This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Kassandra,

That is so funny! I wondered if there were Celiac camps. I doubt there is one around here. Evansville is not exactly a happening and up to date type of place compared to where you live. I want to move to L.A., and have for quite some time.

Sincerely,

Jin

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confusedks Enthusiast

Jin,

It was actually in Northern California. I flew up there. It was a lot of fun, except I was sick for 3 out of 4 days! :( But the food was good (well, the gluten free, soy free, nut free, dairy free food I was actually able to eat!) It was funny I was at celiac camp and needed "special food"!!!! :)

Kassandra

Cruiser Bob Newbie
Jin,

It was actually in Northern California. I flew up there. It was a lot of fun, except I was sick for 3 out of 4 days! :( But the food was good (well, the gluten free, soy free, nut free, dairy free food I was actually able to eat!) It was funny I was at celiac camp and needed "special food"!!!! :)

Kassandra

GIG has two gluten-free camps also. One on Vashon Island outside Seattle, WA. The other is upper mid-west? - lakes area? Cynthia is always looking for volunteer cooks (I've done it twice - it's really nice to see the reaction when you say YES, you may eat that). My kids (15,17) just got home from 10 days of fun in the sun at GIG camp. They've been going for the past 7-8 years. Bob

dlp252 Apprentice

Phew, they're keeping me busy at work today...court filings....aaaacckk!!

DONNA! I'm in SJ thru Fri the 31st. If you're feeling pretty good on any day before the 31st, gimme a call. Maybe just when going to WhF anyway, we could hang out & talk for a bit before shopping (and avoiding the cookie aisle!! :lol: ).

<I'm sooooo excited to be signing a lease tomorrow!!!> :D

Congratulations on the lease!!! I have to laugh at the shopping thing though...I go when the first open and believe me when I say I'm done and on my way home 20 minutes later. :lol: Doesn't take long when you buy the same things every week. I'm actually surprised some of the stockers haven't started throwing my stuff to me from the aisles. :lol: (Actually most of this is driven by the fact that I see my mother and aunt most Saturday mornings and they want me there early, lol.)

I'll have to see how things go, but I have jury duty starting Monday. :(

Pssst.....if I really wanted to get to that cookie aisle I doubt you could stop me. :P:lol::ph34r:

I have tried everything ... the past two nights, I've awakened at 2:30AM and been awake for three and a half hours. Isn't the Ambien supposed to help with that???? Ugh. I'm taking 10mg. I'm going to try getting to sleep tonight on my own, then take the Ambien when I wake up at 2 ... we'll see how that works. If I can't get to sleep, then I'll have to take it then, but I'd rather lay awake for an hour when I go to bed than half the night after I've slept some.

Congratulations??!!?? on Morgan going to school. :lol: (Sorry Morgan, lol!)

Yeah, my 400mg of 5-HTP did nothing for me last night, and in fact was more restless than ever. :( I think it's just too darned hot in my room. It was 78.something this morning when I woke up. Maybe I need to turn the fan directly on me.

It's pretty frustrating (as anyone who's dealt with this can tell you) to try to figure it all out. I'm really considering going to a homeopath or LLMD (though I'm quite certain I don't have Lyme, I've listened to all of you talk about how they will be helpful in finding problems other than lyme) to try and figure all this out. I've been considering it for a while. Seems they've really been able to help you gals out with this (although, this sleeping problem that a few of you are having sounds really difficult. I hope you gals are able to get restful sleep soon). I'm not sure what keeps me from checking into it. I guess there's a little fear there. I'm not even sure what I'm afraid of.

Bummer about the delayed reaction...I HATE, HATE, HATE them! If I could associate the pain immediately with the transgression it would help to avoid stuff, lol.

Ah, you almost make me miss Hawaii...lived there for 6 years many moons ago.

Well, not sure exactly what is driving my insomnia...I go to sleep just fine and stay asleep until about midnight...then it's waking up every hour just about on the hour...the amount of time I'm awake varies...on a good night I fall asleep again very quickly...on a not so good night I'm awake for quite some time each time. My doctor seems pretty certain it's the lyme though, and the time frame for when this all started sort of fits the time frame when I think I may have been contracted the stupid thing (or at least when it started to affect my health). I like both of my "doctors"...both the LLMD and the "alternative" BioSET lady have been instrumental in helping me figure all this out and ordering tests and stuff. They compliment each other, and fortunately they "know" each other, which makes it a whole lot easier in some respects.

