This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
As far as getting the treatments and not having to avoid foods anymore......I dont think anything is ever that easy. It would depend on alot of things. Same with the amount of time to see improvement....it really depends on the individual.

For example....if you're living with toxic mold....I dont think the treatments would be as effective as they would if you were not exposed to mold everyday. I dont think you can overcome any chronic illness while still being exposed to whatever is causing it in the first place.

The testing can help pinpoint the problems though.

Also mercury....if you're carrying around toxic levels of mercury and have fungi infections because of it....everything would be alot more dificult to overcome if the person is still walking around with a mouthful of fillings.

Yes, LED treatments that we are doing deal with the toxins then the food sensitivities. After the next ART/ASYRA we'll see what other toxins come up, and whether more food sensitivities come up.

The doctor wrote the following on the paperwork I got from the ART session......Know that the foods allergies/intolerance will change over time and improve and you'll be able to experiment with adding foods back.

I figure between metals and fungal issues that that is behind our intolerances for the most part. I don't know how much toxins would play in that but I assume it's part of the puzzle. It's all interconnected and confusing at the same time. The body is a complex thing.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor
Hi Tom,

I get unsweetened almond milk, these are the ingredients:Purified water, almonds, tapioca starch, natural vanilla flavor with other natural flavors, calcium carbonate, sea salt potassium citrate,carageenan, soy lecithin, vatamin A palmitate, vitamin D-2 and D-alpha-tocopherol (Natural vitamin E).

I do not think I want to try it again at least right now!

I am not sure if this says anything, but my IgG and IgE showed up negative for candida.

Seems to say something to me.

It says I should defer to those w/ all the knowledge past candida. I just know my candida stuff.

BTW, I wouldn't have been able to have that unswt almMilk, but just because of the vanilla and mysterious "other natural flavors".

I was fine w/ the seaweed.

I would still like to try to meet you all tomorrow! I need to shake the hand of the guy who might have helped me buy back some of my sanity.

Aw shucks . . . . . . <kicks dirt>

You'll be helping others before long.

It hasn't been said here as far as I know, but we kinda naturally Pay It Forward.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

I wondered if anyone else saw that on CNN! I was so glad they finally talked about it. Dr. Gupta seems to be more aware of such things. Why can't there be more doctors like him? Dubya seems to have gotten lucky that they found the rash.

I always have the television on. I do not sleep very well without it! I do not know why. My cousin is that way, too. I am concerned this is interfering with my electomagnetic field. The slightest noise or sound bothers me, and it drives me up the wall some days.

Your liver testing seems to have served you well! :) It looks like the h. pylori is still gone! Plus, all of your other levels were normal. So, your hepatobialary system was alright. Detoxing is helping!

Those guidelines for the snacks sound like The Zone. I do better when I eat that way, too. I will wake up with my heart pounding and sweaty if my blood sugar is low. I often have to eat and then go back to sleep. I really liked The Zone, because it also helps your mental clarity.

Dear Rachel,

That is a dramatic difference! :blink: I could not believe how fast Dubya spoke in the previous segment. He has slowed his speech a lot! Maybe he did have Lyme before, but it was not active until this last tick bite. That is what I feel makes sense anyway.

I do not think I tolerate carageenan either. I had Dad pick up some soymilk without it, and I have not gotten that terrible pukey feeling afterwards like I had before. I was worried it was the soy. Now I know it might now be. Thank you for the links and information on it!

That is horrifying to learn it caused ulcers in guinea pigs! :o My poor little piggies! Dr. Andrew Weil is one of my favorite doctors. I love reading articles and advice from him in Let's Live Magazine. I have not gotten an issue in a long time, and hope to an issue again soon.

I wonder why I can eat MSG but not carageenan? Are they different types of seaweed? I know neither is natural. Man-made is the norm now. Even the most naturally derived ingredients are messed up by processing now. Even so, I do not make a habit of eating MSG often.

I agree that Shelly may have a number of factors causing her discomfort. There are many possibilities. Mold is a good one. Root causes are often ignored my doctors. That is the trouble, they only treat symptoms, not obliterate the underlying illness altogether.

