This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

I'll be curious what your toxicity score is whenever they test for it again.

Donna,

I hope we get a report tomorrow. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice
Donna....its a good question...I dont really know but my *guess* is that it would still show up in BioSET. When I was worried about getting a "false" negative from BioSET (since he was wanting this test for confirmation after Igenix) he told me that BioSET is overly sensitive. It will pick up everything that is there but it will also pick up stuff thats not really problematic.

Yep, this is what I was afraid of, lol. However, heavy metal toxicity can cause all of the symptoms I have too, and I think I'd rather have that than Lyme, but I just don't want anything to get overlooked. I think questioning our diagnosis is sometimes just a way to make sure nothing is overlooked.

I did show problems with all the things related to candida and mold, so I guess it's pretty clear...I just question everything these days.

When you tested for Lyme did you go through that whole panel?? When she tested me there was 2 or 3 trays...alot of vials. If you went through all of these and had absolutely nothing show up....I'm pretty sure you dont need to worry. On your report does it say "No Positives" for Lyme and co-infectants??
I did have some bacteria come up, but not lyme. She only did one tray for lyme. It had two rows, with several vials but only the one tray.

The girl (Susan) always comments on my readings during the treatments....on how severly stuff is bringing me down or how much stuff I end up needing cleared. I always feel like I'm really bad off....well...I guess I kind of am....but still. :ph34r:

I dont know if this is just how she is in general or if I'm just a big mess. :unsure:

I'm curious if she acts this way with you too.

Yep, she's like that with me as well. She explains everything she is doing and why and what it's affecting, which is kind of nice, but I just wish I could remember more, lol.

I just realized that you might not have a detailed summary of your results. I only have this because she had to write up a report for my Dr. Its more detailed than what she gave me after my initial testing.

Everything that shows up in BioSET seems to correspond perfectly with what is going on with me. I dont think the treatments themselves are working for me. She said stuff can get re-sensitized if toxicity level goes up....but mine is still way up there....I think its too high to stay de-sensitized for even 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

Toxicity is the reason I got all of these sensitivities in the first place and I know nothing has changed with me having all this candida and eating all this ice cream everyday. :ph34r:

I remember reading from another girl with Lyme who had as severe intolerances like I do. When she went through BioSET it worked for her and she no longer reacted to food and environmental things. I think she had her Lyme under control though because she wrote that whenever she came under stress her Lyme would flare up....she'd re-sensitize to things and have to go back in and get re-treated...and then she'd be ok again.

I did get a summary. My drainage was very good: 1/15. My toxicity was 7/15, higher than they like, and it was affecting my lymphs, sinuses, and colon. My nutrient absorption was 7/15 and is affecting my joints, kidneys, and uterus if I had one, lol.

The girls success with BioSET is very encouraging. I was just telling my mom last night that I didn't have much confidence that they could "clear" me of my intolerances, but was trying to keep an open, hopeful mind.

Inflammation didn't show up as a problem on mine, but maybe that's because I had been (and still am) taking Prilosec and Prevacid for a while before my testing...I'm almost positive that inflammation is a problem for me.

I'm always checking to see if small intestine ever shows up in any tests....it never does. I always see stomach and large intestine showing up. The large intestine (colon) is where candida lives....also some bad bacteria like C.Diff.

This time my small intestine showed up....my small intestine has imflammation. Isnt this where the food gets absorbed?? So yeah...I must have leaky gut and poor nutrient absorption.

My small intestine has showed up several times. On the initial testing and then again last week during my treatment for acids and protein metabolism. It's the "il" (can't spell it) part of the small intestine, that is showing up. Last week it showed up a couple of times, but definitely as something that is affected by my lack of ability to digest and metabolize proteins and acids. :(

Another question for Anna if I see her today is about garlic. Garlic showed up as a food to avoid for me, but I'm wondering if taking it supplement form would work any differently? I'd rather take that than Nystatin for sure.