I am glad you enjoyed the kamakaze bug story! :lol: I do not know what it is with those things! I have decided it is timem to use an insulated mug with a lid! That will fix it! Unless those suckers can teleport, they are going to have to find a new way to end it all! :lol:

Did you see why I wrote about the quartz chrystals yesterday? I wanted to make sure you saw that. I think it could help your situation. There is no way you will get better if you keep being drained from those energy suckers! They also are good for other things, like psychic abilities and communicating with the higher self.

Yes, I did see the stuff about the crystals...sorry I didn't mention it. I'll probably look for one this weekend. I might have a polished one, lol.

And re the bugs...you could always use a sippy cup. :lol: Sorry, cracking myself up here.

diamondheart Newbie

Hello All,

I'm back in Colorado. I haven't posted since I returned because 1) I've been busy, 2) I got a copy of the last Harry Potter book and I'm waaaay more interested in that lately :) , and 3) we are being watched at work :ph34r: , so I gotta keep this short.

I'm posting now because I won't be able to after work since I have my next LED treatment!

Heres the link to Scotts page...the link for the LED article is near the bottom of the page.

Open Original Shared Link

Here is the link to the article but not sure if it'll work...

You should be given a list of things to avoid for each substance that is treated....because if you come in contact with the substance treated (i.e. using toothpaste/shampoo that contains sodium lauryl sulfate after the LED for sulfa) it can cancel out your treatment.

You are also suppossed to avoid the substance treated for 2 hours before the LED. Its 2 hours before and 25 hours after.

I opened the article that Rachel sent me a link to a while back, and I was surprised to see my ART lady's picture on the article! She wrote it :lol: ! I don't know, but she's not as strict as Rachel's ART people about what to avoid afterwards.

Anyhoo, I'll let you know how it turns out. Gotta go!

Claire

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea!! I've been meaning to say "Great new avatar!"!! :)

Thanks. :)

Yay! On the lease!!!! :D

Morgan is going to school today. :(:(:(

I know you'll miss her but as someone said Thanksgiving isn't too far away. Are you going to try to get over there to see her again this year?

We're going to the Windward side of Oahu in October.

Sounds absolutely wonderful on all counts! You two should have a blast. :D

Anyhoo, I'll let you know how it turns out. Gotta go!

Hope all goes well with your LED today....Rachel has hers today too.

We got back from our about 2:15.

T had a redo of MEK and also the fungal. M had the halo and S had the gold and halo. Dr. E said that T is the first she's done for the MEK because parents don't want to deal with trying to avoid plastics. T hasn't done very well already since I forgot her gloves and the seat belt clip is plastic. Hopefully just repeating it will help. I'm hoping she won't have the pain again.

CarlaB Enthusiast
and a super inexpensive vacation

Hawaii? Super inexpensive? How great is that?!

I could make candles with all that gunk that comes out of my ears! I have to clean them out four times a day at times!

We can call you Shreck! Have you tried ear candles? Seriously! They're for melting the wax out of your ears ... they work great.

I know you are going to miss Morgan while she as at school! Don't worry, Thanksgiving will be here before you know it!

The breaks here coincide with the Fall Festival. Are you going to come? Have you gone to it? I hate that I cannot eat anything, but oh well.

No, Thanksgiving is a LONG way away!!

We're ripping out our kitchen in Oct., hoping it's done by Thanksgiving ...

I don't know about the Fall Festival.

Kassandra, beautiful picture. I have a 17 year old son ... wink.gif laugh.gif

LOL!!! That's so funny! I was gone at a celiac camp and we were all joking about meeting guys with celiac disease...but it didn't happen. ;)

Kassandra

He doesn't have celiac disease, but he's educated on the gluten-free diet! Totally obnoxious kid ... not that that's news to you, that's just the definition of 17 year old boy!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mftnchn Explorer
I have tried everything ... the past two nights, I've awakened at 2:30AM and been awake for three and a half hours. Isn't the Ambien supposed to help with that???? Ugh. I'm taking 10mg. I'm going to try getting to sleep tonight on my own, then take the Ambien when I wake up at 2 ... we'll see how that works. If I can't get to sleep, then I'll have to take it then, but I'd rather lay awake for an hour when I go to bed than half the night after I've slept some.

Yeah, Carla, same for me. I have done this quite a bit--take the Ambien when I wake up about 1-2 am.

