This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
He is dismayed about the mold situation and came right out and said I will not get better until get away from any exposure. I did tell him I ordered the test kit...he just repeated that he has never seen anyone who has the issues I have improve as long as they were exposed to toxic mold.

Is there no way to do a clean up? I know it would be expensive and maybe not worth it. :unsure: Is it mainly in the bathroom where you could do a major renovation?

We've got to try and figure how much mold we have here. I know we have it in the bathroom ceiling and we've cleaned up some on the baseboard in the master bedroom.....I think it's on that end of the house. We can't afford to move for quite some time as our rent would go up more than likely. Will have to ask the landlord about redoing the ceiling in the bathroom maybe. :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor
Interesting experiment, conclusive results (in my mind)!: Corn starch = BAD. Perhaps not the worst of all devil foods, but still worth avoiding for me.

It seems quite a few people have problems with corn starch. How do you do with regular corn? Maybe it's something in the processing. You can use arrowroot in recipes that call for corn starch.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
he just repeated that he has never seen anyone who has the issues I have improve as long as they were exposed to toxic mold.

I have to agree with this. I think its way too much of a burden on an already struggling immune system. I dont think people can recover and I think things would only get worse over time.

Scott has said it many times as well...that he doesnt see people getting well when they dont get away from the toxic mold situation.

Heck...if you werent ever exposed to it in the first place you might not even be sick. :(

It could be the main thing thats bringing the Lyme out....thats the way it seems to happen for so many people. Whole families get affected...its crazy what toxic mold does to us...and without us even knowing it!

Lots of people had their kids start showing signs of Autism once they were exposed to toxic mold.

I think I've seen it on every board I've been on now...food intolerance, Celiac, all kinds of autoimmune diseases, infections (bacteria, fungi, viruses), ADHD.....all this stuff coming out because the immune system was heavily burdened by some unseen mold! :blink:

Its pretty scary. Mold scares me MUCH more than Lyme...if you can believe that!! :ph34r:

So yeah...if you really do have toxic mold in your house....I think it would keep you sick for as long as its there. :(

I'm also concerned about Andrea. I didnt know you had mold issues at your home. :(

I think if that were the case...it could be behind alot of whats thats happening with the kids....as far as the intolerances and even T.'s behaviors. I dont know....did she have any problems before you lived there?

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Cornstarch contains sulfites.

If you react to other things containing sulfites (wine, dried fruits, grape juice concentrate, raisins, etc) it could be a reaction to sulfites.

Corn starches and syrups are the most common sulfured ingredients in modern foods. They are to be found in nearly every packaged product in your supermarket.

Open Original Shared Link

dlp252 Apprentice
Is there no way to do a clean up? I know it would be expensive and maybe not worth it. Is it mainly in the bathroom where you could do a major renovation?

Can't afford to do anything! :( He wants me to move, lol. I don't even think I could sell the place in the condition it's in, lol. And that's the thing, I don't know where it is, or even for sure that I've got it. He asked if my neighbor who shares that wall with me is sick. Nope. But, the people who lived there before the couple that does now, did a lot of rennovation...I'm hoping maybe when they ripped the walls out, the took care of the mold if it was there. Wishful thinking, cuz the guy didn't do a good job in other ways, so probably not. So, I've got the mold plates ordered and I'll test and see. He asked what the longest time I was away from my place and did I feel better. I've been away for 3.5 weeks, and no, didn't see a lot of improvement.

I think he also wants me to get a different job. :unsure::rolleyes:

Heck...if you werent ever exposed to it in the first place you might not even be sick.

It could be the main thing thats bringing the Lyme out....thats the way it seems to happen for so many people. Whole families get affected...its crazy what toxic mold does to us...and without us even knowing it!

Yep, basically what he said too

Its pretty scary. Mold scares me MUCH more than Lyme...if you can believe that!! :ph34r:

I do believe it and me too!

I'm also concerned about Andrea. I didnt know you had mold issues at your home.

I think if that were the case...it could be behind alot of whats thats happening with the kids....as far as the intolerances and even T.'s behaviors. I dont know....did she have any problems before you lived there?

I'm concerned too!

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, it sounds like you had a good appt.

My LLMD is concerned about sleep, too ... I guess it's important. :P Adam started taking the 5 HTP since I can't .... we're BOTH sleeping better :lol: ... I think it's that the stuff I'm taking is finally working ... I still wake up and have trouble getting to sleep, but it's improving.

Yeah it was good I think. I don't see him again until December unless something changes, or I feel badly.

He doesn't think my sleep problem has anything to do with my blood sugar though, and I tend to agree...I've actually been having trouble GETTING to sleep since I've been eating right before bed, which is usually NOT my problem, lol. He's pretty sure it's the lyme that's causing the sleep issues.

So, ha, if Adam sleeps better then you do, lol.

AndreaB Contributor
I'm also concerned about Andrea. I didnt know you had mold issues at your home. :(

We've all gotten worse since being here. We've been here just over 2 years and celiac/gluten intolerance didn't come up til last year (about 1 1/2 years ago I started ELISA testing).

T's behavior has also gotten worse as well as her sensitivities.