Andrea - no worries, I'll post. Mine aren't as detailed as Rachel's though...mostly cuz I just can't remember it all and sometimes have trouble putting it into words. :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

The Chronicles of BioSET, lol:

Today was heavy metals. I had a very full large glass. :lol: This was a large tray (3 rows of vials...maybe 15-20 vials in a row)...I reacted to all except approximately 8 of them! Amalgam and mercury were definite issues. I can't even remember all of the ones I reacted to...she did write them down, but I didn't get a copy of it. Some of the questions I asked were, by treating me for heavy metals today, what exactly did that mean. Basically she said that if I came into contact with them it wouldn't be a problem. I'm skeptical. :ph34r: I also asked if it made a difference that I still had amalgams in...would that mean I would need to be retreated for it. She said to remind her when the amalgam is all out and they'll retest.

I reacted to NICKEL, which is probably a large part of why I can't wear jewelry anymore. Hopefully since she treated me, I can wear earrings...I'll test it out tomorrow. I reacted to cadmium, chromium, you name it. Oddly lead was okay, lol.

The metals are affecting just about everything! My sinuses, joints, emotions...everything. DISEASE came up. I asked what that means and she said either I HAVE or am DEVELOPING a disease relating or connected to the metals. YIKES!! What the heck is that all about??? I forgot to ask if now that I'm treated it won't develop. :ph34r: What kind of disease could metals cause? Will do some research this weekend.

The metals were also reacting with my one or more of my vitamins (either the ones naturally produced in my body, or in the supplements I'm taking) somehow...she didn't know how, but that should be okay now too. I got to thinking about this later (on the way home of course)...Anna gave me chlorella on my initial exam, which from what I've been reading on the mercury boards pulls the mercury out of the tissues. I only took that supplement while I was taking the Pectasol, which is another supplement that binds with the *floating* mercury as it is freed from the tissue, so hopefully it all got flushed out of my system. I think I'll definitely want help with detox from a knowledgeable doctor on this. I don't think I want to mess around with any of it.

The good news is that my energy was much higher than last week, and even higher than the first day I was tested. I actually DO feel physically like my energy is really good.

I did ask about the antibiotics or other meds affecting the testing...she said usually not, but in the case of the prevacid/prilosec, she said possibly, but that if I had Anna test it, then she knew about it and it probably didn't affect anything.

I forgot to ask about the garlic though. :(

I DID find really cute top at Kohl's, lol. Very cute. Crocheted, the sleeves are crocheted, and the body is also crocheted, but has a *tee-shirt* liner. Can't wait until the weather warms up a little in order to wear it. I may have to buy some other colors next week if they still have them on sale.

Oh, speaking of heat. Heat came up today in relation to the metals...she said I was hot (no, not hot like that, lol). I said, um, no, I haven't been able to get warm. She said it was showing I was hot. What does that mean, lol?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I think questioning our diagnosis is sometimes just a way to make sure nothing is overlooked.

Yeah...I'm paranoid about stuff getting overlooked. :unsure:

I did have some bacteria come up, but not lyme. She only did one tray for lyme. It had two rows, with several vials but only the one tray.
Maybe if you have no problems with the first tray you dont need to continue. Probably the other tray or trays that I did were co-infections.

Yep, she's like that with me as well. She explains everything she is doing and why and what it's affecting, which is kind of nice, but I just wish I could remember more, lol.

Yeah...she goes alot slower than Anna does and explains everything as she goes. The other lady is like this too except she has more knowledge about illness so she can answer questions. I dont think Susan knows alot about chronic illness....she just knows how to run the test.

I did get a summary. My drainage was very good: 1/15.
Wow...mine was 11...wanna trade?? :lol::lol:

Inflammation didn't show up as a problem on mine, but maybe that's because I had been (and still am) taking Prilosec and Prevacid for a while before my testing...I'm almost positive that inflammation is a problem for me.

I dont see anything about imflammation on my summary report or my treatment plan so I wasnt expecting it when I went last Thursday...but I knew I would do poorly. :(

Another question for Anna if I see her today is about garlic. Garlic showed up as a food to avoid for me, but I'm wondering if taking it supplement form would work any differently? I'd rather take that than Nystatin for sure.