Have you ever tried skipping two days of your meds/ supplements (maybe one at a time?) to see if any of them are impacting you? I have discovered a several of those kinds of problems with stuff that isn't known for causing insomnia.

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

anyone have a recommendation for a multi-vitamin?... free of the common allergens, yeast, any bad binders/additives... I ran out of my multi-vitamin (Pure Multi T/D) and won't be able to get it again for a week or 2... figure I might try something else for now...

miamia Rookie

hey all-

Donna , carla-

sorry to hear the insomnia is so bad i can relate. I ahve no problem falling asleep usually in fact i am usually so tired at night I basically pass out but I wake up often and on the worst days i can't fall back asleep and I am talking absurd hours!!!

Jin-

Sorry to hear you had a rough day hopefully today is better.

So yesturday i had a saline IV I only did half of what my doctor wanted me to. I wanted to see how my body reacted plus i was having a hard time sitting still and didn't think i would make it through an hour iv treatment without ripping my hair out. I kind of lost it in the office i saw my doctor after my iv and i just started bawling and asking him how it was possible for me to feel so bad all the time!!! We talked for a while he was very good. I know he is really busy but he took me into his office and we went over a few things. So I still feel really out of it and frustrated but alittle calmer.

Rachel-

I can't wait to hear about your latest session.

Julie-

Do you just have every fun gadget out there??? I have to come visit you to try them all out (and to see you) Oh that would be so nice........One day.

Oh I got hooked up with the most amazing dentist and i will be getting my fillings out on Thursday!!!!It looks like next week is going to be another crazy week.

Miamia

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Kassandra,

The camp in Northern California sounded nice! I was surprised the did not have one near there. L.A. is the more up-to-date and health conscious place. It is awful you were sick four days of the time you stayed there. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of the time there, though! :)

Dear Claire,

Wow, you are already back in Colorado? Being busy is good. I do not know what to do with myself if I am not cleaning, studying, or something! I am just no good at sitting still! I never have been!

I will be waiting to hear your update. Didn't you have LED? This was for mercury this time, right? Meanwhile, that Harry Potter book should keep you busy! I never have gotten to read one yet! Most of the reading I do is textbooks.

Dear Sherry,

So the Ambien is not doing the job for you either? That is weird. I suppose this is Lyme related. It seems everyone on here has that issue if they have Lyme. You mentioned something that got me thinking.

There is a possibility that your body gets too used to one medication or remedy after so long. I wonder something. Perhaps if you switched around your meds or supplements, that would fix it. It would be interesting to use the herx cycle and compare it to the insomnia. The Krebs Cycle might be a good starting point as well.

Dear Charlie,

I need a multi as well. I might go with Nature Made. I cannot tolerate iron in supplements. It always upsets my stomach. I do not know if they have corn or anything, but I do know they are often labeled gluten-free.

Dear Julie,

So, where did you disappear to yesterday? I did not see a post from you. :unsure: You are probably on your chi machine! :lol: Like Mia said, you seem to have all of the groovy gadgets there are! I sure would not mind a bunch of those new kitchen gadgets out!

Dear Rachel,

Well, we are all anxious to hear about your LED treatment! Don't make us wait too long! :lol: I know you probably will not be up to posting much for a day or two. You will not be on here until I am asleep probably. At this point, you are likely walking around with pot holders on if you are cooking anything. That not being able to touch things is tricky!

Dear Andrea,

I sure hope T does not hurt this time around. The pain cannot be easy to deal with. :( It is not fun to hurt all over. I know what that is like. Maybe you will get lucky, and she will not have to repeat the treatment despite the seatbelt situation. We will keep our fingers crossed for you!

Dear tom,

You are going to SJ again! That will be fun! What are you going to do this time? Maybe you and Donna will get to meet up. Hopefully this time you will get to talk some more, since last time had to be a quick visit because she was working.

Dear Carla,

There are earwax candles? No, I had no idea! :lol: Just call me Shrek! :lol: Where on Earth do you get those candles? Both of my grandfathers have this trouble, too. Mine is probably due to the sinuses being so bad.

You mean you do not know if you will get to come to the Fall Festival, or that you have never heard of it? It is the second largest street festival next to Mardis Gras! I was surprised. I always just play games. That is all I can do now that I cannot eat the food. :(

The kitchen being remodeled is something that you do not know whether it will be finished on time or not. Those things often have complications. Maybe you will luck out, and it will be ready by Thanksgiving. You never know! Meanwhile, Morgan better keep in touch!

What a bummer about the sleep issues returning. I know what that is like. It is like my body is on swing shift. One week I am sleeping from 8pm until 8am. The next, I may be sleeping from midnight to noon off and on. Eventually after about two weeks, I will be sleeping from 2pm to 2am.

Dear Bob,

I have never heard of GIG camp. What is it? That is good your kids enjoyed it. I never really did the camp thing. I did not like being away from home. I cannot sleep anywhere my in my house! I do not know why, that is just how I am. My bed is the only place I can rest!

Dear Donna,

Yeah, I doubt tom could stop me either! Cookies are so good! I miss oreos. I know that even if tom could stop you, it would not look good him tackeling you in the store! :lol: People could get the wrong idea!

That is good you may already have a clear quartz chrystal. You definitely should try keeping it on you at all times. I really think it is worth a go! I know the Lyme is a major contributor. Everyone with it seems to have difficulty sleeping. I bet it is what is causing my swing shift sleep difficulties I have had for seven years or so.

Your room was 78 degrees? No wonder you could not rest! I cannot sleep if I am hot either! I get overheated easily.

Lately, it has been especially difficult to sleep due to my room being in front of the house, and it being 100 degrees during the day. Luckily, that trend will be over soon! :)

ROTFLMAO! :lol: Now you have me laughing about the sippy cups and kamakaze bugs! It is so funny you said that. Dad and I were talking about this, and he suggested the sippy cups, too! At least with bottled water, they cannot get in there!

Maybe I will just pour my coffee or soda in there when I drink it! :D

Dear Mia,

I have been having a lot of rough days lately. I know some of it is my shot is due soon. The other part of it is the stupid

wisdom teeth. I am in a tight spot. If I do have Lyme, I do not want to get them removed then have cavitations that help it stick around. At this point, I would like to just get the WBs done. I know the others on here could help me with interpretation of the results.

It is wonderful you and your doctor talked about the situation. I know the depression from dealing with illness as well. This really takes a toll on you mentally. Sometimes, it feels so hopeless, like you are never going to get better. Having a good cry can really help a lot, though. Releasing that negative energy is important, because if you do not, it will just stay pinned up inside, and make you physically sicker.

Sincerely,

Jin

dlp252 Apprentice
anyone have a recommendation for a multi-vitamin?... free of the common allergens, yeast, any bad binders/additives... I ran out of my multi-vitamin (Pure Multi T/D) and won't be able to get it again for a week or 2... figure I might try something else for now...

I like the IntraMax I've been taking...it's liquid, has something like 414 nutritents, etc. (it does have some sugar though and a bit of lecithin I think), but it's expensive! Here is a link:

sorry to hear the insomnia is so bad i can relate. I ahve no problem falling asleep usually in fact i am usually so tired at night I basically pass out but I wake up often and on the worst days i can't fall back asleep and I am talking absurd hours!!!

So yesturday i had a saline IV I only did half of what my doctor wanted me to. I wanted to see how my body reacted plus i was having a hard time sitting still and didn't think i would make it through an hour iv treatment without ripping my hair out. I kind of lost it in the office i saw my doctor after my iv and i just started bawling and asking him how it was possible for me to feel so bad all the time!!! We talked for a while he was very good. I know he is really busy but he took me into his office and we went over a few things. So I still feel really out of it and frustrated but alittle calmer.

I'm so sorry you can relate to the insomnia...wouldn't wish that on anyone! You and I have the same pattern though. :(

Well, I'm sorry about the breakdown, but I just love how your doctor handled it.

miamia Rookie

donna-

its too bad we are in different time zones it would be great to ahve someone to call at 2:30 in the morning -its not sucha popular wake up time........I wonder why?

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

Insomnia seems to be the consensus for most of us! I wonder why? Could it be Lyme?

There is a good possibility! Stupid bugs!

How much is the Intramax? Is it expensive? A lot of this stuff if $40 a bottle. I cannot afford that. I wish there were supplements like these poor folks could afford!

Dear Mia,

I know what you mean. There are times I am awake at odd hours. You guys are an hour ahead of us. I could talk to you at 2:30 am if I am awake. That would be 1:30 our time!

Sincerely,

Jin

P.S. Did I tell you about the rude classmate I have? I needed help with assignments and trying to catch up. Well, she had the nerve to insult my name! She said Jin sounds stupid and immature. How can she say something like that to someone she does not even know? This felt like a personal attack on me, and I was very insulted.

happygirl Collaborator

Charlie: I use Open Original Shared Link

I think they have gluten, casein, soy, corn free (i think their products are all gluten-free/CF, and many are SF/CornF.)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Yeah, Carla, same for me. I have done this quite a bit--take the Ambien when I wake up about 1-2 am.

