This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

tom Contributor
Dear Claire,

I am sorry to hear SJ is not Celiac friendly. :(

Da noive-a-U!!!

All Claire said was that the CONFERENCE wasn't celiac-friendly!!!!! :P

Don't go badmouthing my San Jo!

You . . ..you . .. . . .Slander Spice you!!!! ;):lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

Re: Bush getting treated for Lyme.

Alot of people are saying that he's most likely got chronic Lyme...has probably been infected long before he got got a bulls-eye and was treated. He's an outdoorsman.....routinely finds ticks on his body, etc.

I dont know if he was treated with standard short-term antibiotics......if so he's most likely still got Lyme. Probably had it prior to last year.....the bulls-eye *could* have been a re-infection.

He's probably got co-infections as well. We'll never hear about any of it while he's still in office. If he's still suffering symptoms they'll be keeping that underwraps for sure.

Anyways....someone posted this on LymeNet. Its pretty apparant there is a decline in his speaking ability.

Brainfog?? :unsure:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

thanks rachel

this would be funny if it wasn't so true and sad...brain fog has a whole new meaning.

judy

jerseyangel Proficient

Jeeze--he sounds like me with brain fog! The looking for the right word, not being able to think quick enough to get a whole thought out--I can relate.

Wow--it looks a lot brain fog to me.

With the Lyme diagnosis, it makes sense.

Of course, mine's from gluten, but fog is fog--right? :D

AndreaB Contributor
Alot of people are saying that he's most likely got chronic Lyme...has probably been infected long before he got got a bulls-eye and was treated. He's an outdoorsman.....routinely finds ticks on his body, etc.

I dont know if he was treated with standard short-term antibiotics......if so he's most likely still got Lyme. Probably had it prior to last year.....the bulls-eye *could* have been a re-infection.

He's probably got co-infections as well. We'll never hear about any of it while he's still in office. If he's still suffering symptoms they'll be keeping that underwraps for sure.

That is interesting. Definate decline.

When's the next election.....is it 2008? That seems a long ways away. :blink:

Green12 Enthusiast

Donna,

That's interesting what your doctor said about eating before sleep. One of my acupuncturists, who is really into adrenal therapy, also has all his patients doing the same to improve sleep. He suggested eating 5 raw almonds immediately before going to sleep, along with a magnesium ( if one can tolerate it). I guess the ratio of protein and fat, and other nutrients in the raw almonds promote good sleep.

tom Contributor

Hmmm I do love my sidekick, but I can't see video on it. Then again, it doesn't cost $500.

Still, Dubya was never the leafiest bush in the woods.

Well before he invaded Iraq, Kurt Vonnegut called Bush and his cronies "Upper crust C students w/ no knowledge of history or geography". (You mean there's more than one kind of Muslim? . . . . . .huh!)

I'll check out the vid today but 1st skeptical thought has to be that if it's a before&after, '2 datapoints do not a trend make'. Maybe the good one was just a good day.

Letterman's been doing that "Great Moments in Presidential History" bit for years.

Annnnnnnnnnnnyway - ack!!! Now that I'm packing, the upcoming Close Encounter is so real!!! I'm even nervous w/ excitement!

Will I quickly recognize you Donna if your hair is different and you're not frozen mid-guffaw???! :lol::D:P

(Hair about same as av right?)

And what the heck time DO we meet? Find out tomorrow? U can call whenever u know.

Maybe I'll see Claire first if you're hung up past 1:30.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
Will I quickly recognize you Donna if your hair is different and you're not frozen mid-guffaw???! :lol::D:P

And what the heck time DO we meet? Find out tomorrow? U can call whenever u know.

That's so neat you guys get to meet up! :D

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna,

That's interesting what your doctor said about eating before sleep. One of my acupuncturists, who is really into adrenal therapy, also has all his patients doing the same to improve sleep. He suggested eating 5 raw almonds immediately before going to sleep, along with a magnesium ( if one can tolerate it). I guess the ratio of protein and fat, and other nutrients in the raw almonds promote good sleep.

