from the gas station in your mouth (the ethanol going into gas - and part of the rise in gas prices this month - may be corn derived)!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I really understand your frustration with trying to work out what's wrong, but just from popping in to this board occasionally and reading your posts, it strikes me that you keep trying different things to exclude, maybe without giving it enough time. It seems to me that when your bowels aren't working properly, gluten, dairy , soy and corn are all likely to be difficult to digest and likely to cause problems.

Unprocessed food is much easier to manage.

Even after several weeks of trying to reintroduce dairy I still wouldn't dream of eating ice-cream. I know you're not trying to make yourself ill, but I think the biggest challenge is to get yourself into a stable place where you feel ok for a while. The time to start challenging your restrictions is when you feel great.

Sorry I'm being so bossy!

Best wishes,

Matilda

Matilda, I appreciate ALL input so don't feel like you're being bossy. ;)

Anyways, the main reason I wanted to test dairy was because I needed to further test the corn theory. I've always reacted to ice cream and most dairy products so assumed I had casein intolerance. Since learning that corn is in all these dairy products I had to try dairy which is confirmed corn-free to see if I'd react. I havent reacted at all and I've eaten almost a quart of ice cream, some cream cheese, sheep/goat cheese and butter. There is only ONE safe brand of these items so I bought the stuff....tried it all...and I havent had any symptoms at all. This is NEVER the case with dairy so I'm pretty convinced about the corn intolerance now.

I saw my doctor tonight and he was amazed at how much I've improved in one week. I've also gained 8 lbs....which is really cool. He basically said that it looks like the corn thing is real because nothing has ever worked for me and I've basically been only eating meat veggies and fruit for most of the past year. I was still very sick and not gaining weight and highly reactive to everything...especially chemicals. Now with one week corn-free I'm able to eat more foods because my sensitivities are lessening but when I make a mistake the sensitivities come back.

He said I have leaky gut which is really aggravated everytime I get "corned" and thats what causing the increased sensitivities. He said corn *could* be the main cause of my problems and it could definately be the reason for my malabsorption and leaky gut....especially considering I've been 100% gluten-free for over a year now. However, he is supportive of Enterolab results and Dr. Fine's work so he doesnt rule out gluten even if corn is causing the more severe symptoms. He is testing me with a saliva test for reactions to gluten, corn, soy, rice and dairy IgA and IgG....also he's testing my IgA levels for deficiency to make sure the results are accurate.

He also said if corn is my *only* problem...and its looking that way since in 3 years they havent been able to find anything wrong with me and all of a sudden I'm getting dramatically better just by eliminating it. He said the corn intolerance is severe and nothing to play around with considering how sick I've been. He thought I had much more serious underlying problems because I was so sick. He said my reactions are more "allergic" type reactions (sweating, dizziness, trembling, migraines, heart palapitations, sores in my mouth, swelling, etc)...it could get worse like a peanut allergy if I keep eating corn. If I stay off it for a few years it may lessen or go away completely but he doesnt think so because of how seriously its affected me. He said he never saw anyone with such serious health problems caused by corn intolerance...usually its gluten causing these problems.

As far as dairy he said if I 'm going to eat it I need to rotate it every 4 or 5 days until I'm good and healed. If I eat it everyday it could overwhelm my immune system and create problems.

I know what you're saying about the digestive system and these foods being hard to digest but I wasnt eating ANY of the top allergens. No eggs, soy, dairy, corn, yeast, gluten...not even rice...and I still wasnt better and I was still experiencing the allergic reactions I described. I ate only organic chicken, cabbage, celery and pears for 2 weeks and still didnt improve. It was something in my supplements and thyroid meds because I stopped taking everything and I got better....no more reactions and the pain started going away and I had energy and I gained some weight. It turned out to be corn. Just the small amounts that I was getting from those meds was enough to keep me from healing. I definately wasnt going back and forth with my diet....if anything I just kept getting more restrictive with it because I kept reating to everything. I did try to have a normal gluten-free diet but it clearly didnt work for me so then I just kept eliminating more and more foods...I tried to reintroduce dairy a few weeks ago and it was a disaster but this time its working which leads me to believe I was on the wrong path all along. I needed to be corn free....not just eliminating corn tortillas and corn cereal but ALL corn and everything derived from corn. I only seriously did this with gluten and casein.

afaik, lactic acid is often not a dairy byproduct. (heck, we make it in our own muscles when we work anaerobically.) and they'll derive almost everything from corn, so it wouldn't surprise me if they'd get that out of corn too... at least you don't have to worry about getting gas from the gas station in your mouth (the ethanol going into gas - and part of the rise in gas prices this month - may be corn derived)!

