This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
Andrea....heres the difference between IgG and IgM antibodies: "In general, IgM antibodies indicate acute or recent infection. The appear early during the course of the infection and then disappear. IgG antibodies appear later and last longer, so they indicate past infection."

I remember reading at one point that the reason the IGM Western Blot is often positive in lyme tests for patients who have had lyme for months or years is due to the constantly changing form every 21 days or however long the "lyme cycle" is... so essentially, a person is constantly being reinfected with a "new" infection, and that's why many people are negative on the IGG and positive on the IGM, such as it was with my test results...

It may not be that we're too gabby, it may be that not all our stuff is about leaky gut. Scott asked me months ago to start a Lyme thread and put it in the "related disorders room." I finally felt good enough to do it, but it was moved to the gab room ... then back to related disorders ... then back to gab. Technically, it's not related to celiac, yet at the same time, it's not really gab either. That may be what's happening to us ... it may not be our chattiness at all.

lyme may not be related to celiac in that there have been no studies or research indicating an increased likelihood of incidence of lyme in patients with celiac... and naturally, being a celiac wouldn't make one more predisposed to getting bit by a tick though it could play a part in determining how the infection would affect the person...

but I think the lyme thread should be in that sub-forum and belongs there as much as many threads I've seen there in the past... I think it would aid people more being in that sub-forum for those who have looked into or are looking into a gluten intolerance but feel there is more going on with their body... that sub-forum was one of the few I checked last year when trying to figure things out...

I understand not wanting to give the impression that there is research indicating a link between lyme disease and celiac, but I'm pretty sure a number of threads in that sub-forum are on health topics just as unrelated... I also think it's more serious and health-related for that matter than a thread should be for the gab forum... who knows, maybe there isn't really a good sub-forum for it, which is why it's been moved a few times...

I have found lots of sources that report "gorging", or overeating binges, can be a direct result of dysbiosis, where chronic candida infections, other anemia, fungis, parasites, etc. are present in the body.

what about a binge that's lasted, I don't know, years.... I don't overeat in individual meals (though I could easily go through a bag of potato chips if I knew it wouldn't be bad for me), but I eat a ridiculous amount per day, especially for a skinny cat like myself..

I'm now (and have been for months, increased since my mostly strict candida diet began early in the year) eating 7 meals per day and start crashing within 2 hrs if I don't eat again... later in the day I can push it a bit more but I'm still crashing way too frequently for eating as much as I do... I eat about 3 pounds of meat and a big bag of vegetables per day... meat and green veggies are pretty much all I eat, though on days when I eat potato chips or cashews, I don't eat less of my regular food...

when I was at my last LLMD appt, my dr. brought up parasites as a possibility for my extreme hypoglycemia and need to eat so frequently... she mentioned this in regards to the computerized muscle testing she wanted me to get done so I'll see what happens with that whenever I get the testing done...

Also, those of you who exercise do you find it is a totally different ballgame when chronic illness is present?

I've always been into b-ball, used to play a couple hours per day every day in high school... the past couple summers before this, it became harder and harder to play, and I stopped playing early in the 2005 summer due to lower back pain... don't think I played again that whole summer and last summer, I was way too fatigued, weak, out of it, and bothered by leg pain to play at all...

in January, I was able to start going to the gym again a couple times a week... started out slow with cardio for a month and a half and then added in lifting... I've been able to play ball again this summer and have been running full court for a couple hours one night each week since March... I still feel it the next day just about every time though it varies as to how much it affects me...

I still go to the gym, typically one day per week in addition to balling... I do both cardio and lifting when I go though not too extensive for either... I do the cardio after lifting as I feel it helps me feel better as a result... when I just lifted on certain days earlier this year, I felt a little off afterwards and speculated that there might have been an effect on my muscles and body that was causing some toxins and whatnot to be released...

I also read something about tumors and physical therapy/massage that jived with that and from talking to a few people, that seemed like a legit possibility... so now I always do at least a little bit of cardio afterwards to help clear these toxins out of my body...

Anybody do any foot soaks to draw out the toxins, skin brushing, castor oil packs, etc?

I use footpads maybe a couple nights per week for the past month or 2... don't know if there really making me feel any different but there's certainly something being drawn out... and it appears that there's no longer as much being drawn out of my left foot as there used to be so that could indicate something...

by the way, welcome back though I never really posted in this thread when you were here... not like I'm exactly posting much nowadays anyway... I remember you answering a number of random questions I had in different threads and that you had a lot of knowledge on things I was looking into at the time... unfortunately, I now have a little too much knowledge on some of these things too, not sure if that's really a good thing :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
I had SEVERE stomach distress today after eating some pre-packaged rice noodles that came like Ramen with a seasoning packet. They were gluten-free, but bothered me, BAD.

My guess would be MSG.

The ramen-type noodles have those little seasoning packets which are usually loaded with MSG. The soups and ramen noodles are a couple of the things which have the highest amounts of MSG in them.