Garlic is one of my bad foods too...but so is ice cream. :P

I also had problems with sulfur...I dont know if its any better after the sulfur pathway treatment but I'm eating the garlic. I just wanna kill yeast. ;)

I feel like I'm getting die-off...hopefully its not allergic reaction. :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Donna,

That was very interesting about your appt. I admit, I don't know much about it all, but I do believe that these principals based on energies make a lot of sense.

Your top sounds very cute :D I love Kohl's! Just before my surgery, I bought 2 pair of sweat pants there and a white hoodie. Can't wait till I get back into my regular jeans and things, though. Then it'll be time to do a little spring shopping. (any excuse :ph34r: )

Very good to hear that your energy is better. Something else I was going to say, but I forgot :huh:

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh and my heart and neuro something or other (brain) was also affected. :(

dlp252 Apprentice
Maybe if you have no problems with the first tray you dont need to continue. Probably the other tray or trays that I did were co-infections.

Yeah...she goes alot slower than Anna does and explains everything as she goes. The other lady is like this too except she has more knowledge about illness so she can answer questions. I dont think Susan knows alot about chronic illness....she just knows how to run the test.

Wow...mine was 11...wanna trade?? :lol::lol:

I dont see anything about imflammation on my summary report or my treatment plan so I wasnt expecting it when I went last Thursday...but I knew I would do poorly. :(

Garlic is one of my bad foods too...but so is ice cream. :P

I also had problems with sulfur...I dont know if its any better after the sulfur pathway treatment but I'm eating the garlic. I just wanna kill yeast. ;)

I feel like I'm getting die-off...hopefully its not allergic reaction. :rolleyes:

I was thinking maybe she only did the one tray because nothing came up on it...so I think you're probably right about that.

We'll see if inflammation comes up later for me. I thought it came up during my initial testing, but didn't see anything on my report...now that I know yours didn't either, I'll just wait and see.

When she tested my supplements she said I should only take 2 of the Vitamin C capsules a day, but I've been taking between 4-8 every day since Dr. Rick said to, but only because it does seem to be helping my sore throat. Maybe I'll pick up some garlic. I don't think it's the sulfur part that is my problem, although sulfer did show up on the metals panel...eggs were okay for me, so I'm not sure what that all means, lol.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice
Hi Donna,

That was very interesting about your appt. I admit, I don't know much about it all, but I do believe that these principals based on energies make a lot of sense.

Your top sounds very cute :D I love Kohl's! Just before my surgery, I bought 2 pair of sweat pants there and a white hoodie. Can't wait till I get back into my regular jeans and things, though. Then it'll be time to do a little spring shopping. (any excuse :ph34r: )

Very good to hear that your energy is better. Something else I was going to say, but I forgot :huh:

Ha, I DO think I remember how wonderful it was to wear regular clothing after my surgery, lol. :lol: It's funny cuz I live within walking distance of a Kohl's but have never been in there, but I'll drive 20 minutes and shop at one. :lol: I do manage to find stuff there, so don't know why I don't go more often.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Donna, when I first started going to BioSET and had all of my first treatments (for the pathways and other things) my energy was always good when I got there and still good when they would do the "brain testing" (to see if you can handle the treatment).

When I did the mold/yeast panels my energy went way down. It was fine when I got there and then with all the stuff in the glass I was really weak. :(

Same thing with the wheat/gluten panel....very weak.

Same thing with the thyroid panel.....really weak.

Same thing with the imflammation panel....weak.

Also my food panel...with the fruits, grains, nuts, seeds and fish....when we were testing my brain Anna said "Uh-oh".

If the bar slips when they test your brain....it means you cant handle the treatment.

For all these recent treatments the bar has struggled to go up...I can hear it and see it on the screen.

I think these are all my worst problems.

I still have to do the Lyme panel....and heavy metals.

I've noticed that sometimes I actually "feel" physically drained (energy wise) by the time we get to the brain testing...whereas I felt fine when I first got there. Its happened a few times.....especially with the last imflammation treatment...I almost fell asleep in the room. :mellow:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Oh.....during the brain testing at my last appt....the bar was hardly going up....we watched it and very slowly it got up to 30. Susan said "Well...its holding....as long as it doesnt "slip" thats all we care about."

