This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor

Ami,

Glad to hear you can get in so soon. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
I called the dentist today and got an appointment for Wednesday afternoon. I'm glad they were able to get me in quickly. The more I read about these things, the sooner I want them out of my mouth....the sooner the better. She said that he could do the consultation and start on removing them the same day. She said they have a device that can test each tooth and determine which ones have the most mercury in them. She said they would start with the worst ones. I had met a friend of mine for lunch and the lady called me back to schedule the appointment while we were eating. So I'm not sure I got all of that right, but it was something along those lines.

Ami

Ami,

Have you done any research on this yet?

Although I'm glad you want to address this....its not exactly something that you wanna rush into and get done right away...or all at once.

If you are not on a supplement program for before, during and after removals I would not go through with it until you have all of that squared away.

People can get alot sicker when they dont do everything to protect themselves.

Maybe you already know all of this and are prepared....but if not....you might want to read up a little bit first. I know the stuff about mercury is scary and it makes you want to just hurry up and get them all out...unfortunately when people dont prepare themselves they sometimes end up worse off.

Its definately not something you rush into without educating yourself first.

Do you know which supplements to take or what safety protocol they will follow for the removals? Find all of that out first....go into it prepared. Better safe then sorry....especially if you are not feeling very healthy right now.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Halllllllllloooooooooooooooo friends!

Just a POOP-in.......

hmmmm.....camping.....well, it was superb up there, at nearly 8,000 feet elevation. Susie and the dingos were exceptionally happy. In fact, we stayed a third night.....and that was a HUGE mistake for my back. :( I am such a dingo-brain, and my back was feeling so normal, that I didn't even factor in the thin Thermarest pad I use.......zoigs. REALLY did me in. It's now a week later and I'm just barely starting to feel normal.

Andrea - did I read you pulled a back muscle? oh so sorry.......be very gentle on yourself! I take a muscle relaxant and a Naproxen (prescription Alleve) for the pain.......hadn't been taking any until camping.......so now I have to invest in a really good air mattress, hope to go one more time this summer.

Carry on! Nice to see Queen Julie back!!! :rolleyes:

And hello to Jin, the Chronicler of all things Rachelville! :)

HI to everybody else. :) When's Donna leaving? She's such the cruiser, isn't she? :lol:

hafadai43 Apprentice

Nice to meet another Celiac named Rachel! As far as I know, I do ok with corn. However, I have been gluten-free for four years after I was diagnosed with Celiac, and to this day I still have symptoms as well. How bad they are comes and goes. Right now I am in a really bad spot. I am in the process of all sorts of tests because I feel so sick and tired that it's difficult to function. I am considering some allergen testing. My sister-in-law (another Rachel) just got some done. She has terrible acid reflux but was still having lots of problems even on her meds. She found out she was allergic to tomatoes and cantelope (a member of the ragweed family) but she is not allergic to ragweed. Strange huh? After eliminating these things, she feels much better. Perhaps you should consider allergen testing. I'm sure they can test for a corn allergy, among many other common food allergies. You might be surprised at the results. A couple of my cousins are allergic to crazy things like corn, eggs, and many other things you would never think about.

I want you to know you're not alone. I understand how frustrating it is to go through life feeling like poo even though you're trying so hard to take good care of yourself. It is good you're doing your own research, you're taking control of your life. Kudos to you! I am sorry you have been having problems, but you will get it all figured out if you keep researching and confide in a good doctor to help you on the search. Good luck!

Rachel ;)

tom Contributor

Woohoo the luck continues!! Looks like a place in Los Gatos coming our way. It's even $1k/mo *less* than we thought we might have to go!

AND, when I asked the manager how big a deposit to hold it for us until John's back from Chicago, he says NOTHING - he'll hold it!!! Wooooohoooooo!!!!!! :o:):):)

Looks like I'm meeting Shelly tonight. Get some forum functions etc all locked-in.

And yes, you may refer to me as ceRk Spice. ;):lol:

p.s. here's a good hint to catching up: read Jin's posts, she addresses everything and everyone in a lovely little recap! :lol: Thank you, Jin!