If Seth's sulfa didn't clear this time I'll ask if molds in the house could be interfering with him. He's still in my room.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
Yeah it was good I think. I don't see him again until December unless something changes, or I feel badly.

He doesn't think my sleep problem has anything to do with my blood sugar though, and I tend to agree...I've actually been having trouble GETTING to sleep since I've been eating right before bed, which is usually NOT my problem, lol. He's pretty sure it's the lyme that's causing the sleep issues.

So, ha, if Adam sleeps better then you do, lol.

Yeah, but I think it's just coincidence ... I can't sleep when he's out of town either.

I think it's the Lyme, too ... for both of us.

confusedks Enthusiast

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I have a question for those of you who are soyfree. Do you avoid soy lecithin? I have read that it doesn't bother some people but others do avoid it. Just wondering as I venture into this new tree nut and soy free diet. It is so frustrating.

Also, mold!!! Ahh! What are the symptoms of mold toxicity? I know that is what this whole thread about...but a few symptoms because the apartment we live in is so old and damp and wooden! We know there is mold being the toilet upstairs and in many other places. I think this is part of why my mom and I are both SO EXHAUSTED!!

Kassandra

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Also, mold!!! Ahh! What are the symptoms of mold toxicity?

Heres some info. about symptoms produced by exposure to toxic molds. Other conditions can produce the same symptoms. Mercury toxicity, Lyme Disease....anything which is causing alot of toxicity in the body can cause these symptoms.

It used to be thought that dangerous molds were primarily contaminants in foods. This notion is quickly changing.

Recently, researchers have become more concerned with multiple mycotoxins that derive from many types of mold spores growing in moist indoor environments.

Health effects from exposures to such mold mixtures can differ from those related to single mycotoxins in controlled laboratory exposures. Although it is difficult to predict how exposure to multiple toxigenic molds can affect an individual (they can synergize the effects), the following provides possible poor health effects from mycotoxin exposure to multiple molds indoors.

Problems with the vascular system. Increased vascular fragility, possibility of hemorrhaging into body tissues. Possible molds include aflatoxin, satratoxin, roridins.

Problems with digestive system. Diarrhea, vomiting, intestinal hemorrhage, liver effects (such as necrosis and fibrosis). Aflatoxin results in deleterious effects on mucous membranes.

Problems with respiratory system. Including respiratory distress, and bleeding from the lungs.

Problems with nervous system. Tremors, lack of coordination, depression, and headaches.

Problems with cutaneous system. Symptoms include rash, burning sensation, and sloughing of skin.

Problems with urinary system.

Problems with reproductive system. Including infertility, changes in reproductive cycles, etc.

Many mycotoxins can produce changes or a weakening of the immune system.

and more...

Mold toxicity is often the end result with constant exposure to mold of a toxic substance.

A common misconception among allergists who are untrained in this type of toxicity levels in humans, which is technically not their area of expertise unless they have trained specifically in environmental medicine with their background in immunology, is to do general allergen testing.

Most tests usually result in an unequivocal result, a 2+ or less. This induces some physicians to order allergy shots, regardless. These shots are absolutely worthless (and could possibly be harmful) to a person who has been heavily exposed to these mycotoxins as they are already in a state of toxicity. If anything, this could exacerbate the problem. Because many doctors are not trained in this field, they may try to "guess" at a diagnosis.

In laymen's terms, molds produce mycotoxins. These substances, although unseen by the naked eye, are ingested and then enter the body through the skin, mucous and airways.

Once ingested, mold has the requirements to colonize and spread. In doing this, it can compromise the immune system and damage everyday processes of the body. Mold and yeast are interchangeable only in their dimorphic state, which is often a big misconception, although both are fungi.

There has been a theory of a connection between Autism Spectrum Disorder onset and Candida Albicans in the body. New studies are being conducted during the first quarter of 2006. Updates will follow.

The following are a list of the most common symptoms of fungal exposure (bear in mind, people never fit all of below criteria). Most people with some forms of Mycotoxicosis meet at least 8 (recent symptoms) of the following criteria:

Fibromyalgia/mps (and several correlated symptoms)

Respiratory distress, coughing, sneezing, sinusitis

Difficulty swallowing, choking, spitting up (vomiting) mucous

Hypersensitivity pneumonitis

Burning in the throat and lungs (similar to acid reflux and often misdiagnosed as such)

Asthmatic signs; wheezing, shortness in breath, coughing, burning in lungs, etc.

Irritable bowel syndrome, nausea, diarrhea, sharp abdominal pains, stomach lesions

Bladder, liver, spleen, or kidney pain

Dark or painful urine

Dirt-like taste in mouth, coated tongue

Food allergies/leaky gut syndrome/altered immunity

Memory loss; brain fog, slurred speech, occasionally leading to dementia

Vision problems

Swollen lymph nodes

Large boils on neck (often a sign of anaphylaxis)

Yellowing of nails, ridges, or white marks under nail

Thyroid irregularities, sometimes leading to complete dysfunction; adrenal problems

Headaches

Anxiety/depression, heart palpitations - confusion, PTSD

Extreme blood pressure, cholesterol, or triglycerides irregularities

Ringing in ears, balance problems (very common), dizziness, loss of hearing (aspergillus niger)

Chronic fatigue (also included under this classification directional confusion)

Intermittent face flushing; almost always systemic, Called the Mylar Flush (neurological))

Night head sweats, and drooling while sleeping, profuse sweating

Multiple chemical sensitivity; only upon exposure to Stachybotrys and Chaetomium

Nose bleeds (stachybotrys)

Bruising/scarring easily; rash or hives, bloody lesions all over the skin (Often systemic, see images; skin)

Reproductive system complications; infertility, changes in menstrual cycles, miscarriage

Sudden weight changes (Detoxifier genotypes tend to gain weight, non-detoxifier genotypes tend to lose weight)

Cancer

Hair loss, very brittle nails, temporary loss of fingerprints (in rare cases)

Joint/muscle stiffness and pain

Irregular heart beat/heart attack

Seizures, inadvertent body jerking, twitching, inadvertent facial movements or numbness in face

Hypersensitivity when re-exposed to molds, which can lead to anaphylaxis

Anaphylaxis upon re-exposure to mycotoxin producing molds

Death, in extreme cases

Note: despite inaccurate and misleading reports by theorists regarding immuno-compromised, babies, and the elderly being more susceptible, this is a big misconception as exposure to the T-2 mycotoxins found in many types of current indoor molds will poison anyone in time; no one is immune.

The reason for this conflicting information is that studies have never been conducted to prove this. If so called experts are going to make such a broad and misleading statement, they may as well say that this same category of people is more susceptible to SARS, West Nile Virus, AIDS, and cancer. The T-2 mycotoxins found in many of these molds are the exact same T-2 mycotoxins that have killed widespread groups of innocent people with Yellow Rain, a biological warfare agent.

Different mold species can have varying health effects, but it is important to remember that any excessive mold growth needs to be taken care of, regardless of the species. Any excessive mold growth can lead to increased allergies, toxicity, and house/building structural problems.

I have a question for those of you who are soyfree. Do you avoid soy lecithin? I have read that it doesn't bother some people but others do avoid it.

I'm soy free and get bad symptoms from it....I dont worry about soy lecithin though. Not that I'm consuming it much anyway....I dont eat processed foods or things likely to contain it very often. I think most people are ok with it.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hey Donna.....I found this in my reading tonight.

Many parasites affect the nervous system and give rise to sleep disorders, such as insomnia.

Maybe you should ask Dr. S. about parasites. If I'm remembering correctly...last year Scott had told me that he was seeing Dr. S. for metals and for parasites. I'm assuming that he must have experience with treating them.

The parasites could be causing the problems with "D" too.

I'm sure you could call him and ask him about it.

AndreaB Contributor

Kassandra,

I avoid soy lecithin just because I've read that it's still allergenic. If you want to challenge it, remove it for at least two weeks and then eat something with it in it. It may take time to build up so you'll need to be vigilant in being aware of possible differences in your body.

confusedks Enthusiast

Andrea,

Do you mind if I ask what you eat? I can't have tree nuts, peanuts, dairy or eggs. I am out of ideas although I have some.

Kassandra

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Julie,

I am glad you enjoy my posts! I often do so for the sole enjoyment of all! ;) My little column amuses people, and that is good! Laughter particularly is important to have. It is great medicine!

Your information might not be out of date with the amalgam removal. If you followed Dr. Hal Huggins' protocol, it is still used now. This is the primary source for all biological dentists from what I understand. At least you got that taken care of a long time ago. The sooner the better I say with the mercury!

I had rumors of Native American blood in our family on my mother's side. Cherokee was said to be in our family line by my great-grandmother. The ancestry is difficult to trace. Many people discriminated against due to be Native American. They would have to hide their identity to even get a job. It was so sad. You certainly have the high cheekbones!

I think you probably made a good decision with the Chinese herbs. There is so much it has to offer. Native American medicine men have been amazing as well in their knowledge. It is a tragedy so much has been lost to chemicals and prescriptions. I do not trust Western Medicine after what it has done to me! :(

Meanwhile, as far as ancestry goes, I would love to get DNA testing done. I think we probably have Chinese in there somewhere, just really far back. Meiramgul was a nine-year-old girl they found in Northern Mongolia near the Chinese border that had naturally blonde hair. Archeologist Jeannine Davis-Kimball had discovered mummies that were in the Eurasian Steppes in 1994 that are believed to be the Amazon Warrior Women. Kimball wondered if there were any surviving descendents left, so she looked for the naturally blonde children found in Mongolia.

They found Meiramgul, and member of the nomadic Kazak tribe. She looked nothing like her family. They had typical black hair and eyes, as most Mongols do. They took samples of DNA from the mother, grandmother, and Meiramgul. Mitochondrial DNA was tested in a lab and compared to that of the Amazon Warrior Women.

The results were amazing! It was a match! The DNA was from her mother's side, and apparently, even 2,500 years later, a characteristic such as hair color can reappear. Once it is there, it always is present, just does not always appear. DNA testing for this is only about $250.