Tiffany, that is so bizarre....are you telling me I'll be pumping corn into my car? :huh:

Has this always been the case or is this something new?

I looked at the "avoid" list again and sure enough ethanol is on there too.

Matilda Enthusiast

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

ethanol --I had a friend who used to get seizures when pumping gass with this ethanol...she had severe chemical allergies..it's in our gas here in PA right now i think..she moved and AZ don't think they use it there.

SO VERY HAPPY YOUR GETTING ANSWERS, RACHEL...I'VE BEEN WATCHING THIS THREAD TO KEEP ON EYE :ph34r: ON YU :lol:

JUDY IN PHILLY

tarnalberry Community Regular
Tiffany, that is so bizarre....are you telling me I'll be pumping corn into my car? :huh:

Has this always been the case or is this something new?

I looked at the "avoid" list again and sure enough ethanol is on there too.

Ethanol has been used as an additive in gas, particularly during winter, for a number of years, to reduce smog effects. It's cheap to produce from corn. They're moving to use it year round for a more environmentally friendly gasoline (ha!), and it's apparently a part of the reason for the spike in prices (distribution of ethanol wasn't logistically set up well, and can't be done via pipeline setups that exist since it absorbs water... that's what I've read, anyway). It's replacing MTBE for the smog reduction purposes in gasoline because MTBE has been contaminating groundwater in a number of states, and is going nationwide. Ethanol's also one of the 'alternative fuels' being researched to entirely replace gasoline for powering internal combustion engines, though there's some debate over whether or not it's a worthwhile process (you get more energy out of burning it in the engine than it takes to convert it to ethanol from the corn and from growing/harvesting the corn).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Becky6 Enthusiast

I so hope this is your answer!! I feel so badly for all the symptoms you get! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
jaza33 Newbie

I was gluten, dairy and soy free for almost a year and was still having problems. I couldn't eat any of the gluten free products. Eliminating all grains helped a lot. However, I felt like even gluten free salad dressings were a problem. Finally, I gave up almost all processed foods. I use olive oil and vinegar for salad dressing. I think part of the problem may have been MSG. MSG is in everything, disguised under other names. A product may be labeled as Gluten-free but it still could have MSG. MSG is used as a flavor enhancer in many processed foods. www.msgtruth.org is a good site that explains it. People react to MSG at many restaurants (not just Chinese). I often felt sick after eating at a restaurant and was sure there was no gluten in what I had, maybe it was MSG? Some people who are low in nutrients (celiacs) cannot detoxify the MSG from their systems like a normal, healthy person could. MSG is an exotoxin that should not be in our food. Celiacs may have compromised livers that cannot detoxify harmful substances.

MSG may be in the following (partial list from above website):

gelatin

hydrolyzed vegetable protein

hydrolyzed plant protein

autolyzed yeast

sodium caseinate

yeast extract

yeast food or nutrient

soy protein isolate

Worcestershire sauce

Kombu extract

dry milk and whey powder

"natural flavors" - may contain up to 20% MSG

carageenan

dough conditioners

Medications in gelcaps - contain free glutamic acid in the gelatin

Do not trust something simply because it is in a health food store and the label states it is natural or even organic.

I still still buy a few things processed: Amy's salsa, vegetable broth from Whole foods, corn chips, bottled fruit juices. As I learn to make things on my own the list gets smaller. I grew up on all processed foods and I think that contributed to my current situation more than genetics.

Jamie

Rachel--24 Collaborator

How funny that you should post about MSG. Now that I've eliminated gluten for one year, been dairy free for most of that time, soy and corn free recently...I still feel I'm missing something. The more things I've eliminated the more obvious symtoms become and for the past few days my focus has been on MSG and sulfites.

