This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, with all your doing, I'm betting you won't ever have to go past herbs for the Lyme.

YAY!!

Does that mean I can stuff it back into the cloest?? :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
On my first run through on the detailed panel she said something like, maybe we can test these and treat you for them and it might reduce some of your symptoms. So yeah, if it is an immune response, some of my symptoms might be improved by desensitizing me.

Yeah...I think alot of symptoms can be reduced by desensitizing and calming the immune system.

My mom says she noticed alot of improvement once I'd been going to BioSET for awhile. I cant really notice anything myself...I think there is just sooooo much that my body reacts to...I could probably do those treatments endlessly. I think it helped.....but no drastic change because I have so many different reactions occurring all the time. :(

I think it would work for me alot better later on.

But, I also have strong lyme presence when I do ART...and I don't think ART picks up immune response.

Nope...ART identifies whats in the body. If something in the tester (vial or slide) is identical to whats in your body...then the ART picks that up.

Its not an immune response at all....they are testing your autonomic nervous system and disturbances caused by the toxins and microbes in your body.

You address all the stuff that shows up because those are the things your body is saying need the most attention at this time.

I've had insomnia for the last 10 or more years. It's awful! :( It makes being healthy a lot more difficult that's for sure.

Dang Donna....thats a long time to be dealing with it. :(

I couldnt imagine going through that....and then going to work everyday.

And yeah....it would also be a huge stress on your body.

At my appt. with the new Dr. my mom told him I dont sleep enough. She feels the need to tell *every* Dr. about this. :rolleyes:

She said I seem to do fine even though I'm staying up late and not sleeping more than 5 hours most of the time.

He said studies done at Stanford (I guess they are pretty much the experts on sleep) show that a person can "catch up" on their sleep. So they can get less sleep during the week and more on the weekends and their bodies are fine with it.

My moms hubby does this....he barely sleeps during the week (maybe 3-4 hours a night)....and then he sleeps alot longer on the weekends...he never seems tired and he works 2 jobs. :huh:

The Dr. said for a person who's sick...no....he would not recommend that. We need more sleep. If our body needs 7 hours and we only give it 5....then thats another stressor.

He said "Why dont we just test her and see how much sleep she needs?"

So then he had me saying something like "5 hours of sleep is enough for me."

I was saying it very firmly and feeling like it should be ok...but it wasnt...neither was 6. :(

So my arm stayed strong at 7 hours...he said if I dont allow for seven hours...I'm causing added stress. :(

There was a time back when I was on disability and especially in the very beginning (right after the dental work)....where I did have insomnia pretty bad. I couldnt sleep and it majorly sucked so I know what you're going through. :(

Then I also had that thing where I woke up every hour....it was actually almost exactly 1 hour each time. Totally wierd...I would look at the clock and it would be like 2:08...then I'd wake up...3:08....then 4:10...and on and on. :blink:

It would always be an hour....with a few minutes variance. I dont know what caused it or what made it get better. :unsure:

I guess it could have been something that corrected itself.....or a symptom of something that got "buried" underneath other stuff for now.

Since I was more sick back then...its probably something that was "off" but got corrected.

Autoimmune responses related to the toxins can also cause this. This is from the LED article you sent me from Scotts site...

A 49-year old woman with a ten year history of drug-resistant insomnia did one LED for "auto-immunity" to her own serotonin and GABA presumably caused by two pesticides (Dursban and Heptachlor). That night, she slept ten hours without interruption and without drugs.
Rachel--24 Collaborator

This is the link to the parasite cleanse I was told about...this one is supposed to be highly effective.

Open Original Shared Link

This is the one I did 2 years ago and seemed to expel some kind of worm the next day. :huh:

They both have similar ingredients. The one I took had some capsules and then a 1 oz. tincture.

I still have half a bottle of the tincture (its good till 2008). I'm gonna try it. :)

This product is gluten-free. :)

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
No....you should not do anything without knowing whats going on. You should be under a Dr.'s care and guidance before messing around with mercury detox.

Some people do this stuff on their own and I think its fine for people who arent sick and are just doing whats necessary to prevent sickness from occuring....but for people who are already sick I think its best to work with a knowledgable Dr.

while I certainly agree with all of this from a general standpoint, isn't chlorella safe to "experiment" with on your own as it is just a binder and not a mobilizer? from my understanding, chlorella will mostly just bind to stuff (mercury and whatnot) in the gut and intestines as it helps detox the body through excretion...

so there aren't really any dangers in terms of taking chlorella on your own without the guidance of a knowledgable Dr./practitioner... of course, you could have an allergic or negative reaction as could be had to any ingested food or supplement, but aside from that, it's not a danger in terms of mobilizing metals and potentially increasing burdens in other areas of the body, right?

