This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice

Quick post...got home really late from my appointment. THe good news is that it looks like I am detoxing well. My liver function is normal. They measured 3 things...I'll have to post more tomorrow though.

We talked about my sleep again, he wants me to try something new. I described my waking pattern and then he asked me some very focused questions. IN the end he thinks I may have a type of low blood sugar that causes problems during the night. So he wants me to try eating right before I go to bed. He gave me some guidelines of snacks, so I'm going to try it tonight...he literally wants me to eat, brush my teeth then go to bed. So, I'm willing to give this a try because I'm not willing to take more supplements to help me sleep...I'm already taking a bunch of 5-HTP and a couple of melatonin tablets.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judyin Philly Enthusiast

ANDREA..GOOD SUMMATION OF WHAT YOUR DOING FOR THE KIDS ...GOOD LUCK

DONNA...GREAT NEWS...AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALSO --HAPPY ABOUT THE LIVER RESULTS.

HI EVERYONE ELSE

RACHEL..YOUR MAIL BOX IS FULL AND REJECTED MY PM

NITE ALL.

AndreaB Contributor
IN the end he thinks I may have a type of low blood sugar that causes problems during the night. So he wants me to try eating right before I go to bed. He gave me some guidelines of snacks, so I'm going to try it tonight...he literally wants me to eat, brush my teeth then go to bed.

Great news on your liver tests! :D

I'll be waiting for results of this.....hopefully it will work.

Is it possible the sleep troubles are from the lyme or mercury/molds?

ANDREA..GOOD SUMMATION OF WHAT YOUR DOING FOR THE KIDS ...GOOD LUCK

Thanks Judy! :D

diamondheart Newbie

Just popping in from San Jose to say hi! This conference certaintly isn't gluten-free friendly, but I met a celiac woman on my field trip today :) . A couple of people were talking on the field trip about the mercury mines up in the hills around here and how it comes down the watershed. Scarey :( .

My internet connection is really sketchy, so no long message here. Pretty much how I've been feeling today - a bit sketchy <_< .

Claire

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
I was just glacing through my current Blaylock report, reader questions. Someone had asked about candida and he mentioned diet, probiotics and something like diflucan that started with an S? Anyway, he said diflucan is fluoridated. :o

I've already been holding off on starting the diflucan because I don't want to add another burden to my liver, and I guess I'm giving my body a break for a couple weeks too... can't say this bit of info will exactly get me started on it any sooner.. is fluoridating drugs common? I know the water supply is fluoridated but didn't know some drugs were as well...

oh, and just guessing, but the "S" might be SF722.. only antifungal I know offhand that starts with an "S"... it's some type of naturally derived (from castor oil?) antifungal, not a prescription one...

evie Rookie
Andrea....I couldnt even believe that little buffalo got up and walked away from all that!! :blink:

I hope he survived. :)

I have some Time/Life wildlife videos...whales, lions...all that good nature footage. I've seen tons of video with animals hunting down their prey and stuff like that....but I have to say...THIS was just the most amazing thing I've seen!!

Way cool how the buffalo came back for the little guy! AWESOME. :D

I WATCHED THAT TOO..ANOTHER AMAZING THING WAS THAT THE PHOTOGRAPHER WAS ON VACATION AND SAID HE ONLY GOT HIS CAMERA OUT ONCE A YEAR, GUESS HE MUST HAVE BEEN AMAZINGLY LUCKY OR??? VERY INTERESTING RACHEL ABOUT YEAST AND MICOTOXINS..I USED TO BATTLE THE YEAST PROBLEM AND TOOK NYSTATIN YEARS AGO..ICKY STUFF, TOOK IT FOR OVER A YEAR...HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AFTER YOUR ORDEAL...XOXOX..EVIE

AndreaB Contributor
I've already been holding off on starting the diflucan because I don't want to add another burden to my liver, and I guess I'm giving my body a break for a couple weeks too... can't say this bit of info will exactly get me started on it any sooner.. is fluoridating drugs common? I know the water supply is fluoridated but didn't know some drugs were as well...

oh, and just guessing, but the "S" might be SF722.. only antifungal I know offhand that starts with an "S"... it's some type of naturally derived (from castor oil?) antifungal, not a prescription one...

The following is a small quote from the response to a readers question.

The cure is to take one of the

antifungal medications, such as Sporanox (Diflucan

is a fluorinated medication and should not be

taken), or natural remedies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

Hi Evie!

Good to "see" you. :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator
The cure is to take one of the

antifungal medications, such as Sporanox

Andrea,

Sporanox is one of the antifungals used to treat Aspergillus.

Itraconazole (Sporanox
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi Evie!

Good to "see" you. :D

Ditto!!

Its always a pleasure to "see" Evie here. :)

Yup Evie.....that photographer sure did get lucky with that footage!

If it was me.....I'm not even sure I would be smart enough to keep filming. :rolleyes: I would just be in total awe of the drama unfolding in front of me....like this... :o

Another extremely lucky guy....the guy who pocketed Barry's 756th HR.

A Mets fan....in town for ONE day...en route to Australia...at the last minute purchases a ticket to the game...and ends up with the ball.

Sheeesh...thats some crazy luck!

Well...he did get a bloody nose and stuff....but still. :P

Andrea...if I had that ball...you'd all be getting your treatments this year! :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Quick post...got home really late from my appointment. THe good news is that it looks like I am detoxing well. My liver function is normal. They measured 3 things...I'll have to post more tomorrow though.

Good news Donna....looking forward to hearing more. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Thats what I was thinking too.

It reminds of what I read about the autoimmune reactions that occur when there are toxins in the body. I actually thought about Donna when I read this becuase of the sleep example.

*The autoimmunity concept is important, and explains a lot of otherwise unexplainable health problems.

It is impossible to become allergic to a normal human molecule - the immune system just won't recognize as "foreign" a molecule that has been present within you since birth - but this statement is not precisely true.

Let's say you are exposed to a non-human molecule that enters your system and binds to a normal human molecule. Your immune system will react to this hybrid molecule as foreign, and the antibodies and other immune mediators produced will then cross-react with the normal human molecule. This is the process of biochemical auto-immunity, the result of toxicity.

Let's say the normal human molecule was a neurotransmitter involved in sleep. From this point on your body will react to this particular molecule and you will never again enjoy a full night's rest.

Let's say the normal human molecule was involved in reproductive health; from this point on your reproductive cycles will be out of balance. The more toxins that are are exposed to, the greater is your chance for ill health based upon this principle of auto-immunity.

Thats why they treat for autoimmune stuff with each toxin they address in LED....cuz apparantly these things are all related.

Hopefully eating before bed solves the problem (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Donna :) )....if not it may be something that is a direct result of toxicity....like the examples in the quote.

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea...if I had that ball...you'd all be getting your treatments this year! :)

Thanks Rachel. That's a nice thought. :)

tom Contributor
I am not sure if it was the almond milk or the coffee?

I saw a site that said to avoid all nuts except dry roasted almonds and almond butter, but I tried almond milk and not sure if that is what went wrong?

Neither coffee nor almond milk is good for yeast overgrowth . .. . ..wait . . .. . I'm still not sure if you have that. I know the mold allergy, but unsure if it's alone or caused by candida/yeast.

Anyway - if candida, coffee kills good bacteria, but almond milk has a sweetener which feeds the yeast and makes symptoms quickly. In my experience anyway.

Never saw an unsweetened almond milk.

Nuts - tons of variation here for candida diet, and mold allergy can disallow all (hi Rachel).

I ended up w/ 5 that'd be ok if bought raw and roasted by me. Baked really.

Almonds, cashews,brazils, filbert/hazelnuts & pecans. Never liked pecans but rest were fine.

I am so happy to be here....finally!!!

Shelly

I tell ya Shell, I knew IN A SECOND you needed to come here.

Glad ya made it! :)

tom Contributor
Just popping in from San Jose to say hi! This conference certaintly isn't gluten-free friendly, but I met a celiac woman on my field trip today :) .

Was wondering how you're doing w/ the food. Wish I could've helped more, but I only have pre-gluten-free restaurant experience. :(

Hopefully that celiac is local??

LOL you'll give ME tips!! :lol::blink:

A couple of people were talking on the field trip about the mercury mines up in the hills around here and how it comes down the watershed. Scarey :( .

Almaden Quicksilver County Park, on the site of the biggest mines, is pretty popular, too!

tom Contributor

OMG OMG OMG

I was up late last night when the Rachelville Town Crier announced that Dubya had Lyme last year!!! :o:o:o

Not seeing it mentioned here, I'm wondering if somehow the forum isn't showing me newest posts!!!

But, that'd be a first, so I guess the news hasn't hit yet.

How strange IS it that many here share Lyme w/ the President!!!?? :lol:

They say he got it last August, bullseye & all.

If only WE all had a team of doctors . . . . . .

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Claire,

I am sorry to hear SJ is not Celiac friendly. :( I hope you were not exposed to any gluten through cc or anything. That would be bad! Whenever I end up traveling, I will stay in a hotel with a kitchen! I would rather make my own meals than have to play gluten Russian Roulette!

Dear Judy,

Hello back! Did you end up getting an appointment with your G.I.? I thought you mentioned that recently. I know you are in a similar situation as I am. Doctors do not seem to have any sense of urgency on important matters. :rolleyes:

Dear Andrea,

That was a lot to recall! You did great on describing the children and their situation. It is so sweet Rachel would pay for your treatment if she could! :D Maybe one of us will win the lotto! Would that be groovy or what?

Diflucan is flouridated? :o That stuff will be no good for anyone with a sleepy Thyroid then! It is amazing how so many things contain ingredients that are so troublesome for various health conditions.

A lot of pills contain corn, so many people have to watch that as well. I could never tolerate Diflucan anyway.

Dear Donna,

What great news about your liver! Whew! :) I am glad you appear to be detoxing well. That is wonderful to hear! I am so happy! The results came in pretty quickly, too.

Low blood sugar does that to me. It makes me break out in sweats, and I have to eat because I will not be able to sleep. I actually have to wake up and eat after several hours. Candida tends to cause low glucose. That is also why you crave the sugar so much, not just because the yeast wants fed.

Here is an exciting development. I desperately wanted that new OPI Nail Lacquer called Just Groovy. It is this funky blue, like a Smurf. I love it! I called JCPenney's salon, and they only had one left! I got it, too! :) Maybe I am lucky afterall! Although, $7.50 is a lot for nail polish, but I deserve it! I have not gotten anything for myself in months!

Dear Rachel,

I did not get the chance to see the buffalo/lion/crocodile video. :( Maybe I could view it online somewhere. If something gets killed, I cannot stand to see it. Once, I saw this poor seal get eaten by a whale, while the mother cried watching. :( The mother was so sad!

That is so sweet that you would pay to help Andrea get treatment! I know one day, we all will be able to get well. It takes time. However, the wait I am sure will be well worth it! I am just anxious to recover.

LED has some amazing properties. I am so glad you gave the link. Knowing how it works is fascinating. The way it moves toxins out quicker is really amazing! This technique will probably be more widely used in the next few years.

Mycotoxins are really tough. Awesome scientificness my friend! B) I would not be surprised at all if we had toxic mold. I believe my grandfather is right. Years ago, he said he thought the house made us all sick. I am glad there is finally an explanation of how we get sick from normal things we should not. It is due to exposure to toxins that mess up our body chemistry.

I read about amphotericin B. For many years, it was solely available in Europe. Americans almost could never get a hold of it. This is what I believe they used on Charlie Swaart, the drinkless drunk to help cure him of the mutated yeast overgrowth he experienced. Nystatin is the most commonly prescribed. I doubt I would tolerate any of them. Sporanox is one I have not heard of.

Aspergillus is difficult to destroy. These antifungals must be extraordinary to work on it. Many people exposed to it have suffered serious damage. Some of it cannot be reversed. It was one of the toxic molds my friend was exposed to that caused her to lose her kidney. The other was penicillium.

I know what you mean about the luck. I get so frustrated. Sometimes, I feel cursed! The thing is, aren't Irish people supposed to naturally be lucky? If so, someone forgot to tell whoever controls that.

I am a seven in numerology, and they are also naturally lucky. Someone forgot to tell the stars!

Dear Patti,

Yes, Helmut is a cutie patootie! If you think he looks good, wait until you hear him sing! He makes it seem so effortless! Go to Open Original Shared Link to see a clip. It is one of my favorite Dean Martin songs "That's Amore!" Enjoy!

Dear Shelly,

I would say get the testing done for mold as soon as possible! You can find people who do it in the phone book. Many also remove mold if it is troublesome. I heard Atlas Vanlines actually does this. I was a bit surprised. These mycotoxins are extremely dangerous to be exposed to, and have been cited as causes of lung cancer, intestinal hemmhorages, chronic body pain, respiratory illness, and numerous other things.

Almond milk may have a number of things in it that does not set well. Many soymilks have seaweed called carageenan. A number of people react badly to ingesting it. What were the ingredients? That could help us sort this out. Chocolate is not surprising, many people do not do well on that, especially people who have Candida.

Do you often have a white coating on your tongue? Does eating fruit make you feel worse? Do mushrooms and bread with yeast or foods with vinegar bother you? Do you have heartburn frequently, ringing in the ears, lower abdominal bloating, headaches, and/or nausea frequently? How about strange rashes that come out of nowhere (like eczema), then disappear? If so, you could have Candida.

Dear tom,

I hate those people that make people sound like they are just crazy! My parents are like that person you were describing. These individuals are typically know-it-alls that have done zero research.

WWDD? :lol: We know how to handle them! Don't we?

Dear Charlie,

I can see why you would be apprehensive about beginning antifungals. I do not want to take them, either. They do not always set well with sensitive people. You just do not want to make things worse. Who can blame you for that?

Have any of your other symptoms improved any? Are you still taking the ABX? I was curious, because I know you were having a hard time. It sounded like a major herx! Those antibiotics can really get those bugs in an uproar!

Sincerely,

Jin

jerseyangel Proficient

Jin, honey, you just put a smile on my face :)

When I was a little girl, my favorite thing was to spend the weekend with my grandparents. Nobody ever yelled at me over there...

Every Sunday morning, my grandfather would wake up early, start coffee and make pancakes on his gigantic griddle. I would hear him from down the hall singing "That's Amore" :D Gosh, I haven't heard that song in so long--' :) bigga pizza pie....love it! Thanks! :)

I really like Helmut, too. I'm gonna listen to more of his stuff.

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh yeah, I'm pretty certain it does. I think Dr. S does too. Dr. Rick may also think so, but he's willing to try a lot of stuff to see if it helps, and this is low cost, lol. I've always been a "light" sleeper, but never used to wake up so much during the night. I'm thinking it must be related to the lyme since that seems to be affecting every area and system of my body. :(

Just popping in from San Jose to say hi! This conference certaintly isn't gluten-free friendly, but I met a celiac woman on my field trip today :) . A couple of people were talking on the field trip about the mercury mines up in the hills around here and how it comes down the watershed. Scarey.

Gosh, like Tom, sorry I couldn't have been more help. I only eat out at two places...Carls Jr. and Outback, lol. I only eat at one Carls Jr. and so far have had very good luck there ordering their low carb burger (it's wrapped in lettuce)...I get it without cheese and stuff. Outback has a gluten free menu, and I've had really good luck there many times...except the last time I went. I think they put the seasoned butter on my sweet potatoe, cuz I had a tummy ache immediately afterwards.

Thats what I was thinking too.

It reminds of what I read about the autoimmune reactions that occur when there are toxins in the body. I actually thought about Donna when I read this becuase of the sleep example.

Thats why they treat for autoimmune stuff with each toxin they address in LED....cuz apparantly these things are all related.

Hopefully eating before bed solves the problem (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Donna :) )....if not it may be something that is a direct result of toxicity....like the examples in the quote.

Well, I still woke up last night, but only remember one time lasting any length. Interesting stuff you posted about it. I think that's why Dr. S gave me the supplement to take...he said it would help with detox in the middle of the night. I ran out of it a couple of weeks ago and have been waiting until my appointment on Tuesday to get more. :(

Here is an exciting development. I desperately wanted that new OPI Nail Lacquer called Just Groovy. It is this funky blue, like a Smurf. I love it! I called JCPenney's salon, and they only had one left! I got it, too! :) Maybe I am lucky afterall! Although, $7.50 is a lot for nail polish, but I deserve it! I have not gotten anything for myself in months!

Cool. Course, you are a much better artist than I, but if you don't want to paint designs on your toes you can get decals at Walgreen's, Long's, and probably lots of other stores...beauty supply places have them too. I have jewels on my toes at the moment. :P Polish is a cross between bubble gum pink and fuschia pink, and I have jeweled flowers on my toes. This weekend the color gets changed...not sure what yet...maybe black glitter. :lol:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Patti,

I just knew you would love this! Dean Martin was a favorite of mine, between his "That's Amore" and "Mambo Italiano", I tell you! :wub: You just had to love it! I also love some other old Italian classic styles. Have you ever heard Dominic Chianese from "The Sopranos" sing? He is wonderful!

What a wonderful memory! Your grandfather sounds like the typical Italian grandfather! I always wondered if we had some Italian in there somewhere. I have not found any yet, though. We may have some Cajun blood, though. That explains why I like the hot stuff!

Dear Donna,

Yes, the blue is definitely me! I love it! Surprisingly, the dog has not tried to eat it off yet. That is good! He always does weird things like that! This is pricey polish, so he is not allowed to do this one for sure! :lol:

Your nails sound beautiful! It is so funny you mentioned the stencils. I have been contemplating designing some. I saw on televisions some pretty nails last week. They were pearly white, then had two or three rows of small rhinestones on the tips! That would be gorgeous for a wedding or formal occaision!

Sincerely,

Jin

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay so the test I had done was called a Metabolic Profile. It tested for digestion of dietary protein and/or an overgrowth of bacteria in the small and/or large intestine. That came out negative which is good. :P

It also tested for Urinary Lipid Peroxides. "Elevated levels of lipid peroxides is an index of cellular membrane damage due to the action of free radicals. The elevation of lipid perioxides can serve as an early warning of the long term effects of oxidative stress. Oxidative stress can result from exposure to toxins or pathogens, from inappropriate lifestyle factors, excessive exercise, or byproducts of normal metabolism." My score, 5.89. Reference range 1.00 - 7.50.

It tested for urinary bile acide sulfates--a direct measurement of liver function. "Bile acid levels are regulated by teh enterohepatic circulation and little leaks into the bloodstream and in consequence little is converted to sulfate and excreted in the urine. Elevated bile acid levels are associated with impaired liver function, hepatocellular damage, and a high specificity toward hepatobiliary disesases." My score 10.50. Reference range 1.00 - 12.00.

~~~

Here are some of the snacks Dr. R suggested for my bedtime feasting, lol:

One piece of deli turkey or chicken (with no preservatives, 1/2 apple, and 6-10 almonds

A hard boiled egg, small peice of fruit and a few nuts

1-2 ounces of meat (a few bites) leftover from a meal (like THAT's likely to happen :lol: this girl likes to eat and I eat everything as often as I can) and a couple of pieces of celery with a little peanut butter on them

A serving of plain or fruit sweetened yogurt (no added sugar)

A protein bar that contains allergy-free ingredients and has a balance of 3 parts protein to 2 parts carbs

~~~

I also told him about my cookie/chocolate chip binge. He thinks I should stay away from ALL grains. I said I normally DO. :lol::rolleyes:

~~~

Some of the other things he wants me to try as far as sleep...keep my bedroom very dark. It's odd that he specifically mentioned my clock. Just last week the light from it actually started to bother me, so I'm having to turn it away from me. Anyway, he was talking about some sleep study that someone did where they got a group of people, had them sleep in a totally darkened room. Then they shown just a small light on the back of their calf...they measured a definite decrease in melatonin in those people who had the light shine on their CALF... He said you don't actually have to see the light with your eyes, that if it reaches any part of your body, it's enough.

I have two very, very dim night lights that I use because my bathroom is VERY close to the top of my stairs and I can just seen in my lyme middle of the night with no sleep stupor heading for the bathroom and hitting the stairs instead. :P Anyway, the light is just enough so I can actually see the stairs faintly. I may have to get darker curtains though...I have blinds on my window, but only sheer curtains over that, so some light comes in.

dlp252 Apprentice

I thought this was interesting.... (taken from the AOL news story about George W's lyme):

"Lyme disease is a tick-borne infection that, if left untreated, can cause arthritis and other problems. Symptoms can include lethargy, joint pain, fever, limping and loss of appetite. A bacterial disease, it can be eradicated with antibiotic treatment in the early stages, but can become more complicated to treat if not caught early."

I'm happy that it acknowledges that lyme IS a problem if not treated and CAN lead to other things. Um, I haven't experienced the loss of appetite thing though. :lol:

tom Contributor
. . . . I only eat at one Carls Jr. and so far have had very good luck there ordering their low carb burger (it's wrapped in lettuce)...I get it without cheese and stuff.

I bet I've been to very same one. Not many in the south bay.

South from WhF, maybe Curtner or Camden?

No cheese is right!

Once I had to see pickle ingred and they ripped label off that giant tub to bring to me!!

Of course, I last ate there in '05, but it was nice back then, before candida diet.

D'oh!!!! Almost forgot avatar! Hmmm what's to say . . . . . .that's 30 min ago.

AndreaB Contributor
I have two very, very dim night lights that I use because my bathroom is VERY close to the top of my stairs and I can just seen in my lyme middle of the night with no sleep stupor heading for the bathroom and hitting the stairs instead. :P Anyway, the light is just enough so I can actually see the stairs faintly. I may have to get darker curtains though...I have blinds on my window, but only sheer curtains over that, so some light comes in.

I have nightlites in the bathrooms and we have them all over the house. Children won't allow them to leave their bedrooms. I do have a small one in my room for Seth too.

I have heard that the blue light is better, which is what we use.....we just buy blue nightlite bulbs.

dlp252 Apprentice
I bet I've been to very same one. Not many in the south bay.

South from WhF, maybe Curtner or Camden?

Nice new avatar! :) There's one on Camden, but that's not the one, lol. I actually eat with my mom and aunt, so go to one closer to their house.

I have nightlites in the bathrooms and we have them all over the house. Children won't allow them to leave their bedrooms. I do have a small one in my room for Seth too.

I have heard that the blue light is better, which is what we use.....we just buy blue nightlite bulbs.

Hum, mine are green, so the light is very dim...maybe I should check out blue.

Archived