Even without eating processed foods and having a very strict diet of whole foods...I'm realizing I've always had MSG in my diet. All my supplements contained MSG. Recently I'd been replacing eggs in my baking with gelatin and gradually I've felt symptoms come back. Stopped the gelatin and got better again. Its like the past few weeks I've felt better than I have in 3 years and when I eat something I shouldnt symptoms are severe but its easier to identify the cause.

I was reading that many people are misdiagnosed (sometimes for years) as having Celiac....only to find out later that it was MSG all along. Some people are diagnosed based on improvement with diet and severity of symptoms on a gluten challenge but the foods consumed in a gluten-filled diet are also filled with MSG.

I've felt for awhile now that I dont have Celiac and not sure if I have gluten intolerance or not. My genes were negative for Celiac. Of course gluten could still have wreaked havoc and caused problems with chemicals like MSG but I wont know for sure until I'm 100% symptom free and can challenge pure wheat gluten. I'm determined to get ALL the answers for myself. I've read that people have had classic Celiac symptoms of weight loss, fatigue, loose stools, and all the other symptoms we discuss here everyday yet they're symtoms were found to be caused by MSG. Up until a few days ago I thought MSG was something mainly in spices in Chinese restaraunts. Boy was I wrong! :blink:

Here is a link to symptoms caused by MSG and at my worst I had nearly all of them.

eKatherine Rookie
Here is a link to symptoms caused by MSG and at my worst I had nearly all of them.

The list contains every symptom known to man. You may be sensitive to msg, but it is not as common a sensitivity as was once thought. Go msg-free and do a challenge.

Keep in mind that you should not confuse msg, the food additive, with glutamates, which occur naturally in many foods. If you are sensitive to glutamates, you will need to avoid them, but most people are not sensitive, and a very low glutamate diet would be very restrictive.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Keep in mind that you should not confuse msg, the food additive, with glutamates, which occur naturally in many foods. If you are sensitive to glutamates, you will need to avoid them, but most people are not sensitive, and a very low glutamate diet would be very restrictive.

I'm currently avoiding both natural glutamates as well as the food additives. From the information I've come accross alot of people have negative reactions to MSG. I dont consider the diet restrictive considering there were times I was down to eating only one or 2 things and still feeling sick because of supplements I was taking. My main concern is relief of symptoms and regaining my health 100%...I'm not concerned about diet restrictions and no diet is too "hard" for me. Maybe most people dont have a problem but the fact that *some* people do and I *may* be one of those people is enough for me to look into it.

jaza33 Newbie

Besides avoiding processed foods, paying attention to digestion has helped me a lot.

1. Food combining- I try to eat fruit in the morning for breakfast and not with a meal. Fruit digests quickly compared to other foods. If you eat fruit after your meal, it has to wait for everthing else to digest first and will ferment in your stomach (gas, bloating).

2. Eating less frequently- I used to snack all day long. Now I try to eat three meals a day. This goes against everything your read about in magazines, which say to snack and keep blood sugar stable, up your metabolism etc. Digestion is a complex process. By snacking all day your body never completes digesting one mini meal before it has to start on the next. Making lunch your main meal is best because digestion is much stronger than in the evening.

3. Eating enough fat with your meal- It takes ten grams of fat to digest a meal. The no/low-fat craze has contributed to all the digestive problems. This means good fats like olive oil, coconut oil, real organic butter.

4. Adding spices- Cumin, tumeric, cilantro, ginger are some spices that can help digest food. If I make stir-fry vegetables, I aways add spices.

5. Eat slow

6. Don't drink too much during the meal-washes away digestive enzymes.

key Contributor

Everything you said is right on target! I agree with you 100%.

I never have heard of spices, but interesting. I know ginger is good for your stomach.

Monica

danikali Enthusiast

This has turned into another great thread! It's funny because I have been eating fruit in the morning as breakfast these days eating other things for lunch and dinner, and I've noticed that if I don't add the fruit again after dinner, my stomach feels extra comfortable. I mean, if I eat fruit after I eat a lot of dinner, it's not so bad that I get sick like I used to, but I do notice that I get a little bloated and some gas (not foul like before thank God! haha).