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel I will post anything different I have in Blue and highlight Red those things I don't have (which seem to be some of the autoimmunity things)

These are all the groups I have on my paperwork

10 Foods (Cow milk, corn, soy, egg, beef, chicken, sugar cane, wheat, peanuts, black & white pepper I have this as 12 foods and add Phenols

20 foods Garlic, Onion, Pork, MSG, Red, Yellow, Blue and Green food colorings, White Potato, Bakers and Brewers Yeast, Red and White Grapes, Oats, Tomatoes, Pineapple, Rice, Oranges, Bananas, Goat Milk, Cilantro

245T group (Heptachlor, Dursban, Malathion, Chlordane)Parathion

AsBe Group (Arsenic, Berryllium) I have this listed as the AL Group which includes Arsenic, Aluminum, Antimony, Aluminum Silicate, Beryllium

Aspergillus Niger I have Aspergillus all species

BaTl group (Barium, thallium) These are listed under Gold Group in mine

BXT Group ( Benzene, Toluene, Xylene)Petroleum, Gasoline, Butane, Propane, Jet Fuel

CBC Group ( Captan, Coumaphos, Bromophous)

DAPS group ( Dioxin, Polystrene, Parabens, Perchlorethlene, Artizine Methanol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polychlorinatd Biphenols, Polystyrene

DDT group ( Diazinon, DDT & DDE, Dieldrin, Demon)

Fungal Toxins Aflatoxin, Acetaldehyde

Gold Pt group (Gold, Platinum)I have this as Gold Group Gold Platinum, Barium, Copper, Silver, Thallium, Tin

Halothanes (Iodine, chlorine, Flouride) Halo Group Iodine, Chlorine, Bromine, Fluoride

Lead InTiPd Group ( Lead, Indium, Titatium, Palladium) Lead Group Lead, Aceticum, Bromatum, Phosphoricum, Sulfuricum, Palladium, Indiu, Titanium

MEK Group (Methyl Ethyl Ketone, Formaldehyde, Formic acid, Acetone, Carbon Tetrachloride, Prpolyne Glycol, Chloroform) Trichloroethylene, Ethylene Glycol, Plastics, Dimethylterphthalate (DMTP)

Mercury (Group 1-3)

NiCdCr Group ( Nickel, Cadmium, Chromium)

Phenol

PHF[ KI 1N Methoxychlor, Ki2N Lindan, Ki 5N Pyrethrum, KI 6N DNOC=Dinitrokresol, KI 9N Dichlorvos, KI 11N Pentachlorphenol, KI KI 20N Endosulfan, KI N Maneb, KI 23N Aldicarb, Nicotimun, Dichlorbenzolum, Pyrethrum roseum e flor, Ethylene dibromide, KI 16N Camphechlor, KI 18N Hexachlorbenzol, Cuprum carbonicum, Cuprum oxychloratum, Cuprum sulfuricum, Sulfur, KI 13N MCPA=Monochlor, KI 15N Paraquat, KI 17N Amitrol, KI 24N Chlormequat, KI 25N Deiquat, Isoproply-N-phenylcarbam, Xyl (Xylamon), Xyde (Xyladecor), Xyde nue (Xylad.2000) Holzschutzlasur ASUSA, Dichlorobenzene, Naphthalinum

Radium Group (Radium, Radon, Uranium, Strontium) Called URA Group on mine

Sulfa group

and then there is the GHON groups....this is the autoimmune stuff that I have included in every LED treatment.