Have you ever tried skipping two days of your meds/ supplements (maybe one at a time?) to see if any of them are impacting you? I have discovered a several of those kinds of problems with stuff that isn't known for causing insomnia.

I have not tried that. I had this kind of insomnia before I started the meds ... I guess it still could be them ... but it's really just started up again recently, with no real changes to my protocol.

I had to take the Ambien to fall asleep last night, so I didn't get to test taking it when I woke up ... but I was "only" awake for 45 minutes last night, which is a huge improvement, though still not good.

hey all-

Donna , carla-

Oh I got hooked up with the most amazing dentist and i will be getting my fillings out on Thursday!!!!It looks like next week is going to be another crazy week.

Miamia

Yeah, crazy hours for me, too.

YAY on the fillings!

Dear Carla,

There are earwax candles? No, I had no idea! :lol: Just call me Shrek! :lol: Where on Earth do you get those candles? Both of my grandfathers have this trouble, too. Mine is probably due to the sinuses being so bad.

You mean you do not know if you will get to come to the Fall Festival, or that you have never heard of it? It is the second largest street festival next to Mardis Gras! I was surprised. I always just play games. That is all I can do now that I cannot eat the food. :(

I've always gotten the ear candles at a health food store. Everything I found on the internet said how they didn't work ... but of course, all the stuff we talk about here doesn't work either!

I don't know anything about the fall festival ....

donna-

its too bad we are in different time zones it would be great to ahve someone to call at 2:30 in the morning -its not sucha popular wake up time........I wonder why?

:lol: I always lay in bed and rest when I can't sleep. I generally feel rested the next day. I've had insomnia since college, so I don't get stressed about it anymore.

Green12 Enthusiast

Charlie,

I use the ActivEssentials multi-vitamin paks from Xymogen. They have a formula with iron, wirthout iron, and for women (I obviously use the one for women :lol: ). They are free of wheat, gluten, corn protein, yeast, soy, artificial colors, sweeteners or preservatives.

Here's a link for the without iron formula:

Hmm, but I just read you needed them now until your other ones come in, so this won't really help you out....

Miamia,

I know what you mean about sitting there for all the iv drips. I got so weary with having my arms and veins poked and prodded, sitting for hours at a time with your arm in that uncomfortable position...it gets very old and tiring and it's hard to stay up for that all the time.

I think having a little meltdown is very understandable. All this stuff is really challenging and it takes its toll. I'm glad your dr took you aside and listened to your frustrations and that you were able to ease your mind somewhat. Take it easy this weekend and rest up :)

All the gadgets :lol: My mom is a massage therapist so I enjoy the perks of her profession and get to use all the tools of the trade so to speak!

Kassandra,

I finally saw your picture! SO nice to put a face to the name :) I'm glad you had a great experience at camp. Molly, (flabygads) another high school student here on the forum I believe is really active in the camps and etc.

It is so true, and kind of crazy, about having a "special diet" within a celiac setting. Most everyone here in this thread has many additional intolerances/allergies and we have often commented it would be so much easier if gluten was our only concern, there certainly are a lot more options when you only have to eliminate gluten.

Beloved Insomniacs- have we broken everything down for you, diet, routines, medications, etc to see if a possible solution could be found???? I worry about you :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Ugg...bad day so far. Had an argument with my aunt...hate when that happens. :( Woke up with bad D again, and probably just should have stayed home...now wish I had.

Yeah, I doubt tom could stop me either! Cookies are so good! I miss oreos. I know that even if tom could stop you, it would not look good him tackeling you in the store! :lol: People could get the wrong idea!

Well, I probably outweigh Tom by a bit, lol.

donna-

Yeah, my friend once said I should call her when I wake up, but that entails actually MOVING, lol. She understood that part...she's the only person in the world who spends more time on her couch than I do (only she's not sick). :lol:

Congratulations on the fillings...how many do you have again?

How much is the Intramax? Is it expensive? A lot of this stuff if $40 a bottle. I cannot afford that. I wish there were supplements like these poor folks could afford!

I think it's more than $40...I always buy other stuff at the same time, so never really know how much each individual thing is. I just know it's really expensive, lol. I think I threw my receipt away too.