So I guess its ok as long as the bar doesnt start going down......that was my understanding. I'm gonna ask Anna to explain that part...cuz lately my bar hardly goes up....so I'm obviously really weak with the bad stuff in my glass. :unsure:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Patti and Donna.....YAY for shopping and CUTE clothes!!!! :D:D

I've never been to Kohl's....Donna, where is it?? I'll have to check it out.

Patti.....I hope you'll be getting back into your jeans very soon and also when you feel better you should get lots of new spring/summer clothes.....cuz of course you DESERVE it. :D

dlp252 Apprentice
Patti and Donna.....YAY for shopping and CUTE clothes!!!! :D:D

I've never been to Kohl's....Donna, where is it?? I'll have to check it out.

Patti.....I hope you'll be getting back into your jeans very soon and also when you feel better you should get lots of new spring/summer clothes.....cuz of course you DESERVE it. :D

If you go in entrance 1 and walk past Starbucks and Delicate Balance, turn left when you hit the main mall...it's only a little ways around the corner...very close!

dlp252 Apprentice
Oh.....during the brain testing at my last appt....the bar was hardly going up....we watched it and very slowly it got up to 30. Susan said "Well...its holding....as long as it doesnt "slip" thats all we care about."

So I guess its ok as long as the bar doesnt start going down......that was my understanding. I'm gonna ask Anna to explain that part...cuz lately my bar hardly goes up....so I'm obviously really weak with the bad stuff in my glass. :unsure:

Yah, last week mine slipped a little, but held at 36 or 38. This week it all held. There's that one thing where you touch the right temple then the left...my right side is always stronger. The left side is always much less, and coincidentally the left is the side where all my muscle pain and stiffness in my neck is, and is also the side where I'm having the throbbing pain since my dental work a couple of weeks ago. She and I both thought that was interesting, lol. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

My favorite store is Abercrombie and Fitch. I went on a pretty big shopping spree a couple weeks ago....I had a gift certificate which should have been plenty enough.....but noooo....I spent WAY more. :o

Oh well...I LOVE the clothes I got...but especially a white puffy jacket with a fur hood that I've wanted for 2 years now. Its usually $200 and it just so happened that the day I was there they had them marked 50% off!! I'm still super excited that I got that jacket. :)

I also got 2 new jeans (they have the BEST jeans)....a really cute sporty shirt with a hood and a few other shirts. I also got 2 nice sweaters with hoods also 50% off.

The only problem with Abercrombie is that they spray all their clothes with perfume!! :o

It totally sucks because they're my favorite store since before I got sick but now I have to wash all the clothes...sometimes up to 3 times before I can ever wear them.

Thank God my new Jacket was somehow spared.

I couldnt wash my new sweaters cuz they're dry clean only so my mom took them to the cleaners and it helped but we might have to take them back again...especially one of them that still smells like perfume. :(

I dont think its right and I want to complain about it but I know it wont do any good. :(

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, when I first started going to BioSET and had all of my first treatments (for the pathways and other things) my energy was always good when I got there and still good when they would do the "brain testing" (to see if you can handle the treatment).

When I did the mold/yeast panels my energy went way down. It was fine when I got there and then with all the stuff in the glass I was really weak. :(

Same thing with the wheat/gluten panel....very weak.

Same thing with the thyroid panel.....really weak.

Same thing with the imflammation panel....weak.

Also my food panel...with the fruits, grains, nuts, seeds and fish....when we were testing my brain Anna said "Uh-oh".

If the bar slips when they test your brain....it means you cant handle the treatment.

For all these recent treatments the bar has struggled to go up...I can hear it and see it on the screen.

I think these are all my worst problems.

I still have to do the Lyme panel....and heavy metals.