Organs/Glands/Nuerotransmitters/Hormones

APit Group (Anterior Pituitary, HGH Somatotrophin, Thyroid stimulating hormone) See Pi Hy Pit Group

BrNv Group (Brain, Spinal Cord, Nerves)

Dopa Group (L-Dopa, Dopamine, Epinepherine, Norpinephrine, Phenylethylamine)Listed as NT Group on mine with Acetylcholine, Serotonin, Melatonin, Epinephrine, Norepinepherine, Phenylethylamine

Female Group (Uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, vagina, progesterone, estrogen, testosterone) Called KUBF/M Group see your list below. Mine lists as follows Kidney, Urinary Bladder, Adrenal Cortx, Medulla, Pregnenalone, Mammary Glands, Breast tissue, (female) Uterus, Ovaries, Fallopian Tubes, Vagine, Cortisol, DHEA, Estorgen, Prgesterone, Testosterone; (male) Testes, Prostate, Penis, Vasdeferens, Epididymus, DHEA, Progesterone, Testosterone

GABA SerAc Group ( GABA, serotonin, Melatonin, Acetylchloline)see above with Dopa Group

HtLvPa Group (Liver, gallbladder, pancreas, heart, arteries, veins, leptin, insulin, glucagon)

KUB Ad Group (Kidney, Urinary bladder, Adrenal Cortex, Medulla, Pregnenalone, DHEA, cortisol, mamammary glands, breast tissue)

LyEarEye (Lymph nodes, Spleen, Thymus, eyes, ears) See my Teely Group

Mu BS Group ( Muscle, bone, joints, bone marrow, skin, hair follicle)

Pi Hy PPit Group (Pineal, Hypothalamus, Posterior Pituitary, Oxytocin, Vasotocin) add Anterior Pituitary, H&H Somatotropic, Adrenal Corticotropic Hormone, Thryoid stimulating Hormone, Follicle Stimulating Hormone, Prolactin, Lutenizing Hormone, Anti-Diuretic Hormone

Resp Gi Group (Lung, Sinuses, nasal mucosa, stomach, esophagus, large intestines)

Thyroid Group (Thyroid gland, T3 & T4, calcitonin, parathyroid gland, parathormone) Mine is referred to as Teely Group and adds Lymph Nodes, Spleen, Thymus, Ears, Eyes

I also have a list of Heavy Metal Sources.

So this is what I've got....there is no "Lyme Group" or "Virus Group" or anything like that.

Green12 Enthusiast
This is the one I did 2 years ago and seemed to expel some kind of worm the next day. :huh:

I saw several "expelled" when I was doing colonics in conjunction with my chelation treatments. Parasites like the heavy metals and when that is an issue they are hanging around and close behind. It grosses me out to think about it, yet it's kind of quite fascinating at the same time :huh: .

Donna and Calra, I am SOOO sorry you are still not getting any sleep. Sleep is vital for everyone for good health, but when a chronic illness is present the need for good quality sleep is at the top of the list. I was also told there is something about getting deep sleep between 7 am and 9 am, supposedly it is very very healing, but with jobs and a busy life I know that makes it hard to sleep in until 9 am most of the time. If at all possible, maybe try to do it on the weekends?

Hi Susie Q! Sorry to hear about your back. I hope it is healing and you get up and around very soon :)

AndreaB Contributor
I saw several "expelled" when I was doing colonics in conjunction with my chelation treatments. They like the heavy metals and when that is an issue they are close behind. It grosses me out to think about it, yet it's kind of quite fascinating at the same time :huh: .

Doesn't sound too appealing to me, but I thought parasites were in everyone, like candida, it's just to what extent. I always think of parasites as being a furry critter problem (cats, dogs, horses, etc)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
while I certainly agree with all of this from a general standpoint, isn't chlorella safe to "experiment" with on your own as it is just a binder and not a mobilizer? from my understanding, chlorella will mostly just bind to stuff (mercury and whatnot) in the gut and intestines as it helps detox the body through excretion...

so there aren't really any dangers in terms of taking chlorella on your own without the guidance of a knowledgable Dr./practitioner... of course, you could have an allergic or negative reaction as could be had to any ingested food or supplement, but aside from that, it's not a danger in terms of mobilizing metals and potentially increasing burdens in other areas of the body, right?

Charlie,

The chlorella won't hurt if a person tolerates it.......at least that is my understanding as well.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Chlorella is safe....its a "superfood"....lots of benefits from taking it.

However, I think when dealing with heavy loads of metals one has to be very careful...no matter what they are using.

I dont really think its good to "experiment" too much without having some guidance.

To mess around with cilantro, chlorella or anything else for the purpose of detoxing metals in my opinion isnt the best idea.

Heres some of the stuff I've read on the Lyme board. This is what comes from Klinghardt as these posts are from a patient/friend of his.

Chlorella moves metals from extracellular tissue and connective tissue only. It does not mobilize metals from intracellular space. Only Cilantro does that, and DMSA. So if you have a lot of heavy metal deposits in your joints, feet, collagen, there. you are bound to feel something when it is moving.

