33362 replies to this topic

#21046 tom

tom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:06 AM

Andrea!! I've been meaning to say "Great new avatar!"!! :)

I haven't got much to add except that insomnia used to drive me crazy for many years, beginning well before the celiac symptoms. Going to bed at midnight too tired to read, then being still awake at 3 or 4am suuuuuuuuuuucked! :angry:

Sorry about the tough times some are having right now, and good luck w/ all the tests, treatments, and appts. :)

<seeing a certain Verizon comm'l for the 3rd time>
OMG!! The *NERVE* of Verizon using my name in a new comm'l!!! It's a reporter interviewing some unhealthy double-chin slob (ya! Slob, even tho he's in a suit!) who she identifies w/ MY NAME and the graphic in bottom 1/3rd shows my name!!
I want to sue for defamation!
(Tho it is kind of fun to think that ppl I knew 30 yrs ago will be forced to wonder "whatever happened to murph?" :lol: )

P.S. Countdown to next flight to SJ = 12 hrs!! Yippee! I'm sooooooo tired of 110+ degrees. I think Phx is about to hit a cold snap, so it may be only 104 today!

DONNA! I'm in SJ thru Fri the 31st. If you're feeling pretty good on any day before the 31st, gimme a call. Maybe just when going to WhF anyway, we could hang out & talk for a bit before shopping (and avoiding the cookie aisle!! :lol: ).

<I'm sooooo excited to be signing a lease tomorrow!!!> :D
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#21047 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:23 AM

Carla sounds like you have tried everything re the insomnia, glad the ambien is working. It is not supposed to cause dependence, buy my doc said he is suspicious because people really get to "like" it.

Lucky for me, the insomnia seems to come and go, so I don't need to use Ambien all the time, probably the longest is a 2-3 week period. Usually 5 mg is enough.

I have tried everything ... the past two nights, I've awakened at 2:30AM and been awake for three and a half hours. Isn't the Ambien supposed to help with that???? Ugh. I'm taking 10mg. I'm going to try getting to sleep tonight on my own, then take the Ambien when I wake up at 2 ... we'll see how that works. If I can't get to sleep, then I'll have to take it then, but I'd rather lay awake for an hour when I go to bed than half the night after I've slept some.

<seeing a certain Verizon comm'l for the 3rd time>
OMG!! The *NERVE* of Verizon using my name in a new comm'l!!! It's a reporter interviewing some unhealthy double-chin slob (ya! Slob, even tho he's in a suit!) who she identifies w/ MY NAME and the graphic in bottom 1/3rd shows my name!!
I want to sue for defamation!
(Tho it is kind of fun to think that ppl I knew 30 yrs ago will be forced to wonder "whatever happened to murph?" :lol: )

:lol: :lol:

Umm, from what I'm guessing your name is, I don't think you have a leg to stand on ... neither would someone named "John Smith" ... you just can't get upset when you have a common name ... I never knew how common my name was until I tried to get mortgages and there are other people with my name who don't pay their bills!

Morgan is going to school today. :( :( :(
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#21048 UR Groovy

UR Groovy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:51 AM

Hello all,
Well, Donna (Hi), it looks like I did have a slight reaction yesterday, so, yes, looks like a delayed reaction. In the past it's only taken about 6 hours. I got the heart "ka-thunk" yesterday afternoon (27 hours after my test). It wasn't as severe as it was in the past. It only happened once and I almost passed out in the same breath - and then about 1/2 hour of rapid pulse - although, I can't say that that wasn't due to panic that set in after it happened. Other than that, I kept catching myself biting my nails last night (that had stopped when I 86'd gluten). I can't even say with certainty that either were because of the crouton - though, neither symptom has happened in months. Looks like my sister will enjoy years of torturing me about my paranoia.
It's pretty frustrating (as anyone who's dealt with this can tell you) to try to figure it all out. I'm really considering going to a homeopath or LLMD (though I'm quite certain I don't have Lyme, I've listened to all of you talk about how they will be helpful in finding problems other than lyme) to try and figure all this out. I've been considering it for a while. Seems they've really been able to help you gals out with this (although, this sleeping problem that a few of you are having sounds really difficult. I hope you gals are able to get restful sleep soon). I'm not sure what keeps me from checking into it. I guess there's a little fear there. I'm not even sure what I'm afraid of.