I've noticed that sometimes I actually "feel" physically drained (energy wise) by the time we get to the brain testing...whereas I felt fine when I first got there. Its happened a few times.....especially with the last imflammation treatment...I almost fell asleep in the room. :mellow:

I'm pretty interested in seeing how the wheat panel and food panels affect me. I felt really tired and drained last week, but so far not to bad today, although I think I really could just go pop in a movie and lay on the couch for a while. :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice
The only problem with Abercrombie is that they spray all their clothes with perfume!! :o

I think I've only been in a AF store a couple of times...what the heck is wrong with them, lol. Why on earth would they put perfume on the clothing? Sheesh! Stupid perfume! I'm not nearly as sensitive to it as you are, but I could NEVER wear something that had perfume on it. I can't even stand next to someone for very long if they are wearing it without at least getting a headache and itchy, puffy eyes.

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh, and it's our duty to spend more than the gift certificate, lol. It's a law. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Oh, and it's our duty to spend more than the gift certificate, lol. It's a law. :lol:

:lol::lol:

Well at least I know I'm not breaking any laws! :P

I'm a law-abiding citizen. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
If you go in entrance 1 and walk past Starbucks and Delicate Balance, turn left when you hit the main mall...it's only a little ways around the corner...very close!

DUH :ph34r:

Would that be the BIG store you can see from the parking lot with HUGE letters spelling out KOHLS???

Stupid brainfog. :angry:

I dont really shop at that mall...I always go to Valley Fair.....I get lost in there though. Ever since they expanded VF I'm like a lost tourist. :rolleyes:

Also...no matter what day...or what time I go....I always have to park on the roof.....theres soooo much parking but never can I find an empty spot. <_<

AndreaB Contributor

Donna,

I don't know a lot about mercury and disease but my doctor did mention some kind of machine that was being tested/used to detect early or pre breast cancer. In women in California that underwent the test the ones who came up with a "hot" spot in a breast had corresponding amalgams (maybe root canals too) and the same side. So mercury/root canals are behind leading to cancers and other problems. With the root canals it would probably be the cavitations.

I still find all this stuff very intereting. I'll have to try and remember to call and ask my doctor's wife about this. I tried calling her this week but she is in California with her new grandson.

NoGluGirl Contributor
No....enzymes arent going to stop an immune reaction to gluten. If you have leaky gut (do you have problems with lots of food?) and gluten is leaking into your bloodstream causing your immune system to attack...an enzymes is not going to solve the problem.

You can still get the same symptoms from gluten intolerance...even if its not Celiac. Half of the people on this site do not have Celiac but still have an immune response to gluten that is no less harmful than having Celiac. You can still get an autoimmune response to gluten that does not specifically damage the intestinal villi. It would not be Celiac though.

If it were as simple as taking a digestive enzyme....half of the people on this site would be perfectly fine and out drinking beer and having pizza...but unfortunately it doesnt work that way. :(

It sounds good though!

Enzymes can help with digestion and relieve symptoms that can result from improper digestion....they can sometimes help reduce allergic-type reactions by helping to break down the food. It wont help much in a situation where gluten is triggering an immune response....whether its autoimmune or not....its going to continue to cause imflammation to your intestinal lining and cause all sorts of other problems and symptoms.

People with candida issues especially should not eat gluten grains.

Its possible you have Celiac but hard to know without any testing. Either way you should stay away from gluten.....its only going to worsen whatever else might be going on.

Yeah...I'm very familiar with feeling weird all over. :(

Its difficult to explain to anyone who cant relate....it seems kind of crazy sometimes. Almost like it cant possibly be real...how does a healthy body get so broken?? :unsure:

I know all of the feelings you're describing all too well. I'm actually much much better now than I used to be. For a couple of years I couldnt get out of bed much, couldnt think clearly at all, couldnt remember anything, couldnt drive, slept more than 15 hrs a day, had pain from head to toe and really bad depression. Alot of weird things like numbness and tingling...random shooting pains....stuff like that.

Lyme is everywhere.....its all over the US...its not "rare" at all. Here is the risk map for Indiana....

Open Original Shared Link

Its actually pretty prevelant in Indiana.

Heres a risk map for the whole US.

Open Original Shared Link

Also ticks dont care about borders....they dont just stay in one area....thats why the disease has spread to all states and here in California its been found in nearly every county.