The trick is to slowly start mobilizing metals - under the guidance of a trained physician. ONLY!

If you have poor reaction after taking chlorella, you probably are not taking enough. It does move and mobilize toxins and if you move more toxins than you can mop up with too little chlorella, it does not feel good.

CHlORELLA (by Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, MD PhD)

Both C. pyrenoidosa (better absorption of toxins, but harder to digest) and

C. vulgaris (higher CGF content

Green12 Enthusiast

I agree that cleansing of any kind, especially in an ill individual, is risky without being under the supervision of some kind of medical professional.

Cilantro especially, it mobilizes mercury (and other heavy metals) and can cross over the blood brain barrier. That's serious stuff there.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel I will post anything different I have in Blue and highlight Red those things I don't have (which seem to be some of the autoimmunity things)

Andrea....THANKS! :)

I wonder if I might be missing a page because I'm being treated for 20 foods in my 3rd session....yet it is not on my list. :huh:

I had no idea what the 20 foods were....so thanks for that! :)

Theres a couple other things I'm being treated for which I dont see on my list...so I gotta see if you've got them listed in blue...or they might be other things that he found which are not included on the list at all....like the bugs.

I have Thio. included with my mercury session. I dont know what Thio. stands for...so I gotta look and see if anything on your list could be what this is. I have no clue...I wish she didnt abbreviate everything. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Doesn't sound too appealing to me, but I thought parasites were in everyone, like candida, it's just to what extent. I always think of parasites as being a furry critter problem (cats, dogs, horses, etc)

Well...I could put up a link with some pics of human parasites....if anyone is feeling particularly brave. :P

Yeah....they can be there...IN MASSES.

Its gross but true.

I'm like Julie....part fascinated and part grossed out. The facsinated and curious side of me always wins out. :rolleyes:

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna and Calra, I am SOOO sorry you are still not getting any sleep. Sleep is vital for everyone for good health, but when a chronic illness is present the need for good quality sleep is at the top of the list. I was also told there is something about getting deep sleep between 7 am and 9 am, supposedly it is very very healing, but with jobs and a busy life I know that makes it hard to sleep in until 9 am most of the time. If at all possible, maybe try to do it on the weekends?

Thanks Julie!! It really sucks that's for sure, lol. I wish I COULD sleep that late. Unfortunately I have stuff early on weekend mornings too, although once in a while I declare a rest day and will stay home...when I do that I lay in bed as late as I can stand it even though I don't sleep. By 6:00 I'm usually so wide awake that I just get up. This morning I made it til 5:40!!! :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
I've had insomnia for the last 10 or more years. It's awful! :( It makes being healthy a lot more difficult that's for sure.

Me, too, I've had it as long as I can remember. I remember in college, I had a roommate who talked in her sleep constantly ... it was good entertainment trying to figure out what she was dreaming about! LOL

But it's never been night after night like this .... ususally it's just a couple nights per week.

I was also told there is something about getting deep sleep between 7 am and 9 am

Interesting ... I do usually sleep till 9 ... I get good sleep from about 4-9 ...

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Parasites like the heavy metals and when that is an issue they are hanging around and close behind.

Yeah...its true. This is what I have learned as well. :)

This is some of the info learned from Klinghardt re: the parasites..

P.S. Worms, etc. have an unbelievable affinity to store large amounts of metals in their skin without being metabolically disturbed by it.

So when a patient is on a heavy metal detox, the worms immediately take that stuff (mercury, tin and other trace metals) coming down into their coat and they become completely invulnerable to our own immune system, because one thing our white cells cannot handle is large amounts is mercury.

Our white cells die when they are trying to gobble up the mercury; and that doesn

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh sheesh...I've spent the last 15 minutes or so trying to get to the previous page...I'm having that stupid page loading problem again, lol. Finally got it by searching for Charlies "whatnot", lol. :lol: Thanks Charlie!

As far as the chlorella thing, I DID start taking it before I had all my amalgams out...started it in January and had just had half of them out at that point, so it isn't dangerous in that sense, but I did have the BioSET practitioner and my doctors at HN who were aware of it and monitoring it. I did have to stop taking it for a while too though because something was bothering me...a few weeks later it was okay though and now I've been continuously taking it for several months.

Dang Donna....thats a long time to be dealing with it.

I couldnt imagine going through that....and then going to work everyday.

Yeah, it is really tough sometimes that's for sure. This is one reason why I think that the lyme or mercury must be driving it though...the timing is about right I think.