Green12 Enthusiast

How you doing Rachel?? Noticing any adverse symptoms? I've been thinking about you, hoping the gluten didn't cause you any problems. The last time I ate some, a few months ago at a very high stress time, I got major neurological stuff going on :(

Thanks for the link, I LOVED the detox info, a lot of the things I have done before that I want to reintroduce so it's great to get a refresher. The whole site I just got lost in for about an hour or so, total scientificness and fascinationess :D:D

Is this the Chi Machine you are using? This is the company that I have mine from:

Open Original Shared Link

I also have the CHIonizer which is handy for airplane flights or traveling long distances in the car, or any situation where the toxic exposure is high.

Hi Clark Bent, you are so sweet. Thanks for the welcome back. I think I recall some of those threads, the hpoglycemia ones or blood sugar topics? I'm glad to hear you have found some answers for yourself and you are are on your road to wellness.

From what I understand the binge behavior is really the pathogens need to feed, not necessarily ours...but I am sure there are other explanations as well. I don't know if in your case you just aren't burning everything you eat. When I did low carb to no carb I burned everything off and was experiencing muscle wasting.

Thanks for your perspective on the exercise issue as well. Thanks Donna and Carla too for all your input :)

I just had to allow myself to rest today and be ok with that. It might just take me longer to achieve the level of fitness I want to achieve, and if I get too fatigued I'll just slow it down and take breaks.

I love the skin brushing, I do it before every shower. It really sloughs off the dead skin layers and promotes blood flow and improves circulation, and it's good for the lymph!!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
It may not be that we're too gabby, it may be that not all our stuff is about leaky gut. Scott asked me months ago to start a Lyme thread and put it in the "related disorders room." I finally felt good enough to do it, but it was moved to the gab room ... then back to related disorders ... then back to gab. Technically, it's not related to celiac, yet at the same time, it's not really gab either. That may be what's happening to us ... it may not be our chattiness at all.

I think its more along the lines of things which have been previously mentioned and discussed....the length of the thread....the impression that a thread this long is not as helpful as having all these topics in seperate threads, etc.

I dont think the people who have benefited from the info. here would have aquired the same amount of knowledge had the info. been seperated in individual threads. Mainly because none of the people here had ever thought that these issues pertained to them. I dont think they would have taken the time to look into those threads....had they been made available.

I also know that I personally would not have the time/energy to post or keep up with seperate topics which are all related anyway. I dont think any one of us could take pieces of info. from a bunch of threads and connect the dots the way it has happened here.

Even though I think all of these topics are important...they do not equal wellness all by themselves. You have to put them all together in order to make sense of it and to really understand what it takes to overcome it.

Carla,

In my opinion it is all about leaky gut. Thats why the majority of us ended up in this thread....even before the Leaky Gut forum was created. It all comes from the fact that we all had that one thing in common...multiple food intolerances.

So yeah....everything stemmed from that. In the beginning there was more talk relating to the food intolerances and over time as we learned more about the *causes* of leaky gut our discussions evolved as we investigated each of these things. I dont think you were posting here during that time but thats how it started.

Nearly every person who came into this thread looking for answers came in here because of the food intolerances/leaky gut. Its really the reason we all ended up here and its the one thing that we all had in common.

It truelly is the foundation of this thread.

The amount of foods most of us have had to restrict from our diets and the impact that has had on our everyday lives is difficult for anyone *not* in this situation to ever comprehend. The fact that we could all relate to one other regarding this drastic change in lifestyle is what brought us together in the first place. It was an understanding and a feeling that we were no longer alone in this fight.

This thread would not exist had it not been for us coming together and trying to put together the pieces...so that we may one day resume our lives the way they once were and the way they were meant to be.

These are not all "seperate" issues here.....they are all related and they have everything to do with the leaky gut and the resulting food intolerances we've all had the misfortune of experiencing.

Had we continued to talk about *just* the leaky gut...or *just* the foods that we cannot indulge in.....we would not be here today. Luckily we took things furthur than that and tried to get a better understanding of how this could possibly happen.

I know I'm in a much better place than I was on April 18th of last year...when I started this topic thinking that I might be intolerant to corn....and maybe I could eat dairy again!! :rolleyes:

If it werent for the desire to get to the root of things and if not for the natural progression of this thread...I dont know that it would have been possible for alot of us to be where we are now. Even if we still have a long way to go....*knowing* what we're up against is (I think) the biggest challenge of all.

For alot of us that battle has been won...and now we are on to the next phase but it still began with the common link that we all shared...which was the leaky gut/food intolerances.

Anyone who may benefit from this thread in the future....will most likely do so because...like us....they have many food intolerances and a strong desire to overcome it.

Lyme is one of the things that we learned about here....and its one of many things that alot of us have in common. Its not the thing that brought us here though. Had the thread been titled "Lyme Disease" or any other single topic we've discussed here....most of us would have never met.

Those people who responded to my original post and who continued to post in this thread did so because they understood what I was going through. I think its still the foundation of this thread.

People who come into this thread now...come in here for the same reason Julie, Donna and so many others did over a year ago....bacause they can relate. They cant possibly relate to Lyme Disease or Mercury Toxicity or Candida or Parasites or Mold or Neurotoxins or anything else which they havent yet learned about. We can only relate to the things that we're *aware* of.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
How you doing Rachel?? Noticing any adverse symptoms?