Heck yeah!! :)

I remember *months* ago trying to say that as succinctly, but failing. Something about a column in the R'ville Gazette - "Goings-on About Town" or _____? - but met such resistance from .. ... .. ..ahhhg (who?) SOMEone claiming R'ville already *had* a town reporter . . . . . . .

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I want you to know you're not alone. I understand how frustrating it is to go through life feeling like poo even though you're trying so hard to take good care of yourself. It is good you're doing your own research, you're taking control of your life. Kudos to you! I am sorry you have been having problems, but you will get it all figured out if you keep researching and confide in a good doctor to help you on the search. Good luck!

Hi Rachel!! Nice to meet you too! :D

This Rachel is not a Celiac though. I'm a Gluten Intolerant Rachel with perfect villi and no Celiac genes. I favor my Abercromie and Fitch jeans instead. :D

My "corn" post is kind of history now....it was about 16 months ago that I was embarking on the whole corn-free thing. I did a great job of it too!! Corn is in *everything*....as I learned....but I did eliminate it (thyroid meds and all)...and nope....it wasnt the answer I was looking for.

I do have great Dr.'s Dr.'s now and have gotten to the bottem of my problems...YAY!

I am currently being treated for those underlying issues which caused me to become sick and to become reactive to so many foods and chemicals. Hopefully as things improve I will tolerate more and more foods again. Not sure about gluten though...gotta wait and see. :)

This thread had been ongoing. Here is where we brainstorm, share experiences, offer support, and here is where alot of us have found answers. :)

I'm sorry you are in a bad spot right now. Hope you get it all figured out and start feeling better.

Feel free to hang around...we talk about everything here and most of us are dealing with alot of food intolerances and other issues. We're a very friendly bunch. :)

P.S.

I'm highly reactive to molds....it wasnt the corn that was the problem...but its just a moldy food. :(

Guest shellyh
Looks like I'm meeting Shelly tonight. Get some forum functions etc all locked-in.

And yes, you may refer to me as ceRk Spice. ;):lol:

Heck yeah!! :)

Hey, you are here and showing me how to work this thing :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI ALL

YES STILL READING AND TRYING :blink: TO KEEP UP..ONLY 5 PAGES TODAY..OIE...

STILL AM LEARNING ALOT HERE..THE PARASITES FOR FREAKING ME OUT BUT OTHER THAN THAT.. :ph34r:

IT'S SO GOOD TO SEE SOME OF YOU DOING WELL

BUT DONNA'S NOT SLEEPING

MIA REALLY HAVING ROUGH TIME BUT SO HAPPY YOUR IN A NEW APT.

SUSIE AND ANDREA....GET THOSE BACKS BETTER...OF THE FOG...SO SORRY THE REST OF YOU

RENNI GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK

WHERE IS BEV? HEAR SHE WAS BETTER BUT TIRED.

RACHEL..

THANKS FOR NICE COMMENTS ON THE GARDENS AND DECK ...AND YES-- I'M JUST NOW READING...

"""Oh...and are those WOODPECKERS in the tree??? That is so cool...I've never actually seen woodpeckers before! I wonder if we have any here in CA?? "" YEP YOU HAVE THEM..I ESP LOVE THE ACCORN WOODPECKERS IN A NEW LITTLE WOODS IN ORANGE COUNTY

HAVEN'T BEEN ON THIS THREAD AS I'VE BEEN OVER ON THE 'MS STEWART' THREADS....OIE..THAT'S A SAD ONE..RACHEL SAY YOUR POSTS THERE.

WELL IT'S PAST MY BED TIME ON THE EAST COAST. WILL TRY TO KEEP UP MORE.

NITE RACHELVILLE.

JUDY

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

I agree that Ami should not rush things. She does not want to make things worse. Research is important. Everyone needs to take a specific approach unique to their situation. At least I do not have any fillings that have metal. That is a plus!

Dear Rinne,

It is so nice to see you again! :) We all have missed you terribly! I am glad things seem to be doing alright. How is your Candida diet going? Um, there has been a lack of virtual Rinne Bars lately. I thought you would like to know! ;)

Dear Mia,

I am sorry to hear you have had a terrible reaction. :( Hopefully, things will get better from now on. Being in that old apartment of yours sounds like it added to your burden. Once you settle into the new apartment, I am sure you will notice a difference. Dust and mold certainly have a bad impact on me as well.

Dear tom,

So, how was the Jazz Fest in SJ? Who all performed? I am sure you had a blast! Did you get to play tennis or meet up with any old friends while there? Are back in Phoenix now, or still in SJ?

That is wonderful news about a place! It could not have worked out any better! You probably cannot wait to move in. When will you get to go back? They say the Irish are naturally lucky. You were born on the 7th, and people born on days equal to that number are known to be lucky. How come I never seem to experience this despite being born on one of those days, and being Irish? :huh:

Dear Ami,

It is great you got an appointment so soon. Just make sure not to rush things. As Rachel said, it could actually worsen your condition. Everything needs to be done properly. Otherwise, your health could rapidly deteriorate.

I think it is really neat they have a machine that tests for how much mercury is being released from each filling. They also need to be careful about the galvanic reactions. The charge in each tooth must be considered before removal. If the fillings are removed in the wrong order, irreversible damage could occur. You want to avoid this at all costs. Look up Dr. Hal Huggins' protocol for removing them.

Dear Andrea,

I am so sorry about your back! You and Susie must be twins! Make sure to take it easy. Overdoing things will only hinder the recovery process. Do only what you can, and no more until it is better.

Those poor children! :( How scary is it that your body can attack itself? The autoimmunity is frightening. Of course, that is what Celiac does, makes the body attack itself. Thank goodness you took them to treatment now instead of later. Damage to their systems could be irreversible if the autoimmunity issues are present for too long due to exposure to toxins.

ASYRA seems like very accurate testing. I definitely would love to do it if possible. I hope to do a lot of things. BioSet, ART, and all kinds of other things would be beneficial. LED might work for me as well if I need it. I cannot believe the list ASYRA has!

Dear Carla,

I bet Morgan looks great in her braces! I do not want to get them. I do not know if I will mess with that. I want pretty teeth, but am more concerned about the TMJ. According to my dentist, the wisdom teeth are the trouble there. They are putting pressure on my jaw and muscles by pushing the other teeth out. Overcrowding is a huge issue for me.

Dear Donna,

I have not slept well all week, either! I just toss and turn. My shot is due next month. That is some of it. Hormones always mess up your sleep when they are out of whack. My adrenal glands are probably burned out, too. I know needing sugar and caffeine is a symptom of it. I am doing better not eating much sugar.

Thank you for the site link! I would love to order one of those mold kits! You have to get rid of it when you can! That stuff is dangerous to be exposed to! That leak from the roof sure increases the risk of it developing.

Dear Julie,

Parasite are everywhere. They are impossible to avoid. Getting rid of them requires specific herbs and such. I am terrified of doing a colon cleanse. It makes me sick thinking of worms coming out. Worms are one thing I cannot stand to even think about!

Thank you for the list of anti-parasitic foods. I took that and put it in a Word doc. It is good to have. Many foods have detox properties, but most you never hear discussed or even written about. You have to wonder why.

I agree that Western Medicine is seriously lacking. Ancient Chinese Medicine is one I certainly trust more than some of today's methods. It is tragic so many of the old ways were lost. The story about Chief Two Trees was interesting. Native Americans have discovered many things. I do not think many people realize they found novacaine to be a wonderful numbing agent.

Dear dadoffiveboys,

I appreciate the information on mold. Your experience is not uncommon. So many homes have it hiding under tiles, floors, behind wood panels, and so much more! It is a true horror story. I fear we have it in our home. My father ignores it. I am not only badly allergic to mold, but have an overgrowth of yeast, causing me to suffer from being exposed to it in any form.

Dear Susie,

Hello to you too! I hope you relax a bit. Your back cannot handle too much more activity right now. The camping trip sounds like it was very nice. I am not a camping type.

My aunt took her dogs with her when she went camping. Her poor little Yorkie (Dart's mother), got bitten by a snake. They had to take her to the vet and get her treated. Thank goodness she was alright. Poor Autumn! She was fearless, trying to protect my aunt from the snake.

Dear Shelly,

I am glad tom is able to help you. It is great you guys are meeting up. Some of the technical stuff on the board can be frustrating. You just have to learn how to navigate. The board likes to mess with you!

Dear hafadai43,

Hello, and welcome to the thread! I am like you, dealing with various issues still. However, I am excited to report that I at least have an idea as to what the rest of the trouble is. The problem is getting my doctor moving. Lyme is likely in my case.

Cantelope is in the ragweed family? I am allergic to ragweed. Cantelope I do okay with, though. Melons are very moldy naturally. They are forbidden on the Candida diet. Right now, I am just trying to get rid of the sugar and slowly implement the changes necessary.

I also have a systemic overgrowth of Candida. That makes me terribly sensitive to molds. Chemicals are something I do not tolerate either. Meanwhile, I am making a list of things I can do to improve my health now, like add a multivitamin, and drink lemon water for detoxing. Finding equilibrium is also important. I need to stop working so hard for nothing, and find some balance.

Sincerely,

Jin

confusedks Enthusiast

I tried to read some of these posts, but there are ALOT!!! Lol, you guys and gals have all been very very busy people. Is there any way to get a quick recap? Also, is there anyone on the soyfree and dairyfree diet? I have lots of questions.

Kassandra

AndreaB Contributor
Hey, you are here and showing me how to work this thing :)

Nice picture Shelly! :D I always want to spell your name with an ey.....don't know why. :blink:

HI ALL

HI JUDY! :D ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE YOU!

Those poor children! :( How scary is it that your body can attack itself? The autoimmunity is frightening. Of course, that is what Celiac does, makes the body attack itself. Thank goodness you took them to treatment now instead of later. Damage to their systems could be irreversible if the autoimmunity issues are present for too long due to exposure to toxins.

I was just talking to my hubby about this tonight. We were planning on paying down some credit cards but now they are going to stay close to maxed out. The financial burden can be stressful but I feel we've got to get some more treatments into these guys. We'll be out of funds in September probably.

I would be suprised if we didn't have mold in the walls here. We had a leak in the Master Bath and I'm pretty sure the ceiling wasn't cleaned up. I figure if we get the children as much treatment as possible that it will help with the toxins from the mold. Talitha tested for aspergillus and I already mentioned Seth tested for the penicillium.

The thing is, we'll have to take a 2 year break before they can be taken in for more treatment. Dr. E doesn't want us waiting that long in between check backs but I don't think we'll be able to swing anything before then.

I tried to read some of these posts, but there are ALOT!!! Lol, you guys and gals have all been very very busy people. Is there any way to get a quick recap? Also, is there anyone on the soyfree and dairyfree diet? I have lots of questions.

Kassandra

Hi Kassandra! :D Glad you jumped in. I'm dairy and soy free. I'll try and help out with some of your questions and many others here can too.

Recap.....hmmmmm.....we've covered pretty much everything on the epic thread. Various food intolerances, candida, mercury/metals, molds, lyme, parasites, msg.....I don't remember what else.

Just jump in with your questions......that's the easiest thing to do. :D

Guest shellyh
Nice picture Shelly! :D I always want to spell your name with an ey.....don't know why. :blink:

Thanks!! I rebelled when I was younger and thought that I would drop the "e".

miamia Rookie

Hey all-

Julie-

i got your message the other day i meant to write back but it has beeen a rough time. Thank you for thinking of me though- it was the only thing that made me feel better that day!!

Thanks for the parasite food list. I am currently taking black walnut for parasites. I also took a stornger med. vermox it was the only thing that helped me at all I had taken it in the past as well.

Rachel-

my last apartment was really bad becasue it was very dark the windows did not really open right so there was very little fresh air and i definilty know there was a mold problem. Like i said i think it really contributed to me not improving. Both my parents and i knew for a long time that i needed to get out of there but finding an apt. in New York is alot easier said than done. They are rare and VERY VERY expensive finally though we realized any price was worth getting me out of there. I definilty feel guilty about needing to take so much money from my parents i know they don't have it. But i also know i needed to be out of that place. Hopefully one day i will be better and get to repay them.

I talked to my doc yesturday i really like this guy we both agreeed that i could not handle chealtion right now . I am going to do a special malabsorbtion drip and he is going to add extra alkalizing things to hopefully quiet this horrible reaction i am having.

As always thanks to everyone who mentioned me Jin, judy, etc. I love you guys

Miamia

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

OMG JIN...I FORGOT TO SAY ''HI'' THE KEEPER OF GOOD NOTES AND THE ONE WHO NEVER ...EVER FORGETS TO SAY HI TO ME.

CALL ME ...... BRAIN....WHAT EVER DX IS ON THE TOP OF MY LIST FOR THE DAY

PLEASE FORGIVE ME....

J

dlp252 Apprentice

Woodpeckers...Yeah, they're here, lol. Rachel, come with me up to my sister's house near Yosemite...I guarantee that each morning one of those lovely woodpeckers will wake you out of your sound sleep! :lol:

Halllllllllloooooooooooooooo friends!

HI to everybody else. :) When's Donna leaving? She's such the cruiser, isn't she? :lol:

Halllllllloooooooooo to you too! Not leaving until October, but in my heart I'm there now. :lol:

Woohoo the luck continues!! Looks like a place in Los Gatos coming our way. It's even $1k/mo *less* than we thought we might have to go!

AND, when I asked the manager how big a deposit to hold it for us until John's back from Chicago, he says NOTHING - he'll hold it!!! Wooooohoooooo!!!!!!

Wow, now THAT's amazing! When is John coming back from Chicago?

Hey, you are here and showing me how to work this thing

Great pic Shelly!! Nice to "see" you!

WILL TRY TO KEEP UP MORE.

Hi Judy! You do amazingly well at keeping up! :)

Recap, lol. I think we tried to do something like that once and it was hard, but basically we've all been talking about WHY we didn't feel better after having been on on a gluten free diet for a while. Many of us have multiple issues besides the gluten intolerance and many of us have been tested for and have lyme or other underlying conditions that cause the food intolerances.

I'm currently dairy and soyfree although admittedly I'm not strict about "hidden" ingredients with either of those, and ocassionally I'll do something stupid like I did two weeks ago and binge on gluten/casein free chocolate chips that are loaded with soy. :(

I was just talking to my hubby about this tonight. We were planning on paying down some credit cards but now they are going to stay close to maxed out. The financial burden can be stressful but I feel we've got to get some more treatments into these guys. We'll be out of funds in September probably.

I would be suprised if we didn't have mold in the walls here. We had a leak in the Master Bath and I'm pretty sure the ceiling wasn't cleaned up. I figure if we get the children as much treatment as possible that it will help with the toxins from the mold. Talitha tested for aspergillus and I already mentioned Seth tested for the penicillium.

I hear you on the credit. I'm really uneasy about my situation as well. :( I've decided I'm going to cut down on some of the supplements...that's what's costing the most right now. I'm going to figure out which ones are the most important and just stick with those...I may ask Dr. S what he thinks about that too.

I talked to my doc yesturday i really like this guy we both agreeed that i could not handle chealtion right now . I am going to do a special malabsorbtion drip and he is going to add extra alkalizing things to hopefully quiet this horrible reaction i am having.

I really like him too!

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie-

i got your message the other day i meant to write back but it has beeen a rough time. Thank you for thinking of me though- it was the only thing that made me feel better that day!!

Thanks for the parasite food list. I am currently taking black walnut for parasites. I also took a stornger med. vermox it was the only thing that helped me at all I had taken it in the past as well.

Miamia

My dear miamia, I have been so worried about you. Thank you so much for touching base and letting us know how you are.

I think it's just fine to take a break with the chelation, and I'm glad your doctor is in agreement. It has been so hard on you. As I told you before it was very hard on my body as well. What helped me a little is I would drive an hour immediately after my treatment to get a colonic which really assisted my body in pulling out some of the toxins that were released. It made for a long day, but I think it helped me with the recovery time between sessions.

I am very hopeful that the malabsorption drip and the time off and rest will help with the reaction you are having.

You are in my thoughts :wub:

Jin, I LOVE your posts!!! I appreciate all the info you share and all the little stories and personal anecdotes you throw in there. I look forward to them :lol:

I have a lot of respect for American Indian medicine and Chinese medicine. I am part American Indian so I think the way of thinking, using nature to heal, is kind of in my soul. Currently I am working with an acupuncturist for the majority of my health issues and I am taking Chinese herbs.

Hi Judy, nice to see you. I don't even know if you remember me :lol: I have been gone from the board for about 7 months- that's a really long time in board time!

Hi Shelly, I have a Shelly with a "y" in my family too :D

Hi Kassandra, I am soy and dairy free as well.

Susie Q, I guess the name stuck around here :lol: Very nice to see you too!

Good morning Donna and Andrea :)

AndreaB Contributor

I'm glad you have a good doctor. :D Sounds like a good plan to stop chelation for the time being.

I figured apartments would be at a premium over there......seems NY has a reputation for expensive apartments. Sounds like a wonderful place though.

Good morning Donna and Andrea :)

Hi Julie! :D Yes, 7 months is a long time board time.

AndreaB Contributor
Woodpeckers...Yeah, they're here, lol. Rachel, come with me up to my sister's house near Yosemite...I guarantee that each morning one of those lovely woodpeckers will wake you out of your sound sleep! :lol:

:lol::lol: I can just imagine that! Somehow I don't think that'd be a very peaceful wake up call. :P

I hear you on the credit. I'm really uneasy about my situation as well. :( I've decided I'm going to cut down on some of the supplements...that's what's costing the most right now. I'm going to figure out which ones are the most important and just stick with those...I may ask Dr. S what he thinks about that too.

That's the thing. We won't even have the funds to continue supplements. I want to see what comes up with the next ASYRA/ART session and was hoping to get 4 or 5 more LEDS in but I don't know. The supplements may be more important than getting some of the LED's. I'll have to talk to Dr. E about that.

dlp252 Apprentice
I can just imagine that! Somehow I don't think that'd be a very peaceful wake up call. :P

No and I didn't tell you the OTHER piece of the story from a few years ago, lol. Definitely NOT peaceful! :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
No and I didn't tell you the OTHER piece of the story from a few years ago, lol. Definitely NOT peaceful! :lol:

I can definitely testify to it not being a very peaceful wake up call :lol:

There was one woodpecker who liked to do his thing on something metal on my roof, I don't know if it was part of the chimney or what, but it sounded very much like a jackhammer in my room at the crack of dawn.

The cost of everything is definitely stressful. I don't even have insurance coverage, but most all of the treatments I have been doing for all these years wouldn't have even be covered. Paying out of pocket has been the only option. Some of my health care professionals have been great with offering a break, or payment plans. But still, it's a LOT of money- treatments alone. Supplements- a whole other story. 50%-75% mark-up people!

ami27 Apprentice

Thanks Rachel and Jin for your advice on research. My plan was to talk with this dentist tomorrow and not necessarily start the removal unless it was best and he had a detox plan that seemed sensible. I have read up on detox protocols for after removal, but nothing about prior to removal. So that's what I'll do today...attempt to educate myself on that aspect of it so I'll have some info for my consultation. I won't jump into the removal right away if there is some preparation that I should do. I'm off to look for Dr. Hal Huggins' protocol as Jin suggested. Thanks again!