Hi Julie!!!! {{{waving hand wildly}}}

Yep, there was a definite thing with the ratio of the carbs, fat and proteins in what the doc gave me. I do take magnesium, but I take two at once for my last evening snack (not the new bedtime one)...maybe I should take one of them at bedtime.

Hair is about the same, just a tad longer...will not be frozen mid-guffaw. :lol: Does Claire know were we're meeting?! I'm not sure I'm the best one to give directions from downtown, lol.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hi Julie!! Great to "see" you! :)

Donna, Claire and Tom...have fun tomorrow! Somebodys gonna have to take a pic of the three of you together....of course Donna will look like this.... :D

I can "sort of" eat almonds now!! :)

I've tried doing the Vitamin C thing on the almonds before (also sunflower seeds) but it failed. It didnt just fail....it failed HEINOUSLY! :P

I also tried grapefruit seed extract.

BUT...thats was when I was also having reactions to the Vitamin C itself. :rolleyes:

Now that I've got some Vitamin C I can handle (it still seems like a miracle to me )...I tried it again. B)

I used Vitamin C and GSE....soaked the almonds and then toasted them in the oven.

OMG...I could eat them! :o

There is still some slight mold symptoms in the sinuses but I'm eating ALOT of almonds. If I were to just eat ONE of these almonds straight outta the bag...it would be pretty significant reactions. :huh:

So yeah.....I havent killed the molds 100% but I've reduced them enough that I can handle eating the almonds now! :D

I dont think it would be wise to rachel the almonds since there is still some reactions.....but its a MAJOR improvement and I could definately snack on these once in awhile. :)

Since Aspergillus showed up big time in BioSET....also in all of my ART sessions and now with the new Dr.'s muscle testing.....I'm pretty sure thats whats in my sinuses. Its definately fungal.

The new Dr. also found problems in my sinuses...I never mentioned it to him. He said its most likely Aspergillus causing the sinus stuff.

It *could* be candida but Aspergillus favors the sinuses...candida might just be mainly causing the gut problems.

I've had all that pain and pressure in my face for way too long now.....its the #1 symptom...especially agravated by molds. <_<

I dont think it would be possible to get rid of the fungal infections while I'm still toxic from the metals...but if I could *treat* it and get some relief in the meantime....I'd be pretty happy with that. :)

tom Contributor
Does Claire know where we're meeting?! I'm not sure I'm the best one to give directions from downtown, lol.

Hey DONNA!!!

Looks like how it goes is most dependent on when you escape from work.

I think u got same email from Claire (3:42pm) that I'm reading.

You have both our ph#s so just call once you're out and we'll say when for WG. (Yay!) :D:lol:

(And we'll have Fun Fun Fun 'til my roommate takes his Tbird away . . . .)

Green12 Enthusiast
Hi Julie!! Great to "see" you! :)

There is still some slight mold symptoms in the sinuses

Hi Rachel, good to see you too :D

Speaking of molds in the sinuses have you tried using a netti pot? Has anyone here tried a netti pot? It is supposed to kill all the beasties, as well as clear alergies, in the nasal and sinus cavities like nobody's business. I don't know if you are able to handle salt yet but it's a simple salt + warm water solution that bathes and cleanses the tissues all up in there.

It's especially effective for seasonal allergies, those who suffer from reactivity to pollen, grasses, molds, etc.

Anyway just thought I'd mention that as something that might offer you some relief as you continue on with your other treatments.

I think someone also mentioned Sporonox? I took high doses and multiple rounds of Sporonox, as well as Diflucan, several years ago.

Donna- you might try taking one of yourmagnesium at your bedtime snack and see if it makes a difference with your sleep, if nothing else it will sure relax you :lol:

Hi to everyone else :)

AndreaB Contributor
Speaking of molds in the sinuses have you tried using a netti pot? Has anyone here tried a netti pot? It is supposed to kill all the beasties, as well as clear alergies, in the nasal and sinus cavities like nobody's business. I don't know if you are able to handle salt yet but it's a simple salt + warm water solution that bathes and cleanses the tissues all up in there.

It's especially effective for seasonal allergies, those who suffer from reactivity to pollen, grasses, molds, etc.