Julie,

I've been totally fine today...no lingering symptoms. :)

I learned alot from my experience yesterday....I never felt any guilt about it or anything like that.

I dont get down on myself because everything I've learned about my own body has come from my experiences with testing different things. Sometimes its intentional....sometimes not but I always learn from it.

I've come to a point where I'm pretty aware of how my body reacts to things, how long it takes to recover, which things I REALLY need to avoid, etc.

Of course it was a little different experimenting with gluten but I cant learn anything if I never test my body's response to things. :)

I dont do things I'm not comfortable with...so yesterday I had to of been *somewhat* ready to test myself with those foods. From the moment I took the first bite until the time I went to bed I was pretty much making note of everything I was feeling. I was glad to be able to discuss it at my appt. last night. :)

I posted about this and also responded to alot of posts during my lunch break today. I ended up losing the entire post on my last sentence. :(

When I have time I'll still post about my experience yesterday.....and what I learned from it. :)

I also responded to your question about the Citricidal. I'll repost about it tomorrow. :)

About the Chi machine....it actually looks completely different from what you posted. The Chi machine they put you on before LED treatments is something that your ankles rest on. You lie down with your ankles resting on the Chi Machine and it basically moves back and forth shaking your body and getting the blood circulating.

Heres exactly what it looks like. I believe the one my Dr. has is the "Chi Vitalizer".

AndreaB Contributor
I just had to allow myself to rest today and be ok with that. It might just take me longer to achieve the level of fitness I want to achieve, and if I get too fatigued I'll just slow it down and take breaks.

I agree you need to rest when your body calls for it. The fitness level will come with time. :)

I dont think the people who have benefited from the info. here would have aquired the same amount of knowledge had the info. been seperated in individual threads. Mainly because none of the people here had ever thought that these issues pertained to them. I dont think they would have taken the time to look into those threads....had they been made available.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have. I don't remember why I jumped in here last May but it may have been the dairy.

Sorry you lost your post......especially when you put so much time into them. :(

Which LED do you have on Friday? This week seems like it's been going slow.....feels like it should be Friday tomorrow. :huh:

AndreaB Contributor
Heres exactly what it looks like. I believe the one my Dr. has is the "Chi Vitalizer".

Yep, Dr. E uses the Chi Super Deluxe Evergain or something very similar to it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

Exercise is something I should do more of. I do a lot of housework. That does count. However, it is not the kind of workout I need to be in better shape. I also need to kill buggers! :) Mom wants me to start walking with her, because she needs to lose some weight.

I am sorry to hear your sleep problems are causing trouble again. I bet it those people that drain you are responsible.

Quartz chrystals are easy to get a hold of. If you go to Isis Books and Gifts online. Just Google it, it will pop right up!

They sell the clear quartz chrystals for $3 a piece! You can also buy other gemstones. If you want one you can wear, The Pyramid Collection has some nice ones! They are not always very inexpensive, though. I think to work best it should be up against your skin, though.

Dear Julie,

The Atkins Diet was something I was never in favor of. I know you mostly lose muscle and not fat from them. You also have to increase your fluid intake, because high protein diets can dehydrate you. It takes more water to digest them.

I have seen reports recently on people being encouraged to drink extra water when they consume protein bars.

I feel the same way you do about the Thread! I have not been here as long as some of you, but I feel we share a lot of great health information. Most of what we discuss has to do with Leaky-Gut! I do not know why we cannot stay where we are! Rachelville is easily accessible to everyone here!

That chi machine is neat! I wish I could afford one! They are not as expensive as I expected! Maybe one day I can have one! I did not even know there were portable ones!

"Tastebud Adventures with NoGluGirl" is certainly going to include alternatives for people with multiple allergens. I am open to suggestions. That is where I could use others' input. Dad said he could shoot it. He is a good cameraman! The trouble is finding time for him to do it.

Something else is, I cannot film it in our kitchen. It is a mess! The carpet needs replaced, and there is nowhere to put anything. I am going to ask my grandparents if they will allow me to borrow their kitchen for a short while. I also will include health tips and organizing and craft projects!

I have not heard of Citricidal. I saw a movie called "Insecticidal". It was about killer bugs. That was scary! I do not like them! I only saw a few minutes, because I could not watch the whole thing. Maybe it will be on again.

Dear tom,

Well, you will be happy to know I actually was talking to someone else with Candida. She says she knows an RN that can help me! So, she is going to give me some info! :) Janet is on the forum as well. I explained my situation, and she said that Candida could be making me feel so awful. However, I told her the Lyme is also a good possibility, but I know they often accompany each other.

Dear Andrea,

That is so wonderful you can help this lady! She probably will feel much better soon! Her son is going to get well now.

I bet she will think you are an angel after this! It is very sweet of you to let her tag along on one of your appointments.

Dear Rachel,

Your chi machine is not nearly as large as I expected! :o The price is pretty good, too! Who knew? I am going to add one of these to my wish list. That is, my when I get rich list. I heard if you write down everything on a piece of paper and in blue ink, your wishes begin to come true! It is worth a shot!