We have woodpeckers here, too. They can be quite noisy. It is not surprising there are not as many as there used to be. Environmental changes probably are why. Like you, I prefer not to have one for an alarm clock.

Dear Andrea,

I always want to spell Shelly's name with an e, too! :lol: I suppose it is what we are used to seeing. Your brain just tends to think of it that way. It is like when someone says herb and actually pronounces the h. That always drives me nuts, too, every time I hear it!

Having mold in the house could definitely cause issues. Behavioral and health problem often result from exposure to toxic mold. I am sure we have it. Naturally, my parents are sure I am just a lunatic and obsessive. Well, la-dee-frickin' da! :blink:

I can see why you are so frustrated. Those treatments are expensive. I love how doctors assume money just drops out of nowhere into your lap as you need it. Tell the doctor as soon as you start crapping gold coins you will happily oblige. What is it with people not getting that the money is not in the account, it is not in there? :rolleyes::blink:

Dear Carla,

It is good to hear your sleeping is improving. Insomnia really makes things difficult. I get it off and on. Sometimes I do well most of the week. Other times, I barely get rest for several days in a row.

Dear Donna,

That is great your blood pressure is up! I know mine gets low. I have been looking up Neurally Mediated Hypotension.

It fits pretty well. The symptoms can be so scary!

Credit is a huge problem. Mine is lousy now. All of the medical bills and then this student loan have really ruined things. Rich people have no idea what it is like to worry this much. I am so tired of hearing people who have money whine and be ungrateful! :angry:

The mold in your condo is probably causing major problems. I know I will probably never get well unless I move out of here. I can bet we have toxic mold. My parents stick their heads in the sand. Since they are full of rocks, at least they go well together.

Woodpeckers can really be loud! It is amazing how noisy one creature can be. They also are hot-tempered. We had one that used to peck the bird feeder when it was out of seed until we came out to refill it! :lol: These birds seem pretty smart.

Good luck with the new supplement for insomnia! I have not heard of it. I was using a supplement that had passion flower in it before. I still was hardly sleeping. My Thyroid probably adds to the trouble.

Dear Rachel,

Awesome scientificness on the mold! I have read about that before. Our house probably has it really bad in the basement. I try to limit my time down here for that reason. The thing is, as long as I live here, I doubtfully will get well.

It was interesting you mentioned allergy shots. I used to take them as a child. Maybe they actually made me worse. What do you think? Perhaps the toxins were to heavy a burden on my system combined with the Celiac.

I agree that parasites could be a big part of Donna's situation. They could be for many of us. I am terrified about the thought of having any. Thank you for the link! I have it in my favorites.

Dear Mia,

I am sorry you are having such a tough time. I do pretty good sometimes, and other times I would just assume someone just put me out of my misery. It can be so hard. You just have to do what you can to reduce your misery. The IV sounds like a good idea. Let us know how it goes!

This new doctor sounds great. Everything should fall into place. Just take it one day at a time. That is what we all have to do. Being patient is difficult when you are suffering.

Your new apartment sounds nice! I think you will feel better soon. You are so right about apartment space in NYC. Finding a place is close to impossible. People are everywhere.

Chelation right now would be a bad idea. Your doctor made a good call. You have too fragile a system for that at this time. Maybe sometime later on in the year you will be better. The burden is very heavy on the body for that type of thing.

We love you, too! Do not forget! HUGS! All of us are a family. Speaking of, you are breaking one of the Ten Commandments of Thyself. Remember, Thou Shalt Not Feel Guilty For Things That Are Not Thy Fault". I always have had a guilt complex about things I should not have worried about. No more of that for either of us!

Dear Judy,

Just do the best you can! There is a lot to keep straight on here! We can try, that is all! Feel free to use my posts as a cheat sheet if need be. That is what it is there for!

Do not feel bad. You cannot remember everything! FUGHETTABOUTIT! :lol:;) Believe it or not, I do forget things. Around the house, I will put stuff in other rooms, and then totally dingo where I put it. I will be like "Where the hell did that go?"

Dear Limpin,

Welcome to the thread! Corn starch is something a lot of people do not do well with. You sure had a terrible reaction! I can see why you would avoid that stuff like the plague! I know for some individuals, it is only GMO corn they cannot tolerate. I do not always tolerate corn syrup. It can make me feel just plain icky.

Dear Ami,

I am glad you are being careful. Thinking the process of mercury amalgam removal through is important. Many people jump into it blindly. That can be very dangerous. Thank God there are resources online! Also, I recommend going on Amazon and getting a couple of books. One is "Beating Alzheimer's" by Tom Warren, and the other is "It's All In Your Head" by Dr. Hal Huggins.

Dear Kassandra,

My posts are usually a recap of sorts. Use them as a cheat sheet if you want to. I do not mind. This thread moves quickly! We always have a lot on our minds!

The toxic mold is a good possibility for some of your symptoms. It is nasty stuff. The horrors it causes are absolutely terrifying. You would never imagine these things being related to exposure to mold. Everytime you turn around, there is more startling information!

I am gluten and lactose free. I hope not to have to avoid soy. No Chinese food equals unhappy Jin. That would completely suck. Our buddy tom is soy-free as well. He had terrible brain fog until recently. The soy gave him major problems.

Dear Shelly,

Your avatar is so cute! The children are dolls! I bet you are proud of them. My son is cute, but quite furry. He is a Yorkie. Dart is short for D'artagnan. I named him after the hero in the Alexandre Dumas novel.

I rebelled by wanting to change my name altogether. So, I plan to do so legally as soon as I get some money. People around here have named everybody the same thing, which can get very confusing quickly. I never felt Kimberly Dawn fit me.

I think I look more like a Piper.

Sincerely,

Jin

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea,

Do you mind if I ask what you eat? I can't have tree nuts, peanuts, dairy or eggs. I am out of ideas although I have some.

Boy am I the wrong person to ask about food. :P:lol:

I've gone down to two meals a day most times. For 1 because I can't figure out what to eat and for 2 we've been short on food funds since my hubby's work has been slower than it should be this time of year.

Basically I eat turkey (we like sheltons turkey patties etc.....check the box if you buy their products, they label if they are gluten free), beef, chicken, collard greens, kale, chard, broccoli, rice, rice pasta, bread (I make one of the breads posted on the forum here) with nut butter (you can substitute pumpkin seed butter, that's pretty good.....found it at Whole Foods) and fruit spread. (I do eat a lot of eggs too). This time of year I like fresh spinach too. Then you have whatever fruits you can eat. Food is pretty boring around here. Even after we get to the point we can eat more again we'll remain dairy and soy free (and of course gluten). I don't know if you like or can eat beans, but that would be something else.

I buy enjoy life chocolate chips.......yummy!

confusedks Enthusiast

Andrea,

This is what I keep hearing...plain foods. Everyone tells me fruits, veggies, meats, etc. Whole type foods are the best and I know that...but AHH!! What about those of us who are crazy busy and don't have time to make "full meals" all the time?? :angry: I guess I'll get used to it. This makes me realize that people who have no other intolerances other than gluten are lucky in a way because it's wayyyy easier! Oh well!

Kassandra

miamia Rookie

yesturday was insane. I got the iv and I think the drip was to fast for me i felt really bad after and i told the nurse there she said as much. Well i lef thinking ok it will pass. But i felt so bad that when i was walking i started to get really dizzy and my legs just kind of gave out (very scary) I called my docs office but i didn;t hear back form him which is weird becasue he is really good about getting back to me - i kind of think he may not have got the message i am going to call him today.

Rachel-

all the mold info is making me feel alot less guilty about how much my apt. costs. I am so glad to be out of that old place i know it had serious mold problems. I may have to ask my sis to borrow some money but its worth it.

Ok i have done something very bad lately- i ate japanese food ( not a good idea for someone with parasites) ok so i ahd it once and oh my it tasted so good I'm sure it sounds gross to some people but I love raw fish!! I bought it and said i would cook the fish and technically it would be better than buying regular fish becasue sushi grade fish has to meet higher standards but than i brought it home and i just coulden't cook it - it looked so good. I said i woulden't get i tagain though or if i did i would cook the fish. Ok so now i havebought it multiple times and no i never cooked the fish.

Ok that is my confession of the day. I only buy it from whole foods and they are so clean but i know its not a good idea . Although even saying that i know i may do it again.

mftnchn Explorer

Hi all,

Been on a trip away for quite awhile, and there's just no way I'll be able to catch up with all the posts. :huh:

Kassandra, crock pot or one pot meals might work for you. Since I travel a lot, I make larger meals when I do cook, and then put them into small containers for a one meal portion to freeze. Then I have a variety to take with me on a trip.

Baked potato with toppings might work.

I have this whole recipe book of chicken recipes. I went through and marked what could be possible with my diet restrictions, then just have started trying them one by one. Discovered several that are cooked with several vegetables or fruits even. I warm my frozen portion and add to rice noodles in a bit of water to make a pasta, or have it on potato or with some starch of my choice. Also just baked chicken, I put the leftover in a small container and freeze, then add to a salad.

Everyone: Update on me...I'm doing well overall and the lyme seems pretty well controlled again. Last week I had 2 "wiped out" days, so maybe it is about 2-3 days out of 8-10. Also, I have been able to cut back on the magnesium. Its at about 1000 mg now, with 8000-10000 mg Vit C. That has really improved the big C. Having at least small formed almost every morning. My sense is that cutting out soy has helped. Next week or two--I am going to retry milk. Wish me luck on that! Carla, you give me hope. ;)

dlp252 Apprentice
Hey Donna.....I found this in my reading tonight.

Maybe you should ask Dr. S. about parasites. If I'm remembering correctly...last year Scott had told me that he was seeing Dr. S. for metals and for parasites. I'm assuming that he must have experience with treating them.

The parasites could be causing the problems with "D" too.

I'm sure you could call him and ask him about it.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the D. We were talking about my concentration/memory problems and I completely forgot about the D. :lol: Very interesting sites. Dr. S mentioned something else...I woke up this morning trying to remember what supplement it was he asked me about. Reading the articles you posted reminded me...it was artemesia (I think). He asked if anyone had suggested artemesia. I think that's the one... Calling him is a good idea, and probably should do it while I'm still reasonably fresh in his mind, lol.

and this quote from what you posted:

Most tests usually result in an unequivocal result, a 2+ or less. This induces some physicians to order allergy shots, regardless. These shots are absolutely worthless (and could possibly be harmful) to a person who has been heavily exposed to these mycotoxins as they are already in a state of toxicity. If anything, this could exacerbate the problem. Because many doctors are not trained in this field, they may try to "guess" at a diagnosis.

:o Yikes, see, this is exactly what I've been thinking is happening with my allergy shots! I think the only reason it isn't worse than it is is because I'm only getting the shots once a month now and they've adjusted the amount they give me. My allergist CALLED ME yesterday to ask about my last shots and whether I had reactions to them. I only had redness at the shot sites for a couple of days, so she said she's going to increase the solution for tomorrow's shot. :huh: Dr. Vikki at HN thinks I should stop the shots. I hadn't really reacted to the last two or three shots, but if I react tomorrow, I might definitely consider stopping them now that I've read this, lol. My allergy skin scratch test for molds was +++ I think, and the very first skin scratch test was higher than that.

My parents stick their heads in the sand. Since they are full of rocks, at least they go well together.

Good luck with the new supplement for insomnia! I have not heard of it. I was using a supplement that had passion flower in it before. I still was hardly sleeping. My Thyroid probably adds to the trouble.

:lol: on the first sentence, lol!!! Yep, just took my first dose of the new stuff. He said to start off I should take it in the morning.

This is what I keep hearing...plain foods. Everyone tells me fruits, veggies, meats, etc. Whole type foods are the best and I know that...but AHH!! What about those of us who are crazy busy and don't have time to make "full meals" all the time?? :angry: I guess I'll get used to it. This makes me realize that people who have no other intolerances other than gluten are lucky in a way because it's wayyyy easier! Oh well!

Yeah, portability is definitely an issue. I also freeze a lot of individual portioned meals, then take one of them for lunch each day. Course, if you don't have access to a microwave while out, it'd be kind of icky, lol. I also eat the sliced turkey, which is pretty portable...this week I've been wrapping them in lettuce leaves. Not very exciting, but does fill me up. I'm starting to look at food in a different way since all has cropped up. :(

Ok i have done something very bad lately- i ate japanese food ( not a good idea for someone with parasites) ok so i ahd it once and oh my it tasted so good I'm sure it sounds gross to some people but I love raw fish!! I bought it and said i would cook the fish and technically it would be better than buying regular fish becasue sushi grade fish has to meet higher standards but than i brought it home and i just coulden't cook it - it looked so good. I said i woulden't get i tagain though or if i did i would cook the fish. Ok so now i havebought it multiple times and no i never cooked the fish.

Ok that is my confession of the day. I only buy it from whole foods and they are so clean but i know its not a good idea . Although even saying that i know i may do it again.

Aw Mia, I'm so sorry the IVs are so hard on you!!!

OMGosh I LOVE raw fish, lol. I miss my sashimi!

Everyone: Update on me...I'm doing well overall and the lyme seems pretty well controlled again. Last week I had 2 "wiped out" days, so maybe it is about 2-3 days out of 8-10. Also, I have been able to cut back on the magnesium. Its at about 1000 mg now, with 8000-10000 mg Vit C. That has really improved the big C. Having at least small formed almost every morning. My sense is that cutting out soy has helped. Next week or two--I am going to retry milk. Wish me luck on that! Carla, you give me hope. ;)

Good luck with the milk!!! Glad the C has also improved, lol. I think I'm currently at about 2500 mg of C and about 1000 of Magnesium...I've been afraid to go higher on either one since I have D already, lol.

CarlaB Enthusiast
yesturday was insane. I got the iv and I think the drip was to fast for me

I'm sorry it made you feel bad ... it sounds like a herx.

I eat sushi still :ph34r::lol: I haven't had it in a couple weeks. I was thinking about what Julie said, how older cultures cleansed regularly from parasites ... they didn't try to avoid them, they just cleaned them out. I think I like that way of thinking. :P I actually eat a LOT on the list she posted.

Been on a trip away for quite awhile, and there's just no way I'll be able to catch up with all the posts. :huh:

I am going to retry milk. Wish me luck on that! Carla, you give me hope. ;)

Welcome back! Where did you go? Did you have a nice time?

Good luck with the milk! I have still been avoiding gluten, but I ate three cheese coneys last night when we went to Skyline Chili! I'm doing fine ... no reaction at all. :) I still eat gluten-free, and honestly, the coneys weren't that good ... I'll have the potato next time. I figure if I used to react, then it still is a stress to my immune system that I don't need right now.

tom Contributor
OMGosh I LOVE raw fish, lol. I miss my sashimi!

Oh yes yes yes!!

Donna & Mia (and rest of u sashimi lovers - u know who u are!)

I SO miss it and all other sushi-related delights for that matter.

Yesterday in SJ, I took my buddy's 8 yr old to YoYo Sushi, partly because it's kinda trippy to see an 8 yr old diggin' sushi so much. (Well, ok, a non-japanese 8yr old!!)

Looking thru the menu & talking to the waitress PLENTY, I thought I'd actually try some maguro sashimi. W/ a couple minutes spent solely on how it can't touch ANYTHING but the chef's knife, I was looking fwd to 1st sushi in 3 or 4 yrs(?) hmmm no idea when last time was.

Anyway - ugh - it shows up on an artfully arranged little plate w/ my fish leaned up against noodles!!!!!! :angry:arrrrgh!!!!!

I really thought I'd spent enough time explaining my needs. :(

At 1st, I said I needed one that *really* hasn't touched anything else and she whisked it away. But knowing that the chef's 1st option is just move those to a new plate, I had to follow the plate!

Ended up just saying "forget it, cancel my order". :(:(

Oh well . . . . . . . . .someday. Maybe the way for me to go is like you, Mia - not a restaurant, but at a store.

HI HI HI everyone else!!!!!!

I'm still about 8 or 9 pages back :o:lol:

Considered catching up thru Jin's recaps :D but I think I can read it all.

Just don't y'all go adding 4 *NEW* pages toDAY!!! <_<:lol:B)

Oh - of course the double c.e.R.k. was great!!! No surprise that I recommend them HIGHLY!!!

(And I'm reasonably confident Shelly won't put her ph# in a post again . . . . :lol::P;) Sorry Shelly, but that *will* make me chuckle for a while yet :) )

Green12 Enthusiast

Good morning lovely ladies and man (Tom) :lol:

I was thinking about what Julie said, how older cultures cleansed regularly from parasites ... they didn't try to avoid them, they just cleaned them out. I think I like that way of thinking. :P I actually eat a LOT on the list she posted.

Carla, I like that way of thinking too. Parasites are a fact of life and their sole purpose of being is to invade other living things and use them as a host. I used to have a lot of anxiety and fear about them when I was told I was pretty much infested with them (what a nice thing to be told :lol: ), but I decided I didn't want to give them that power over me.

I eat a lot of the foods on the list as well and I just started a cleanse, I think I need to be more vigilant and do them regularly, 2x yearly, as the article suggested.

I thought these were very interesting tidbits of info on parasites:

parasites can be amoeba, bacteria, fungi, moulds, worms, spores, ticks, cancer;

parasites, like our bodies, are living, dynamic, food processing factories;

each form of parasite influences at least one organ system;

parasites take what they need for survival and leave the host the rest;

parasites in the intestine or colon are irritated by food fiber and enzymes;

good circulation removes parasite waste products which burden our immune system;

good circulation removes our own waste products ... which attract some parasites;

regular exercise encourages good blood, lymph, and digestive circulation;

parasites can preprocess some undigestible foods into digestible for us;

some parasites especially appreciate refined high carbohydrate foods;

some parasites can be transferred by kissing, touching, coughing, intercourse;

some parasites are most active during the night or the full moon;

baking, roasting, barbecuing, boiling or frying of foods often kills parasites;

microwaving of foods may not raise internal temperatures enough to kill parasites;

some parasites migrate through our bodies as they follow stages of growth;

soil, and anything with soil on it ... vegetables, hands, .. contains parasites;

parasites can release hormones into our bodies and change our emotions;

parasites can release wastes within us which dull our sense of awareness;

ancient cultures understood that some herbs and spices were anti-parasitic;

multiple parasitic infestations and ignorance make specific diagnoses difficult;

scientists have identified at least 1000 different human parasites;

different cultures often transfer/encourage specific parasitic strains;

parasite infestation is encouraged by unbalanced negative stress loads;

parasite infections are encouraged by the use of antibiotics and transplant drugs;

we are largely unaware of the warning signals our body gives to us;

our status quo Superego continually encourages us to deny symptoms;

any symptoms may be an indication of one or more of many influences;

ignorance, opinions, expectations, attitudes ---can intensify symptoms.

More dietary suggestions:

Avoiding raw or undercooked beef, pork, fish and chicken is an obvious step in prevention. Water chestnuts, watercress, unwashed fruits and vegetables, and mountain water are also to be avoided. Parasites love sugar and carbohydrates as well as other easily assimilated foods. It is best to eliminate sweets, alcohol and potato chips while cleansing.

Pumpkin seeds, garlic, calmyrna figs, pomegranates, cranberry juice, and apple cider vinegar are good foods to include in your diet to control parasites. Parasitic infections set in when the body is alkaline. Keeping the intestines slightly acidic may help prevent and treat an infection. Cranberry juice or diluted apple cider vinegar (2 tablespoons to eight ounces of water) works well for this.

The subject of parasites can be unpleasant, yet it is more common than most people are aware of. Becoming proactive about parasite maintenance can make a big difference in overall health. Doing a preventative program can ease your worries about uninvited guests.

Kassandra, I eat soy lecithin on rare occasions. It's hard to avoid it in most packaged baked goods with chocolate. I don't notice any adverse GI symptoms when I do ingest it like I do with soy flour, soy milk, other soy products.

miamia, ***this is important*** did you eat something before your drip and directly after? The first few sessions of my chelation drips I got so weak and dizzy. When I stood up my legs gave out and I couldn't walk. I was told it is imperative to eat snacks before, during if you need to, and after a drip to keep blood sugar steady. This will help with weakness, nausea, etc. At the time I wasn't able to eat much so hard boiled eggs worked for me, I would make sure I ate one 20-30 minutes before the drip got started, and one directly after.

I'm so sorry you had a rough day yesterday :( Take it easy today.

AndreaB Contributor
yesturday was insane. I got the iv and I think the drip was to fast for me i felt really bad after and i told the nurse there she said as much. Well i lef thinking ok it will pass. But i felt so bad that when i was walking i started to get really dizzy and my legs just kind of gave out (very scary) I called my docs office but i didn;t hear back form him which is weird becasue he is really good about getting back to me - i kind of think he may not have got the message i am going to call him today.

I'm sorry about the drip reaction. :( Let us know what the doctor says.

From the sounds of all of you, I'm glad I don't like sushi.

Next week or two--I am going to retry milk. Wish me luck on that!

Good luck with the milk. Glad to hear the lyme is under control again. :)

Calling him is a good idea, and probably should do it while I'm still reasonably fresh in his mind, lol.

Have you called him yet? :P

You're a brave person.......I think I'd chicken out of the shots.

Our landlord is coming over this weekend. He sounds like he's concerned with the idea of black mold but we have the greenish and orangish mold. There could be black mold above the ceiling. I've read that some of the greenish and orangish molds can be toxic as well.....it's not just black mold thats toxic.

Good morning lovely ladies and man (Tom) :lol:

:lol: Hi Julie!

Thanks for the additional info on parasites.....copied over.

I've also got the page noted for the mold stuff......really need to copy that over too.......best go do that now. :D

Green12 Enthusiast
Dear Julie,

Laughter particularly is important to have. It is great medicine!

Your information might not be out of date with the amalgam removal. If you followed Dr. Hal Huggins' protocol, it is still used now.

I had rumors of Native American blood in our family on my mother's side. Cherokee was said to be in our family line by my great-grandmother. The ancestry is difficult to trace. Many people discriminated against due to be Native American. They would have to hide their identity to even get a job. It was so sad. You certainly have the high cheekbones!

I think you probably made a good decision with the Chinese herbs. There is so much it has to offer. Native American medicine men have been amazing as well in their knowledge. It is a tragedy so much has been lost to chemicals and prescriptions. I do not trust Western Medicine after what it has done to me! :(

Meanwhile, as far as ancestry goes, I would love to get DNA testing done.

The results were amazing! It was a match! The DNA was from her mother's side, and apparently, even 2,500 years later, a characteristic such as hair color can reappear. Once it is there, it always is present, just does not always appear. DNA testing for this is only about $250.

Hi Jin :D

Another most excellent post! I agree that laughter is a wonderful medicine, that was a big part of Rachelville and I know all the laughs and camaraderie helped me through some rough times.

I am not sure whose protocol exactly I followed, I will have to look up Hal Huggins to see if it's familiar. I was very fortunate at the time to have been referred to a very knowledgeable dentist who only did amalgam removals, he was up on all of the latest safety procedures and took all the precautions with he dam and etc. and he used kinisiology to test all of the materials. So I was so blessed that I was in good hands.

One of my hobbies is Genealogy! I love to research my family tree, I wish I had more free time to spend on it. It is very difficult to trace American Indian roots, there just weren't many records kept, and in most cases the information wasn't accurate or complete since there was not a whole lot of trust in the authorities or government. My great grandfather was one that hid his Indian heritage in order to survive. He passed himself off as white, and his children, and they were to keep this secret to their grave, very very sad to me to have to deny who you are out of fear.

I have heard of the DNA testing as a genealogy tool, so fascinating. Science really is amazing. That's a wonderful story about Meiramgul. One of my family surnames I can trace back to the 1500s in England, unofficially. DNA testing would make it "official" so I am very interested in getting that done!

As far as the Chinese herbs go, I respond to them very well. I had been taking lots of homeopathy remedies and vitamin and herbal supplements prior for several years and I started reacting to all of them them, so I am glad to have something that works for me. Again, I have so much respect for the concept behind Chinese medicine of treating the root and focusing on balance.

Green12 Enthusiast
Yeah, portability is definitely an issue. I also freeze a lot of individual portioned meals, then take one of them for lunch each day. Course, if you don't have access to a microwave while out, it'd be kind of icky, lol. I also eat the sliced turkey, which is pretty portable...this week I've been wrapping them in lettuce leaves. Not very exciting, but does fill me up. I'm starting to look at food in a different way since all has cropped up. :(

Donna,

I also freeze a lot of stuff in individual servings and my meals aren't even portable :lol: It really helps me to be super organized and make large batches of my meats and some starches ahead of time and then separate them into single servings and keep them in the freezer. I know fresh is best, but with busy lives fresh kind of takes the back burner! Then for my meals I take a meat packet, I take a starch, prepare a steamed veggie and a raw veggie, throw in a fat, and there you have it....a no brainer rounded meal.

Archived