Anyway, I have a question about frozen veggies. If all it says in the ingredients is for example, brussle sprouts, or organic asparagus, could there still be something in there derived from corn to preserve it? Just wondering because I'm avoiding all the frozen veggies that I have because I'm scared, but I don't want them to go to waste!

dlp252 Apprentice
Anyway, I have a question about frozen veggies. If all it says in the ingredients is for example, brussle sprouts, or organic asparagus, could there still be something in there derived from corn to preserve it? Just wondering because I'm avoiding all the frozen veggies that I have because I'm scared, but I don't want them to go to waste!

I've been wondering the same thing...fruit too. I live on frozen fruit and vegetables because I live alone and fresh stuff seems to spoil so quickly. I buy organic from Whole Foods and the only ingredients are the fruits and veggies, but have wondered if they use corn in the processing somehow.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Besides avoiding processed foods, paying attention to digestion has helped me a lot.

1. Food combining- I try to eat fruit in the morning for breakfast and not with a meal. Fruit digests quickly compared to other foods. If you eat fruit after your meal, it has to wait for everthing else to digest first and will ferment in your stomach (gas, bloating).

2. Eating less frequently- I used to snack all day long. Now I try to eat three meals a day. This goes against everything your read about in magazines, which say to snack and keep blood sugar stable, up your metabolism etc. Digestion is a complex process. By snacking all day your body never completes digesting one mini meal before it has to start on the next. Making lunch your main meal is best because digestion is much stronger than in the evening.

3. Eating enough fat with your meal- It takes ten grams of fat to digest a meal. The no/low-fat craze has contributed to all the digestive problems. This means good fats like olive oil, coconut oil, real organic butter.

4. Adding spices- Cumin, tumeric, cilantro, ginger are some spices that can help digest food. If I make stir-fry vegetables, I aways add spices.

5. Eat slow

6. Don't drink too much during the meal-washes away digestive enzymes.

I tried all of these things. Food combining, no carbs with protein, never drinking with meals, fruits always by themselves, digestive enzymes, small meals (easier for digestion), no hard to digest foods (i.e. red meat), etc. I've basically tried it all but I still get the same type reactions and I'm now realizing (because I've been doing strict elimination diets) that its not something triggered by digestion problems. I get serious allergic type reactions that used to be chronic but since I've improved and am not chronically ill the symptoms are blatentely related to soomething in my diet.

I can get better and then if I start eating a wider variety of food or add in supplements or change anything...the symptoms will return. The symptoms are not from any particular food because I've elimated pretty much everything. I felt best when I was on an organic diet of only fruit and veggies. I didnt even eat fruit because I thought my problem was Candida. Everytime I added a supplement...I got worse after a few days so I'd try a different supplement. I wasted alot of money on supplements I could never take. I literally threw away 2 garbage bags full of supplements a few months ago. I noticed that the worst reactions came from the ones that said gelatin capsule. I asked my doctor if I could be allergic to gelatin.

My reactions are severe.....like the ones listed in the link I posted. 99% of my pain has always been in my head and shoulder area. Intense pressure with veins buldging out...you can literally feel the pulse in my cheek. I get tissue swelling in my head and blurred vision with a ton of pressure behind my eyes. I dont think it has anything to do with digestion but digestion became a problem during my second year of this illness. Thats when I started having Celiac like symptoms and lost 25 lbs. .....but no Celiac gene and no positive bloodtest or biopsy.

The first 2 years I ate a normal diet (fast food and junk was normal for me) because I had no idea my symptoms were food related. I was completely disabled, couldnt drive because of the eye problems, had migraines every single day, severe depression and mood swings and all kinds of crazy symptoms like burning sensations on my face, neck and arms, sweats/chills memory loss...I'm not exaggerating when I say nearly every symptom on that list. I couldnt work and had to stay on disability for 2 years until I changed my diet and have been managing my symtoms since then. Its been alot of work, trial and error, alot of researching and I was still only weighing 98 lbs up until 3 weeks ago. As soon as I started getting rid of my supplements I started gaining and I now weigh 114...which is almost near my normal weight before I got sick.