Its definately something to look into....see if it might fit. Unfortunately if you did have lyme its not something that you can treat w/out the help of a knowledgable doctor.

It is true that Lyme causes the pain associated with Fibromyalgia. There is lots of info out there about this.

How long have you been off gluten?? If you're really careful about the diet and still having these types of symptoms you should defiantely try looking into other possibilties. Keeping Candida under control, eating a clean diet and staying away from processed foods can go a long way as far as improving your symptoms.

Garlic is a good natural antifungal if you can tolerate it. Last time I did the candida diet/treatment I ate raw garlic everyday. I think it really helped me.

I started on Nystatin ealier this week...I got some die-off the first couple times I took it but nothing dramatic. I started on raw garlic again....its the first time I've had it in about a year and a half. I got ALOT of die-off from the garlic. WOAH. :blink:

I had more tonight with the same results. The way you can differenciate between an allergic reaction and die-off is that after the die-off you will feel better than you felt before...that doesnt happen with allergic reactions. Right now I'm having pain all over...which I havent had in quite awhile. Its taking me forever to write my posts because I've got some brain-fog.

Raw garlic is a really powerful antifungal....they say its actually stronger and more effective than Nystatin. Its proven to be effective on every candida strain except for two. Its also way cheaper than Nystatin or any other antifungal.

The bad thing is that you end up reeking like garlic. <_<

That reminds me.....when I was doing my Candida treatment a long time ago I used to also go to the sauna daily...to sweat out the toxins. I was so self conscious of my "garlic" odor that I assumed everyone could smell it. One time this guy walked into the sauna and he made a face and commented on it smelling kind of funky.

I got embarrassed (there were other people in the sauna as well) and I told him it was me....that I was reeking up the sauna because I eat tons of garlic. :ph34r:

Everyone looked at me kind of crazy like this :huh: and the guy said "No...its not garlic...its sweat....they need to hose the sauna down or it starts smelling bad."

Nobody could really smell the garlic but I totally thought I had made the sauna stink with my toxic garlic sweat. :lol:

I'm sorry you're having all of these symptoms...Celiac can be part of it so definately stay away from gluten. You probably posted this before but how long have you been gluten-free??

Dear Rachel,

What a relief! Whew! I worried it was just me! Well, I have been gluten free for five months or so now. I think since the middle of August or September. That brain fog is a major problem. Sometimes, it is like I am on a boat, where I am kind of dizzy and just feel weird all over, as I said. It is not like the room spinning, but sort of like your head being detached from your body. You know, like that medicine head commercial? Anyway, some of the info you provided sounds a lot like what I have read about yeast. Garlic is something I like, but I do not know how much I could tolerate. Lots of foods did not bother me, like I can eat dairy in small amounts. The reflux is still much better. The gluten really made that miserable. The nausea only returned after doing the Flagyl. I really appreciate the info. Lyme is more common than I thought. I just wish I had money. Being able to afford the diagnostics is important. Until then, I do not know what to do.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

dlp252 Apprentice
I dont really shop at that mall...I always go to Valley Fair.....I get lost in there though. Ever since they expanded VF I'm like a lost tourist. :rolleyes:

I don't shop at either, lol. Before BioSET I'd only been to the Great Mall once before. Last week I arrived very early so decided to look around and found myself in Kohls, lol. I could think of worse places to find myself. :lol: Anyway, it's kind of like Mervyns...they carry the same kind of merchandise and even some of the same brands. I gave up on Valley Fair years ago, and I live just down the street a couple of miles. Parking is always a nightmare, so unless I go at 9:45 to get a decent spot, I just don't go. I DO like some of the stores since they expanded, but I too get very lost there.

Donna,

I don't know a lot about mercury and disease but my doctor did mention some kind of machine that was being tested/used to detect early or pre breast cancer. In women in California that underwent the test the ones who came up with a "hot" spot in a breast had corresponding amalgams (maybe root canals too) and the same side. So mercury/root canals are behind leading to cancers and other problems. With the root canals it would probably be the cavitations.