Dear Judy,

Are you making any progress? I am going to have to call my doctor back again. Lyme is a deadly disease, and these morons take their sweet time. I have to discuss my tooth as well with her, but am not due for my hormone shot until next month. We have to pay up front, and I am not sure I can see her before my shot is due.

Dear tom,

Hey, be fair! I thought Claire meant the town, not the convention! Slander Spice!? :blink::o:huh::lol: You have to admit, no matter what, restaurants in general no matter what town you are in, are normally not Celiac friendly. I do not like to chance it. Here, we really do not have many options. The risk is not worth it.

You will have a blast at the meeting! I know it is going to be great! I want to be there so much! This is yet another reason I would have been happier in California. Of course, pollution might actually be as bad or worse there.

Now, give Dubya a break! Afterall, he has it hard enough. He looks like a monkey! You are sounding like my annoying Democrap relatives! I am not Republican or Democrat. I feel they are all lying through the skin of their teeth, so it does not matter who you vote for, because they are not going to do anything once they are in office. We should make them do stuff for us before they get into office. That way, it will not matter so much when they do nothing.

Dear Shelly,

Maybe you will get to meet up with everyone! That would be neat! Maybe one day we all will be able to get together!

It would be one big, gluten-free party! One day, we will, I know it!

The carageenan is a likely suspect. (So is gluten if they do not say the Vitamin E or natural flavors are not from wheat germ oil.) Always check with the manufacturer when in doubt. If your son can eat seaweed with no ill effects, I do not see why he should not eat it. Just make sure you rotate your diet. Have you done a rotation diet?

I am glad to hear you are going to pursue the mold angle. That may be why you do not tolerate fruit. It does sound like you should have the Candida under control by now. Your tongue being pink is a good sign! However, toxic mold being present could cause intestinal and respiratory problems all on its own. You are more than welcome for the information! I just want you and your son to be well!

Also, considering the area you live in, mercury could be adding to the burden on your system. It can make sensitivities to mold unbearable! Rachel has dealt with this. Do you have any metal fillings in your teeth? Do you eat a lot of fish or seafood? Those can increase the trouble.

Dear Patti,

I get some brain fog as well. I do not get it from being glutened, but from the promethazine I have to take when I get glutened. It makes me terribly drowsy and stupid. Dubya could very well have Lyme Brain. That would explain some of his not-so-good decisions.... :lol:

Dear Andrea,

Nightlights are kind of essential for children! They are good to have around for clumsy individuals as well! I know if I could not see, I would be in worse shape. I get very disoriented in the dark. I never thought of using a blue light. Where do you get them? Are they expensive?

Shelly probably could benefit from the ASYRA and LED information. That method is very useful. There are so many things the treatments help with! I would love to do them if I could afford to! Maybe I should add this to my "When I am Rich" list.

Dear Julie,

The ratio of fat, carbohydrates, and protein is very important. I know The Zone Diet's ratio is 30 percent fat, 30 percent protein, and 40 percent carbohydrate. It is sort of technical, but the closer it is followed, the better it will work for you. It does not just help with weightloss by making only 20 percent of it be accounted from exercise, but helps maximize brain function. Keeping blood sugar balanced is an added perk, too. This diet is a hormonally correct diet.

I have heard of Netti Pots! I have year-round allergies. If I am not allergic to something inside, I am allergic to something outside! I even have a skin reaction to molds, pollen, grasses, cottonwood, dog hair, and certain trees. I have done saline rinses in the past, and they helped with the headaches. It would be nice to stop taking some of the sinus pills so often.

Dear Lisa,

I am so glad you are atleast doing so-so. I have a lot of times like that. They are still more welcome than the please-shoot-me-and-put-me-out-of-my-misery days. I get that where I taste and smell things like foods and perfume for a long time after I have been exposed to them. I do not know what causes that. I can see why you are scared about the DMSA. Keep us updated!

Sincerely,

Jin

Rachel--24 Collaborator
The doctor wrote the following on the paperwork I got from the ART session......Know that the foods allergies/intolerance will change over time and improve and you'll be able to experiment with adding foods back.

I think the results depend on alot of factors.....not the same for everyone.

I dont think your family needs anything other than LED since you're starting this prior to reaching the point of illness. :)

I see LED more as a tool to help me get to where I need to be at a quicker pace.....but I dont believe I could *just* do LED and recover.