I agree that our thread does well in keeping things light-hearted, while being informative. I see no reason we should be moved anywhere. This is our home! Many people have sought help here, and all of our issues do have to do with Leaky-Gut one way or another. Parasites, fungi, Lyme, Celiac, Mercury poisoning, and everything else can cause this condition, or be irritated by it.

Thank you for the detox link. Those are always good to have on hand! You never know when you will need the information. I have a trillion favorites now! :lol: I hope my computer has tons of memory!

The antibody information is really fascinating! I had no idea what the difference was. I wondered about that. It is almost like you were reading our minds! Antibodies appear to have different purposes.

Dear Charlie,

Wow, I never knew that about the antibodies! It makes plenty of sense. So, the IgM antibodies are normally high when the disease has been present a while. Lyme does not always show up in chronic cases in the IgG antibodies, due to there not being old forms of Lyme. The IgM reaction develops as a result of the Lyme cycle regenerating and mutating. No wonder it is difficult to diagnose!

I have low blood glucose as well. I could not go low-carb because of it. I began shaking and sweating, and my heart was pounding. It was unbearable! No more of that! I know Candida tends to cause this in a lot of people.

Have you ever had your Candida antibodies measured? I was wondering, because Rachel had hers done. That might give you an idea of how bad it is. I know I am loaded. I am sure I am a walking fungus.

Parasites would make sense about the cravings. I get them as well. I can eat a candy bar every day, and not gain weight like a lot of other people would. I do make an effort to move around, though. I am hyper, so sitting still is not easy for me anyway. Candida is a possibility, since it is a parasite technically.

I hope the thread stays put. We do not stray off of topic for long usually. I do not think we fit into the Gab section at all. It is about scientificnes and the various causes and effects of Leaky-Gut. Most of what we talk about is linked to it somehow.

Let us know when you get some testing done. We will be anxious to hear the results! Are you going to do ART? Or, is it BioSet you will use? I think those could open up some doors for you.

Dear Carla,

I already spoke to the hairdresser about that. It would be an extensive process. To be honest, I am not up for it. The black fits me anyway. It is part of my Jin Zen. :lol: Besides, if I went and did that, then I would want to be Sister Golden Hair, and Julie already has that title!

I need to begin exercising in some way. Walking is the easiest thing. I am going to go with that. I do not feel well enough to walk somedays. There are times walking makes me motion sick. If I can just do some rebounding a little at a time, that should help a bit.

Dear Everyone,

Is it just me, or have a lot of people disappeared? No Mia, no Susie, no Patti, no Judi, no Alison...it is so quiet! Where has everyone gone? I know Patti has posted on other threads. I normally only post on this one, unless I see a newbie needing help. At least Bev pooped by the other day!

Okay, now for my short little mysteries of life segment. :D It seems, there is an odd force of nature at work. For some reason, everytime a moth or any other insect decides to commit suicide, it lands in my coffee. :o:angry: What is that all about? I have gone to great lengths at times to insure the purity and safety of my beverage, but to no avail. :( No matter what I have done, no matter where I have moved my drink, a fly, moth, or light bug of some kind manages to find its way in my cup, and come apart in it. :blink:

Sincerely,

Jin

mftnchn Explorer

Hi Julie. I am currently taking citricidal (Nutricidal), and have taken it in the past. The first time was years ago for amoeba and a couple of other parasites that I forget what they were. Seems like it was a protozoan. My doc had me take it last year for awhile to try to help with the lyme and help me get off antibiotics. However, I was really struggling with stomach issues (h pylori plus likely celiac that I didn

mftnchn Explorer

Bev, that is excellent news that you are getting really good direction now.

Tom, I am recently off soy as well. I think it is making a difference though not sure how dramatic a change.

Carla sorry about the bad herx. I think eating a lot of cilantro is helping me some with this.

Re the fudge recipe, could I substitute something for the coconut oil? I really have trouble with coconut.

mftnchn Explorer

Today I really felt good, and it is flagyl day 2 this week!!! I decide to switch my DMPS to start on the second day of Flagyl and then go another day. (DMPS is just every other week). Also I am really being vigilant on everything I can in terms of binding toxins and improving elimination.

Exercise

mftnchn Explorer

Julie, for me herxing hasn

mftnchn Explorer

I do skin brushing once in a while and should do it more often. It makes sense, in terms of removing toxins (because the skin excretes them) and increasing lymph flow. Especially for me because I don't sweat much ever. Even with exercise it is very light.

mftnchn Explorer

I broke up all my posts...since my daytime is different than all of yours, I can't join in much with the flow of things.

I am now 4 months Gluten-free Casein-free, and a month or so soy free. There is some clear improvement in how well my intestines are working. Of course I am doing the Vit C and magnesium which I wasn't doing before, and yet I have been able recently to cut it back a bit instead of the huge huge doses I was taking. So what is that about? What is interesting is that taking cellulose and probiotics in the past never helped with the big C, but now, they seem to contribute.