He said studies done at Stanford (I guess they are pretty much the experts on sleep) show that a person can "catch up" on their sleep. So they can get less sleep during the week and more on the weekends and their bodies are fine with it.

My moms hubby does this....he barely sleeps during the week (maybe 3-4 hours a night)....and then he sleeps alot longer on the weekends...he never seems tired and he works 2 jobs. :huh:

The Dr. said for a person who's sick...no....he would not recommend that. We need more sleep. If our body needs 7 hours and we only give it 5....then thats another stressor.

Yep, I never seem to feel caught up. Ever. :(

He said "Why dont we just test her and see how much sleep she needs?"

So then he had me saying something like "5 hours of sleep is enough for me."

I was saying it very firmly and feeling like it should be ok...but it wasnt...neither was 6. :(

So my arm stayed strong at 7 hours...he said if I dont allow for seven hours...I'm causing added stress. :(

Heck, I might go get LED just for this, lol!!!! Seriously! :ph34r:

Then I also had that thing where I woke up every hour....it was actually almost exactly 1 hour each time. Totally wierd...I would look at the clock and it would be like 2:08...then I'd wake up...3:08....then 4:10...and on and on. :blink:

It would always be an hour....with a few minutes variance. I dont know what caused it or what made it get better. :unsure:

Yep, that's how it is for me...almost exactly an hour, every hour...usually after midnight...I'll wake up around 1, 2, 3 and 4. I get up at 4:20 during the week, so not much chance of getting caught up there. Dr. S thinks those are the prime detox hours and Dr. Rick thinks I may have the blood sugar issue. I think it's lyme, lol. I'm blaming everything on lyme at the moment. :lol:

Me, too, I've had it as long as I can remember. I remember in college, I had a roommate who talked in her sleep constantly ... it was good entertainment trying to figure out what she was dreaming about! LOL

But it's never been night after night like this .... ususally it's just a couple nights per week.

Interesting ... I do usually sleep till 9 ... I get good sleep from about 4-9 ...

Funny thing is, when I was younger and even into my adult life I slept pretty well. I'm a light sleeper, but I'd sleep pretty much through the night...it's just if there was noise or something I'd wake up. Not now, lol.

I think if I didn't have to go to work, I could probably fall back asleep for at least a few minutes.

ON a good night now, I still wake up, but usually fall asleep again pretty quickly. Last night I only REMEMBER waking up twice for any length of time, but I know I woke up more often, it was just that I fell asleep really quickly again.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Here is more about the worms...

Probably the most overlooked area in medicine is the worms in people. The worms are a double-edged sword: 90% of us here have them without knowing it. When somebody has worms, the worms send out neural messengers -- messenger molecules that suppress our immune system.

What it does is create a lazy gut, which for some people is okay; like the chronic indigestion, slow, slightly constipated sort of mood that many people are in -- and it's great as a treatment for Crohn's disease and colitis because it suppresses the immune system locally, you don't get the inflammatory reactions. However, it comes at a big price. It comes at the price that the immune system in general has defects. It's put to sleep by the neural messenger molecules from the worms, and this is when the viruses, the giardia, the amoebas and the candida and all those tings mutate in more aggressive forms, and Lyme Disease becomes much more of an issue.

Deworming can take 2-3 years. The treatment has to be repeated within a certain time frame . Most of the worms, when they die, get immediately digested by your digestion. Also they have a process called autolysis. The moment they are in the process of dying, they autolyze. It

Rachel--24 Collaborator
As far as the chlorella thing, I DID start taking it before I had all my amalgams out...started it in January and had just had half of them out at that point, so it isn't dangerous in that sense, but I did have the BioSET practitioner and my doctors at HN who were aware of it and monitoring it.

As far as I know its ok to take chlorella with amalgams in....at least I've never heard anything different. I dont think it could ever pull any metals from the fillings or anything like that.

It only moves metals from the extracellular areas.

Yep, that's how it is for me...almost exactly an hour, every hour...usually after midnight...I'll wake up around 1, 2, 3 and 4. I get up at 4:20 during the week, so not much chance of getting caught up there. Dr. S thinks those are the prime detox hours and Dr. Rick thinks I may have the blood sugar issue.