Hi Andrea,
We're going to the Windward side of Oahu in October. My father was stationed on Oahu when I was a kid, so we kind of consider it home - we try to go every year. My husband has really enjoyed the last few trips over. We stay in this beautiful area where civilians can't go unless they're sponsored by military. It's pretty wonderful because it's quite secluded from tourists and the cabins are about 50 yards away from the shore. It's like a retreat. I can't wait - fresh air, beautiful sunrises, some time with my Mom, full kitchen - and a super inexpensive vacation (thank goodness - we're strapped - it's all my fault). We're really looking forward to it.

Have great days everybody

#21049 NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl

Slayer Spice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:51 AM

Dear Donna,
I am glad you enjoyed the kamakaze bug story! :lol: I do not know what it is with those things! I have decided it is timem to use an insulated mug with a lid! That will fix it! Unless those suckers can teleport, they are going to have to find a new way to end it all! :lol:

Things have been very quiet on here lately! I am glad some other people are popping in again. Charlie and Sherry are back! That is wonderful! I wish Susie and Bev would post more often. Hopefully, Lisa will update us on her situation soon.

Did you see why I wrote about the quartz chrystals yesterday? I wanted to make sure you saw that. I think it could help your situation. There is no way you will get better if you keep being drained from those energy suckers! They also are good for other things, like psychic abilities and communicating with the higher self.

Dear Julie,
I do not have a clue as to when I will get the chance to tape the cooking show. Dad is my camera man. I will have to ask my grandparents about borrowing their kitchen. Plus, I will have to lug all that cookware over to their house! :blink:
Talk about having your work cut out for you!

The portable chi machine would be a better bet I would think. You could take it anywhere! Also, people who only have an apartment would do well with one. Sometimes a lack of space is problematic. We have a house, but you would not know it with every square inch of the floor being covered by some kind of out-dated electronic equipment, or dog stuff.

I am not surprised that you were dehydrated from that low-carb diet. One of my aunts is on Atkins. I do not know how anyone could stick with it. I am a carb person. I really think The Zone is better. It is all about balance, and it makes sense.

Dear Mia,
I am glad the colonics seemed to help. They can be very beneficial for numerous things. I heard a number of celebrities do them. Weightloss is what many people do them for, but flushing out parasites is very important. The yeast might be released as well.

That C can be terribly uncomfortable. :( I normally do not stay constipated for more than a couple days at a time. When I do, it usually clears itself up. Plums always have helped me. I know some people who could not even get relief with that, though.

The IVs probably do help. Being dehydrated can cause you to be miserable and sick. Severe fatigue is one of the first symptoms of it. Most people are dehydrated, which makes them eat too much and gain weight. Much of the time, they are actually just thirsty, not hungry. In the meantime, you take it easy, and update us when you are up to it!

I had a very rough day the other day. I have no idea what exactly the trouble was. My body is nuts. I have someone who was kind enough to point me in the direction of an RN who specializes in Candida. I am anxious to give her a call or e-mail her. :)

Dear Carla,
I think we all are very worried about Lisa. No one has heard from her lately that I know of. :unsure: The chelator she was supposed to take might be very hard on her. That is a huge concern. She is between a rock and a hard place with the mercury.

Thank you for the Susie update. I suppose I will need to look for her on the other thread! Hopefully, I will get time! The Finance is taking practically every waking moment of my energy and time. :angry: I am glad Susie has found someone, although she is mum on details. As long as she is happy! :)

It sounds like the sleeping trouble is back. That is awful! I am not one to do sleeping pills. However, I am like you where I am very sensitive to light and sound. Ear plugs might cause me trouble, due to the ear wax overload, though. I could make candles with all that gunk that comes out of my ears! I have to clean them out four times a day at times!