So many other things have to be addressed....gotta build the body back up with nutrients...gotta identify and deal with all pathogens and other major stressors....gotta heal the gut, etc.

Clearing out the toxins makes everything else alot easier but depending on the severity of illness...it might take alot more work (in addition to LED) for some people to get to the point where eating w/out reacting becomes a reality.

Since regaining my health isnt really a possibility while still having a toxic body....I think LED will help alot with removing much of this burden...but there will still be more work to do during and after these treatments. I think it would be the same for most who have reached the point of having severe symptoms and are having alot of problems with their health.

I have heard of peole who did not get better after LED treatments...but I think its might be because they needed alot more than what they did. Also some people did not get better doing LED with one Dr....and then had better results with another....I think because the order in which things are done really *is* important and different practitioners go about things in different ways.

It really does get complicated sometimes...and yup...the body is very complex!

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, Claire and Tom...have fun tomorrow! Somebodys gonna have to take a pic of the three of you together....of course Donna will look like this....

I can "sort of" eat almonds now!! :)

I'm going to try to remember to bring my camera, lol.

Wow, how awesome is it that you can eat almonds!?! That's amazing!

You have both our ph#s so just call once you're out and we'll say when for WG. (Yay!)

Okie dokie! :)

Has anyone here tried a netti pot? It is supposed to kill all the beasties, as well as clear alergies, in the nasal and sinus cavities like nobody's business. I don't know if you are able to handle salt yet but it's a simple salt + warm water solution that bathes and cleanses the tissues all up in there.

Donna- you might try taking one of yourmagnesium at your bedtime snack and see if it makes a difference with your sleep, if nothing else it will sure relax you

I didn't try the pot, but I did do nasal washes...I think they helped a little, but at the time I did them I was during the 3-year-constant-sinus-infection period and NOTHING helped. They might actually help more now that I'm over that vicious cycle of terror. :P I think my food intolerances and the lyme are affecting me the most in that area, so as long as I keep that under control, my sinuses aren't bad.

I tried taking my last magnesium capsule at bedtime last night. Too soon to tell I think. I'm not sure the snack thing is helping either...I may have to experiment with what I eat and how much. So far, very restless nights the last two nights. :(

Just checking in.

Hi Lisa, good to hear from you...I was actually wondering how you were once I realized we hadn't heard from you in a while. Your post sounds better than the last few that's for sure!

For example....if you're living with toxic mold....I dont think the treatments would be as effective as they would if you were not exposed to mold everyday. I dont think you can overcome any chronic illness while still being exposed to whatever is causing it in the first place.

Yep, one reason why I haven't asked for the LED Dr's info yet, lol. Pretty sure I've got that living-with-toxic-mold thing happening, so not sure how much I would get out of the treatments at this point in time...then there's the whole, no stove or microwave thing... :lol: Donna might starve to death in 25 hours. :lol:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

I agree that you normally have to do a lot more than one type of treatment for detox if you have already become ill.

If you catch it before problems appear, then the LED may be all that is needed. Like you said, it varies from person to person. No one will need the exact same treatment. I am just happy to hear you are getting better, since you can sort of eat almonds now! :)

That was scary about potato eyes containing poison! I have eaten them in the past! OMG! How terrifying! Am I poisoned? How can you fix this? Potato peel is poisonous to guinea pigs. They can have potatoes though.

Dear Donna,

I have had restless nights lately, too. I have not slept very well for the past few days. I tend to do really well for a while, then have problems for a few days in a row. It could be Lyme, I am not sure. The low blood sugar does add to it, though.

Aren't you excited about your meeting today! I hope you guys get some good pics. I am really anxious to hear how it goes! Meanwhile, I am busy studying and trying to catch up with my Finance. I need to get online with a tutor so I can get help. I do not want to be too far behind.

Sinus troubles are no fun. I get them a lot. Mine might very well be mold induced. There is not a lot I can do about it, though. We cannot afford to get things tested. I get that feeling that Rachel gets, with the head swelling. Does that make you feel like you are going to passout too?

