This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, good luck with the LED today. Is this, the ART, and the BioSET making you FEEL better? We hear the scientificness on it from you, but how is it doing? Do you feel you are improving?

Are you still doing your sauna? How long do you do it now?

Hmmm....I had to think about this one.

I guess I'm focused alot on what I'm doing and its only when I stop and think about it that I realize that I've made improvements. I ask people around me for their input as well....its hard for me to notice the changes day to day because everything is so gradual.

My mom called me from out of town today and we were talking about this. She said her and her hubby talk about how much I've improved...that I've come a long way from how I was last year. Yeah...I was pretty much out of control. :ph34r:

Its almost been two years that I've been back at work...the first year was very stressful for everyone...especially my mom. Since I started with the new Dr.'s things have calmed down alot around here. :)

So all I know is that my behavior was really bad, I cried almost daily, I reacted to chemicals so bad that I would always hold my hand over my face at work. I couldnt eat without having bad reactions and I sometimes had to leave work early because of the perfumes and such. I know that I complained alot. :(

I know that every morning when I was at work on the computer trying to send my orders I would have trouble focusing and I'd be typing in wrong stuff, forgetting passwords...stuff like that. I would sometimes forget codes while in the checkstand too. Alot of times I was dragging through the day.

Now all of things are no longer issues but I'm only realizing it when I look back at how I was and then look at how I'm doing now.

I sometimes still react to food but its nothing like it was and it doesnt make me act crazy or end up in tears. I dont fight with my mom anymore and I'm not as irritable. My mom said she distinctively remembers me coming home for my lunch and after eating I would call her at work in tears....hysterical about my reactions and saying that I cant go back to work because of my fears about the perfumes. That was happening almost daily.

I usually got it together and went back to work but a couple times I didnt...one time I just couldnt stop crying and had to call Dave (in tears) and tell him I couldnt come back to work. :(

I never cry anymore...which is a really big change...I had been crying almost daily from the time I got sick till sometime last year.

My weight is pretty stable since the beginning of this thread when I first cut out all the supplements (cuz of corn concerns :) ).

Since I started seeing Amy my brainfog improved dramatically...the charcoal helps alot. :)

I'm very focused at work and not having trouble with remembering codes, passwords, etc. I pretty much breeze through everything now. :)

Occasionally I'll have a day where I'm a little "off"....usually cuz of something I ate (i.e almond butter <_< ) but I can always pinpoint it and so it doesnt continue to drag me down. I think brainfog was lifted even more when I stopped eating the ice cream. :)

The last time I felt really messed up was...I think back in Feb. when I increased my NDF drops very quickly. For the most part I've been pretty stable since then. I guess I dont have alot of ups and downs anymore...I just kinda stay stable and make small improvements that arent noticeable to me until later on when I look back.

I can eat without having all the crazy reactions...which is pretty amazing to me. It makes me wonder if I can possibly be eating more than what I'm limiting myself to?? I just take baby steps with the food I add in.... but then I tend to rachel it from then on. :lol:

I've almost eaten a whole log of goat cheese! :o

Cheese is something that was not a possibitlity for me before...not even goat cheese, friendship cheese...or any other cheese that I've ever tried.

I still am very sensitive though...I'm still sensitive to the perfumes and chemicals but not to the same degree of what it was last year. I never have to cover my face with my hands or anything like that. I dont complain about it nearly as much...but its still there. I still have to eat carefully and I still have to steer clear of bothersome chemicals.

Those are the most troubling things now....because they interfere with my life....otherwise I would be more comfortable hanging out with my friends...going on vacation, etc.

I dont drag through the days like I used to...if I eat something bad I might start to feel sluggish but I'm so careful about what I eat that it doesnt usually get real bad.

I dont have alot of aches and pains anymore...the numbness/tingling and those types of symptoms are pretty rare for me now....and again....when it happens its always because of something I ate and I'll know right away what caused it because of how limited I keep my diet.

All the sensitivities are mainly because of the infections in my gut...so they say once I'm through with the LED's and I'm on the protocols for treating these things...the sensitivities will diminish. Thats gonna make all the diference in the world for me...so I really hope it does get alot better. :)

Everyone I see seems very confidant that these sensitivities are gonna clear up with the treatment of the gut infections and the detox....so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. It could be that they are already improving but the changes are just so subtle I barely notice.

I think if I went back to some of my earlier posts in this thread I would probably find alot of posts where I was struggling...having bad days, bad reactions to food, perfumes, etc. I think now I just dont have any posts like that cuz I'm much more stable now....I'm not struggling like I was but I'm still pushing forward cuz I'm nowhere near 100%.

In some ways I'm almost normal (I function pretty well) but with the sensitivities and the head symptoms I get from them....I'm probably only half way there.

So yeah...I guess I can say that something is working....but I cant really pinpoint any one thing. Its probably not just *one* thing thats helped me...but more of a little bit of everything. I think when I get to be 100%....I wont be able to tell anyone exactly what helped me the most....I dont think it will be that obvious to me...but I guess I have to wait and see. :)

Scott is doing alot of the same stuff I'm doing...plus more. He's pretty close to 100% but I dont think he knows what really worked....because he did alot to get to where he's at. I think it will be similar for me.

I cant tell how much BioSET helped me with the sensitivities and I cant tell yet how much the LED sessions are gonna help me (its still too soon). ART doesnt treat anything it just identifies the problems and then finds which remedies will work the best at that time.

As we go through the process our bodies are constantly changing....so even if one med. works great against an infection....it can totally stop being effective or our bodies start rejecting it after even a short time.

The *one* thing that I CAN say without a doubt about all of this....is that the testing to determine what things will work best in my body has most likely been the MOST beneficial thing for me.

I totally suffered while I was still going to the HN clinic and there was absolutely NO improvement for me. He was blindly giving me supplements and they just werent working for me at all. He had no way to tell what my body would accept.

It would have been the same way if Dr. S had tried to treat me. I'm blessed that he knew better and sent me to BioSET and then doubly blessed when she set me up with Scott and Amy. Now I'm blessed a 3rd time with the LED Dr.

The combination of electrodermal screening, ART and the kinesiology that the new Dr. is doing...have helped me to move forward without having to suffer the ups and downs that I was going through before. I think THAT is probably the most significant change for me at this point in time.....just the fact that I remain stable through treatment.