I always lay in bed and rest when I can't sleep. I generally feel rested the next day. I've had insomnia since college, so I don't get stressed about it anymore.

Yeah, a few years ago, I could still feel rested even if I didn't sleep, but not in the last 3-4 years. :(

Beloved Insomniacs- have we broken everything down for you, diet, routines, medications, etc to see if a possible solution could be found???? I worry about you :)

You are so sweet...you and Mia are just the sweetest people!!! Like Carla, I've had insomnia for at least 10 years, and in that time, diet has changed, meds have changed, supplements have changed...I just don't know...I don't think I've broken EVERYTHING down though, lol.

AndreaB Contributor

We use Freeda vitamins. I've found them at the gluten free store near us but I used to order them online.......so that wouldn't help you out much either.

Yay on getting the fillings taken care of! :D

I'm sorry about the stress and general not being well lately but I am glad your doctor was willing and able to sit down and talk with you. Hang in there Mia! It will get better. :)

:lol::lol:

I'm usually up til 2:30-3:00 your time. :)

Donna,

Sorry about your fight with your Aunt. Fights are no fun and they are draining. Hope you can relax and enjoy the rest of the day.

We are through detox. T didn't do very well with not touching plastics this time. Hopefully it was just a treatment that needed 2 times to clear and we won't have to do it over again on Monday. :(

From Mitch.......

Speaking about relatives. Here's a story about Johnny.

Johnny went to school for the first time. The teacher was telling the children about saying the pledge of allegiance and had everyone stand up and put their hand over their heart. She then began reciting the pledge of allegiance and the children began to follow. She then stopped and asked Johnny why he didn't have his hand over his heart, instead he had it over his bottom. Johnny then said that whenever his grandma sees him, she pats him on the bottom and tells him "Oh Johnny, you have a good little heart."

miamia Rookie

can i just say you guys are great - so so so supportive i don't know what i would do without you!!!!!!!!

dlp252 Apprentice
Sorry about your fight with your Aunt. Fights are no fun and they are draining. Hope you can relax and enjoy the rest of the day.

We are through detox. T didn't do very well with not touching plastics this time. Hopefully it was just a treatment that needed 2 times to clear and we won't have to do it over again on Monday. :(

LOL on the story from Mitch! :lol:

Yeah, the fight was no fun...it was over alternative doctors of all things. She says I have no proof that my doctors are the reason I feel better. I got a bit defensive I guess. Shouldn't have argued...I called to apologize for arguing. My aunt was sleeping but my mom said she'd tell her.

can i just say you guys are great - so so so supportive i don't know what i would do without you!!!!!!!!

I feel the same way about everyone, including YOU!!

tom Contributor
Dear Donna,

I am glad you enjoyed the kamakaze bug story! :lol: I do not know what it is with those things! I have decided it is time to use an insulated mug with a lid! That will fix it! Unless those suckers can teleport, they are going to have to find a new way to end it all! :lol:

Dear Kat,

. . . .

Thank you for not diving into my coffee! Gnats always do that, too! What they are thinking at the time, I do not know. Of course, it is accidental if they are flying over it while it is hot. Their wings will get stuck together if there is steam. Then, they just fall right in.

Dear Andrea,

The bugs do not just land in my coffee! It seems not to matter what I am drinking. If I put it in a mug, some depressed insect will find its way in there! :blink: Diet Rite has also had the same result. So has cranberry juice. I don't know if they just fly over the cup and yell "Goodbye cruel world!" before diving in, or what.

Ya see, Jin, I wonder if maybe it's time to think of this in a different light. (Speaking of light, maybe you're HumanBugLight Spice! :P )

What if these bugs contain some nutrient essential to your recovery and The Universe is trying to provide it?

I don't get bugs in MY coffee!

I have someone who was kind enough to point me in the direction of an RN who specializes in Candida. I am anxious to give her a call or e-mail her. :)

Didja do it? Didja didja didja????

Dear tom,

I hope you can help Rachel. It is important to view those pages! If you miss one lousy thing, those articles may not make sense. That is something I normally do not have to deal with. I think it is due to having broadband service.

As long as we're talking PDFs, it's just the lack of Adobe's Acrobat (PDF reader), or maybe just trying to use a very old version. It's been around since before 14.4kbaud modems.

Hey, aren't you going to Monterey tomorrow? What all do you plan to do there? Have a grilling party with some sausage stealing seagulls, perhaps? :lol: That was so funny! Maybe they know those weed eating tweedle pigs Susie told us about?