I think I would starve without a microwave or stove, too! Ours is gas, though. That is allowed following the LED treatments, right? That is what I would think, anyway. Really, eating food cold would be no big deal for me! :lol:

Sincerely,

Jin

dlp252 Apprentice
I get that feeling that Rachel gets, with the head swelling. Does that make you feel like you are going to passout too?

Well, I know that up until the first of this year, I felt like I was going to pass out nearly continuously. That feeling has mostly gone away.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie....I've heard of a netti pot but wasnt too sure what it was exactly. Thanks for the explanation. :)

A couple years ago when I was on a candida board someone suggested doing some salt water "snizzles"....or something like that. :unsure:

I was doing exactly what you describe but w/out the netti pot. Seems like the pot would have made things much easier.

I also did it with ACV (apple cider vinegar). It pretty much burned like heck but it seemed like it helped a little.

Anyways, I read some posts from people that have said a GSE nasal spray was the most effective thing they tried. I bought some tonight....gonna try it later.

Whatever infections are in my sinuses....they are causing the worst of my symptoms and I think producing ALOT of toxins. :(

Aspergillus and Candida will be addressed in my 4th LED treatment.

OMgosh I can imagine how much that burned when you snorted the apple cider vinegar :o ACV burns my throat when I drink it straight up, yikes, up the nose? You are braver than I :lol: , but if it helped and makes a difference then it's worth it. I hope you have success with the nasal spray.

The netti pot does make nasal/sinus irrigation easier. When you use the salt water solution it cleanses out old nasal secretions that has trapped all the allergens (like dust, molds, pollens, etc), it also soothes the tissues and membranes and increases blood flow to the area, accelerating the healing process. The vinegar was probably suggested for it's antibacterial properties.

My acupuncturist has me gargling ume plum vinegar at the first sign of a sore throat for the same reason, it has I believe the highest in antibacterial properties and very healing. It tastes nasty :o , but it again it did help.

Donna,

I'm sorry to hear you had some restless nights :(

I'm thinking it might take some time for the bedtime snack, magnesium, and 5HTP to all kick in and work in sync to balance your sleep patterns. I missed how long you have been taking the 5HTP but I know for me it was a good 3 months before I noticed any benefit just with that alone.

Hey to all who are meeting up today, have a great time!

Hi Jin, thanks for the comments. I'm Julie, nice to meet you :)

Same to Tom, thanks for the comments, nice to meet you too :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Julie, gosh I think I've been taking the 5-HTP for at least 4 months...definitely 2, but probably longer because that's when I saw my LLMD and I know I was taking it for a while before I saw him last. I'm also taking melatonin with it. :(

tom Contributor
I could not believe how fast Dubya spoke in the previous segment.

I still need to see that.

Was 'fast George' from back in his cocaine days?

You have to admit, no matter what, restaurants in general no matter what town you are in, are normally not Celiac friendly.

I hear Helsinki's nice! ;)

You will have a blast at the meeting! I know it is going to be great! I want to be there so much!

I want to be there too!!

My #$%^&*^%$ FLIGHT got cancelled!!!

It's like it's part of series of tests to see just what it takes to dim my smile.

Couple days ago a non-starting car didn't do it, and today's cancelled flight didn't do it.

I say "bring it on!" - I'll be forever thrilled that I finally got my brain back!!! :)

I have a boarding pass (and better seat) but I'm not in until 3p, and plan was to see Claire ~1:30p and Donna maybe 2-ish!!!!!!!!

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Time to audible like Johnny U.!!!

(BIG bonus points if anyone *here* knows that last name - no fair asking DHs!)(fewer pts if u know it but grew up near Maryland)

;):)

AndreaB Contributor
I dont think your family needs anything other than LED since you're starting this prior to reaching the point of illness. :)

I'm pretty sure the LED will take care of most, if not all the things with the children. We'll probably still have to do the anticandida diet. That will kill them in and of itself. If there anything aside from grains and fruit? :P

The only thing I'm not sure of is chelation. I don't know how much LED does and whether chelation would still be necessary.