I hate yeast extract! :angry: They put that crap in everything! Thai Kitchen puts it in their stuff, and that means I am going to have to stop eating it. :( Stupid Candida! I must not be sensitive to MSG, because I eat the flavored potato chips fine. That was surprising, because a lot of people cannot eat them.

The yeast extract is irritating the crap out of me, though. I cannot believe all they sneak it into. It is hard enough to go gluten-free, but then having to get rid of yeast is a royal pain. There are so many foods that promote its growth or feed it. Watch out for lunchmeats like Carl Buddig. I found out it has it in there. Why do they have to put that stuff in some of that? It is not like it needs to rise.

I know you are going to miss Morgan while she as at school! Don't worry, Thanksgiving will be here before you know it!
The breaks here coincide with the Fall Festival. Are you going to come? Have you gone to it? I hate that I cannot eat anything, but oh well.

Dear tom,
I hope you can help Rachel. It is important to view those pages! If you miss one lousy thing, those articles may not make sense. That is something I normally do not have to deal with. I think it is due to having broadband service.

ROFLMAO! The nerve of Verizon! How could they do such a thing? What is wrong with these people! I say sue. There are more ridiculous lawsuits. I would like to sue these entertainment news shows for boring me and insulting my intelligence.

Hey, aren't you going to Monterey tomorrow? What all do you plan to do there? Have a grilling party with some sausage stealing seagulls, perhaps? :lol: That was so funny! Maybe they know those weed eating tweedle pigs Susie told us about?

Yay! You get to sign a lease! What is the place like? Details need to be given! Can you send a picture? That would be nice.

Dear Sherry,
Citricidal sounds like a good product. I will keep that one in mind. You never know when you might need something like that. You had amoebas, too? So did Claire! Mia had one, too. His name was Gus. I am not sure if he is still hanging around.

I am glad you seem to be doing so well! That is encouraging! Just do what you can when you can! We will be here! I hope your mercury levels are not bad. You said this winter you will return to Oregon?

Dear Kat,
Those strange symptoms sound scary! I have heart palpitations. My Thyroid is off. Getting glutened makes my heart pound sometimes. The MSG is notorious for that, however. That is a good possibility.

Thank you for not diving into my coffee! Gnats always do that, too! What they are thinking at the time, I do not know. Of course, it is accidental if they are flying over it while it is hot. Their wings will get stuck together if there is steam. Then, they just fall right in.

You are so lucky! Hawaii is heavenly from what I hear! My cousin and her family live in Honolulu. Her husband is in the military. That trip is going to be absolutely divine!

Dear Rachel,
Thank you for the MSG containing food list. That is good to have. My mother is sensitive to it. She has high blood pressure, so you can imagine the nasty stuff it does to her. My brother has a gastric reaction, and so does my grandfather.

Have you decided what type of chi machine you will get yet? The links you provided showed some nice models. I have no idea which one I would want. I would probably get the least expensive. If I was rich, I may spring for a deluxe model!

That is interesting about the almonds. I had no idea GSE and Vitamin C could kill fungus. Mold be gone! :P I wonder if you could make a solution of that and kill mold on other things with it. What do you think? Or does it only work on food?

Great scientificness on Citricidal! This supplement sure can do a lot! I love multi-purpose stuff! Those Clorox disinfecting wipes are terrific, for instance. Citricidal seems to be like Clorox for your body! How wonderful is that?

Dear Andrea,
The bugs do not just land in my coffee! It seems not to matter what I am drinking. If I put it in a mug, some depressed insect will find its way in there! :blink: Diet Rite has also had the same result. So has cranberry juice. I don't know if they just fly over the cup and yell "Goodbye cruel world!" before diving in, or what.