John's sick. No Monterey. I think I might go on a weekday tho.

LMAO at that sausage-laureled hero of a seagull!

And it's a good reminder of my progress! So thank u. That 10-12 person bbq was the biggest 'event' I'd been able to attend in yrs. (Well, by choice anyway) Now I'm going to 9-stage jazz fests, seeing bands all the time, and able to do a daytrip at the drop of a map. (As long the destination has one of my groc stores!)

Just tonight I went w/ Mei to an old bandmate's performance, which was a little strange for me but very enchanting and mesmerizing. Open Original Shared Link

I could go for hearing a lot more hammer dulcimer - or at least when played THAT well.

Downside is I was so busy all day, I kinda forgot to eat. Just 1/2 a meal b4 the show while I was already way late. Then just now trying to catch up on eating, but too tired to make much of anything. <yawn> I need sleeeeeeep . . ..

"Tweed-wearing eatle pigs"? That must be from b4 my time. I'd remember that.

Yay! You get to sign a lease! What is the place like? Details need to be given! Can you send a picture? That would be nice.

I had the pic of the outside of the building as my avatar last week, but not for long.

I did finally see for myself the layout today. BRs and bthrms big. Double master BRs basically. LR not so big, but kitchen good-sized. Kitch not near as big as some we saw, but easily my biggest since starting to cook every meal.

And we're walking disatnce to most of downtown, and I will REALLY love that!

No inside pics tho. We get the keys on sep29.

mftnchn Explorer

Jin, nope Ambien works great for me. Just try to get along without if I can.

Fellow insomniacs, maybe what is going on with our bodies just in disrupting the hormones system, estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, thyroid, etc. or other things I don't remember have impact on sleep.

dlp252 Apprentice
Fellow insomniacs, maybe what is going on with our bodies just in disrupting the hormones system, estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, thyroid, etc. or other things I don't remember have impact on sleep.

Yes, I think this is exactly it. Not sure anything except medication is going to help until whatever is disrupting the normal flow of things is fixed. :( I know that my krebs cycle is severely affected by the lyme and other issues and that has a direct impact on sleep. Hum, I think I need to refresh my knowledge of the krebs cycle, lol.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

I am sorry that you got in an argument with your aunt.:( Those are no fun! I have plenty of difficult relatives. There never seems to be a shortage of those. She might be one of those people who enjoys pressing your buttons. You really need to find that chrystal and have it with you at all times!

Insomnia is certainly problematic with how you function during the day. When you do not sleep well, you just are not with it. It is so hard to concentrate. Plus, there is the fact it makes recovery from illness more difficult. I have to be practically keep my room cold to sleep well. I get so hot, I can hardly stand it sometimes. Like you, I believe hormones contribute, and the source is going to need found before the trouble is corrected.

You know, I was reading my favorite natural health magazine, and it talked about how your endocrine system being out of whack can cause you to have problems with your health and weight. Dr. Eric Berg discussed the different body types that are based off of the glands that rule them. I am the ovary type. You probably are as well, considering you mentioned you are pear-shaped as well. The article says to eat non-estrogenic vegetables, and meats without hormones and such.

Ovary types are usually carrying their excess weight in their lower thighs (saddlebags), hips, and have a bulge below the belly button. They also tend to experience hip and lower back pain, and hot flashes. I found this description incredibly accurate! At least, it is for myself. If I could get rid of that stupid tummy bulge, I bet I would lose ten pounds or more from that alone! I am losing weight, but still am not in the shape I would like to be in.

I doubt you outweigh tom! He is tall, so it is easier for him to weigh more and look skinny. You are like me, you think you are Shamu! :lol: Most women see ourselves this way. We are our own worst critics. If I get my Christmas money early this year, I am going to get the Six Week Body Makeover! :)

Julie and Mia are sweethearts! We are so lucky to have them as friends! Everyone here is a member of our little town. That is what makes it so special. The wonderful people who are here!

Intramax is definitely not affordable right now. :( I think I may have to go with Nature Made. They are expensive, but not near as expensive as some of these other things. I will probably have to go with my mother to buy it. Dad is one of those who you never take to the store. He always tries to talk you out of buying things you need!

Dear Mia,

We love you, too! :wub: Rachelville is full of love! That is what we are about! You help inspire us as well! We all are pulling for you, as you hope things go well for us!