I haven't heard of netti pot. I have seasonal allergies that I'm hoping will diminish once I can go through treatment.

Is it like a nasal wash?

Green12 Enthusiast
I haven't heard of netti pot. I have seasonal allergies that I'm hoping will diminish once I can go through treatment.

Is it like a nasal wash?

It literally is a pot. It looks kind of like a genie pot that you rub and make a wish :lol:

Here is an example: Open Original Shared Link

(I am not endorsing or promoting this particular site, it was just the first one that came up in a search that had a good picture to give you an example :) )

You put a saline solution of salt and warm water inside and then lean over the sink, head tilted to one side and the water goes up one nostril, through the nasal and sinus cavities, and comes out the other nostril. Then you tip your head to the other side and repeat the process.

You can find them at health food stores and even Walgreens I believe.

It's a very simple thing you can do to help with sinus allergy symptoms.

AndreaB Contributor
It literally is a pot. It looks kind of like a genie pot that you rub and make a wish :lol:

It does look like a genie pot! :lol:

Have you heard anything good or bad about noni concentrate? It's supposed to be good for colds and I think flu. I'd have to look it up again. Seth came up with that remedy on his ASYRA but since we haven't had an ART session he's not taking any supplements. That'll be the 5th for the next ART/ASYRA session for them.

tabasco32 Apprentice

HI everyone

Just checking in. How is everyone. Rachel sounds like your LED went good. Miamia hope your feeling better. Andrea hope you guys are all doing well. Hi Jin. I need to go to fresno right now. There is this beef at trader joes that is veggie feed free of hormones and stuff.

So I am feeling so-so today. Got my DMSA yesterday. So afraid to take it. Oh man. Last week i gave my mom a sample of strawberry shortcake they were passing out at whole foods. She ate it in the car with the air on. All week I taste it and get yeast and bloated and squishy guts and sweet taste in mouth. This has been going on for a week. How sick is that!

I really am not starting to like this very much. :angry: Starts to happen as soon as my mom walks in the house. I don't want to live in a bubble and avoid my family. What to do, what to do.

See you guys

Lisa

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Anyway just thought I'd mention that as something that might offer you some relief as you continue on with your other treatments.

Julie....I've heard of a netti pot but wasnt too sure what it was exactly. Thanks for the explanation. :)

A couple years ago when I was on a candida board someone suggested doing some salt water "snizzles"....or something like that. :unsure:

I was doing exactly what you describe but w/out the netti pot. Seems like the pot would have made things much easier.

I also did it with ACV (apple cider vinegar). It pretty much burned like heck but it seemed like it helped a little.

Anyways, I read some posts from people that have said a GSE nasal spray was the most effective thing they tried. I bought some tonight....gonna try it later.

Whatever infections are in my sinuses....they are causing the worst of my symptoms and I think producing ALOT of toxins. :(

Aspergillus and Candida will be addressed in my 4th LED treatment.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Oh....in case anyone was wondering. I never sent out any emails.

I ended up just posting everything. :rolleyes:

I guess its easier for me to do bits at a time....rather than one long email. :)

Guest shellyh
LED (laser energetic detoxification) speeds up detoxification. It removes many toxins from the body in a 24 hour period.

Toxins contributing to health problems are first identified through electrodermal screening or kinesiology (muscle testing). These toxins are then targeted with LED.

Its an alternative method of treatment. I do not see mainstream Dr.'s anymore as they were unable to offer me any help and did not have any understanding of my illness. Thankfully I found some very good Dr.'s who do understand things like mercury toxicity, fungal problems, Lyme Disease, etc.

Heres a site with a good explanation of LED.

Open Original Shared Link

Also, on this page (post #20713) I posted all about LED...what it does, how it works, etc. :)

Thanks Rachele,

I read a bit on Led, but could you tell me where they offer this in the bay area and what this treatment costs? I live in Cupertino (Close to Willow Glenn, hope to meet you guys

I did not see how long this takes to clear? 6 months? A year or more?

Shelly

Guest shellyh
Shelly,

I started seeking out treatments due to food intolerances and my daughters behavior (she's my oldest at 7).