Dear Charlie,
That is unreal all that yeast extract is in. Glutamates are bad news for many reasons. My primary concern is it aggravating the Candida. I cannot chance anymore problems. It just sucks that it is hard enough finding stuff I can eat having to not eat gluten, and the yeast extract really is in a lot. Thank you for the info, by the way!

Sincerely,
NoGluGirl
Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985
Asthma - 1994
Ovarian Cyst - May 1999
Anemia - 2000
4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000
Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative
Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy
Fibromyalgia - June 2001
IBS - June 2001
Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.
Thyroid Disease - August 2004
Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

#21050 confusedks

confusedks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:03 AM

Kassandra, beautiful picture. I have a 17 year old son ... wink.gif laugh.gif

LOL!!! That's so funny! I was gone at a celiac camp and we were all joking about meeting guys with celiac disease...but it didn't happen. ;)

Kassandra
Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007
Gluten Free- May 2007
Soy Free- August 2007
Sugar Free- January 2008
Starch Free- January 2008
Egg Free (again!)- February 2008
Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

#21051 NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl

Slayer Spice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:20 AM

Dear Kassandra,
That is so funny! I wondered if there were Celiac camps. I doubt there is one around here. Evansville is not exactly a happening and up to date type of place compared to where you live. I want to move to L.A., and have for quite some time.

Sincerely,
Jin
Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985
Asthma - 1994
Ovarian Cyst - May 1999
Anemia - 2000
4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000
Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative
Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy
Fibromyalgia - June 2001
IBS - June 2001
Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.
Thyroid Disease - August 2004
Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

#21052 confusedks

confusedks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:40 AM

Jin,
It was actually in Northern California. I flew up there. It was a lot of fun, except I was sick for 3 out of 4 days! :( But the food was good (well, the gluten free, soy free, nut free, dairy free food I was actually able to eat!) It was funny I was at celiac camp and needed "special food"!!!! :)

Kassandra
Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007
Gluten Free- May 2007
Soy Free- August 2007
Sugar Free- January 2008
Starch Free- January 2008
Egg Free (again!)- February 2008
Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

#21053 Cruiser Bob

Cruiser Bob

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:44 AM

Jin,
It was actually in Northern California. I flew up there. It was a lot of fun, except I was sick for 3 out of 4 days! :( But the food was good (well, the gluten free, soy free, nut free, dairy free food I was actually able to eat!) It was funny I was at celiac camp and needed "special food"!!!! :)

Kassandra

GIG has two gluten-free camps also. One on Vashon Island outside Seattle, WA. The other is upper mid-west? - lakes area? Cynthia is always looking for volunteer cooks (I've done it twice - it's really nice to see the reaction when you say YES, you may eat that). My kids (15,17) just got home from 10 days of fun in the sun at GIG camp. They've been going for the past 7-8 years. Bob

#21054 dlp252

dlp252

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:13 AM

Phew, they're keeping me busy at work today...court filings....aaaacckk!!

DONNA! I'm in SJ thru Fri the 31st. If you're feeling pretty good on any day before the 31st, gimme a call. Maybe just when going to WhF anyway, we could hang out & talk for a bit before shopping (and avoiding the cookie aisle!! :lol: ).

<I'm sooooo excited to be signing a lease tomorrow!!!> :D

Congratulations on the lease!!! I have to laugh at the shopping thing though...I go when the first open and believe me when I say I'm done and on my way home 20 minutes later. :lol: Doesn't take long when you buy the same things every week. I'm actually surprised some of the stockers haven't started throwing my stuff to me from the aisles. :lol: (Actually most of this is driven by the fact that I see my mother and aunt most Saturday mornings and they want me there early, lol.)

I'll have to see how things go, but I have jury duty starting Monday. :(

Pssst.....if I really wanted to get to that cookie aisle I doubt you could stop me. :P :lol: :ph34r:

I have tried everything ... the past two nights, I've awakened at 2:30AM and been awake for three and a half hours. Isn't the Ambien supposed to help with that???? Ugh. I'm taking 10mg. I'm going to try getting to sleep tonight on my own, then take the Ambien when I wake up at 2 ... we'll see how that works. If I can't get to sleep, then I'll have to take it then, but I'd rather lay awake for an hour when I go to bed than half the night after I've slept some.