More and more I wish I could have had the blood tests and biopsy for celiac because after seeing some of your improvements here, it makes me wonder. If I had to choose though, I would say yes. Based on the double whammy of double DQ2, and the progress in terms of the elimination.

I am very anxious to see what happens next winter when I get back to Oregon and can check my mercury levels again. Also, I sure hope I can beat this lyme for good this time around!!

mftnchn Explorer

I can't remember if I posted about insomnia or if I just thought of it in my head! I'm not lyme-foggy, just too busy to remember what I did a couple days ago. :D

You could try L-tryptophan at bedtime with a small amount of pure carb. This helped me. Check cortisol levels (adrenal issues). Thyroid can impact this too.

Also I am very sensitive to many medications and supplements that cause insomnia for me. PM me with a list of what you are taking and I can tell you if any of those have cause that for me. However, I am sure it might be individual. Antihistamines are a really problem for me, and my allergist says that a small percentage of people have this issue rather than the usual sleepiness from them.

Ambien works great for me, I just try to not use it every day.

HRT has really helped me as well. My doses are quite small so my gyn isn't too worried about it, but I'll try to wean off in a couple more years when I finally get through to full menopause.

I found I was most sensitive to the most minute amount of light, so I bought an extra layer of light blocking fabric for my window. I also bought a thick eye mask at Rite Aid, and wear that. I never realized that light was making a difference until I tried that.

Also what about teas like sleepytime tea and stuff?

I agree with what someone said about a bedtime ritual. I lay down and read a library book on my PDA or a boring something. Now it doesn't take too long most nights!

miamia Rookie

ok i have not completly caught up with the posts but i don't hav ethe energy right now. There is so much i want to say

One is i completly agree with what julie said - I feel this thread has been completly devoted to health issues. I don't understand the whole gabby thing. I have gone onto other posts where it starts out about candida or something or celiac realted issues and eneds up being about the lines at trader joes- its natural to go off a little when people are involved and they find some sort of common interest or something(i hope this makes sense.)

Ok so i have been having a really rough time so this is just a short update. I had a bad week yesturday i had my chelation and an iv of saline solution to hydrate me. and then i had the colon threapy. Although i am exhausted and out of it now i think this was a very big day for me. I think it is very important for me to get the chealtion and i think by getting the CT right after I might finallyl be able to really do it. I got alot out during my conoics session which was huge for me becasue i ahve had major C issues lately.

For some reason even though idefintly drink enough my body is not absorbing the fluids properly adn my insides seem to be dehydrated which we think is a major cause of my C issues so i am going to start doing Saline IV"s 2-3 times a week. I feel good about this becasue as opposed to all the other treatments there are no negative side effects to these!!!

I have to call this dentist today to finally deal with my feelings (i have 2 very small ones)

I am very overwhelmed i feel like i ahve a docotrs appt. everyday - well i don't just feel that way i do. I know they are all very important but it is just so much.

I want to respond to everyone Julie, rachel, donna, andrea- but i am so wiped out I will try to post more later I love you guys though and am always reading about your updates ( even if i ahve to reread them 8 times becasue my brain is fried) and really care about them

Miamia

miamia Rookie
I think its more along the lines of things which have been previously mentioned and discussed....the length of the thread....the impression that a thread this long is not as helpful as having all these topics in seperate threads, etc.

I also know that I personally would not have the time/energy to post or keep up with seperate topics which are all related anyway. I dont think any one of us could take pieces of info. from a bunch of threads and connect the dots the way it has happened here.

Even though I think all of these topics are important...they do not equal wellness all by themselves. You have to put them all together in order to make sense of it and to really understand what it takes to overcome it.

Carla,

In my opinion it is all about leaky gut. Thats why the majority of us ended up in this thread....even before the Leaky Gut forum was created. It all comes from the fact that we all had that one thing in common...multiple food intolerances.

So yeah....everything stemmed from that. In the beginning there was more talk relating to the food intolerances and over time as we learned more about the *causes* of leaky gut our discussions evolved as we investigated each of these things. I dont think you were posting here during that time but thats how it started.

Nearly every person who came into this thread looking for answers came in here because of the food intolerances/leaky gut. Its really the reason we all ended up here and its the one thing that we all had in common.

It truelly is the foundation of this thread.

The amount of foods most of us have had to restrict from our diets and the impact that has had on our everyday lives is difficult for anyone *not* in this situation to ever comprehend. The fact that we could all relate to one other regarding this drastic change in lifestyle is what brought us together in the first place. It was an understanding and a feeling that we were no longer alone in this fight.

This thread would not exist had it not been for us coming together and trying to put together the pieces...so that we may one day resume our lives the way they once were and the way they were meant to be.

These are not all "seperate" issues here.....they are all related and they have everything to do with the leaky gut and the resulting food intolerances we've all had the misfortune of experiencing.

Had we continued to talk about *just* the leaky gut...or *just* the foods that we cannot indulge in.....we would not be here today. Luckily we took things furthur than that and tried to get a better understanding of how this could possibly happen.

