This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice
No....you should not do anything without knowing whats going on. You should be under a Dr.'s care and guidance before messing around with mercury detox.

Some people do this stuff on their own and I think its fine for people who arent sick and are just doing whats necessary to prevent sickness from occuring....but for people who are already sick I think its best to work with a knowledgable Dr.

I definitely agree with this...I've read too many stories on the mercury boards of people doing on their own and getting sicker and sicker...lyme boards too. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

Eating definitely can mess up sleeping. It varies upon what you eat before going to bed. If you eat chocolate, it will give you strange dreams, or you will be hyped up and cannot sleep. The turkey will only make you sleepy if you eat more than four ounces of it. At least, that is what I read.

My doctor mentioned my adrenals are probably out of whack. I know a diet is supposed to help. It is not complicated. Mainly, you just avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates. You also avoid transfats and caffeine. The caffeine is hard to stop.

Valerian seems to be troublesome for a lot of people. I do not want to try that again! I am going to stick with what I am doing. I have times where I sleep a lot and very well, and then I will have times where I wake up every couple of hours with my heart pounding and cannot rest. My Thyroid is probably responsible for some of this.

I certainly have no desire to chelate unless it is necessary. I am not sure if my doctor knows about the provoked urine test. Right now, I am more concerned about the Lyme. I am annoyed she has not checked out IgeniX. Dad thinks I might have to switch doctors again. I cannot keep doing that. Besides, she is only one of two doctors in the area that know the basic WBs and antibody tests for Lyme are not always what should be used as diagnostics.

Dear Rachel,

I thought doing anything would be unwise until testing could be done. ASYRA, ART, or BioSet all should be done first. I want to be sure. I am not going to cause any more harm than necessary. The last thing I need is to get worse. Since I do not have mercury fillings, that helps.

Sincerely,

Jin

P.S. I see you Susie!

AndreaB Contributor
Heres some info. explaining why its important to use something like DMSA or other supplements (chlorella, modifilan, charcoal, etc) to grab onto the mercury you were exposed to during amalgam removal. Its not safe to use DMSA while there are still filings in place but once removed and if you test ok for it....its something that will really help get rid of the mercury.

Anytime there is "loose" mercury in the blood...its good to get rid of it before it has the opportunity to be stored in your body and add to the total body burden.

This is exactly why some people can get really sick after unsafe removals or not taking any of the proper detox supplements following removals.

Also, whenever you do something to draw out mercury from the tissue or the cells....anything that causes your system to dump some mercury...you then have to have something there to catch it before it gets redistributed and stored again...and possibly in the brain.

Thats why following the LED for mercury...it will be beneficial for me to take the DMSA if I can tolerate it. :)

Also, after amalgams are removed the body starts to naturally detox itself of mercury....instead of storing it like it does when the amalgams are in place.

Because of the heavy loads in organs and tissue....after a period of time a person can start getting sick because there is more mercury being released into their system then the body can handle.

Sometimes several months after removals (especially unsafe ones) the body becomes overwhelmed with mercury and symptoms get much worse.

I think its usually recommended that around 3 months after removals....some form of oral chelation should definately be started as the mercury starts getting dumped into the system after getting cleared from the blood. Of course you do want to be taking the detox supplements from the start.

I'll have to keep all this in mind for next year. I had my crowns done in February/March of 2005 but I still have amalgams in my mouth so I assume my body didn't start dumping anything. Seth still took the brunt of everything.

ami27 Apprentice

Hi everyone. Can I join in the discussion here? There is great information on mercury here (among other things!). I'm really starting to believe that is part of my problem. I first went gluten free and felt GREAT. I thought wow this has been the problem all along. Then I started having other food intolerances and was very disappointed. I have been reading this thread and others which have led me to think beyond food intolerances. I do have 2 amalgam fillings. I used to have a total of 7. One fell out when I was a young teen and I had to have the tooth removed and a bridge put in :rolleyes: Over the years I've had to get crowns where 4 others were. I am certain none of these were removed safely. I found a dentist Open Original Shared Link who I'm going to call about removing these 2 remaining fillings. I will ask if he has a detox program as well. I have learned a lot from all of your discussions. I'm going to try and read about the LED treatments that's being discussed here as well. I have suffered for years from chronic fatigue, brain fog, hypothyroidism, food intolerances, hair loss, low body temp and most recently arthritis in my thumbs, my hands go numb at night and a stiff neck. No doctor has ever been able to give me an explanation for any of these things. I would love to get to the bottom of it all and restore balance and health to my body.

Ami

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hi Ami :)

Glad you've been learning some things from our discussions and decided to jump in. I gotta run off to do some errands...just wanted to say welcome!