My youngest has many food intolerances and I figured since I have amalgams that that would be part of the problem. Before I went gluten free he seemed to be developing slower, but the physical development/motor development picked up after that. He's still not talking and I don't know whether that's going to be a problem. I figure I'll give him more time since he's still under 2.

My second child had mercury show up already and was just treated (LED) for that. My daughter did test through ART (Muscle testing stands for Autonomic Response Testing) with mercury but it's behind other metals right now. I'm assuming metals will come up with my youngest (he already had the gold group come up) since I had dental work done before we knew we were expecting and then had a root canal done my last trimester.

I know the older two tested for fungal issues/candida and assume it will come up with the youngest as well. The boys haven't gone through the ART session yet. We just did the ASYRA (that tests energetic frequencies to find problems in the body) so they could start LED treatments and save some money for us doing them all at once. They'll all have an ART/ASYRA session on the 5th of September after they finish the LED's treatments that came up.....including food sensitivities.

Mold could be causing the problems all on their own but if you want more detailed account of what's going on within your child's body you can seek out someone who does the ASYRA. The person Rachel just started seeing does muscle testing, then LED treatments so that would work if you're somewhat near her. It's tough to have to avoid so many foods.

I'd be glad to email the LED sheets for you to look at if you are interested in seeing what groups of things are treated. Just pm me your email address. I can also send the stuff I typed up that came up with my children so far.

Andrea,

So are you guys saying that we can stop avoiding all of these foods very soon if we just get these treatments? (PLEASE say yes). My email address is info@countryclubkidz.com, I would be so thankful if you could email the LED sheets for me!

Guest shellyh
Neither coffee nor almond milk is good for yeast overgrowth . .. . ..wait . . .. . I'm still not sure if you have that. I know the mold allergy, but unsure if it's alone or caused by candida/yeast.

Anyway - if candida, coffee kills good bacteria, but almond milk has a sweetener which feeds the yeast and makes symptoms quickly. In my experience anyway.

Never saw an unsweetened almond milk.

Nuts - tons of variation here for candida diet, and mold allergy can disallow all (hi Rachel).

I ended up w/ 5 that'd be ok if bought raw and roasted by me. Baked really.

Almonds, cashews,brazils, filbert/hazelnuts & pecans. Never liked pecans but rest were fine.

I tell ya Shell, I knew IN A SECOND you needed to come here.

Glad ya made it! :)

Hi Tom,

I get unsweetened almond milk, these are the ingredients:Purified water, almonds, tapioca starch, natural vanilla flavor with other natural flavors, calcium carbonate, sea salt potassium citrate,carageenan, soy lecithin, vatamin A palmitate, vitamin D-2 and D-alpha-tocopherol (Natural vitamin E).

I do not think I want to try it again at least right now!

I am not sure if this says anything, but my IgG and IgE showed up negative for candida.

I would still like to try to meet you all tomorrow! I need to shake the hand of the guy who might have helped me buy back some of my sanity. People(Family and some friends) just think I am losing it when I mention all of this stuff to them.

Shelly

AndreaB Contributor
Oh....in case anyone was wondering. I never sent out any emails.

I ended up just posting everything. :rolleyes:

I guess its easier for me to do bits at a time....rather than one long email. :)

I figured you wouldn't have much, or anything to add after all the posts. :)

I did not see how long this takes to clear? 6 months? A year or more?

I think it depends on how toxic a person is. I'd say 6 months to a year, maybe sooner if you have the funds to do treatments more frequently. Everytime they clear what came up with the ASYRA, they run the test again and see what else comes up. I think you're supposed to go in once or twice a year after everything is cleared to check everything.

Andrea,

So are you guys saying that we can stop avoiding all of these foods very soon if we just get these treatments? (PLEASE say yes).

That's my understanding. We'll know more the end of the month.

Rachel could probably pm you the person she sees for this.

Guest shellyh
Dear Shelly,

I would say get the testing done for mold as soon as possible! You can find people who do it in the phone book. Many also remove mold if it is troublesome. I heard Atlas Vanlines actually does this. I was a bit surprised. These mycotoxins are extremely dangerous to be exposed to, and have been cited as causes of lung cancer, intestinal hemmhorages, chronic body pain, respiratory illness, and numerous other things.