I feel a greater amount of confidance in what I take for treatment now...whereas before I was very scared to try anything. For someone as I reactive as I am...I think the testing has more than proven itself to me. It hasnt been 100%....there have been a couple "duds"....but overall the success rate with the tolerance of supplements has probably been over 95%. In the long run its saved me alot of frusteration (and money) and its given me alot of confidance.

At first when they were telling me that the goal was to get me through this without having alot of setbacks and without missing work...I didnt think it could be possible. Now I'm really feeling confidant that I'll continue working 40 hour weeks and hopefully progress steadily w/out having any major setbacks. :)

I still use my Spiceship too. :D

I only use it 2-3 days a week and never 2 days in a row. I can tolerate it now and I dont have the pressure in my head that I was getting when I first started. I also sweat more easily now!! I do the saunas for 30 minutes.....I never tried to stay in any longer that that though.

I think I could still mess myself up by doing too much and I doubt I'll do more than what I'm doing now for awhile. When I get through alot more of the mercury detox I'll do my saunas more frequently...but for now I dont want to risk moving anything into the brain.

So I guess thats about where I'm at right now. I still got a long way to go but I'm just truckin along. I'm thinking in 6 months time I'll look back and then I'll notice alot of changes have taken place. I dont really analyze things on a day to day basis because changes are so subtle.

Anyways, it was good for me to think about the improvements I've had. Even though I cant always tell whats working....I do know for sure that nothing has gotten worse....things have only gotten better and hopefully it will continue this way.

So thats how I'm doing....scientificness aside. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea,

You are so right about bleach not working on mold. We have it in our toilets for some reason. That 2000 Flushes did not even phase it! :( Tap water is definitely a no-go now. My mother gets D from drinking it as well, so we both stuck with the bottled purified water. We get Ice Mountain.

We cannot tolerate the flavored waters, either. It is so strange. I do not know what it is in them, but we both get sick. My father drinks them fine. He has no trouble from them whatsoever. I am not sure if it is the artificial sweetener or what. I know they are gluten-free.

I wonder why your landlord did not show up. That is odd. Like you said, perhaps he just forgot. Maybe something came up he could not deal with later. There are a number of possibilities.

Dear Mia,

The hydration before the IVs might help a lot. Sometimes you cannot take those nutrients in without proper water levels in your body. Colonics might be useful for this, too. Easing the burden in any way possible is a good idea. Let us know how you do!

I have not been tested for Lyme. I am so bummed right now. Mom and Dad said they cannot afford to do the Lyme testing even if the doctor does decide to approve, because of some medical bills of mine that popped up, and my college fees.

I am so depressed. I wonder why I am still alive, but to just suffer. Why does this always happen to me? This is a deadly disease, and I am stuck being screwed by the universe as usual. :(

Dear Carla,

I never thought about mold in the drain from hair! :o There is another spot we better check! It is all over the shower as it is. My hair is long and it really gets caught in there. At least we have something that catches it, so it does not stop it up.

I always took 150 mg. three times daily of Amoxy when I took it. I never had the trouble you had because I do not believe I was on that much at once. My father did not want me taking any penicillin, due to him having a dangerous reaction to it as a teenager. I had a step uncle die from a deadly allergic reaction to it, despite the fact he had safely taken it his entire life. How strange is that?

It is great to hear you are sleeping better! Sleep is something I probably will not get much of until I get my shot again. The month before it is due always is tough. There are times where it is not as bad as others. This varies from time to time.

I suppose the hormone levels are different each time or something.

Dear Susie,

I have not seen our little scaled buddy today. Maybe he went back outside. He is so flat, he can fit right under the door!

The whole family lives under our second step in front of the house. I have not seen but the one so far, but there could be more.

Rubbing alcohol can kill mold? I never heard that. It would be worth trying. You do not have anything to lose. I am more than willing to attempt it.

I am glad I help with the updates! That is good! It certainly is easier than trying to read everything. Those pages add up quickly! You just never know how many there will be if you are away for too long!

Congratulations on the boyfriend! :) Let me see...I like Zach Braff, James D'arcy, and some other fellows. My favorite soap star got married last year. He is not available, so I had to find someone else. I am still trying to recover from the heartbreak that caused me. I have had a crush on Billy since I was thirteen. To see him, go to www.billywarlock.com and more info.

Dear Donna,

I am glad you got stripe tape now! That should come in handy for toe designs! Do not feel bad. I cannot draw a straight line with a ruler half the time! You would think since I attended art school that I would be able to do that.

Well, I did some looking around about energy absorption for you. Do you know anyone who makes you feel particularly drained whenever you are around them? They could be an energy vampire. This can cause sleep problems. The good news is, you can fix it.

Clear quarts chrystals might be all you need. You either take some large ones and place for of them around your bed, or wear a small one on a necklace or something. I think this might also prevent you from accidentally absorbing others' energy. Psychic attack can be on purpose or accidental. Many people steal energy from others without realizing it. All of us are capable, but if you are a victim, this is especially important to take care of, before it drains your body and life force more.

Augmentin was one my best friend got very sick on. She could not even keep food down when she was on it. I think she was being treated for an ear infection with it. I do not see how it could have done her any good that way. Not surprisingly, she did not get rid of her infection.

The massage sounded nice! I do not think my body could handle a massage. My aches are very bad. A slight touch from anything bothers me. Our dog licks my toes, and it makes me jerk.

Susie and Rachel are teasing us! We want more details! Giving an itty-bitty detail like that was like giving us one freakin' potato chip! You cannot eat just one! You know that!

I did some research on our little buddy Mr. Lizard. It turns out, he is a Six-Lined Racerunner. The babies have blue tails and look like skinks, another type of lizard. He may have gone back out under the door, because I have not seen him. I thought I might have heard him, but am not sure.

Dear Kassandra,

I love your avatar! You look great! You are so pretty! Did you take the picture, or did your husband? I had to take my own.

Since you have to rent, pursuing the mold from a legal angle is your best bet. I do not know what your state laws are.

However, if you Google your state laws about mold, I am sure you will find something. Or, you can tell me where you are at, and I can do some digging for you. As a tenant who pays for the place, you have the legal right to sue over toxic mold in the event the landlord refuses to take care of it.

Dear tom,

I know there is a Celiac meeting somewhere around here. I looked it up before. I do not know whether they will be in the phone book or not, but I am sure I will find it online. There is bound to be something. I know there are other Celiacs.

Don't worry, you will find that gluten-free girlfriend with gluten-free lipstick! You cannot pursue love and it come. It comes when you least expect it. My best friend was looking too hard. She gave up. Right after that, she met the guy she is going to marry!

I told you, Dollface always gets her target! She is not someone that get mad, she gets even. I had a feeling C. Spice got it! I had heard he had not been seen or heard from in a while. They can run, but they cannot hide from Dollface!

Favre is in a uniform, that is true! I am quite fond of soldiers, too! God Bless the troops! :D Without them, who would fight for our freedom? One thing is for sure, no one better spit on them in my presence like they did when soldiers returned from Vietnam. I may very well beat them to a pulp! Soldiers deserve respect!

Food4Life Brown Rice Wraps are not baked in my brain! I am sure Adele's has them, I just missed them. They had a lot of things I did not know about. It is amazing what all you miss. When I go there, I am normally in a big hurry.

Yes, "Coach" taught me a lot about sports! I still watch it now and then. It is on early in the morning sometimes. I always loved that show. Here is an interesting trivia note: Bill Fagerbach that played Dauber did the voice for Broadway in Disney's "Gargoyles", and now does the voice of Patrick Star on "SpongeBob Squarepants." Incidentally, Patrick has got something seriously wrong with him, and I am so glad I grew up with Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street.

Dear Kat,

You should be proud! You went six whole days without a cig! That is still great! :) It is longer than many people would have lasted! I know things not going well makes you need those things. They are primarily stress relief for most people who smoke. Honestly, sometimes I envy smokers, because I cannot smoke for stress relief being asthmatic.

Dear Claire,

The aquarium probably was nice! Sea otters are cute! I have not gotten the chance to see any up close. Maybe someday! The retreat seems to be really fun! I am so happy you are having a good time.

Thank you for the seafood toxin information! I have that link in my favorites now. It is important to know this stuff.

You never know when you will need it. I am trying to minimize the toxins in my system. The seafood from the area you are in now must be pretty healthy from what you said. That is good news their fish are not loaded with toxins!

I try to include everyone. I was surprised not to see Julie on here. She has been on here everyday. I did not see her on here today. That was unusual.

Dear Laura,

Well, what has Happy Spice been doing? Probably all kinds of stuff. What all are you taking now? Are you on Zithromax or something else now? Do they switch you around? I know you kind of have to shake things up with Lyme.

Dear Rachel,

You really have made a remarkable improvement. Your health has come so far in the past year! Everything has to be taken one day at a time! It probably was a combination of things you have done, not just one particular thing by itself that has caused the improvement. Afterall, it took more than one thing to make you so ill.

Yes, you have a bunch of Spice Names! :lol: Scientific Spice particularly fits! Let's not forget your Spiceship Lymerdida Guadalupe! Lisa gave it that name. Wow, you have already worked up to 30 minutes now?

It is great you do not cry hardly anymore. I get so upset sometimes. My depression is from everything feeling so hopeless with everything getting in my way of wellness. If I had money, I would not have to worry. I am so tired of people saying that money is not everything. It is obvious these people have health insurance, can afford food, and anything else they need.

Chi machines sound really neat. They probably help balance everything. I know my chi is probably out of whack. When the body is messed up, the chi can be as well. I thought about checking out some meditation and stuff. I thought maybe learning to align my chakras properly would help.

So the mercury will be addressed soon in your LED treatment? That is good. If I recall correctly, it is going to be the fifth treatment. That is not this coming week though, but the week after? I bet you cannot wait until the sensitivities get reduced.

The freedom that will provide is priceless!

Dear Julie,

I did not see you on here today. I either missed your post, or you were off somewhere. Anyway, I was thinking about what could be your Spice Name. How about Worm Nazi Spice? :lol: The other day, you said you would be like the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld, where you would starve the worms like "No nutrition for you!" :lol:

Sincerely,

Jin

Green12 Enthusiast

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday :)

Carla- I don't know a thing about the mold either, so nothing for me to contribute there, nor with the amoxy. It sounds like you are in good hands with your doctor and you are progressing with all your treatments. I hope your sleep continues to improve and that next week's herx isn't too terribly uncomfortable.

Donna- I'm glad you had such a great massage, not only relaxing but it is also very helpful with lymph drainage and the overall release of toxins :D so two birds with one stone there.

Rachel- I'm glad to hear everything went well. I have to say, from my perspective, it does seem like you have made many improvements with your health. Since I have been gone for 7 or so months and away from the day to day postings I can assess where you were when I left and compare it to where you are now and it really seems like night and day to me. Back then you couldn't take ANY supplements, you couldn't eat hardly anything, you were highly reactive, lots of brain fog and lots of confusion and spinning in circles about what was going on with your body and where you needed to turn for help and solutions. I know you still have many challenges and things to tackle but you have come a very long way since the beginning of the year and with all of the new treatments and protocols you have been doing. You are definitely on the right path and moving forward and progressing :D

Miamia- I think both are beneficial. If money is no object (obviously the chi machine is much more expensive) the chi machine would be a great thing to have. Hope you are feeling a little better :)

Claire- Thanks for the most excellent link, I agree that is one of the most informative guide I have seen regarding this issue. I have been researching the pros and cons of eating fish (since I would like to have more in my diet) but have found it very confusing and contridictory.

Susie- HIIII!! We would like details about this new man in your life. And Rachel? Cute guy details? You both have left us all hanging :lol:

Kassandra- You put a picture up? I guess I haven't been paying attention, I will have to take a peek after I finish this post. I hope you are getting lots of helpful info from all of these knowledgeable folks :)

Jin- I like the sound of Sunshine Spice! Worm Nazzi sounds a little, well Worm Nazzi-ish :o even though it is true I want to have the upperhand with those little suckers and keep them from taking all my nutrition I would rather kill them with kidness, and sunshine, and a spoonful of black walnut and wormwood :lol::lol: Mary Poppins-like, with a smile.

Billy Warlock? Was he Frankie on DOOL and AJ for a time on GH? If so he was the reason i started watching DOOL when I was 15, the Frankie and Jennifer sl. He was also on Baywatch for a time wasn't he? I thought he had been married before to Marci something, the actress who played Eden an SB I think?

Tom- When you said a girl with gluten-free lipstick I couldn't help but imagine our batting eyelash worms with gluten-free lipstick on to complete the look :lol: Sorry, my brain took me to strange places on that one.

Andrea- I'll be thinking of you tomorrow with the kid's treatments and anxiously waiting to hear how it goes :)

Rachel's post actually got me thinking. I would be interested in hearing a report from everyone else, how they are doing at this point (in comparison to the beginning of the year), how they are feeling, what they are currently doing as far as treatments, protocols they are on, what they are eating if any imporvements have been made, etc . Kind of like a third quarter report or review :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel- I'm glad to hear everything went well. I have to say, from my perspective, it does seem like you have made many improvements with your health. Since I have been gone for 7 or so months and away from the day to day postings I can assess where you were when I left and compare it to where you are now and it really seems like night and day to me.

Thanks Julie. :)

It helps me to get feedback from people who are able to see more clearly the changes in me. I just know that I'm still sensitive to alot of things, I know thats its not normal and I know that I wasnt experiencing any of it before I got sick. I tend to just focus on that and keep pushing forward until that gets resolved.

In my mind I'm still sick until its no longer an issue that I have to think about everyday. When I can go about my business never thinking about perfumes and foods...then I will know for sure that I'm better. :)

Its good to know that there have been some positive changes though! I know people at work notice it as well. They are so supportive and so excited about all my treatments and everything else. They worry about what I eat too.....very protective like that. :)

I always tend to say "When I get better" ....alot of times the people at work will say "You are ALREADY getting better!!"

and then I go "I am??" :huh:

It makes me happy but I'm also aware that I still have a long way to go....and I'm ok with that because I definately feel like this is an obtainable thing for me now. :)

I do think that its been the last 6 months that I've really started to move forward....I think I was pretty "stuck" before that. I have a great deal of faith in my Dr.'s which definately makes a difference. I never felt that way before.

Rachel's post actually got me thinking. I would be interested in hearing a report from everyone else, how they are doing at this point (in comparison to the beginning of the year), how they are feeling, what they are currently doing as far as treatments, protocols they are on, what they are eating if any imporvements have been made, etc . Kind of like a third quarter report or review :)

I still post all the details from my Dr. visits, protocols and things like that. Its always changing but I will continue to post all that stuff as I go along. :)

I'm good at posting all that I learn but I guess not so good at accessing any improvements I've made. :rolleyes:

I just get wrapped up in the scientificness and as crazy as it sounds I sometimes forget I'm sick...I look forward to my Dr. visits like I would look forward to something FUN and EXCITING! :blink:

Miamia- I think both are beneficial. If money is no object (obviously the chi machine is much more expensive) the chi machine would be a great thing to have. Hope you are feeling a little better

Oh yeah....when I was on the Chi machine prior to my LED session I did ask the girl if it would be better for me to buy one of my own...or to do a mini trampoline instead. Which is better?

She said they are both equally good....I could just do jumping jacks and that would be just as beneficial. All that I've been doing is jumping up and down on the ground or jumping jacks but sometimes it hurts my head because thats where most of my symptoms are.

She said the only reason a chi machine might be better for some people is if they're unable to jump up and down because of head pains or other reasons...in that case the chi machine is a better choice.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, it does sound like you are doing a lot better. Thanks for taking the time to give us the details. :) I think with all of us, it's not gonna be one thing that did it ... it's all of it together.

I have a friend seeing the same doctor I am, and is on the similar meds. She is not seeing the improvement I am. She is not doing all the stuff I'm doing for detox, etc. To me, that is critical.

Also, she has amalgam fillings. She says the doctor has never said anything about them! It's very odd because they asked me about them the first visit and had me do the urine challenge test back then, too.

So, it is everything ... no one thing is going to make us better because it wasn't one thing that got us sick.

You will see SO much improvement when they work on your gut! I know I have!! I'm taking Uva Ursi, Oregano Oil, and Plant Tannins, along with massive probiotics. Nothing bothers my stomach now, except for the increased dose of Amoxy. (This is part of the update Julie requested).

I'm also doing daily saunas (at least 5 days per week) and daily coffee enemas (every day ... they help a TON!).

I try to get some sunshine ... even if it's just going for a walk. I exercise three or four days per week, weights only on bad days, weights and cardio (30 minutes elliptical, level 2) on good days.

I eat a high-protein, lowish-carb diet. I drink undenatured whey protein.

I'm chelating using Detoxamin, NAC, and Alpha Lipoic Acid.

I take many supplements for detox and immune system. I also take iron, magnesium, and vitamins/minerals. I take essential fatty acids and use a lot of coconut oil.

The rest are meds -- abx, anti-protozoals, Nystatin. I get bloodwork done monthly. If you want the details on this and the dosages, PM me and I'll send it to you. I'm not comfortable putting all that info in one place on the internet.

As far as progress ... I try to remember to mention it here because I like hearing everyone's progress, too. It gives hope!

Last summer I took the kids to get school supplies ... I gave them their lists and sat on the floor in the store while they walked around and got everything. By December, I was doing very poorly, about 15%.

Now, on a good day I'm about 80%. Today I feel "drunk" from all the toxins from the increase in Amoxy ... I need help walking because I'm so dizzy. I feel like my head is full of lead (it actually is, I'm lead toxic :lol: ), so I laid my head on Adam's shoulder all of Mass today ... I looked sick. I haven't had this kind of herx for quite a while. I was disappointed because even my monthly herxes have been so much better and I didn't expect it to be this bad, but I know I'm killing bugs! The pain is less though. Obviously, it's the toxins causing the trouble.

I'm doing much of what I used to be able to do and I usually feel better than I have in years. I haven't taken back on all my tasks at home because it takes so long each day to allow myself to get enough sleep, exercise, take the sauna (one hour) and do the e-coffee. Then I need to grocery shop and prepare meals because with these food restrictions, as you all know, you can't just pull out something already made. There's not time for more. My family is very understanding because they know all the stuff I'm doing is helping me so much.

I've come a LONG way in all respects.

Good idea, Julie, can't wait to hear all the updates. Even though we talk every day, we've never given a synopsis of our progress from last year.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Well today I had what was quite possibly one of the best massages I have ever had. This girl was good.

Wow...you just keep tempting me more and more with the massage posts!! :D

Is this girl at HN or somewhere else??

One of my other doctors asked if my lyme doctor had put me on "x" (sorry can't remember the name) for the mold toxicity. He hadn't, but apparently there IS something they can give you for it. I'll have to ask again when I see this other doctor. I didn't ask any questions about it, so don't know in what instances it would be given...I suspect if my lyme doctor didn't mention it, he thinks I can't handle it right now.

There are things that can be taken to absorb the mold toxins....I dont think there would be any reason you wouldnt be able to handle it as long as you test ok for it. I was tested for various things to address the molds and 3 things that tested well for me were cholestyramine (CSM), Econazole and Yeast/Fungal detox by Transformation Enzymes.

The CSM absorbs molds and other toxins....its one of the "mop up" agents.

There is also Amphotericin B used to treat fungal infections.

You could have Scott test you for these things and then talk to Dr. S about it. I'm not sure how much Dr. S knows about treating the mold problems. I was referred to a couple Dr.'s who specialize in it...but I havent gone that route yet. Since my problem isnt so much a problem with mold in my environment and more to do with mercury...I figure its better for me to go through the detox first.

Anyways heres a link to one of the Dr.'s (Dr. Gordon)....he uses the same approach as Dr. Shoemaker (author of "Mold Warriors").

Open Original Shared Link

Then there is Dr. Marinkovich in Redwood City....he does injections for mold desensitization and that type of thing. He's an immunologist.

Open Original Shared Link

If I ever see one of these Dr.'s it would be Dr. Gordon even though he's not as close. His knowledge doesnt seem to limited to one area (allergies) and he's taking the approach of treating it as a illness caused by the biotoxins produced by molds and not just an allergy.

At this point I dont think it would be necessary for me to see either of them but you never know what could develop later on.

AndreaB Contributor

Hi everyone!

I've been reading along but not really feeling like posting. Know you're all in my thoughts though.

Julie,

I'm not doing any treatments but it seems I'm a little more sensitive to fruits (apple) or cereal (corn flakes). If I eat either on an empty stomach I don't do well. Nothing other than stomach upset though.

I think it's to early to see any changes in the children. Rachel, with your improvements I'm hoping T will change for the better behavior wise. I'm just thinking we're going to run out of money before we can get to anything that will help with her. We won't have much, if anything. left after the next ART/ASYRA on the 5th.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confusedks Enthusiast

NoGluGirl,

Thank you for your kind words about my pic. That pic was taken of me at my birthday dinner in July. I turned 17...so it wasn't my husband. Lol! :P

Kassandra

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Julie heres a rundown of things that have been incorporated into my treatment.

Red = no longer taking/doing

Green = currently taking/doing, etc.

Blue = soon to be added in

This is an article one of my Dr.'s wrote for a presentation she did.

I will also highlight all testing I've done in green. :)

Some of it was done with other Dr.'s. There are also things I've taken which are not listed here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goals for this talk:

Show you some other factors that we have discovered with ART testing that can interfere with your recovery from Lyme

To discuss some non-antibiotic treatment options that can complement your care.

What is ART?

ART is

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Things have not gone well lately. I'm really just treading water right now. I haven't been reading the thread at all. :ph34r:

Awww Kat...sorry to hear things are rough right now. Its ok...we all have those ups and downs. We'll still be here when you feel like posting. :)

So the mercury will be addressed soon in your LED treatment? That is good. If I recall correctly, it is going to be the fifth treatment. That is not this coming week though, but the week after?

Mercury is still 3 weeks away....I've only done 2 treatments so far. Yes...it will be the 5th one. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel how is the hemp seed oil treating you and what type of hairspray does your mom use?

My mothers is killing me.

lisa

Lisa, The hemp oil is ok...I dont use it everyday. I sometimes put it on my potato.

Thanfully my mom does not use hairspray....she's always hated it cuz it sticks on everything. :rolleyes:

Dear Rachel,

I would not mind hearing more about Officer Cutie Pie, either! ;)

:huh:

Ok....who started this rumor?? :lol::lol:

Ummmm...no....the cutie was not an "officer". :P

Kaiser is a complete idiot. I hate those types of doctors! They make mistakes that cannot be fixed easily if at all. Maybe my friend Dollface could take care of him for you. ;)

Do you think Dollface could take on a whole HMO?? :o

Kaiser isnt just *one* idiot....its thousands of them..all in one very large (and crappy) HMO.

Dollface will be VERY busy. :lol:

but not SO far behind that I don't want to hear about Rachel's hottie. :lol:

Hehe....Rachel does not have a hottie....she is not looking for hotties at this time. :P

It was just someone that I met at the store (while I was food shopping)....and who happens to be my mom's neighbor! :o

Yeah on the figs doing the trick. Can i ask are you eating dried figs or fresh figs?Which kind?

I'm eating different kinds of figs. Fresh figs (probably a better choice as far as candida), dried black mission figs (sun-dried and unsulfured), dried calmyrna figs and white figs. All from Whole Foods and all organic. :)

I hope everything goes well for you on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll be thinking about you. I'm sure the colonics will help you alot. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

My LED session went very quickly this week....she wasnt having to explain everything as she went through the process....which really only takes 5-10 minutes (after first spending 10 minutes on the chi machine).

First she tested me to see if I cleared the sulfa treatment. My arm was not testing at full strength...at one point she was scared it didnt clear because my arm dropped about half-way. She then had me resisting and retested it. My arm had gotten lazy that one time (I wasnt really resisting very strongly) so once I got re-focused I did not test as weakly.

Still, she said that my arm was not as strong as it could be...I'm still a little weak to sulfa. :(

It was nothing like before...where my arm had no strength at all...but she said it could still be better. She said my body could still be detoxing it.

It seems like sulfa treatment is pretty hard on most people. She said when she had hers she felt like crap all week. I think I was much more tired that whole week...going to bed early every night. :huh:

This last LED didnt make me as tired. I slept a good amount and took a nap for a few hours yesterday but I didnt feel quite as wiped out. I did wake up feeling nauseus....same as after the sulfa treatment.

I had to take more of the toxin binder for this treatment. A total of 6 this time...compared to only 2 last time.

She was talking to me about my body being cold and how it helps the infections if I dont get things circulating...also if my thyroid meds arent working as they should.

Same stuff Dr. S has talked to me about....never letting myself get cold.

I was suppossed to take my basal temp. everyday for a week so they could check my thyroid function...I forgot about it though. :ph34r:

I gotta do that this week so they can get an idea.

This Dr. is very knowledgeable about thyroid. At my first visit he had said that the reason he got involved in all of this (the detox stuff) is because when he treated some people for their thyroid they had dramatic improvement....but other people would have the opposite results...and get even worse!

He didnt understand it at the time but eventually it led him to everything he's doing now.

I asked her how long people are doing treatments before they're usually getting better...approximately. She said it totally varies. Right now I'm at the bottom...with the infections and the toxins on top...they will bring me up so that there is a balance. Then they will bring me up to a higher level so that everything else is way down at the bottom and my immune system is strong and suppressing everything else.

Basically the complete opposite of where I'm at now.

She said it could be anywhere from 4 months to 12 months...no way to tell how well my body will respond and how fast it will heal.

I told her about my parasite cleansing diet....she said they're gonna be putting me on a protocol for that anyway. She said they're just trying to do some detox first because my body wasnt ready for the parasite treatment yet.

Andrea.... she said that I didnt have to avoid the foods for 52 hours!! She said it was only 2 hours before and 25 hours after. :rolleyes:

I told her it said 52 hours on the paper....she said that if I were *only* getting treated for foods for that session then yeah...it would be 52 hours. She said food is not one of my main issues...and if it were it would be treated by itself. They only included the foods in my sessions to try to desensitize them but they are not a major part of my treatment.

She said they're just seondary issues for me but for some people the foods are showing up as primary stressors. She said that not only do they have those people avoid the foods for 52 hours before....but also 72 hours after! :blink:

I also asked her about what happens after my 5 LED's.....do I get retested and have more LED's??

She said I'll start my protocols for the infections and he'll retest me...but what I'm being treated for NOW are the major issues. Whatever shows up next will be minor issues and it didnt sound like they'll continue with LED's for things which are not major stressors on my body.

It sounds like they're just gonna focus on the most significant problems...the infections, mercury, deficiencies, etc.

Oh...my session was also for 12 foods...but on my paper it only listed a group of 10 foods!! So two were missing and I'm not even sure which foods they were!!

Andrea....I think what happened was she gave me an old list...and there have been updates since then. I told her that 20 foods was not on my paperwork for some reason. She printed me the list and it was the same but with additional things....the stuff that you had listed. This one said "Aspergillus all species" my previous list just said "Aspergillus Niger". :rolleyes:

I needed to get additional magnesium and Vitamin C since I ran out. I told her my Vit. C didnt do anything as far as moving my bowels. She gave me a bottle of some Vitamin C that I didnt test well for (both times they tested me). I told her that I was on a different one...she said "Oh yeah...thats right...you couldnt tolerate this one."

I asked her if the one I've been taking is less effective?? She said its an unbuffered one and they really like the one that I dont test well for because it has added benefits. She said she could test me again and this time when she tested me my arm was totally strong for it! :D

She said that maybe it was blocked by sulfa because it tends to block so many things in the body. Anyways now I'm on the good stuff and so far I'm totally fine with it. :)

I think thats about it for my treatment. I was in and out in about 30 minutes time. :)

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea.... she said that I didnt have to avoid the foods for 52 hours!! She said it was only 2 hours before and 25 hours after. :rolleyes:

I told her it said 52 hours on the paper....she said that if I were *only* getting treated for foods for that session then yeah...it would be 52 hours. She said food is not one of my main issues...and if it were it would be treated by itself. They only included the foods in my sessions to try to desensitize them but they are not a major part of my treatment.

She said they're just seondary issues for me but for some people the foods are showing up as primary stressors. She said that not only do they have those people avoid the foods for 52 hours before....but also 72 hours after! :blink:

I had better ask Dr. E about this if I don't forget. The things the children are being treated for as far as foods are compounds of the foods and they came up in this first testing so I assume they are among the primary group.

That would mean they'd have to avoid pretty much everything but greens, turkey and some seasonings. One or two fruits may be ok, but they are questionable so I'll have to ask. That would be 7 days of a very limited diet for everyone. :o

CarlaB Enthusiast
People who become symptomatic with Lyme disease have a high toxic load, such as:

Lyme neurotoxins and co-infections (Borrelia, Bartonella, Babesia, Mycoplasma, Ehrlichia, Rickettsia, Chlamydia)

Heavy metals

emotional burden

Toxic scars (especially if developed just before the onset of illness, if it is a scar that goes straight across the abdomen or if it is near the area of most symptoms)

Pthalates or other environmental toxins

High microbial load (molds, parasites, viruses)

Food allergies, increased intestinal permeability and decreased nutrient absorption

This is why it often takes more than just a targeted Lyme medication to get well

Would this be a scar from an injury? This is interesting. I know it's been mentioned here before, but it just dawned on my that it's usually my left knee that hurts when I get joint pain, and I have a scar on the backside of my leg behind my knee from a broken Coke bottle from when I was a kid. I got three stitches, they left them in too long, so there are canals (can't think of another word for them) where the stiches were. They fill up with gunk and I have to clean them out (like popping a pimple).

Treating Fungal Issues

Diflucan (Fluconazole) for 1-3 months continuous (this also helps to address the Lyme issue)- it is also inexpensive now

Nystatin for 1-3 months or longer

Amphotericin B (250mg BID oral dosing for 6 weeks)

Yeast/Fungal Defense by Transformation Enzymes

Candicid Forte

Probiotics (like Klaire Therbiotic Complete, Metagenics Ultra Flora Plus or BioImmersion Beta Glucan probiotic to stimulate gut immunity)

KMT program #6

Uva ursi or Pau D'Arco

Saccharomyces

Grapefruit Seed Extract- (hint: it hides best in grapefruit juice)

Colloidal Silver

Order mold test plates for the home Open Original Shared Link

I'm taking the ones that I made bold. It's both to prevent yeast problems, and the Uva Ursi was to help kill the bad bacteria in my gut (Klebsiella and Citrobacter)

Toxin Binders to help when Herxing:

Cholestyramine

This is the one I use ... forgot to mention it earlier.

The LED stuff is interesting ... I just don't have anything to say. :)

Kat, I hope things look up for you soon ... and that you can give quitting smoking another try.

Kassandra, beautiful picture. I have a 17 year old son ... ;):lol:

We took the kids to see Stardust ... do you remember a month or two ago when the theater had technical problems that delayed the movie and we got free tickets for the next time we went? Well, it was a different theater, and it happened again! :D The movie was good.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I had better ask Dr. E about this if I don't forget. The things the children are being treated for as far as foods are compounds of the foods and they came up in this first testing so I assume they are among the primary group.

My Dr. isnt testing for everything that is looked for in Asyra. He tested for phenols but not every compound found in foods. I was reactive to all the phenols and all the foods...especially the 7 that they told me to avoid....but they said they are definately secondary issues which are only caused by everything else going on. It makes perfect sense to me since I had no problems with foods for 31 years.

I think if I got tested with Asyra a million things would show up...like with BioSET.....it could go on forever for me. :( I dont know if Asyra just picks everything up...like with BioSET.... or is it able to tell how much these things are actually weakening you??

With the muscle testing....some of the things I'm mildly weak to...and then other things I'm EXTREMELY weak to. The 7 foods I was told to avoid were the ones that came up as the worst for me.

With BioSET *everything* came up for me....but it wasnt actually able to prioritize anything the way the other tests have.

I would have to assume that if I did Asyra every food and compound would come up.....but they would still be secondary issues for me. Asyra picks up so many things in the first round....I dont think they could possibly ALL be primary issues. I dont even have that many primary issues and the children are doing much better than I am (thankfully) :)

I think the way my Dr. is doing it is a little different. He's not gonna treat everything that my body is reactive to.....just the major things which are burdening my immune system and causing autoimmune stuff so I think he would be going about it differently than Dr. E.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Oh yeah....she said that the people who have foods as the primary issue have these foods severely affecting their behavior and causing all kinds of distress in their bodies. She said the phenols especially make them go crazy....it happens with the autistic kids but she said it happens in some adults too. I think all of us here have foods as secondary issues.

It seems like every person doing LED gets treated for foods regardless.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

:o:o

I never determined the meaning of "Thio".....which happens to be included in my 5th LED (with mercury).

Looking back over Amy's presentation....here it is.

The 7 Factors of Illness

(these often

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Dr. Klinghardt speaking about Thioethers while he demonstrates how he finds the toxin with ART...this was posted on LymeNET from a Dr. K seminar for ART.

"Thioethers are toxic substances, usually created in the teeth, but also in other areas of the body that are dying, when you have a tumor or chronic infection. They are highly carcinogenic, they keep the immune system very very busy, and they are not acceptable.

There is a universal antidote for the thioethers that prevent them from attaching in the body. Thioethers are sulfur compounds and they have to compete in the body with other sulfurs. They attach only where the body needs sulfur. So if it can

AndreaB Contributor

I've been telling hubby lately that maybe I should cancel getting the root canal tooth pulled to we'll have money for 2-3 more treatments. With what you just posted I think I'll keep the appointment to get the tooth pulled. :blink:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I've been telling hubby lately that maybe I should cancel getting the root canal tooth pulled to we'll have money for 2-3 more treatments. With what you just posted I think I'll keep the appointment to get the tooth pulled. :blink:

All I know is that with everything I've read about the root canals I'm pretty darned thankful I made the decision to pull that tooth. Who knows where I'd be right now had I not done it. :blink:

I've read enough to convince me those toxins can cause some serious damage.....and mix that with mercury and you've got one really toxic body. The scariest thing is that all this can happen....it can cause major systemic illness or whatever...and you may never feel a thing going on in your mouth.

Its insidiously silent. I've read amazing stories of people removing these toxic root canals and then completely recovering from all sorts of severe illnesses.

There were those studies where they took out the toxic root canal...put it under the skin of rabbits and the rabbits would get the same organ disease that the human who had that root canal got. Sometimes the rabbits died within days.

There was a guy on LymeNET who decided to get his removed....he sent it to the lab and the toxicology report on this root canal was unbelievable! His enzymes were nearly shut down because of the root canal. It was EXTREMELY toxic. :o

I found out Amy hasnt tested me. Scott said I could take MSM (mentioned in my previous post) for the thioethers. He said he took it so I assume this showed up for him at some point.

I gotta call Amy and ask her to bring the testers for these...he said she doesnt usually travel with them. He said she can look for cavitations and those things with ART.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Andrea....they can test the tooth with ART....but it might be cheaper to just pull it and be done with it.

Heres some different quotes about root canals...I posted these earlier today.

Until recently there was no scientific way of measuring the toxicity of these teeth but now using photoaffinity labelling, researchers are able to test the toxins from teeth against metabolically important enzymes such as pyruvate kinase, creatinine kinase and the results are disturbing.

Of 40 root treated teeth tested 25% showed no toxins. 50% showed a toxicity as great as hydrogen sulfide and most worryingly 25% were more toxic than hydrogen sulfide. Research is now looking at what these compounds could be and how we can test for them in the mouth rather than once a tooth has been extracted.

This is what the guy on LymeNET apparantly had done. They test the tooth against (I think) 6 very important enzymes. His enzyme function was almost completely lost.

No one can say for certain if a particular root treated tooth is causing you a specific health problem though there are several ways of confirming suspicions.

Kinesiology is one therapy where you can localise a problem tooth to see whether it affects overall body strength. If you then hold a homoeopathic remedy for necrotic pulp and the strength returns then there is a good chance that this tooth is affecting health.

The use of Vega machine and more sophisticated systems such as the Accupro and the Listen system can on an energetic level determine if individual teeth are stressing that particular person and which tissue or area is being affected.

Health problems contributed to significantly by toxic bacteria from root canals and cavitations may be an even more hazardous and widespread problem than mercury toxicity from amalgam fillings.

Root canals often do not steralize the tooth no matter how well the root canal procedure is done. Bacteria in the canals mutate and begin to produce toxins. There has been preliminary research (not yet published) which has found toxins harbored by root canals. These toxins get into the bloodstream and in some cases can contribute significantly to the development of serious degenerative diseases.

root canal infections do put stress on the immune system and the toxins produced can overwhelm the body's defenses in cases of weakened immune systems or other health problems.

There are a growing number of people experiencing health transformations including healing serious illnesses after pulling root canals that are harboring toxin-producing bacteria.

Dentistry is now investigating the links between root fillings, dead teeth and systemic health problems. This issue will be as controversial as the mercury amalgam issue and has the potential to reshape dental care into the next century.

Back in the 1920s a famous dental researcher Dr Weston Price also had doubts about root filled teeth. He observed that when root filled teeth were taken out using correct techniques then a variety of health problems improved, from arthritis to kidney problems and other degenerative diseases. This was done with hundreds of patients.

He went a step further by implanting these root filled teeth under the skin of rabbits and he observed that the rabbits then developed the same symptoms which the human patient had suffered from. He ground up these teeth and found that even the liquid filtered from these teeth brought about the same illnesses and diseases, often killing the rabbits within days. Filtrate from human non-root filled teeth had no harmful effects.

tom Contributor
I did some research on our little buddy Mr. Lizard. It turns out, he is a Six-Lined Racerunner.

Oh you gotta build a tiny racetrack then!!

Dear tom,

I know there is a Celiac meeting somewhere around here. I looked it up before. I do not know whether they will be in the phone book or not, but I am sure I will find it online. There is bound to be something. I know there are other Celiacs.

It's nice to talk to people and know they'll never say, "oh yaaaaaaaa, my cousin has a wheat allergy too!"

Don't worry, you will find that gluten-free girlfriend with gluten-free lipstick! You cannot pursue love and it come. It comes when you least expect it. My best friend was looking too hard. She gave up. Right after that, she met the guy she is going to marry!

Raise your hand if you think I'm looking to get married . . . . . . . .none? . . . . . . .good. Gotta crawl before you can walk again. G F lips and a fun brain are all I'm askin for.

I told you, Dollface always gets her target! She is not someone that get mad, she gets even. I had a feeling C. Spice got it! I had heard he had not been seen or heard from in a while. They can run, but they cannot hide from Dollface!

Yeah, c.spice may be a goner. I wonder if his imprisoned cousins know. 2 get parole soon. . . . .

Rachel- I'm glad to hear everything went well. I have to say, from my perspective, it does seem like you have made many improvements with your health. Since I have been gone for 7 or so months and away from the day to day postings I can assess where you were when I left and compare it to where you are now and it really seems like night and day to me. . . . .

. . . . . You are definitely on the right path and moving forward and progressing :D

That is a unique perspective - FlashFwd 7 mos.

If I were here 7 mos ago, I'd say "The line starts *HERE*!" !! <me next! menext!>

Claire- Thanks for the most excellent link, I agree that is one of the most informative guide I have seen regarding this issue. I have been researching the pros and cons of eating fish (since I would like to have more in my diet) but have found it very confusing and contridictory.

Considering how irrational I can get about gluten, I can understand ppl not wanting *any* fish. Still, I think there are safe ones, and I'm eatin' 'em!!

Jin- I like the sound of Sunshine Spice! Worm Nazzi sounds a little, well Worm Nazzi-ish :o

:o No kiddin!!! That's the easiest decision since pointing toward the Shinola! :P Tho I could see Worm Nazi as a 'business card subtitle' for the newly elected Head of Parasite Police. Didn't I hear the gals talking about that new Police annex and the shirtless construction workers that built it? :lol::D

. . . ..and a spoonful of black walnut and wormwood :lol::lol: Mary Poppins-like, with a smile.

:lol:

Tom- When you said a girl with gluten-free lipstick I couldn't help but imagine our batting eyelash worms with gluten-free lipstick on to complete the look :lol: Sorry, my brain took me to strange places on that one.

Y'all got some sophisticated parasites 'round these parts . .. .

(And gitchur eyelash-battin' worm-gloss brain over to the sillythread!!)

Rachel's post actually got me thinking. I would be interested in hearing a report from everyone else, how they are doing at this point (in comparison to the beginning of the year), how they are feeling, what they are currently doing as far as treatments, protocols they are on, what they are eating if any improvements have been made, etc . Kind of like a third quarter report or review :)

Well, I wasn't here until the symptoms were just about gone, but I did still have my jan26-feb24 food/symptom diary.

What I found was:

C more of the time than not, much much fatigue (CFS?), hdache every day, back & neck problems, more C, joint pain, occasional gut pain or rumbles, trouble understanding sentences. C again. <oops nope!>, insomnia, high chemical sensitivity, Sometimes I needed to go to a store but wasn't up to it. Couldn't make an old friend's funeral, and that's so wrong. :(

1st Redbridge Fri Feb16. No soy dessert or soymilk on beer nights. Wondered how something fermented, which should be bad, can make for a better 'day after'. Finally(!) connected it to soy and quit soy ~2 days before I bumped into R'ville.

Strange timing, to be sure.

AndreaB Contributor
He said she can look for cavitations and those things with ART.

I'll have to keep this in mind for next year. I'm planning on a session of ART/ASYRA before starting the removal process so I can see what detox support works for me and get the sulfa group cleared.

Thanks for posting the stuff about the canals. :)

diamondheart Newbie
I was able to hold off on cigs for about 6 days, but I'm smoking again.

Things have not gone well lately. I'm really just treading water right now. I haven't been reading the thread at all. :ph34r:

Hi Kat, Sorry to hear about your challenges lately :( . Sometimes it's one step forward and two steps back. I think Tom could be a support for you on this one! You are not alone ;) !

The retreat seems to be really fun! I am so happy you are having a good time.

Hmmm, fun is not quite the word I would use for the retreat <_< . It's kinda like detox for the soul. You get to look at all these really painful issues in a supportive environment and work with them. It's like the LED or BioSET treatments where it's like peeling back layers of an onion. We work on issues that are universal to everyone, so you don't have to have some big trauma to do this kind of work. However, we have had more free time during this retreat than usual. I think it's on purpose because we're supposed to be learning how to live in the world without losing ourselves.

DH and I went to Big Sur today. I never get tired of that drive down there. I decided to try a new state park to visit south of Big Sur. On the way, we saw 4 California condors!!! We were driving around a bend, and there were all these cars slowing down and people on the side of the road looking up. I said, they must see something. Just then, I looked up and saw a HUGE bird soaring. Even though I've never seen a condor in the wild, which would be pretty dang rare since there aren't many of them, I knew what it was immediately.

But wouldn't you know it, we didn't see any sea otters at the Big Sur beach :( . I said to DH, I guess you don't get condors (an endangered species) and sea otters (a threatened species) in the same trip :rolleyes: .

As much as I love the California coast, sea otters, Monterey cypress trees, and redwood trees, my heart belongs to Colorado! I love my mountains there, the smell of the pine forests. It's weird, but redwood forests don't have any smell :huh: .

Claire

AndreaB Contributor

Claire,

That's wonderful that you are getting to see so many things on your retreat.

There is no place like home though, is there?

Archived