We're always here....always discussing this stuff....stick around and feel free to post any questions you might have. The LED stuff is pretty fascinating...still too early for me to tell if I'm benefiting but its definatelty a good experience so far...with the exception of having to avoid so many things for the 25 hour detox period. I'm not too gungo-ho about that part. :P

ami27 Apprentice

Hi Rachel. Thanks for the welcome. I'll be anxious to read about your progress and hope it works well for you.

Ami

CarlaB Enthusiast

Ami, welcome!

There are probably several things going on ... you probably didn't get sick overnight, so it will be a process to determine what all is wrong and address it all.

Getting the amalgams taken out and detoxing the mercury is a very good start. Here's a website with dentists who specialize in this. Open Original Shared Link.

All the symptoms you describe I have, too, from Lyme Disease. That's another hot topic around here. There's a good symptom list at Open Original Shared Link. Most of us see LLMD's (Lyme literate MD's). They can diagnose and treat the web of problems we all have.

Personally, I have Lyme Disease, heavy metal toxicity, Babesia coinfection, and bacterial dysbiosis. With treatment, I've gone from being pretty disabled by it (about 15% of normal) to functioning much better (about 75-80% of normal).

I could jump into treatment of the Lyme because I had already taken care of the amalgams and chelating years ago. Right now it's lead that's causing my toxicity, with a minor mercury problem. I'm really being treated for all of it at once -- abx for the Lyme, anti-protozoals for the babs, chelators and supplements for the lead/mercury, herbs/probiotics for the bacterial dysbiosis, and supplements for immune support. I also do many things to detox.

I'm glad you jumped in like you did! Welcome.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ami27 Apprentice

Hi Carla and thanks for the welcome. You had posted the mercury free dentist link in response to another one of my posts. Thanks! That's where I found the dentist that is close to me. I'm calling him Monday to get an appointment. I was going to call on Friday, but they are closed on Friday's. I checked the Lyme symptoms from another one of your posts as well :) I have 11 of the symptoms listed. It said if you have 20 it should be explored as a possible issue. I wonder if I should look into that as well? I know I was bit by ticks several times as a child, but I think my mom took them out properly. I had looked for an LLMD in my area before, but didn't have much luck. How did you find your doctor? You are right that I didn't get sick overnight. It's definitely been a progressive thing. I have looked for that ONE thing that has been wrong for quite a while. I'm finally a believer that it's probably not just one thing. So I'm willing to explore all possibilities...I just want to feel well.

Ami

dlp252 Apprentice
Hi everyone. Can I join in the discussion here? There is great information on mercury here (among other things!). I'm really starting to believe that is part of my problem. I first went gluten free and felt GREAT. I thought wow this has been the problem all along. Then I started having other food intolerances and was very disappointed. I have been reading this thread and others which have led me to think beyond food intolerances. I do have 2 amalgam fillings. I used to have a total of 7. One fell out when I was a young teen and I had to have the tooth removed and a bridge put in :rolleyes: Over the years I've had to get crowns where 4 others were. I am certain none of these were removed safely. I found a dentist Open Original Shared Link who I'm going to call about removing these 2 remaining fillings. I will ask if he has a detox program as well. I have learned a lot from all of your discussions. I'm going to try and read about the LED treatments that's being discussed here as well. I have suffered for years from chronic fatigue, brain fog, hypothyroidism, food intolerances, hair loss, low body temp and most recently arthritis in my thumbs, my hands go numb at night and a stiff neck. No doctor has ever been able to give me an explanation for any of these things. I would love to get to the bottom of it all and restore balance and health to my body.

Hello Ami, welcome!!!! Glad you found us!

You are taking a good first step. If you still have crowns and they were done by a regular dentist, you probably have some amalgam under there as well. I just had all my amalgams out in February. I had 11 altogether...six of those were crowns done by a regular dentist...my biological dentist couldn't say that I was amalgam free until he looked under those...every one of them had amalgam still under the gold crowns!

Many of us here have multiple things going on...for me I didn't get better going gluten and casein free so had to look for other things. I suspected the mercury thing because I had so many fillings. But I did some alternative testing which suggested I might have lyme. I went to a LLMD who did a BUNCH of tests on me (not just for lyme). Turns out I have mold toxicity, metals toxicity, vitamin/mineral/elements imbalances AND lyme. I never remember being bitten by a tick, and since you've been bitten several times, I wouldn't rule it out completely. Taking care of the metals is a good first step though!

AndreaB Contributor
Hi everyone. Can I join in the discussion here?

Welcome Ami! :D

Just jump in like you did.....that's great! Look forward to hearing more about your journey to health and wellness.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I do have 2 amalgam fillings. I used to have a total of 7. One fell out when I was a young teen and I had to have the tooth removed and a bridge put in Over the years I've had to get crowns where 4 others were. I am certain none of these were removed safely. I found a dentist Open Original Shared Link who I'm going to call about removing these 2 remaining fillings. I will ask if he has a detox program as well. I have learned a lot from all of your discussions. I'm going to try and read about the LED treatments that's being discussed here as well.

Ami.....I came across your other thread re: mercury so it seems you've pretty much familiarized yourself with the topics of Lyme and mercury and other stuff we talk about here. :)

I agree with Donna that there may be some mercury under the crowns which could cause problems with galvanic reaction...particulary if they are gold crowns.

It sucks that some people have that going on even when they think they've gotten all the amalgams removed. You would definately want to ask the biological dentist about that.

I got real sick from galvanic reaction caused by dissimilar metals in the mouth. 2 gold crowns in direct contact with 2 amalgams....it created a battery-like effect in my mouth....this pulls alot of mercury and other metals from the fillings at a very high rate.

I mostly had alot of problems with one of the crowns...like there was something going on underneath it that was causing alot of pressure and pushing the crown out of place. It had to keep getting fixed and in the meantime I was getting really sick. I could taste metal and there was alot of heat and sensitivity around that crown....it seemed like "gases" were coming out from underneath. My teeth were being constantly pulled together so that I was constantly clenching and grinding.

Grinding causes even more release of mercury. :(

Eventually I had a root canal with that tooth...then there were still problems and I ended up having it extracted. I'll never know if that dentist had left some amalgam underneath that crown he put in but whatever happened really messed me up.

I'm glad that you're gonna see the biological dentist if you're having these health problems and especially since you had all those fillings removed unsafely.

Are you in Texas? If you are interested in LED there is a Dr. in Denton who does the treatments there. He's actually the guy who pioneered these treatments (Bioresonance). Dr. Cowden in Arizona has now made these treatments more popular with his own work and his own variation of the treatments (LED)....but it originally came from the Dr. in Denton.

I could find out more info. about him if you like. From what I understand his treatments are more affordable than what most practitioners charge. The good thing is that with these guys you get tested for everything (using alternative methods) so if you have Lyme, they find it...if you have parasites, they find it....if you have co-infections or yeast or food intolerance...they can find all those things and address them.

I've heard some positive things about him so I know if I were close to him I wouldnt hesitate to see him. His does things slightly different from what Dr. Cowden teaches re: LED....but he is successful and thats really all that matters. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
I have 11 of the symptoms listed. It said if you have 20 it should be explored as a possible issue. I wonder if I should look into that as well? I know I was bit by ticks several times as a child, but I think my mom took them out properly. I had looked for an LLMD in my area before, but didn't have much luck. How did you find your doctor? You are right that I didn't get sick overnight. It's definitely been a progressive thing. I have looked for that ONE thing that has been wrong for quite a while. I'm finally a believer that it's probably not just one thing. So I'm willing to explore all possibilities...I just want to feel well.

Ami

Ami, it sounds like you have the right attitude to get better! That's half the battle.

I travel to see my LLMD .... I live in Ohio and he's in NY. It's worth every penny because I'm getting better. :) I got his name from a friend of mine who also has Lyme Disease.

Like Donna said, I wouldn't rule it out entirely ... even with proper tick removal, you can still get it. Plus, I only had one or two of the symptoms for the majority of the time I have had it. Also, as she mentioned, these LLMD's test for a lot of things, not just Lyme.

Her points about the crowns was a good point, too. I'd ask your dentist about them.

When I had my amalgams out back in 1991, I took a lot of supplements to detox the mercury. I also went on an anti-candida diet. That put my Lyme mostly into remission for 12 years. People who are chronically ill generally have more than one thing wrong, as we talked about already ... for me, taking care of the other things made me feel better ... it took the stress off my immune system. I wish I had taken care of the Lyme back then as it would have been easier, but I didn't know about it. I only had fatigue and TMJ trouble back then.

I'd bet that even if Lyme is a piece of the puzzle for you, taking care of the mercury will still make you start feeling better.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Donna, I don't think you're on abx yet, but I thought I'd let you know that I was researching 5-HTP and saw it listed under interactions that you can't take it with abx. So I guess I need to return mine.

The L-Tryptophan needs to build up ... it didn't work for me last night, but the sites I saw said it took a week or two to build up and help with insomnia. So, I'll try it for a couple weeks.

ami27 Apprentice

Rachel,

I am in Texas, the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, so Denton is do-able. If it's not too much trouble I'd like more info on that doctor.

I also found an LLMD in the area. Her name is Audrey Stein-Goldings M.D. I'm going to do some more research into this doctor as well. As Carla has mentioned I'd rather know about Lyme now if it's an issue. I have been searching for answers for 10+ years. It seems like I may finally be on the right path.

Ami

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

I am in Texas, the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, so Denton is do-able. If it's not too much trouble I'd like more info on that doctor.