I know I'm in a much better place than I was on April 18th of last year...when I started this topic thinking that I might be intolerant to corn....and maybe I could eat dairy again!! :rolleyes:

If it werent for the desire to get to the root of things and if not for the natural progression of this thread...I dont know that it would have been possible for alot of us to be where we are now. Even if we still have a long way to go....*knowing* what we're up against is (I think) the biggest challenge of all.

For alot of us that battle has been won...and now we are on to the next phase but it still began with the common link that we all shared...which was the leaky gut/food intolerances.

Anyone who may benefit from this thread in the future....will most likely do so because...like us....they have many food intolerances and a strong desire to overcome it.

Lyme is one of the things that we learned about here....and its one of many things that alot of us have in common. Its not the thing that brought us here though. Had the thread been titled "Lyme Disease" or any other single topic we've discussed here....most of us would have never met.

Those people who responded to my original post and who continued to post in this thread did so because they understood what I was going through. I think its still the foundation of this thread.

People who come into this thread now...come in here for the same reason Julie, Donna and so many others did over a year ago....bacause they can relate. They cant possibly relate to Lyme Disease or Mercury Toxicity or Candida or Parasites or Mold or Neurotoxins or anything else which they havent yet learned about. We can only relate to the things that we're *aware* of.

Rachel-

i just had to comment on this I think it is beautifully said and i agree with all of it. It just reminded me again why i come here everyday. (thank you!!!)

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, I'm sitting here waiting for the hammer to fall, lol. I didn't intentionally rachel anything, but my stupid sleepless brain fogginess played a part this morning. I was measuring out my liquid qlutathione and nothing would come out, so remembering (and boy was I proud of remembering something, lol) that it was a new bottle I took the top off so I could take off the inner seal...

then forgot to put the lid back on (which has a tiny little opening as a spout which causes the stuff to come out slowly)...dumped probably about 2 teaspoons into my vitamin cocktail instead of the 1/2 teaspoon which I usually take, lol. Darned stuff is so expensive (along with all the other stuff in my cocktail) that I didn't want to throw it out and start over, so just drank it. :unsure::lol:

Exactly Rachel! I would never have looked at a thread for lyme. I MAY have read a thread about candida or mercury, but not really sure. But looking at a thread about finally being able to eat something that you hadn't been able to eat before caught my attention. I've always suspected leaky gut. And you are definitely right, I would never have connected the dot if the discussion here hadn't been about so many different but related things.

Jin - too funny about the kamikaze bugs, lol.

I agree you need to rest when your body calls for it. The fitness level will come with time.

Exactly! :lol:

Yeah, a few years ago, walking wasn't enough to even get my heart rate up, even walking so briskly that it might be easier to run, lol, but lately it's good enough, lol.

Is it just me, or have a lot of people disappeared? No Mia, no Susie, no Patti, no Judi, no Alison...it is so quiet! Where has everyone gone? I know Patti has posted on other threads.

Yeah, it has been quiet...I was just thinking about this yesterday.

Exercise
miamia Rookie
Well, I'm sitting here waiting for the hammer to fall, lol. I didn't intentionally rachel anything, but my stupid sleepless brain fogginess played a part this morning. I was measuring out my liquid qlutathione and nothing would come out, so remembering (and boy was I proud of remembering something, lol) that it was a new bottle I took the top off so I could take off the inner seal...

then forgot to put the lid back on (which has a tiny little opening as a spout which causes the stuff to come out slowly)...dumped probably about 2 teaspoons into my vitamin cocktail instead of the 1/2 teaspoon which I usually take, lol. Darned stuff is so expensive (along with all the other stuff in my cocktail) that I didn't want to throw it out and start over, so just drank it. :unsure::lol:

Exactly Rachel! I would never have looked at a thread for lyme. I MAY have read a thread about candida or mercury, but not really sure. But looking at a thread about finally being able to eat something that you hadn't been able to eat before caught my attention. I've always suspected leaky gut. And you are definitely right, I would never have connected the dot if the discussion here hadn't been about so many different but related things.

Jin - too funny about the kamikaze bugs, lol.

Exactly! :lol:

Yeah, a few years ago, walking wasn't enough to even get my heart rate up, even walking so briskly that it might be easier to run, lol, but lately it's good enough, lol.

Yeah, it has been quiet...I was just thinking about this yesterday.

I agree totally!

The 5-HTP has some form of l-tryptophan in it I think...and yep I have adrenal issues and the lyme is affecting my thyroid somehow. My LLMD is certain that it's the lyme contributing. My thyroid has been checked and is actually okay, so whatever is going on there is sub-clinical (is that the correct term...it's not showing up in testing).

Yep, I don't take any antihistamines, especially over the counter (although I did break down and take a Zyrtek last night before bed because I was badly congested). All the over-the-counter stuff, even benadryl makes me hyper. Over-the-counter sleep aids also make me hyper. :( Years ago, one of my co-workers gave me 1 of her sleeping pills...I think it was somthing like Ambien, and I only took 1/2 the pill and seemed to sleep fine with that. So I may just have to ask for some.

I can't even blame menopause...they keep checking my levels of something-or-other and I'm not even in menopause yet, lol.