Almond milk may have a number of things in it that does not set well. Many soymilks have seaweed called carageenan. A number of people react badly to ingesting it. What were the ingredients? That could help us sort this out. Chocolate is not surprising, many people do not do well on that, especially people who have Candida.

Do you often have a white coating on your tongue? Does eating fruit make you feel worse? Do mushrooms and bread with yeast or foods with vinegar bother you? Do you have heartburn frequently, ringing in the ears, lower abdominal bloating, headaches, and/or nausea frequently? How about strange rashes that come out of nowhere (like eczema), then disappear? If so, you could have Candida.

Hi Jin,

the almond milk does have carageenan. Is seaweed out as well? My son loves seaweed, but I would not let him have it the other day since I was not sure.

I do not have a white coating, I do have the bloating, nausea and I am finding fruit to be a problem which makes me feel very lethargic and a bit fatigued.

A while back, I adopted my son's diet which is gluten-free, soy, dairy, vinegar free and has been yeast free now for about 2 or 3 months. I did not notice feeling too much better after losing the yeast?

Thanks for the info on the mold testing, I am definitely looking into it!

Shelly

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Thanks Rachele,

I read a bit on Led, but could you tell me where they offer this in the bay area and what this treatment costs? I live in Cupertino (I did not see how long this takes to clear? 6 months? A year or more?

Shelly

Shelly.....was that your phone # you posted? If so...you might want to delete that from your post.....after all...this is the internet and many people view this thread. ;)

There arent many practitioners doing LED right now....its still a very new treatment. People are just beginning to learn it and to incorporate it into their practice.

Originally I was going to have to travel if I wanted to get it done by someone whos got some experience with it. Fortunately, I learned of this Dr. here in the Bay Area who's been doing it. :)

The cost varies....not everyone charges the same.....this Dr. is pretty expensive (Palo Alto).

I can send you the details if you'd like. :)

As far as getting the treatments and not having to avoid foods anymore......I dont think anything is ever that easy. It would depend on alot of things. Same with the amount of time to see improvement....it really depends on the individual.

For example....if you're living with toxic mold....I dont think the treatments would be as effective as they would if you were not exposed to mold everyday. I dont think you can overcome any chronic illness while still being exposed to whatever is causing it in the first place.

The testing can help pinpoint the problems though.

Also mercury....if you're carrying around toxic levels of mercury and have fungi infections because of it....everything would be alot more dificult to overcome if the person is still walking around with a mouthful of fillings.

The treatments help with detoxification but I'm not *solely* relying on these treatments...I'm doing other things as well. Then again...I'm pretty toxic and I'm dealing with alot of issues.....you might not need as much but I'm not familiar with your situation.

Alot of my treatment is also addressing the infections....I have to take stuff to treat those bugs as well.

Like anything....people have different experiences with LED....nothing is *guaranteed*......BUT many people do benefit....so I'm hoping to be one of them. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Carrageenan is one of the things I avoid...and I've had problems with everything containing carrageenan.

Its not exactly known to be the healthiest thing for us... I usually find it on lists containing the most toxic food ingredients. Like this one...

Heres more info on carrageenan..

Carrageenan is a common food additive that comes from red seaweed also known as Irish Moss or Chondrus Crispus. Carrageen has long been used as a thickener and emulsifier in ice cream, yogurt, cottage cheese and other processed food products, including soy milk.

However, results of a study published in October 2001 suggest that carrageenan may not be as safe as once thought. Findings from animal studies and a review of the scientific literature showed that degraded forms of carrageenan can cause ulcerations and cancers of the gastrointestinal tract.

IS CARRAGEENAN REALLY NATURAL?

Carrageenan is about as wholesome as monosodium glutamate

(MSG), which is extracted from rice, and can equally be

considered natural. Aspartame (NutraPoison) is also natural,

as it is extracted from decayed plant matter that has been

underground for millions of years (oil). So too are many

other substances such as carrageenan that can also be

classified by FDA and USDA as wholesome and natural

food additives.

Just because something comes from a natural source does

not mean that it is safe. The small black dots in the