Ami

Green12 Enthusiast
Thanks Rachel and Jin for your advice on research. My plan was to talk with this dentist tomorrow and not necessarily start the removal unless it was best and he had a detox plan that seemed sensible. I have read up on detox protocols for after removal, but nothing about prior to removal. So that's what I'll do today...attempt to educate myself on that aspect of it so I'll have some info for my consultation. I won't jump into the removal right away if there is some preparation that I should do. I'm off to look for Dr. Hal Huggins' protocol as Jin suggested. Thanks again!

Ami

Hi Ami,

I'm glad you are looking in to things and researching the amalgam removal process. It's good to be armed with all of the information so you can ask your dentist lots of questions when you go in to meet with him for your consultation.

I had mine taken out almost 15 years ago so I'm kind of obsolete, not really up on the latest as to the protocols and procedures.

Best of luck to you!

Limpin Newbie

Hello all,

My first post here. The whole corn thing early on in this thread inspired me to do a little experiment on myself. Today I have been feeling really good, eating only meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and fruit. I had some Mayo with my tuna and I felt a little funny. I wondered what it could be, so I waited a couple of hours for it to digest, and then tested one ingredient in the low-fat mayo: corn starch. I went to my cupboard and ate about a teaspoon and a half of corn starch. Just that small amount made me feel like crap! My vision is somewhat blurry, my brain feels foggy, time feels weird, and I feel slightly dizzy. Corn starch appears to be no good for me. I wonder if it is the processing factor, 1) making it hard to digest without the other grain components, or 2) possibly adding impurities. There is no protein in corn starch so this eliminates proteins and lectins (also a protein). Maybe it just caused a minor blood sugar spike from high glycemic index/load, even though it was only about 5g of carbs.

Interesting experiment, conclusive results (in my mind)!: Corn starch = BAD. Perhaps not the worst of all devil foods, but still worth avoiding for me.

Thanks for listening. Thoughts?

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, so not a whole lot new to report from my LLMD visit. He is very concerned about my sleep, so gave me one more supplement to take. He wants me to continue with the 5-HTP, melatonin and the detox agent he gave me a couple of months ago, and just add this new thing. It's called morinda (citrifolia)...never heard of it, but he says it will give me energy in the day time and help me sleep at night. I think it has some adrenal support properties to it.

We still aren't starting to treat anything yet...he asked about what percentage of normal I feel and I said 60%, so I think he is happy with that for now. He wants me to continue to do what I've been doing...general detox, supporting my liver and other organs, treating the lyme with herbals and supplements, etc. He also wants me to continue with my current doctor team...said that 60% is pretty good, so don't mess with a good thing, lol.

He is dismayed about the mold situation and came right out and said I will not get better until get away from any exposure. I did tell him I ordered the test kit...he just repeated that he has never seen anyone who has the issues I have improve as long as they were exposed to toxic mold.

Funny thing is that my blood pressure was pretty high today...it was 120/70...that's the highest reading I've had in a few years. Well, except for the time I was really, really sick after my cruise in 2005 and the nurse took my blood pressure reading OVER my winter sweater. :rolleyes:

Anyway, he wants me to see if Anna can send him a report on my treatments, etc., so I called over there today to see if it can be done. He was really interested in which vials I reacted to in the Lyme panels. He did mention that treating the metals will help the lyme, but no word on when we'll treat the metals. I think he might want to see Anna's report first.

Hello Limpin, welcome! Yep, I think corn starch is bad for many people here. No other thoughts really...I've avoided the stuff for a few years now for various reasons, lol. Just wanted to welcome you and say that your experiment is what many of us have had to do to narrow down our issues.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Donna, it sounds like you had a good appt.

My LLMD is concerned about sleep, too ... I guess it's important. :P Adam started taking the 5 HTP since I can't .... we're BOTH sleeping better :lol: ... I think it's that the stuff I'm taking is finally working ... I still wake up and have trouble getting to sleep, but it's improving.

Limpin, I'm glad you're figuring things out!

Archived