Speaking of, I will be anxious to hear how you are doing after the amalgam removals. Are you getting them done at once, or separately? How many do you have again? At least that is one thing I do not have to mess with. I did have a root canal last year, though. I hope I do not have to get that one pulled. :unsure:

Dear Carla,

Maybe you could switch things around a bit, or something. Perhaps your system just gets used to things too quickly. The bugs being stirred up likely contributes. Antibiotics generally make me tired. I am surprised they do not make you sleep better.

I will check the next time I go to Adele's for those earwax candles. They would be a good idea. I love how people talk about how alternative therapies do not work. :rolleyes: These are the people that pretend toxic mold does not exist, mercury poisoning does not cause Alzheimer's, and pour poison into their bodies by the ton. Then, they wonder why they have arthritis, headaches, high blood pressure, Diabetes, and everything else.

Alternative therapies are way safer. The side effects of meds alone are terrifying, and often are worse than the condition that they are supposed to treat! My mother was recently given Zetia for her cholesterol. I told her, there are people on the forum that had high cholesterol because they were Celiac, and after avoiding gluten, have had no trouble with it. She opted for the pills. I told her to enjoy that liver failure!

Dear Laura,

Thank you for the link to the vitamins! I wish I could afford those. They seem terrific! That supplement has everything and more! In case I can afford them later, I bookmarked that page.

Dear Andrea,

I am sorry to hear T did not do so well with the plastics treatment. That sure is a tricky one. I hope you do not have to repeat it. If so, maybe next time she could wear gloves. Would that help?

I loved the little Johnny story! :lol: You just have to love those! That poor kid. He thinks his heart is in his bum! Apparently, Grandma did not take Anatomy in school! :P

Dear Julie,

How cool that your mother is a massage therapist! That is a neat job! What all kinds of therapy does she do? Does she do accupressure or anything like that? I bet she has the best gadgets to explore!

Dear tom,

I will not eat a bug! They crawl in places that have gluten! You know how that is! Those things crawl on the table or the counter, where my parents have been eating. For the sake of my intestines, I must be careful! Human Buglight Spice does sound a lot like me! :lol:

I have not gotten to contact the RN yet. She will not be at work until Monday. I am going to contact her tomorrow. I need all the help I can get. The yeast is going to die! I am tired of suffering. Even though it is likely not the whole problem, it is a piece of the puzzle. Any contributing factor I can minimize that is causing my illness needs to be addressed when possible. Small improvements are still better than none!

Wow, that is an old Adobe Acrobat Edition! I have a current one. I got the Microsoft Office Suite. This computer is a couple of years old. However, there are opportunities to upgrade now and then. You also can automatically install Adobe Acrobat for free off of the Internet.

I am sorry to hear John is ill. What is wrong? I hope nothing serious. No Monterey is a bummer! Hopefully, your friend will be better soon. Isn't he the one you are going to share the new place with?

I saw the pics last week! The place looks nice! It does not sound bad at all! Big baths and bedrooms and a nice sized kitchen sound absolutely great! I have come to the conclusion we either need more house or less people and stuff.

You are welcome for the reminder! I still can see that seagull diving for the sausage! I bet that was a real site! You really have made a ton of progress! I just know there are more 9 stage music festivals and barbecues in the future for you! Hey, you know what would be really cool? Having your own show called Tom's Travels!

Going to see Gentle Thunder with may sounds like it was a blast! I have heard of them! I love Native American music. Thanks for the link! I also enjoy Waleila. Have you ever heard them?

You need to take the time to eat! No matter how busy, eating is priority for me! No more going without eating for all day!

Eat small, frequent meals and snacks throughout the day. Just have some stuff readily available, and prep it for the week ahead. Your brain and stomach will thank you!

Yes, the Weed-Eating Tweedle Pigs were before you got here. Susie was telling us about it. You see, she came across this guy who was living in a yurt (a round building hippies often shacked up in), lived back in the woods. All the grass hid his place. There were tons of marijuana plants he was growing back there. One day, some tweedle pigs broke loose and ate the weed! ROTFLMAO!

OMG! Your new place is like a dream come true! You definitely will have to send us pics later. Hey, let me know when you start packing to move. I have some tips to make it easier for you! Moving can be a stressful experience.

Dear Sherry,

I am glad the Ambien works for you. I agree that hormones are a very likely culprit for me. I think I produce too much estrogen. My mother has hormonal problems as well, and has for years. They run on both sides of the family. I know my hormones have never been right, either.

Sincerely,

Jin

Archived