My doctor just confirmed this. He told me about a study that was done where they shown light on a subject's calf while they were sleeping and they could actually measure the melatonin dropping. I probably should try to make my room darker...I don't have lights on or anything, but I do keep my door open, and my light downstairs is on a timer. :( There is also light from my window from the moon and the streetlights.

Nope, tried the teas too...nothing. :lol: I am a hard case. :P

Don't worry about responding....just glad to hear from you when you can! I know this overwhelmed feeling. From January to probably June, I had doctor's appointments every day of the week and even appointments on Saturday, so it was very overwhelming. I felt like my life was spent in waiting rooms. It's slowed down a little for me, last week only had 1 appointment...this week has been 3. It sounds like maybe you've found a way to make the IVs work out, so maybe you'll be able to get through this a bit quicker so your life will settle down again.

How's the new place?

Donna-

oh my god i did that once -ok i am lying more than once where i am mixing my vitamin cocktail and i accidently put too much of something ususally i put the same thing in twice by mistake and yeah the stuff is so expensive i just take it.

The new place is great!!!!!!!!!!! I just wish i felt better and oculd enjoy it.

Oh I have to say yesturday I was in colonics after my chealtion and I kept picturing all the stuff the chelaiton pulled out- the toxins, metals etc being flushed out of me it was the first time i was happy in while!!! Such good thoughts!!!

dlp252 Apprentice
Oh I have to say yesturday I was in colonics after my chealtion and I kept picturing all the stuff the chelaiton pulled out- the toxins, metals etc being flushed out of me it was the first time i was happy in while!!! Such good thoughts!!!

Yay!!!! Happy good thoughts certainly can't hurt, lol!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast
My guess would be MSG.

The ramen-type noodles have those little seasoning packets which are usually loaded with MSG. The soups and ramen noodles are a couple of the things which have the highest amounts of MSG in them.

I'm going to read/answer more later, but this one was easy. :) There is no MSG, but there is "yeast extract" ... is that code for MSG? These are rice noodles from Wild Oats ... I buy them for the kids instead of Ramen ... kids love them because they're so easy ... but no more for me.

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
I'm going to read/answer more later, but this one was easy. :) There is no MSG, but there is "yeast extract" ... is that code for MSG? These are rice noodles from Wild Oats ... I buy them for the kids instead of Ramen ... kids love them because they're so easy ... but no more for me.

yeah, yeast extract and hydrolized proteins both contain the processed free glutamic acid aka MSG... I'd always double check any soups, microwave meals, chips, and stuff like that for these ingredients...

here's a quick link I found that covers it: Open Original Shared Link

CarlaB Enthusiast

Ugh, too many quotes! My computer won't let me cut and paste to split it into two posts, so I just put a couple quotes in quotations.

I understand not wanting to give the impression that there is research indicating a link between lyme disease and celiac, but I'm pretty sure a number of threads in that sub-forum are on health topics just as unrelated... I also think it's more serious and health-related for that matter than a thread should be for the gab forum... who knows, maybe there isn't really a good sub-forum for it, which is why it's been moved a few times...

Yeah, I agree.

It's the similarity in symptoms with celiac that gives it relevance ... many people here are looking for a diagnosis.

"when I just lifted on certain days earlier this year, I felt a little off afterwards and speculated that there might have been an effect on my muscles and body that was causing some toxins and whatnot to be released..."

I think this happens, too. At least it seems that way from my experience. That's why I think exercise is so important. Any natural way we can get rid of bugs is better than the meds.

I love the skin brushing, I do it before every shower. It really sloughs off the dead skin layers and promotes blood flow and improves circulation, and it's good for the lymph!!

I guess the reason I don't do skin brushing like I should is because I sauna before my shower, so I'm all sweaty. So, today I did it after my "coffee". It feels GREAT!

In my opinion it is all about leaky gut.

This thread would not exist had it not been for us coming together and trying to put together the pieces

Had the thread been titled "Lyme Disease" or any other single topic we've discussed here....most of us would have never met.

We can only relate to the things that we're *aware* of.

I agreed with it all, but especially wanted to highlight these points. I certainly would never have come to a Lyme thread ... my ticks didn't have Lyme. :lol: Most people who end up on the Lyme thread are people who learned about it here on this thread .... it helps to have that specific info separated so we don't have to keep explaining IGeneX, etc.

I don't remember at what point this thread became relevant. It always haunted me. :P It would be at the top of "view new posts" ... I didn't want the info to relate to me ... I guess I was in major denial and you all were nuts! :D I was gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and corn-free when I came here ... and I still wasn't getting better. I always read along ... didn't fully keep up ... but at some point had something to say, and now you just can't shut me up (which is normal, if you knew me in "real" life!).

Anyway, I agree with what you said, separate threads would not have gotten me to where I am.

"Dear Everyone,

Is it just me, or have a lot of people disappeared? No Mia, no Susie, no Patti, no Judi, no Alison...it is so quiet! Where has everyone gone? I know Patti has posted on other threads. I normally only post on this one, unless I see a newbie needing help. At least Bev pooped by the other day!"

I'm particularly worried about Lisa/Tabasco ... anyone heard from her?