Congratulations??!!?? on Morgan going to school. :lol: (Sorry Morgan, lol!)

Yeah, my 400mg of 5-HTP did nothing for me last night, and in fact was more restless than ever. :( I think it's just too darned hot in my room. It was 78.something this morning when I woke up. Maybe I need to turn the fan directly on me.

It's pretty frustrating (as anyone who's dealt with this can tell you) to try to figure it all out. I'm really considering going to a homeopath or LLMD (though I'm quite certain I don't have Lyme, I've listened to all of you talk about how they will be helpful in finding problems other than lyme) to try and figure all this out. I've been considering it for a while. Seems they've really been able to help you gals out with this (although, this sleeping problem that a few of you are having sounds really difficult. I hope you gals are able to get restful sleep soon). I'm not sure what keeps me from checking into it. I guess there's a little fear there. I'm not even sure what I'm afraid of.

Bummer about the delayed reaction...I HATE, HATE, HATE them! If I could associate the pain immediately with the transgression it would help to avoid stuff, lol.

Ah, you almost make me miss Hawaii...lived there for 6 years many moons ago.

Well, not sure exactly what is driving my insomnia...I go to sleep just fine and stay asleep until about midnight...then it's waking up every hour just about on the hour...the amount of time I'm awake varies...on a good night I fall asleep again very quickly...on a not so good night I'm awake for quite some time each time. My doctor seems pretty certain it's the lyme though, and the time frame for when this all started sort of fits the time frame when I think I may have been contracted the stupid thing (or at least when it started to affect my health). I like both of my "doctors"...both the LLMD and the "alternative" BioSET lady have been instrumental in helping me figure all this out and ordering tests and stuff. They compliment each other, and fortunately they "know" each other, which makes it a whole lot easier in some respects.

I am glad you enjoyed the kamakaze bug story! :lol: I do not know what it is with those things! I have decided it is timem to use an insulated mug with a lid! That will fix it! Unless those suckers can teleport, they are going to have to find a new way to end it all! :lol:
Did you see why I wrote about the quartz chrystals yesterday? I wanted to make sure you saw that. I think it could help your situation. There is no way you will get better if you keep being drained from those energy suckers! They also are good for other things, like psychic abilities and communicating with the higher self.

Yes, I did see the stuff about the crystals...sorry I didn't mention it. I'll probably look for one this weekend. I might have a polished one, lol.

And re the bugs...you could always use a sippy cup. :lol: Sorry, cracking myself up here.

#21055 diamondheart

diamondheart

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:21 AM

Hello All,

I'm back in Colorado. I haven't posted since I returned because 1) I've been busy, 2) I got a copy of the last Harry Potter book and I'm waaaay more interested in that lately :) , and 3) we are being watched at work :ph34r: , so I gotta keep this short.

I'm posting now because I won't be able to after work since I have my next LED treatment!

Heres the link to Scotts page...the link for the LED article is near the bottom of the page.
http://www.betterhea...o...3&Itemid=75

Here is the link to the article but not sure if it'll work...
http://www.betterhea...ies/PDF/LED.pdf

You should be given a list of things to avoid for each substance that is treated....because if you come in contact with the substance treated (i.e. using toothpaste/shampoo that contains sodium lauryl sulfate after the LED for sulfa) it can cancel out your treatment.

You are also suppossed to avoid the substance treated for 2 hours before the LED. Its 2 hours before and 25 hours after.

I opened the article that Rachel sent me a link to a while back, and I was surprised to see my ART lady's picture on the article! She wrote it :lol: ! I don't know, but she's not as strict as Rachel's ART people about what to avoid afterwards.

Anyhoo, I'll let you know how it turns out. Gotta go!