My stools are normal the past few weeks and then I ate stuff that was free of corn, gluten, soy, dairy and salicylates and ended up with loose stools, mouth sores, migraines, burning/tingling and all that other stuff. One of these things was Knoxx gelatin, the other stuff had ingredients which often contain MSG.

All I know is that I'm reacting pretty severely to something thats in food, medicine and supplements and its most likely a chemical. I got the reaction when I tried using the gelatin as an egg replacer....I normally use flax but ran out. I didnt know until a few days ago that gelatin=MSG. It affects every system in my body causing severe pain and impairs my abiltity to think clearly. My mood can change dramatically and I'm not even myself during these "episodes". Its really scary and I dont know how I lived with it during the time that it was chronic.

I work at a Safeway and I actually volunteered to check (which isnt my favorite thing) just so I could look at all the ingredients in the food that came through. I was looking at the stuff I used to eat before all my diet changes. It all has MSG...one of my favorite things was nacho sauce and I always ate tons of it. It was actually labeled as having MSG and it was one of the first things I had to stop eating when I got sick.

I think eliminating gluten, dairy, corn and all processed foods helped with reducing the severity of symptoms but it doesnt take much....one supplement or medication seems to be all thats needed to trigger a reaction. I havent eaten at a restaraunt in 13 months because everytime I ate out I had more severe reactions then when I was just eating at home. My last meal had sent me to the ER....I was totally out of it for a few hours...like I was drugged...totally disoriented with all the symptoms previously listed.

I've been totally MSG free (except maybe my lipstick) for about 24 hours now. I'll give it a week or two and see what happens. At some point I'm gonna have to figure out whats triggering these attacks. I've been tetsed extensively for 3 1/2 years now and I'm perfectly healthy. If I do everything right the reactions go away and I feel good but it never lasts because I never knew what I was doing right...or wrong. Figuring this stuff out is not an easy task thats for sure.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Dani,

I was wondering about that myself. Right now I'm not brave enough to try anything new. I think I remember reading on the corn forum that Cascadian Farms brand was safe but its hard to keep all my info. straight sometimes. Maybe take a look at the posts....I dont have much luck with the "search" option on that forum but it could just be me...that wouldnt be unusual. :P

dlp252 Apprentice
Dani,

I was wondering about that myself. Right now I'm not brave enough to try anything new. I think I remember reading on the corn forum that Cascadian Farms brand was safe but its hard to keep all my info. straight sometimes. Maybe take a look at the posts....I dont have much luck with the "search" option on that forum but it could just be me...that wouldnt be unusual. :P

Oh, I hope you are remembering correctly because that's the brand I buy, lol. :D So far so good...I'm still feeling pretty good, but I'm also trying not to eat too much of any one thing just in case.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Oh, I hope you are remembering correctly because that's the brand I buy, lol. :D So far so good...I'm still feeling pretty good, but I'm also trying not to eat too much of any one thing just in case.

Donna, just curious...where do you get the cascadian farms from? I've seen it at Whole Foods but is it in the regular grocery store too? We dont have it at my work (Safeway).

danikali Enthusiast

So Rachel, you're still sick??? That's horrible! What about if you just stick with no supplements, and only whole fruits, veggies, and meat, plain, and rice and potatoes, all plain? Wouldn't that work? Or are you scared you would start loosing lots of weight again? Since that's all I've been eating, I started loosing weight again too, but I'm not worried because I'm not too too thin. I am like 5'7 and a half and weighed 120, now it's dropping but the lowest I ever got was 115, so if I feel good, healthy, and I'm at that weight, I don't even care, as long as I feel healthy and strong and can concentrate on life.

Anyway, I don't know what brand of veggies I have. Well, one is whole foods, but the other one, I don't know. Maybe it's Cascadian Farms...hopefully....I really want to be able too buy the frozen and eat the ones I've got. You're right Donna, fresh veggies just get gross to quickly....I was going to the store everyday before I made dinner to get something fresh for the night, but that becomes a hassle, and I don't always have the time or patience (when I'm starving!).

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, just curious...where do you get the cascadian farms from? I've seen it at Whole Foods but is it in the regular grocery store too? We dont have it at my work (Safeway).

Yep, I get mine at Whole Foods. I shop at the Bascom Avenue store. I do most all of my shopping there now, with just an ocassional trip to Trader Joe's. I really miss shopping at Safeway, lol.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Yep, I get mine at Whole Foods. I shop at the Bascom Avenue store. I do most all of my shopping there now, with just an ocassional trip to Trader Joe's. I really miss shopping at Safeway, lol.

Hey, I didnt even know there was one on Bascom! I thought the only one in the area was the one on Stevens Creek...thats where I go.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Rachel! :D I can get Cascadian Farms at Acme here. I'm not sure if you have any Albertson/Acme stores out there, but I just wanted to let you know.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
So Rachel, you're still sick??? That's horrible! What about if you just stick with no supplements, and only whole fruits, veggies, and meat, plain, and rice and potatoes, all plain? Wouldn't that work? Or are you scared you would start loosing lots of weight again? Since that's all I've been eating, I started loosing weight again too, but I'm not worried because I'm not too too thin. I am like 5'7 and a half and weighed 120, now it's dropping but the lowest I ever got was 115, so if I feel good, healthy, and I'm at that weight, I don't even care, as long as I feel healthy and strong and can concentrate on life.

Dani, I was just explaining how sick I used to be and what my symtoms were. I havent lost any weight and am actually still gaining a little...I'm only about 4 lbs. away from what I used to be before I got sick. :D

I guess I've gained about 15 lbs. the past few weeks.

I'm not so sure corn is my main problem now since I've gotten my typical reactions a couple times with no possibility of corn or gluten. My symptoms match that of MSG sensitivity *exactly*. From the very beginning I felt like I was being poisoned...I thought I had mercury toxicity but it seems it could have been MSG toxicity all this time. It just so happens that msg is in cornstarch, corn syrup, supplements, medications and almost all the other stuff related to corn and gluten processed stuff. I get severe reactions to gum and thought it was just aspartame but now I'm finding out that its more likely MSG. Aspartame causes the same reaction as msg would and they are both found in chewing gum.

My symptoms are different in alot of ways than a typical Celiac. I know I dont have celiac. I could have gluten intolerance, corn intolerance, MSG sensitivity or a combination of stuff. I'm following a trial msg free diet for the next couple weeks. I need to figure out exactly what the trigger is for these symptoms.

I tested out some MSG last night and this is what happened. Some stomach growling, intense pressure in my face like my head could explode, burning sensations, this morning had massive loose stools. Went to work feeling disoriented, irritable, couldnt focus and kept forgetting what I was trying to do, very blurred vision, felt drugged and uncoordinated. This is a completely different person from yesterday...yesterday I was happy, focused, my mind was sharp and I was very fast moving and productive and had normal bowels.

I'm used to these "attacks" by now and I'm always able to get through the day and have learned to live with these symptoms. Today, after doing this test, I'm realizing this could have been msg all along. I'm feeling really angry at having had to live with these symptoms and never being able to find a link....just knowing that its something in the food and supplements. I'm angry that they "disguise" MSG on the food labels....if it wasn't hidden under other names I would have been able to figure this out 3 years ago. If it is truelly not harmful to us then why do they feel the need to hide it in the ingredients?

I just found out last night what MSG is (I never knew anything about it) and I found out that they've *never* been able to *prove* that it is safe for humans but in the meantime its in all of our food. If MSG is the reason I've been sick....I am very angry. :angry:

I have always been positive about the gluten free diet and any other possible food intolerances or diets I've followed over the past year. Anyone who's read my posts knows this....I never cried about giving up gluten, possibly having celiac, going corn-free or anything else. Today I cried because MSG is something I dont have as much control over....its not something that will be easy to identify or that companies will be honest about. It doesnt matter how many people are negatively affected by it because the FDA is never going to acknowledge it. Its big money for the food and drug industries. MSG is a drug and it doesnt serve any purpose in our food....except to make money for the food industry.

Thats basically what I got out of my research last night anyway. I never found anything good about MSG...nothing about it being healthy or serving a "good" purpose....only that it harms some people and they dont know why. Yeah....so lets just make sure its in ALL of our food. :angry:

Archived