Susie posts on the Silly Yak thread ... she's busy with her mom's party and her new boyfriend she won't talk about.

Carla sorry about the bad herx. I think eating a lot of cilantro is helping me some with this.

I might have to try that.

Re the fudge recipe, could I substitute something for the coconut oil? I really have trouble with coconut.

What about butter? The coconut oil "waters down" the almond butter and makes the fudge solid (the fudge melts when it's out of the refrigerator too long) ... so any saturated fat would work.

Check cortisol levels (adrenal issues). Thyroid can impact this too.

Both of these are fine for me.

Also I am very sensitive to many medications and supplements that cause insomnia for me. PM me with a list of what you are taking and I can tell you if any of those have cause that for me. However, I am sure it might be individual.

Ambien works great for me, I just try to not use it every day.

HRT has really helped me as well.

I found I was most sensitive to the most minute amount of light

Also what about teas like sleepytime tea and stuff?

My pharmacist said that the way the Biaxin is metabolized that it could be contributing, but I did have insomnia before starting meds ... it's always been a problem when symptomatic, so I think it mostly comes from the Lyme itself.

I take Ambien nightly right now ... I'll worry about dependency when I'm healthier ...

Can't do HRT ... Mom had breast cancer and her oncologist said it was definately from HRT, so I'm not a candidate for it.

Room is dark.

I have both kinds of insomnia ... trouble falling asleep, and trouble staying asleep .... the most annoying is the trouble staying asleep.

Thank you for all the suggestions ... I even tried the L Tryptophan .... Ambien was last resort ... even with the Ambien, I was awake 3 1/2 hours in the middle of the night last night. <_< My LLPA was thorough ... she had me try everything before prescribing meds ... I even sleep with earplugs.

Exactly Rachel! I would never have looked at a thread for lyme.

Me either. There's no Lyme in Ohio, why would I have looked for a thread on Lyme? :lol: (For lurkers, Lyme is EVERYWHERE!!!)

yeah, yeast extract and hydrolized proteins both contain the processed free glutamic acid aka MSG... I'd always double check any soups, microwave meals, chips, and stuff like that for these ingredients...

here's a quick link I found that covers it: Open Original Shared Link

Great, great, great. Thanks.

I have never done well with things with seasoning ... like bbq potato chips, etc. I always eat plain. I can use all the seasoning I want at home ... no herbs and spices bother me. Funny that the only real food intolerance I seem to have at this point is MSG. I really don't eat many processed foods .... except when I'm herxing and there is no one to cook for me.

AndreaB Contributor
Okay, now for my short little mysteries of life segment. :D It seems, there is an odd force of nature at work. For some reason, everytime a moth or any other insect decides to commit suicide, it lands in my coffee. :o:angry: What is that all about? I have gone to great lengths at times to insure the purity and safety of my beverage, but to no avail. :( No matter what I have done, no matter where I have moved my drink, a fly, moth, or light bug of some kind manages to find its way in my cup, and come apart in it. :blink:

I'd say that since coffee isn't good for you to drink that somebody is trying to tell you something. :P

I am now 4 months Gluten-free Casein-free, and a month or so soy free. There is some clear improvement in how well my intestines are working. Of course I am doing the Vit C and magnesium which I wasn't doing before, and yet I have been able recently to cut it back a bit instead of the huge huge doses I was taking. So what is that about? What is interesting is that taking cellulose and probiotics in the past never helped with the big C, but now, they seem to contribute.

That's good to hear that you are doing better again. I, personally wouldn't challenge the gluten thing with being double dq2.

I'b be waiting for your mercury results this winter. :)

I want to respond to everyone Julie, rachel, donna, andrea- but i am so wiped out I will try to post more later I love you guys though and am always reading about your updates ( even if i ahve to reread them 8 times becasue my brain is fried) and really care about them

As long as I see you reading I don't worry too much. If you're online you're managing even if not feeling up to posting. We :wub: you and are happy for the progress you've started down the path on.

There is no MSG, but there is "yeast extract" ... is that code for MSG?

Charlie already answered this.....but yes.

Green12 Enthusiast

Good morning everyone!

Mia mia, I'm glad you had a positive experience with the colonic after your chelation treatment. It's great to visualize those metals and toxins breaking up and releasing and exiting your body! There is a lot of power in positive visualization and thoughts of the mind. Post again when you feel up to it.

Rachel I am glad you are feeling good :).

The machine you linked to we refer to as the foot fish :lol: since you lay there on the floor and it wiggles you around like a fish. Now I can understand why you had a hard time picturing Seth on it :lol::lol:

I have something similar to that, this is the one I have:

It's good to have a family memeber in the business, the perks of having all the healing tools, toys, and gadgets :lol:

Carla, I for one hope you never shut up :lol: I enjoy reading all of your talkative posts! Glad you gave the skin brushing another go, it does also give the skin a nice glow :lol:

You could aslo try it BEFORE you get in the sauna too, to unclog the pores and give the blood and lymph circulation a head start, I would think that would allow for maximum toxin release??

Donna, I hope you do alright today with that extra amount of liquid qlutathione :o Did you try chamomile tea? Valerian root tea?

Archived