I also found an LLMD in the area. Her name is Audrey Stein-Goldings M.D. I'm going to do some more research into this doctor as well. As Carla has mentioned I'd rather know about Lyme now if it's an issue. I have been searching for answers for 10+ years. It seems like I may finally be on the right path.

Ami,

I'm gonna try to find out more from people who have seen the guy in Denton. I'll let you know in the next few days. I'm not sure if he's an LLMD as well but I learned about him from the Lyme board.

As far as the LLMD you found...I would go to LymeNET's message board and post under "Seeking a Doctor". You are not allowed to post any Dr.'s full name on that site....just the intitials (wanting to know about Dr. S-G in Dallas, etc. etc.). You could also ask for any recommendations in your area. The guy that does the LED would be "Dr. Cro in Denton".

I'm definately glad I found about Lyme now. I've never been sick from it....its just kind of "there"....but that doesnt mean that it cant turn into something worse later on. I'll be treating it with antimicrobials throughout this process of detoxing the metals and other toxins so that it doesnt flare up to the point that its causing a big impact on my health.

Once the toxins are removed from my body it should no longer be a threat to me. Its the damaged terrain...the toxicity in the body and the imbalance from all of that which allows for the bacteria to start wreaking havoc.

Its good to know all that you're dealing with from the start. I never tested positive for Lyme in the Igenix tests but it does show up in all of the alternative testing I've done. It doesnt show up as a major stressor though...for now it only shows up in my head...the rest of my body appears to be free of Lyme for now.

The most toxic substances in our bodies usually come from the mouth...the amalgams, root canals and cavitations. Those things can have a huge impact on our health.

I've already addressed the amalgams and the one root canal....I'm going to make sure I get tested for the cavitations next time I see my Dr.....if I havent been tested already. Even so , I wouldnt mind having them re-check it. :)

If you have Lyme...you might also want to try to determine how big of an impact its having on your health. Is it the cause of your symptoms or not? Sometimes its not...as is the case with me. If you go after the Lyme agressively (with abx) and its actually NOT the main problem you're dealing with....you could feel alot worse and not really be helping yourself.

If it is the most significant problem then obviously you would want to go ahead with whatever treatment is necessary...but with the understanding that you also have to address the other issues that go along with it in order to be successful.

I'm glad there are some Dr.'s in your area. :)

P.S.

I agree that having the ticks removed properly does not guarantee that you were not infected. I have never even seen a tick on me and yet at some time in my life (and without my knowledge) I got infected. :huh:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

So I had a long conversation tonight with someone who's got a ton of knowledge about LED and all the other stuff. She was at the Cowden seminar for LED back in May.

One day I shall be able to go to some of these things too!! Hopefully. :D

Anyways, I asked about the need for furthur treatments...especially chelation....following my LED's.

She said...YES...for sure. LED is opening the doors to make all of these things much more effective. It speeds up the process.....so that what *isnt* possible for me now...will then be possible and it will work much better.

So that hopefully I can go to Dr. S. and tell him that I'm no longer having so many problems taking supplements, chemical sensitivities, etc....that I'm at a better place and that my body is ready for the next step. :)

So yeah...its like I was thinking...the LED isnt the end of the road for me...but its a very valuable tool to get me to where I need to be...and possibly years sooner than it would take to do it w/out LED.

I'm always worrying about the Lyme...and that it will become a bigger problem if I'm not careful. :ph34r:

She said to not worry about the Lyme....its there because of the damaged terrain and because of the toxins...addressing those things is the right way to go about it...and the Lyme isnt gonna get out of hand if I'm cleaning up the environment in my body.

She said the 5 treatments I have scheduled is not the end of it either....theres alot more toxins to be addressed....the whole "onion layer" thing. She said Asyra is more detailed because its looking for alot more than what a Dr. will have on hand for muscle testing.

She also said its gonna take years for my body to detox....I might *feel* alot better in 6 months but the work isnt done in 6 months. ...it takes ALOT longer.

I'm perfectly fine with that and I'll continue to do whats necessary for as long as it takes...I'll continue with ART and anything else I might need to do. The main thing is that I wanna be past the point of reacting to everything and feeling much better. :)

She said with the LED treatments things really start changing and the sensitivities do diminish. People cant tolerate chlorella but suddenly after a few LED'S they *can* and they can take alot of it w/out any problems.

So even though I cant take chlorella right now...my body might have no problem with it after some treatments. :)

She doesnt agree with the the Dr. going after bugs before the toxins are cleared...thats something that Dr. Cowden does not do. She said the bugs come back immediately and its of no use. I already asked the girl about this and next time I see the Dr. I'm definately gonna ask him what his reasoning is. In the meantime I guess I will just find out for myself how useful it is...or isnt.

Like she said....we are all just "guinea pigs" in all of these Lyme treatments and everything else. The alternative treatments (especially LED) are so new and advancing so fast that we're all just going through this in its infancy. She said she saw LED in action in 2004....and now in 2007 it has changed so much...its far more advanced in only 3 years time.

Even with mercury detox....noone has been doing it for a long amount of time...except for Klinghardt...most Dr.'s are still just getting started with it.

I got some new info. to research and I learned how they test for certain things...like bad root canals.

She said I'm gonna be fine...I'm headed in the right direction and I'll get there. :)

The LED is gonna open all the doors for me and the sulfa treatment is really the biggest thing to start setting things in motion. She said the body just isnt able to detox this stuff with those sulfa residuals blocking everything. Once the sulfa is removed....everything starts coming out....its like opening the gates.

She also said most of us have the same toxins we're dealing with....everyone pretty much goes through the same LED groups. Even if I'm not revealing everything right now....there will be more toxins coming to the surface as I go through the first groups. Everything always comes up one layer at a time.

So most of the questions I was curious about I was able to get answers for. I dont know when I'll see the Dr. next but I'm gonna ask him these same things as well. Also, Amy should be coming back soon and I gotta start getting all my questions together now....I'm sure I'll have plenty to bombard her with. :P

It seems like FOREVER since I last saw her! :blink:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Oh....she also talked alot about parasites. She said that parasites are a big big problem when we're toxic. She said that they are stealing the nutrition so that no matter how much we take....we're barely getting any....the parasites get the majority of it.

So this must be why I can take 20 freakin pills of Vitamin C and magnesium...but its not even doing anything! I never did reach my bowel tolerance so I just gave up on that. I could probably take half the bottle and not any of the desired effects.

She said for sure its the worms....they're taking all of it. :angry:

She told me about a really good protocol for the parasites...I gotta look it up. She said its the best thing shes ever seen and her and a bunch of others did it and they really did start to expell the worms....and lots of them.

She also said that the parasites are carrying around a whole lot of mercury. For whatever reason they are capable of absorbing large amounts of mercury...so when there is mercury...there is also a bunch of worms...and vice versa.

The parasites have got to go....stealing my nutrition is bad enough. I gotta do something about this! :angry:

I did see what I *think* was a very long parasite once. Over 2 years ago I did a parasite cleanse...the next morning it came out. :blink:

She said that yeah....it was probably a tape worm....other people had some really long ones come out right after starting the parasite protocol she told me about.

Anyways I know they are there....and the new Dr. said that they are definately an issue we need to address.

If parasites absorb alot of mercury it kind of makes sense that people suffer alot more herxes when going after Babesia....compared to Lyme itself.

So now I gotta start doing the parasite cleanses and hopefully getting more nutrition in.....sheeesh...no wonder the Dr. said I'm depleted. The dang bugs are stealing it all! :angry:

I remember back when I was losing a ton of weight...I kept telling everyone that I *was* eating....I was eating PLENTY....but it was like something was stealing my food away. :unsure:

How are parasites harmful?

Parasites feed off your body's nutrients, leaving your body starving. Your body is more apt to attract disease. They also leave behind toxins. These toxins cause extra work for your organs to keep your blood and body free from additional infections and over toxicity. Parasites also do everything you do; they have babies (lay eggs), eat your food, defecate, and search out toxic areas in your body to live and procreate.

Open Original Shared Link

dlp252 Apprentice

I now have magenta toes with white flowers and some small jewels. :lol:

Slept better last night. I did a few things differently...didn't take the 5-HTP at all, but still took the melatonin and also took 3 magnesium capsules (which I emptied into the yogurt). I had a small container of plain sheep milk yogurt right before bed (this was one of the items on the list). Don't think I can take the sheep milk every night...that seems to have a cumulative affect as far as symptoms, so will only be able to do that a couple of times a week I think.

I mostly had alot of problems with one of the crowns...like there was something going on underneath it that was causing alot of pressure and pushing the crown out of place. It had to keep getting fixed and in the meantime I was getting really sick. I could taste metal and there was alot of heat and sensitivity around that crown....it seemed like "gases" were coming out from underneath. My teeth were being constantly pulled together so that I was constantly clenching and grinding.

Yeah, I had some similar things going on with my crowns, especially one. I had a lot of jaw pain which has mostly gone away since having all the amalgams out and all the crowns replaced.

Donna, I don't think you're on abx yet, but I thought I'd let you know that I was researching 5-HTP and saw it listed under interactions that you can't take it with abx. So I guess I need to return mine.

The L-Tryptophan needs to build up ... it didn't work for me last night, but the sites I saw said it took a week or two to build up and help with insomnia. So, I'll try it for a couple weeks.

Huh, nope not on antibiotics yet, but I think I may be getting close...I'll know more on Tuesday. Now that my toxicity "score" is 0, Dr. S may start treating some of this stuff, lol. That's good to know about the 5-HTP and abx. Guess I'll need to find some L-Tryptophan. My bottle of 5-HTP contains 5-Hydroxy-L-tryptophan...is that different than just plain L-Tryptophan? For some reason I was thinking it was the same thing. :unsure:

I've also heard (don't know where) that the melatonin has to build up a bit.

I'm definately glad I found about Lyme now. I've never been sick from it....its just kind of "there"....but that doesnt mean that it cant turn into something worse later on. I'll be treating it with antimicrobials throughout this process of detoxing the metals and other toxins so that it doesnt flare up to the point that its causing a big impact on my health.

Similar case here. Although I'm sick, I"m not nearly as sick as many here and definitely not as sick as most people on the Lymenet, but in my case the lyme is affecting nearly every system in my body...it's causing problems in all of those areas even though I'm not totally disabled. I think if I hadn't addressed any of this now, it would have gotten much, much worse and eventually it would have led to disability. A few months ago I could hardly make it through my work day, and now, while I'm exhausted at the end of my work day, it's getting better.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Sincerely,

Jin

P.S. I see you Susie!

:rolleyes: Hello dear girl, and everyone else too! Trying to catch up.....it'll be impossible so I'm just reading bits here and there.

Carry on.......I'll be back later. ;) My back was RUINED from camping last weekend and I have been wildly out-of-sorts.....harrumph! :angry:

p.s. here's a good hint to catching up: read Jin's posts, she addresses everything and everyone in a lovely little recap! :lol: Thank you, Jin!

AndreaB Contributor
She said the 5 treatments I have scheduled is not the end of it either....theres alot more toxins to be addressed....the whole "onion layer" thing. She said Asyra is more detailed because its looking for alot more than what a Dr. will have on hand for muscle testing.

Does this doctor have the ASYRA machine? Somehow I thought he did but didn't use it on the really toxic/sensitive people.

I thought each treatment was tailoring to what the body accepted at the time. I know with my children that they are going through the toxic substances but it has been determined by their bodies which order the treatments go in.

For instance, with Talitha, her report wasn't printed out in priority order so Dr. E has been testing which order her treatments needed to be in. It wouldn't let her do the fungal issues until the last one, whereas I had thought we were going to do that when we were up there on the 2nd.

Slept better last night.

YAY!!!

Similar case here. Although I'm sick, I"m not nearly as sick as many here and definitely not as sick as most people on the Lymenet, but in my case the lyme is affecting nearly every system in my body...it's causing problems in all of those areas even though I'm not totally disabled. I think if I hadn't addressed any of this now, it would have gotten much, much worse and eventually it would have led to disability. A few months ago I could hardly make it through my work day, and now, while I'm exhausted at the end of my work day, it's getting better.

I too, think you would have continued getting sicker. I'm glad to hear that your work day is getting a little easier to get through.

p.s. here's a good hint to catching up: read Jin's posts, she addresses everything and everyone in a lovely little recap! :lol: Thank you, Jin!

Yep, Jin is good at recaps. :)

Hope your back is doing better though.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Similar case here. Although I'm sick, I"m not nearly as sick as many here and definitely not as sick as most people on the Lymenet, but in my case the lyme is affecting nearly every system in my body...it's causing problems in all of those areas even though I'm not totally disabled.

Hmmm...it was that way for me too....with the Lyme affecting so many body systems and also cross-reacting with alot of other things. I had alot of things that were tested which seemed to be affecting most of my body systems.

The top 2 I think were molds and gluten...but then again Susan was the only one to tell me what was affecting what. She would go down the list and read them all....Anna and Denise never did that but if I was paying attention I could see it and the lists were always pretty long.

I'm not 100% on how it works but I think its testing immune responses to these things...so if something is causing alot of disturbance in the body...affecting organs and things like that...I think it means the "immune response" to that substance is causing stress in those areas. More like the "allergic" response the body has.

Like with wheat...when I was tested for wheat it was affecting a ton of body systems. I dont eat wheat and havent eaten wheat for more than 2 years....BUT my immune system must respond to it in this manner...if I were to eat it.

I think when they tested me for the molds, Lyme, candida, etc...the fact that all these body systems were affected was indicating that my body does not like the toxins produced by these "bugs". I could be wrong but that was my interpretation....that its the immune response to toxic substances in the body...or even stuff thats not in the body (i.e. wheat).

I figured that all these things affect so many body systems cuz my immune system is pretty revved up and highly reactive...its in constant "fight or flight" mode....the autoimmune stuff is going on too as a result of all these toxins and bugs overwhelming my body. :(

I thought the goal of the treatments were to "desensitize" these things and hopefully calm down the immune system so that its not attacking everything in sight and not causing so much stress in the body.

I dont think it can tell how severe any infections are...or how much metals a person has or anything like that....just that the immune system is reactive to those things and stressed out by them.

I could be wrong.....if I remember I will ask Anna if its an immune response (sensitivity) or what??

I gotta call and schedule to see her and I keep forgetting....we have to go over my lab results. Since she's the only one testing I wonder if its gonna be difficult to schedule....probably shouldnt be too bad since I go during the week.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Donna, I think the two are somehow related, but I didn't find anything saying not to take the L-t. when taking abx. I'm still trying everything, letting it build up in my system ... hopefully it will start working soon. I've never had insomnia this long ... usually it's just a day or two, then I get a good night sleep. I haven't slept well in a few weeks now. I'm starting to get really tired, not Lyme fatigue, just tired.

Rachel, with all your doing, I'm betting you won't ever have to go past herbs for the Lyme.

Ami, I second Rachel's suggestion of checking out your LLMD on Lymenet. Those people know who all these doctors are and can tell you a lot about them.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Does this doctor have the ASYRA machine? Somehow I thought he did but didn't use it on the really toxic/sensitive people.

No...he doesnt have the Asyra. Thats what the girl said...that even if they did have it they wouldnt use it on people with a heavy load because they have seen (or heard of) people crashing because of it. She said they dont have it "yet".....so I assume at some point they might start using it.

At the beginning of my appt. the Dr. asked me if part of my story was that I'd gotten sick like this after having some electrodermal screening done?? I told him nope....it wasnt me.

I assume it has happened....I dont know how rare it might be but I guess all the frequencies might cause an extremely sensitive person to crash. :unsure:

I dont think it would cause them to not ever want to use the machine...they just might be more cautious with some of the more sick patients.

I'm gonna ask the Dr. about it if I remember. :)

On the phone last night I told her that Amy took a saliva sample to be tested and would that really be just as good as if I were physically there doing the test? She said it would find out alot....not everything....but it would find out some things and then I'd have to redo it later.

With the Asyra the list is endless....because they literally have hundreds upon hundreds of different toxins and things stored in the computer. Obviously my Dr. isnt gonna be carrying around that many vials to be tested. He's not gonna have every single substance thats in the Asyra.

Personally...I dont think its necessary to be treated for every single substance imagineable. I remember Klinghardt saying that once the mercury/metals come out....everything comes out pretty easily after that....the body just starts ridding itself of everything much more efficiently.

The Dr. has hundreds of testers...and of course all the high priority substances. I think with what he has...it should be enough to clear out the main things...and then some.

Like he said...he's not trying to make me "pure and clean"....nobody on this planet is free of all toxins. He's trying to reduce the burden so that I'm functioning normally and feeling healthy again.

I will continue to do things on my own after that....to maintain it. :)

She said he will be testing me for more things and I will have more LED groups to do....but these are the ones showing up now.

I thought each treatment was tailoring to what the body accepted at the time. I know with my children that they are going through the toxic substances but it has been determined by their bodies which order the treatments go in.

For instance, with Talitha, her report wasn't printed out in priority order so Dr. E has been testing which order her treatments needed to be in. It wouldn't let her do the fungal issues until the last one, whereas I had thought we were going to do that when we were up there on the 2nd.

Yeah...thats exactly how they do it. My Dr. did alot of testing on me to determine the order of the treatments. He asks my body and tests me for the answer....thats how everything was determined....what would be included in each session and in what order.

What she was saying was that Dr. Cowden does not treat the bugs with LED at all. He only goes after the toxins with LED.....then once the toxins are cleared he goes after the bugs (with antimicrobials) and says this is much more effective.

Once he starts treating the bugs...more mercury will spill into the system and then he will repeat the LED for mercury to clear it out again.

This is what he says in the stuff I've read.....that he doesnt do LED's on the bugs cuz they come right back while there is still metals and toxins in the body.

She said that shes asked Cowden herself and they talked about it....and he said the laser doesnt have much of an impact on bugs when there are toxins in the body...they come right back...within minutes.

So this is where there is difference of opinion....because some Dr.'s do go after the bugs with LED. My Dr. is doing the bugs *before* mercury and she was saying that this is wrong...it doesnt work that way.

I do wanna ask the Dr. about why he does it that way. He does everything else the same way as Cowden....just not with regards to the microbes.

This is what she sent me to read this morning...

C: Autoimmunity
Rachel--24 Collaborator

Oh yeah......fungal toxins do get addressed with LED.

The mycotoxins....aspergillus...stuff like that.

Just not the Lyme or the viruses or those types of infections.

On my paperwork there is no instructions for "Lyme Group"...or any other infection.

These are all the groups I have on my paperwork

10 Foods (Cow milk, corn, soy, egg, beef, chicken, sugar cane, wheat, peanuts, black & white pepper

245T group (Heptachlor, Dursban, Malathion, Chlordane)

AsBe Group (Arsenic, Berryllium)

Aspergillus Niger

BaTl group (Barium, thallium)

BXT Group ( Benzene, Toluene, Xylene)

CBC Group ( Captan, Coumaphos, Bromophous)

DAPS group ( Dioxin, Polystrene, Parabens, Perchlorethlene, Artizine

DDT group ( Diazinon, DDT & DDE, Dieldrin, Demon)

Gold Pt group (Gold, Platinum)

Halothanes (Iodine, chlorine, Flouride)

Lead InTiPd Group ( Lead, Indium, Titatium, Palladium)

MEK Group (Methyl Ethyl Ketone, Formaldehyde, Formic acid, Acetone, Carbon Tetrachloride, Prpolyne Glycol, Chloroform)

Mercury (Group 1-3)

NiCdCr Group ( Nickel, Cadmium, Chromium)

Phenol

Radium Group (Radium, Radon, Uranium, Strontium)

Sulfa group

and then there is the GHON groups....this is the autoimmune stuff that I have included in every LED treatment.

Organs/Glands/Nuerotransmitters/Hormones

APit Group (Anterior Pituitary, HGH Somatotrophin, Thyroid stimulating hormone)

BrNv Group (Brain, Spinal Cord, Nerves)

Dopa Group (L-Dopa, Dopamine, Epinepherine, Norpinephrine, Phenylethylamine)

Female Group (Uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, vagina, progesterone, estrogen, testosterone)

GABA SerAc Group ( GABA, serotonin, Melatonin, Acetylchloline)

HtLvPa Group (Liver, gallbladder, pancreas, heart, arteries, veins, leptin, insulin, glucagon)

KUB Ad Group (Kidney, Urinary bladder, Adrenal Cortex, Medulla, Pregnenalone, DHEA, cortisol, mamammary glands, breast tissue)

LyEarEye (Lymph nodes, Spleen, Thymus, eyes, ears)

Mu BS Group ( Muscle, bone, joints, bone marrow, skin, hair follicle)

Pi Hy PPit Group (Pineal, Hypothalamus, Posterior Pituitary, Oxytocin, Vasotocin)

Resp Gi Group (Lung, Sinuses, nasal mucosa, stomach, esophagus, large intestines)

Thyroid Group (Thyroid gland, T3 & T4, calcitonin, parathyroid gland, parathormone)

So this is what I've got....there is no "Lyme Group" or "Virus Group" or anything like that.

Obviously they can treat what they want...or whatever they find....but I just dont know that it would work that way. :unsure:

Andrea....is this the same list you've got?? Or do you have more because of the Asyra??

dlp252 Apprentice
I thought the goal of the treatments were to "desensitize" these things and hopefully calm down the immune system so that its not attacking everything in sight and not causing so much stress in the body.

I dont think it can tell how severe any infections are...or how much metals a person has or anything like that....just that the immune system is reactive to those things and stressed out by them.

I could be wrong.....if I remember I will ask Anna if its an immune response (sensitivity) or what??

I gotta call and schedule to see her and I keep forgetting....we have to go over my lab results. Since she's the only one testing I wonder if its gonna be difficult to schedule....probably shouldnt be too bad since I go during the week.

Yep, even during the week might be hard although I was able to get in on a Thursday...Amy said she had to open up Thursdays because she couldn't fit everyone in. :(

I think you're right...the way they explained it to me was that my body was sensitized to the things they test and I react to. So you're right in that regard. When they tested me the two times previously for Lyme, they were using the "basic" panel--I had no reaction to any of the vials.

On my "last" appointment we had some extra time so Anna asked if I wanted her to test me for lyme and I reminded her that she had twice and I didn't react. She said that was the basic panel and that they had a more detailed panel they could test me with, but they usually only do that once a person has had the bloodwork(?? or something like that...didn't make a lot of sense to me, lol). The detailed lyme group has 4 panels, so she tested me for one of them that day. I reacted to at least 10-15 I think. I reacted to about the same number on the second panel, and last week only 3 vials, but each time, the vials that I reacted to were causing problems in nearly every area of my body.

I was really happy that I only reacted to 3 vials on that last panel, but the way she said it was "well, but those 3 vials are affecting nearly every area of your body." On my first run through on the detailed panel she said something like, maybe we can test these and treat you for them and it might reduce some of your symptoms. So yeah, if it is an immune response, some of my symptoms might be improved by desensitizing me.

But, I also have strong lyme presence when I do ART...and I don't think ART picks up immune response.

Donna, I think the two are somehow related, but I didn't find anything saying not to take the L-t. when taking abx. I'm still trying everything, letting it build up in my system ... hopefully it will start working soon. I've never had insomnia this long ... usually it's just a day or two, then I get a good night sleep. I haven't slept well in a few weeks now. I'm starting to get really tired, not Lyme fatigue, just tired.

I've had insomnia for the last 10 or more years. It's awful! :( It makes being healthy a lot more difficult that's for sure.

Archived