Yep, one reason why I haven't asked for the LED Dr's info yet, lol. Pretty sure I've got that living-with-toxic-mold thing happening, so not sure how much I would get out of the treatments at this point in time...then there's the whole, no stove or microwave thing... :lol: Donna might starve to death in 25 hours. :lol:

I think you can use the microwave as long as you don't touch it. I think you can use a pencil eraser tip to program it......then get out of the room while it's going. :P

I think I would starve without a microwave or stove, too! Ours is gas, though. That is allowed following the LED treatments, right? That is what I would think, anyway. Really, eating food cold would be no big deal for me! :lol:

I think gas is ok.....it's not electric.

The blue nightlite bulbs I buy are in the lighting section of Fred Meyer. Whatever stores you have that have a lighting section should have them. They aren't in the main part of the grocery stores, only the lighting area.

My FLIGHT got cancelled!!!

I have a boarding pass (and better seat) but I'm not in until 3p, and plan was to see Claire ~1:30p and Donna maybe 2-ish!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry Tom. That's so unfair. :(

dlp252 Apprentice
Time to audible like Johnny U.!!!

(BIG bonus points if anyone *here* knows that last name - no fair asking DHs!)(fewer pts if u know it but grew up near Maryland)

Well pooh that your flight got cancelled...Claire has to be at the airport at 3:00...maybe you guys can meet up there, lol.

The only Johnny U that comes to mind with audible is Johnny Unitas. I didn't grow up anywhere near Maryland--California girl here.

I think you can use the microwave as long as you don't touch it. I think you can use a pencil eraser tip to program it......then get out of the room while it's going.

Well THAT's good! :P

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie, gosh I think I've been taking the 5-HTP for at least 4 months...definitely 2, but probably longer because that's when I saw my LLMD and I know I was taking it for a while before I saw him last. I'm also taking melatonin with it. :(

Donna, just some thoughts: Is it a case of you taking too much? From what I understand everyone reacts differently with 5HTP supplementation, you might just have to find a dosage that is right for you. I have read that sensitive individuals especially respond better on a smaller dose and some have difficulty with the side effects (mostly stomach issues).

Are you taking it on an empty stomach for maximum absorption? Are you taking it during the am and feeling it's effects during the day rather than the night or later in the day? All these things may make a slight difference. Also, maybe you have been taking it too long? It might be an issue worth revisiting with your doctor to see if you need to adjust dosage, or to even continue taking it at all.

I know nothing about melatonin, is it compatible with 5HTP when taken together?

I hope you get some restful sleep soon :) , it's so crucial in the healing process!

Maybe we should do a sleep dance for you :lol:

Andrea, sorry I missed this yesterday- I don't know a thing about noni juice. If I remember right I am thinking Carla or rinne talked about it so maybe they have some info for you :)

Tom- Johnny Unitas?

dlp252 Apprentice

Thanks Julie! I take 2 capsules (can't remember now how much is in each capsule), one hour before bed and, 2 capsules at bed. I take 2, 3mg tablets of melatonin at bed. Both doctors LLMD and the one at the clinic I go to, think it's okay to take them together. The LLMD also gave me another supplement to take, which I've run out of, which is supposed to help the liver detox. He says that the hours I'm waking up are the prime detox hours for the liver, so his hope was that the supplement would help that process. Jury is still out on any of them though. I'll be seeing him on Tuesday so will discuss the sleep issue and pick up some more of the supplement.

I've tried only taking 1 or two capsules, and I've tried taking one without the other.

I try to take a few days rest from all of them every once in a while...since I'm not sleeping that well anyway, might as well try it now, lol. The few times I've not taken them, I've been awake virtually all night. :(

I know the doctor at the clinic doesn't want me to take stuff...his goal is to get me away from taking so much stuff, but he wants me to sleep. :(

So in the end...sleep dance please!!!! :lol::lol:

diamondheart Newbie

Hey Everyone,

I found a computer in the lobby of my hotel that I can work on for awhile before heading off to the airport to get my rental car.

On the field trip I went on for this conference, I was pulling off the meat from the sandwiches we were given for lunch. The gal next to me said she would be doing the same thing, so we got to talking about celiac and what not. When you attend a conference like this, they ask if you are vegetarian, but no one thinks to ask if you are celiac :angry: . Since I'm not technically celiac, I didn't mind getting a few crumbs on my sandwich fillings.

I got a sore throat after the field trip and I thought it might be the pollution in the area, but it ended up turning into a cold :( . I had froggy voice for my talk this morning :lol: . I'm so glad it's over!

I'm not surprised I got a cold. After all the stress I've been under at work, not getting enough sleep, then travelling and having 3 amalgams removed a week and a half ago, it all finally came to a head, my head :lol: . It wasn't too bad. I tried to sleep as much as possible in the last couple of days. I feel slightly better today.

I'd love to stay in a hotel with a kitchen when travelling. I bought a one pot burner for this trip and brought my camping pot kit :lol: . It worked out pretty good, but I think I have to be careful not to cook too smelly food. It smells kinda weird in my room now from the buffalo burgers I brought with me :ph34r:. Where I'm going to Asilomar, they cook the meals for us and have a great chefs who are accomodating for diets like ours. I just hope I don't drive them crazy! I've been there before, so I'm not worried about that.

Shelly, I didn't catch up with you soon enough for our Rachelville rendezvous :( .

Lisa, you do sound a little better since your last e-mail. Hope you can stall on taking the DMSA till at least the rest of your amalgams are out. Let us know how it goes.

Claire

CarlaB Enthusiast
I don't know a thing about noni juice. If I remember right I am thinking Carla or rinne talked about it so maybe they have some info for you :)

I think Rinne was taking it. I took it in tincture form while I was waiting for my LLMD appt., but stopped once I got on the meds/supplements he put me on. (Good to see you again, Julie).

Donna, I'm having the same problem. I have trouble sleeping, then wake up about 4 times per night. I wasn't making much of a deal about it, but my PA said I absolutely had to sleep. She wanted to prescribe something, but I wanted to try the natural stuff first.

I started with Valerian and Melatonin. I was very relaxed, but still didn't sleep. So, I tried the drug she prescribed for three days (Rozerem). It did even less than the herbs.

I read on LN that sublingual Melatonin works better, so I bought some today. I also bought some 5HTP and some L - Tryptophan (supposed to help people who wake up 3 or more times per night). Tonight, I'm going to take the Valerian (I like it, it's relaxing), Melatonin, and L-Tryptophan. I'm going to try various combos to see what works.

If none of them do, I'll have to go on something stronger.

Green12 Enthusiast
I think Rinne was taking it. I took it while I was waiting on my LLMD appt., but stopped once I got on the meds/supplements he put me on. (Good to see you again, Julie).

Donna, I'm having the same problem. I have trouble sleeping, then wake up about 4 times per night. I wasn't making much of a deal about it, but my PA said I absolutely had to sleep. She wanted to prescribe something, but I wanted to try the natural stuff first.

I started with Valerian and Melatonin. I was very relaxed, but still didn't sleep. So, I tried the drug she prescribed for three days (Rozerem). It did even less than the herbs.

I read on LN that sublingual Melatonin works better, so I bought some today. I also bought some 5HTP and some L - Tryptophan (supposed to help people who wake up 3 or more times per night). Tonight, I'm going to take the Valerian (I like it, it's relaxing), Melatonin, and L-Tryptophan. I'm going to try various combos to see what works.

Hi Carla :) Good to see you again too. I hope that you get your sleep issues sorted out soon as well, hopefully the combo ot melatonin, l-tryptophan, and valerian will do the trick. I aslo read some people do better with taking the 5HTP out of the capsule and mixing it with water, juice, etc. if it is something you are going to try out. Mabye that maximizes absorption, it makes sense with the sublingual melatonin.

Aslo hello to Nikki and Mango and Patti, I know they gave me a shout out a couple pages back :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
The only thing I'm not sure of is chelation. I don't know how much LED does and whether chelation would still be necessary.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure once I'm through with LED....chelation will still be in my future.

Even if I was totally symptom free I'd still wanna start chelation....and I'll pursue that with Dr. S. when I get to that point. It should go pretty smoothly if I'm feeling alot better and have all the support I need. :)

The new Dr. had said that we dont have to get *everything* out in order for me to feel healthy again....because I was never free of toxins to begin with.

I understand what he's saying but I still would feel better doing some chelation until the metals stop showing up in ART. :)

At any rate....I'll be taking DMSA after LED when its appropriate. Obviously it will be needed after my 5th session...not sure if it will be used after any of the other treatments.

What was Micah given to help with detox after his LED for mercury?

I think you can use the microwave as long as you don't touch it. I think you can use a pencil eraser tip to program it......then get out of the room while it's going. :P

I think gas is ok.....it's not electric.

The girl wasnt too happy about me using the microwave to begin with...she kind of shook her head at me. :ph34r:

She said during the detox period its better if my mom does the cooking...but if it cant be helped she said to run out of the room once the microwave turns on.

The stove is gas....she said when I turn it on to use an oven mitt.

My mom went out of town so next w/end.....I'm on my own!! :o

Andrea, sorry I missed this yesterday- I don't know a thing about noni juice.

Andrea...were you asking about Noni?? The juice or the extract?

What I take is PC Noni.....its totally different from Noni juice.

I dont think the noni juice has any antimicrobial properties whereas the extract does...and its often used to treat Babesia. Its what Amy has me on....but the new Dr. is switching me to Cumanda and Banderol (once we get to that LED treatment)....they tested better than the Noni against the infections.

The Noni juice I've never tried but I've seen it many times at Whole Foods. The extract is made by NutraMedix.

I dont know if anyone else here is on Noni....but just in case...it has to be taken at least 30 minutes away from Samento because they interfere with each other when taken together.

I got a sore throat after the field trip and I thought it might be the pollution in the area, but it ended up turning into a cold :( . I had froggy voice for my talk this morning :lol: . I'm so glad it's over!

Claire,

Glad the conference is over with too! Sorry you had to end up getting sick....I agree that the amalgam removals and the stress from work stuff...traveling, etc...caught up to you. :(

Hope you feel better asap. :)

Lisa, you do sound a little better since your last e-mail. Hope you can stall on taking the DMSA till at least the rest of your amalgams are out. Let us know how it goes.

Yes...she does sound better. :)

Unfortunately I dont think theres much of a chance for stalling till all the fillings are out. I'm just crossing my fingers and praying that things go well for her.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
OMgosh I can imagine how much that burned when you snorted the apple cider vinegar :o ACV burns my throat when I drink it straight up, yikes, up the nose? You are braver than I :lol: , but if it helped and makes a difference then it's worth it. I hope you have success with the nasal spray.

Yup the vinegar burned like heck but only for about a minute. I guess I was pretty desperate cuz I did quite a few of those "snizzles". :lol:

The ACV was suggested for antifungal properties.....its always been about the stupid fungus for me. :rolleyes:

I've done the nasal spray twice now with no problems...hopefully it helps a little but I havent noticed much at this point. Dont know if it takes time or if its just not gonna have that much of an impact on the fungus. <_<

tom Contributor

Yes Ladies & Gen..... . .. .well, me.

C.e.R.k. #1 has begun.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a conspiracy to tell vicious lies about me!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

So you guys met up after all!!! How fun!

AndreaB Contributor
What was Micah given to help with detox after his LED for mercury?

He's still just on the colon-plus caps. He wouldn't tolerate anything else. :(

It has psyllium seed powder, mannitol, kelgin, apple pectin, peppermint leaf powder, flas seed powder, anise seed powder, bromelain, celery seed powder, lactobacillus acidophilus (dds-1), aloe vera powder and prune powder.

Not much we can do when he won't tolerate anything. As we clear toxins and food sensitivities maybe he'll be able to tolerate the modifilan anyway. :unsure:

Andrea...were you asking about Noni?? The juice or the extract?

The following info is what I found for noni concentrate. It is a nutramedix product because it's listed under nutramedix filter.

Open Original Shared Link

I assume Seth will be put on that once we go throught the ART session, if he can tolerate it.

AndreaB Contributor
Yes Ladies & Gen..... . .. .well, me.

C.e.R.k. #1 has begun.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a conspiracy to tell vicious lies about me!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

Love the avatar! :D

That's so neat that you guys got to meet up. :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Well our get together is done...Claire is on her way to Santa Cruz (hopefully :lol: ) and Tom is out looking at places to live. I'm about to crawl onto my beloved couch, lol! :lol: Very fun getting to talk in person!

Yeah, I also tried the valerian root...then the doc switched me to 5-HTP. I'm thinking I might have to do the stronger thing too, but like you wanted to try natural first. :( I just never feel like I'm rested or rejuvenated.

Hi Carla :) Good to see you again too. I hope that you get your sleep issues sorted out soon as well, hopefully the combo ot melatonin, l-tryptophan, and valerian will do the trick. I aslo read some people do better with taking the 5HTP out of the capsule and mixing it with water, juice, etc. if it is something you are going to try out. Mabye that maximizes absorption, it makes sense with the sublingual melatonin.

Hum, I'm going to try taking the 5HTP out of the capsules tonight! Thanks Julie! I sure missed you!!! :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
The following info is what I found for noni concentrate. It is a nutramedix product because it's listed under nutramedix filter.

Open Original Shared Link

I assume Seth will be put on that once we go throught the ART session, if he can tolerate it.

Yeah...thats the same stuff I take. Its the NutraMedix PC - Noni concentrate. Its in a little one ounce bottle...same as all the other tinctures...and it does contain the alcohol.

Heres some info about it that I pulled form LymeNET...

PC-Noni is from a fruit, and is not a juice, but a concentrate of regular Noni. It's therefore more affordable and easier to take. It has 8 times the concentration of Noni juice, thus you can use it by the drops and it is effective - very effective.

PC-NONI (Morinda Citrifolia)

PC-Noni, or Morinda Citrifolia comes from the family Rubiaceae (making it a relative of Samento or Uncaria Tomentosa and complimentary in use.) The species Noni has been used in Island Cultures for the past 2000 years. The area in Hawaii where BioPure Noni is harvested is recognized as ideally suited and is a major source of excellent quality Noni fruit because of the nutrient rich volcanic ash in which it is grown.

The list of phytonutrients in Noni is quite impressive and includes the following:

Scopoletin, Morindadiol, Rubiadin, Seotonin, Damnacanthal, Nordamnacanthal, Anthraquinones, Carotenoids, Bioflavanoids, Morindine, Morindone, Terpenes, Plant Sterols, Glycosides, Alizarin, Ursolic acid, Caproic acid, Glucopyranose, Asperuloside, Serotonin,Alkaloids, Enzymes, Serine, Multi-receptor activators, Chlororubin, Methionine, Alanine, Isolucine, Arginine, Leucine, Aspartate, Lysine, Cysteine, Phen)yalanine, Cystine, Glycine, Tryptophane, Glutamate, Valine Tyrosine, Histadine, Proline, trace elements, vitamins, minerals and many other phytochemicals.

BioPure utilizes a proprietary extraction process to capture and maximize the numerous phytonutrients. The taste is not offensive (which it normally is) and more importantly it is eight times the concentration of regular Noni Juice. This process makes BioPure PC-Noni Juice Concentrate, more affordable, user appealing and has inspired many practitioners and Noni aficionados to switch to this highly concentrated format.

Maintenance Dosage:

Take 5-15 drops per day in half a cup of water on an empty stomach. This may be taken as a one daily dosage as desired.

Therapeutic Dosage:

Acute conditions - Adults take 25 drops every hour until 2-3 hours after symptoms are eliminated. For severe cases take 25 drops every 30 minutes.

Children can take proportionally less by weight.

Chronic Conditions: Take 15-25 drops twice a day (less by weight for children).

Higher dosage may be required for more severe conditions.

PC-Noni can be taken immediately after meals.

Take PC-Samento and PC-Noni at least 30 minutes apart."

Dr. K.'s comments from a recent seminar:

PC-Noni (a concentrated energy-enhanced extract of Noni where the ingredients are made bio-available with a unique proprietary process) is, by experience the most reliable remedy to treat and eliminate intracellular microbes over time (Babesia, Bartonella, Ehrlichiosis, Herpes family).

This process is slow (months) and very rewarding. Several German practitioners have found this amazing property mostly with darkfield microscopy. He is not aware of unbiased published studies to confirm this. However, it is consistent with ART findings and clinical observation.

Most Dr. K. patients are taking PC Noni. It is not the juice of the fruit, but an extract from the whole plant, including bark, etc.

The juice alone does not do what PC Noni does. It is very effective for Lyme/Babesia, etc.

Archived