Hmmm...I have heard that thats when the body works the hardest at detoxifying. It was the same for me....it was usually during that time frame that I was waking up every hour. That was also before I did any diet changes and I was still pretty much loading myself up with toxic stuff everday...even wearing perfume still. :rolleyes:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Donna and Rachel, interesting about the detoxing during those hours ... I wake up hourly, too -- 1, 2, 3, 4, then I usually sleep till morning. It's pretty close to right on the hour, too.

Green12 Enthusiast
Donna and Rachel, interesting about the detoxing during those hours ... I wake up hourly, too -- 1, 2, 3, 4, then I usually sleep till morning. It's pretty close to right on the hour, too.

When I don't sleep well it's the same for me, maybe not waking every hour, but waking up several times during the night. It's usually when I haven't eaten so well and things aren't agreeing with me and I am reacting. I'll usually have a lot of pain in my back too, like around the kidney area or the spleen and sometimes my hives cycle at night, which hives are toxins getting out of the body through the skin.

Fascinating info on the parasites Rachel. There is this huge alternative medical facility/treatment center in Kansas that has all these parasites in jars that they have extracted out of the patients :huh: I am sure you would be in seventh heaven with all the scientificness of it all :lol:

You know all this talk of parasites is refreshing my memory a little, I thought (if I recall correctly) that parasites are most active in the night and can contribute to sleep problems. Also around the full moon :D

Carla- love the new picture of the FAM! Well, it's new to me anyway, I have been gone from the board about 7 months. How's Morgan?

AndreaB Contributor
I think it's lyme, lol. I'm blaming everything on lyme at the moment. :lol:

I think I'd be blaming the lyme (or the mercury) too.

Here is more about the worms...

So yeah...I guess even treating parasites without the help of a Dr. can cause problems.

Yikes!

Guest shellyh

Hello,

I have been learning quite a bit from this group, but I am still in shock! I hate to keep asking questions, but just wondering if anyone knows of the best way one would do a mold inspection?

I have someone offering to do a mold inspection this week and here is what he says:

The procedure consists of a visual assessment. What that entails is myself looking around the house, using my expertise, and visually assessing anything I see. Also, if accessible I will make entry into the crawlspace, where you said you may have a leak.

In addition to that we collect air samples and thermal imaging. The thermal imaging is a double check on our visual.

I do not have a crawl space.

Shelly

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Shelly....ask as many questions as you want. :)

I dont know anything about mold inspections but I know someone who might....I *think* he has had it done and he is in our area. You might want to email him and ask about it.

I dont think any of us have had inspections.

You can go to this site..

Click on "Contact Me" and send your message.

I know him...he's a great guy and I'm sure he will answer your questions if he can. :)

dlp252 Apprentice
You know all this talk of parasites is refreshing my memory a little, I thought (if I recall correctly) that parasites are most active in the night and can contribute to sleep problems. Also around the full moon :D

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a part of my problems too. I know that if the D doesn't go away, one of my doctors wants to do more testing...and out of all of my doctors none of them has checked for parasites, but maybe that's because it's sort of a given with all the stuff I've got going on.

I have been learning quite a bit from this group, but I am still in shock! I hate to keep asking questions, but just wondering if anyone knows of the best way one would do a mold inspection?

I have someone offering to do a mold inspection this week and here is what he says:

The procedure consists of a visual assessment. What that entails is myself looking around the house, using my expertise, and visually assessing anything I see. Also, if accessible I will make entry into the crawlspace, where you said you may have a leak.

In addition to that we collect air samples and thermal imaging. The thermal imaging is a double check on our visual.

I do not have a crawl space.

Ask all the questions you need to, lol! That's what we're here for. :)

As far as the visual inspection...I'm a bit skeptical about that. My doctor (the LLMD) told me that the most dangerous mold is the kind you can't see. The mold in your bathroom around the tile isn't what is the most dangerous (the way I understand it).

I've also heard that black mold is more dangerous than the stuff around my tub. If there is a lot of black mold on your walls, THAT would be dangerous. The air samples sound about right. I've not heard about thermal imaging in this context...is mold hot or colder than the surroundings? I thought thermal imaging had to do with hot and cold spots, etc. :blink::unsure:

My doctor told me that there are kits you can get which will test the air...they are like petri dishes that you set around your house for a period of time, then you seal them up and ship them off to a lab. I have yet to look into this though.

I really need to get this checked out...I see my LLMD on Tuesday and he will not be happy that I haven't done anything about this. :ph34r:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Shelly,

Actually if you go to the bottom of his page on Mold....there is a link to the company he used and their contact #.

Archived