I still find all this stuff very intereting. I'll have to try and remember to call and ask my doctor's wife about this. I tried calling her this week but she is in California with her new grandson.

Hum, maybe the growth on my bile/pancreatic duct (ampulla) was connected to all this somehow...I've had two root canals along with the stupid amalgam thing. The last endoscope I had back in July still showed the ampulla enlarged, it was just that they said the cells weren't pre-cancerous. Stupid amalgams! :angry:

Sometimes, it is like I am on a boat, where I am kind of dizzy and just feel weird all over, as I said. It is not like the room spinning, but sort of like your head being detached from your body. You know, like that medicine head commercial?

This has been one of my main symptoms for the last year. At first I used to call it *dizziness* but realized that means something different to doctors...so now I describe it as feeling as if my brain is floating. It was really bad around the beginning of last year and for several months afterwards, but couldn't get my doctor to look at me--she took my pulse and declared me fine, so I switched doctors. I don't know if we have ever determined what caused them, but my dentist seems to think the amalgams could be responsible, and the HN doctors think it's connected to my adrenals, lol. I think it's probably a combination of things really, but I can say that in the last couple of months or so, I've hardly noticed that feeling anymore. So, it really could be both the amalgams and the adrenals because I've been removing the amalgams and taking lots of adrenal support in the last couple of months.

Lymetoo Contributor
This has been one of my main symptoms for the last year. At first I used to call it *dizziness* but realized that means something different to doctors...so now I describe it as feeling as if my brain is floating.

-------------------------------------------------------------

For me, that was a symptom of Babesia, a coinfection of Lyme disease. Be sure to get treated for that one.

YES, it's ME!!! I've been visiting family down in Texas and generally goofing off for the past 4-5 wks. So how many folks do we have here with Lyme disease now?????

Rachel--24 Collaborator
-------------------------------------------------------------

So how many folks do we have here with Lyme disease now?????

There is Carla.....who had positive Western Blots.

Me...who is not 100% convinced....my only positive test (IFA) is just 82% specific for Lyme...WB's were equivocal.

Miamia....who has had a positive test and nearly positive WB's....but is still having further testing done.

Rinne....who hasnt been on the board for awhile.

I think thats all I'm aware of....some people arent posting anymore so not sure what their situations are or if they are pursuing testing.

In my situation I dont really have any Lyme symptoms....but major candida symtpoms. They tested me and I had super high yeast antibodies....over 8100....with norma being under 2000...or something close to that.

They say I've definately been exposed to Lyme but not sure how much its contributing to my illness....other than weakening my immune system enough that candida got way out of control and caused leaky gut. All of my symptoms right now are related to candida and leaky gut.

I started treatment for that and I'm currently taking cats claw for Lyme. I never got a herx reaction from the cats claw....but I do get some from candida treatment.

Is it possible that my immune system could still have the Lyme under control but the candida took off because of stress, poor diet and antibiotics??

My immune system must still be fighting stuff off because I never get sick...I dont think I've had a cold in over a ayear. I havent got sick at all....but my immune system and my body is not liking the toxins produced by candida....it seems to have messed up my gut pretty good. My main symtpoms are food and chemical sensitivity. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Donna,

Andrea....its totally true...mercury is highly toxic to the body and can cause disease.

Donna, I have more problems on my left side too...this happens to be the side that I had the tooth that was bothering me after they put in the crowns...the one where I could feel gases coming out...I had a root canal which didnt help anything and I still had problems.

Dr. Adams suggessted I have the tooth removed because who knows what it could be doing to my health...even though noone could find a problem....my body was telling me otherwise...I had it pulled and no problems with my teeth since.

That side is weaker in my bioset "brain testing" too. <_<

Donna, when you go to Dr. Adam's office ask them to play the video about amalgams and the study of putting amalgam in a sheep. HOLY COW...(or maybe I should say HOLY SHEEP).....I doubt anyone who watches that video would want to have amalgam fillings in their mouth. Yeah....after 6 months more than half of the mercury had leached out and was found primarily in the sheeps liver and brain...but also in alot of other tissue and organs. CRAZY.

Archived