Claire

#21056 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

Andrea!! I've been meaning to say "Great new avatar!"!! :)

Thanks. :)

Yay! On the lease!!!! :D

Morgan is going to school today. :( :( :(

I know you'll miss her but as someone said Thanksgiving isn't too far away. Are you going to try to get over there to see her again this year?

We're going to the Windward side of Oahu in October.

Sounds absolutely wonderful on all counts! You two should have a blast. :D

Anyhoo, I'll let you know how it turns out. Gotta go!

Hope all goes well with your LED today....Rachel has hers today too.

We got back from our about 2:15.

T had a redo of MEK and also the fungal. M had the halo and S had the gold and halo. Dr. E said that T is the first she's done for the MEK because parents don't want to deal with trying to avoid plastics. T hasn't done very well already since I forgot her gloves and the seat belt clip is plastic. Hopefully just repeating it will help. I'm hoping she won't have the pain again.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#21057 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

and a super inexpensive vacation

Hawaii? Super inexpensive? How great is that?!

I could make candles with all that gunk that comes out of my ears! I have to clean them out four times a day at times!

We can call you Shreck! Have you tried ear candles? Seriously! They're for melting the wax out of your ears ... they work great.

I know you are going to miss Morgan while she as at school! Don't worry, Thanksgiving will be here before you know it!
The breaks here coincide with the Fall Festival. Are you going to come? Have you gone to it? I hate that I cannot eat anything, but oh well.

No, Thanksgiving is a LONG way away!!

We're ripping out our kitchen in Oct., hoping it's done by Thanksgiving ...

I don't know about the Fall Festival.

Kassandra, beautiful picture. I have a 17 year old son ... wink.gif laugh.gif

LOL!!! That's so funny! I was gone at a celiac camp and we were all joking about meeting guys with celiac disease...but it didn't happen. ;)

Kassandra

He doesn't have celiac disease, but he's educated on the gluten-free diet! Totally obnoxious kid ... not that that's news to you, that's just the definition of 17 year old boy!
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#21058 mftnchn

mftnchn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, Carla, same for me. I have done this quite a bit--take the Ambien when I wake up about 1-2 am.

Have you ever tried skipping two days of your meds/ supplements (maybe one at a time?) to see if any of them are impacting you? I have discovered a several of those kinds of problems with stuff that isn't known for causing insomnia.
4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels

#21059 Clark Bent as Stupor-Man

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

anyone have a recommendation for a multi-vitamin?... free of the common allergens, yeast, any bad binders/additives... I ran out of my multi-vitamin (Pure Multi T/D) and won't be able to get it again for a week or 2... figure I might try something else for now...
- Charlie

- gluten free since January, 2006

- multiple food intolerances temporarily from leaky gut and candida

- positive test for lyme disease - April, 2007

#21060 miamia

miamia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:08 AM

hey all-

Donna , carla-
sorry to hear the insomnia is so bad i can relate. I ahve no problem falling asleep usually in fact i am usually so tired at night I basically pass out but I wake up often and on the worst days i can't fall back asleep and I am talking absurd hours!!!

Jin-
Sorry to hear you had a rough day hopefully today is better.

So yesturday i had a saline IV I only did half of what my doctor wanted me to. I wanted to see how my body reacted plus i was having a hard time sitting still and didn't think i would make it through an hour iv treatment without ripping my hair out. I kind of lost it in the office i saw my doctor after my iv and i just started bawling and asking him how it was possible for me to feel so bad all the time!!! We talked for a while he was very good. I know he is really busy but he took me into his office and we went over a few things. So I still feel really out of it and frustrated but alittle calmer.

Rachel-
I can't wait to hear about your latest session.

Julie-
Do you just have every fun gadget out there??? I have to come visit you to try them all out (and to see you) Oh that would be so nice........One day.

Oh I got hooked up with the most amazing dentist and i will be getting my fillings out on Thursday!!!!It looks like next week is going to be another crazy week.

Miamia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: