This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Yaay - I don't know what it means, but totally asymptomatic has to be good.

asymptomatic = no symptoms :D

Yeah...I still know what it means...I seem to have forgotten what it FEELS like though. <_<

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
I saw something a few days back about some town banning bottled water....only tap water is allowed. :o

I believe that was the San Francisco mayor ... he doesn't allow it in government offices.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Hey everyone

I have a strange question. Does anyone experience strange reactions to coins or silver. Mainly coins though. me and my brother poured a container of coins out and I started getting a headache and head pressure.

I don't know if it's that or the coincidence of just taking my l-glutamine and probiotic. I know that coins make my skin feel icky.

I also wanted to asked if anyone feels more head pressure in different parts of thier house or in their car? Would this have anything to do with electric outlets or electricity like from the t.v. or lights? Does the ringing it the ears increase? Just wondering as I am starting to worry.

Does brain fog make you have a less desire to eat or feel depressed? I know lots of questions I keep forgetting to ask.Popping in nose and ears more. I wonder if it is all from yeast. :huh:

rinne Apprentice
I have to admit...this sentence totally cracked me up. :lol::lol:

Holy Heck....more research?? :lol:

.....and after all this....I'm still eating 5 foods. WTH?? :rolleyes:

I guess I cant really say I'm starving though. :P

Me too. LMAO

Scientific Spice. :lol::lol::lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
It's entitled "another attempt gone bad". It's very appropriate, actually. Waikiki surf lessons October 2006.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats hilarious Kat!!

I had been staring at it earlier today...I'm like....

"Yeah...pretty sure its a surf board...and that looks like maybe a foot?? :unsure: Yup...its definately not a pro-surfur I'm seeing here." :lol:

UR Groovy Explorer
asymptomatic = no symptoms :D

Sorry for laughing, but it's the 5+5 thing I don't understand. Give me a little credit :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hey everyone

I have a strange question. Does anyone experience strange reactions to coins or silver. Mainly coins though. me and my brother poured a container of coins out and I started getting a headache and head pressure.

I don't know if it's that or the coincidence of just taking my l-glutamine and probiotic. I know that coins make my skin feel icky.

I also wanted to asked if anyone feels more head pressure in different parts of thier house or in their car? Would this have anything to do with electric outlets or electricity like from the t.v. or lights? Does the ringing it the ears increase? Just wondering as I am starting to worry.

Does brain fog make you have a less desire to eat or feel depressed? I know lots of questions I keep forgetting to ask.Popping in nose and ears more. I wonder if it is all from yeast. :huh:

Alot of it is from the yeast. I got worse when I was eating ice cream everyday...mainly with the heater in the car/house, chemical sensitivities, electrical heaters, molds...stuff like that.

Its all the toxins in your body overwhelming your system. You can get sensitive to ALOT of things. Also, if you start detoxing metals your candida is going to flare up big time....your Dr. should probably put you on an antifungal to help with that.

Its head pressure for me too...like my head is gonna EXPLODE. :blink:

Reducing some of the yeast helps a little but obviously you cant be free of it until you're free of the mercury. :(

Check for mold in your car...it could be that or it could be just all the chemicals and exhaust coming in. My biological dentist (the one that removed my amalgams) had told me to have the air thingy in my car always switched to circulating the same air....not bringing in the exhaust and everything else.

Did you guys start using air conditioning in your house...it could be blowing dust/mold. Thats always gets me worse. In the winter the heater was making me sick....we had to close the vent for my room at my moms.

I even had to take bowls of water and put them in 2 rooms in the house....to collect particles or whatever from the "environment". I took them to BioSET and they tested the water from each room and it showed up that I was reacting badly to something in the room I sleep in.

It was dust and mold from the heater...the other room didnt have a heater vent and I felt better when I was in that room. Once we closed the vent off I got alot better.

If it just started and you didnt do anything different...like starting the air conditioner...it might be the probiotic or the L-glutamine. The probiotic could be causing die-off...or you could be sensitive to it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

UR Groovy Explorer
Yaay - I don't know what it means, but totally asymptomatic has to be good

Having looked back at this, I can see the confusion now. What I wanted to say was:

Yaay - I don't know what 5 + 5 means ...

Sorry I laughed.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Sorry for laughing, but it's the 5+5 thing I don't understand. Give me a little credit :lol:

ROFLMAO!!!

Sorry Kat....yeah...the 5+5 thing is a little bit tricky. :P

AndreaB Contributor

She had a 10 day yesterday. 0 being dead, 10 being 100%.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Lisa,

I could swear I saw a thread about reacting to holding coins...yeah...I saw it on a candida board yesterday. I could go find it....but maybe it was you?? :unsure:

Do you post on a candida board?? Let me know and I'll go look for it for you.

Yeah....brainfog just plain sucks....sometimes it can get me depressed but if I'm feeling unusually depressed...like I dont want to live (that kind of depressed)...it means I've moved around some mercury or I've gotten myself really toxic from other things.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Oh yeah....one more thing Lisa...

Remember that when you kill ANY bugs...you will be mobilizing mercury. Likewise if you do anything to get rid of metals you will flare up the yeast and the other bugs.

Thats just the way it is...they live together in the most toxic areas of your body. When you "disturb" one of them...you disturb all of them. Theres nothing you can do about it except to understand that it happens and to take something at all times to "mop up" those toxins which are released.

Here is a list of binders to choose from:

This is from my Dr.'s presentation...

Toxin Binders to help when Herxing:

Cholestyramine

Fiber (non-psyllium)

Chlorella

Modifilan

Apple pectin

Butyrate

Bentonite

Activated Charcoal

This is what someone wrote me in an email recently...

As you go through detox, you will learn very clearly that it is one body that's toxic - if you kill bugs, you release metals, If you release metals - you toss out the bugs. It's togetherness in the body.

You will suffer less if you are taking a binder to absorb toxins.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Rachel

But my doctor doesn't want me taking anything but what she gave me, l-glutamine, probiotics, fish oil, and metajest digestive enzyme for a week. Should I just take the charcoal anyway? I don't know what to do but I don't want to stir up toxins and get more sick.

Will I get more sick?I know that the probiotics are killing the bugs. Is a probiotic the same as a antifungal or are they different?

I don't remember putting a coin thread in the candida post. You can try to find it that would be great!

tabasco32 Apprentice

We have to air on everyday because it's 100 degrees here. It never bothered me before though.

Would it be wise for me to take the charcoal even if I get side pain? I don't want to stir things up and feel toxic and depressed. I know the killing myself feeling. I won't do it but I know what your talking about and how mercury want's you to give up.

Are you suppose to take all those supplements in the herxing or just one?. Is ground flaxseed a form of fiber to take?. I am willing to do that instead of the charcoal.

lisa

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel

But my doctor doesn't want me taking anything but what she gave me, l-glutamine, probiotics, fish oil, and metajest digestive enzyme for a week. Should I just take the charcoal anyway? I don't know what to do but I don't want to stir up toxins and get more sick.

Will I get more sick?I know that the probiotics are killing the bugs. Is a probiotic the same as a antifungal or are they different?

I don't remember putting a coin thread in the candida post. You can try to find it that would be great!

I think you should talk to your Dr. about it first but yeah....I think its pretty important to use a binder. You'll definately need it when you're getting your next filling out. In the meantime just ask your Dr. about it.

The probiotic is not an antifungal...its not actually a "killing" agent. Its meant to repopulate the gut with good bacteria. Probiotic = good bacteria.

If the probiotic is doing a good job at repopulating your gut w/ good bacteria...at the same time its kicking out some of the bad guys.

No matter what you do from here on out you are going to be stirring up toxins...you *have* to stir them up if you ever want to get rid of them. Otherwise they would just sit in your body forever.

Any treatment you do for mercury, candida, parasites, etc...is going to stir up toxins. There is no way around that but if you dont have at least a binder to "catch" some of those toxins...whatever you cant get rid of will just circulate and make you feel sick.

Are you suppose to take all those supplements in the herxing or just one?. Is ground flaxseed a form of fiber to take?. I am willing to do that instead of the charcoal.

lisa

No...you dont take all of them. Just one or maybe two. I only take charcoal. I tried chlorella and modifilan and my body hates them both. My Dr. tested me for everything and I dont do well with any of them except charcoal.

Ok...I found the post about the coins but there wasnt any useful response to it.

Does anyone else get the tastse of the metal after handling change? I have forever espiesally with pennies. It was doing alot better this year, probley from all the detoxing I've done. But now its starting to come back. I was just wondering if that is a sign of metal toxicity. Cause I did show copper a couple years ago. But have not been retested.

I would think its a reaction to the metals. Since I got toxic I havent noticed problem with coins but I cant wear anything except 14 kt gold....I used to be able to wear all the cute bracelets, anklets, rings, etc....not anymore.

Also if the buckle from my belt touches my stomach at all...I get a rash pretty quickly.

If I start getting really toxic even my gold earrings start causing irritation in my ears....and my skin will start turning black. :huh:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Lisa, has your doctor tested you for bacteria and parasites? My stool test showed that I had an overgrowth of two bacterias (bad ones). He started me on a new antibiotic for these bacterias and today is the first day I didn't have stomach pain after eating in four years. Well, it's been pain off and on for four years, but the past several months it's been continual.

I also could finish my dinner tonight ... which is rare, I usually have to force myself to eat.

I see all these people come to celiac.com and post negative results for celiac, but some limited success on the gluten-free diet. Makes me wonder why the GI docs don't test for bacterial overgrowth .... seems like the obvious next step. Why do the GI's always check the gall bladder next?

I take Cholestyramine to bind toxins.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Carla they are testing me now. But everytime I take a bowel movement I either am at the store or I forget. :rolleyes: I have the first days tube that I have done a week ago. I hope it's still good since I have 2 days left.

Oh yeah and having to do enymas would probably mess the results up but I didn't know I was going to be so constipated. And the dang test cost 225 dollars.

What is Cholestyramine. Is it easier on the digestive system than charcoal? I can't do charcoal. How about flax seed for now untill I talk to my doctor again. I have an appointment with her on Monday.

I am happy Carla to know that you could eat your dinner last night. :D I hope it goes good for you again today as well.

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, darned work made me WORK again today...I'm so far behind...this this will be a two parter for sure. :lol:

Donna...double thanks for sending me Amy's presentation!!

I LOVE it.

Yeah...even if I've seen it all before... its really nice to have everything all together like that. Its organized and very easy to read.

I also love her quote at the bottom of her article.

-Great spirits have always

encountered violent opposition

from mediocre minds.-

-Albert Einstein

I really liked the presentation too although I haven't really had a good look at it...I did sort of skim it today as I was transferring it from PDF to Word.

What I like most is that it has all the info, but it's in list form so I don't have to search through a bunch of stuff...my lymcentric brain just likes it better this way, lol.

I also REALLY like that quote!

Sorry that it is such a stress though. What about packing one, doesn't have to be big, bag a day of things you just aren't that attached to and when you have a collection of them calling the Diabetes Foundation, up here in Canada they pick up from your house every couple of months, or someone like them.

I know when I am overwhelmed if I can pick a specific small task I can do it helps to get me motivated.

I actually have been trying this, but not very successfully I might add. :ph34r: Problem is that I'm so exhausted by the time I get home that I find it hard to even THINK about it. I go into my spare room and get completely overwhelmed then turn around and walk right out again. :P I'm limiting my computer time in the evenings to no more than 2 hours...maybe I need to cut that down a bit more.

Me either, I had never heard of it until you were diagnosed with it! Sounds like a sausage.

I'm telling you, only one day on Cipro and my stomach feels better than it has in four years. Is this possible??

Yeah, I think it is possible! They had me on the 2 antibiotics for the H.Pylori, so I didn't take anything else specifially for the kleb. The BioSET lady also had me on some homeopathic bacterial stuff which I think helped. It took longer for me to feel better, but I think that's because I am just so toxic right now.

That can be good and bad......good because of no cc with gluten, bad if it has other things that you can't tolerate.

Yeah, fortunately she was able to tell me exactly what she put in it...sounded a lot like the flourless PB cookie recipe here...I know she reads the recipes on this site.

I lift weights, but I don't squat nearly what you described! For me it's the bar plus a 10 pounder on each side!

Yeah, the most I've ever done was 40 pounds. Could've done more but without a spotter didn't want to chance it. I know in the gym they started me on the leg press machine at 90 pounds...can't remember if I did squats on a machine there or not.

Carla, your business venture sounds exciting and glad you BIL is on board with it all!!!

dlp252 Apprentice

And part 2

Toxic scars (especially if developed just before the onset of illness, if it is a scar that goes straight across the abdomen or if it is near the area of most symptoms)

Limit chemicals used at home- hairsprays, perfumes, candles, cleaners (good cleaning option is vinegar and castille soap)

Clean carpets and bedding regularly (If you have had mold issues, consider replacing carpets altogether)

Check for geopathically disturbed sleeping location- cordless phones, cell phone towers, electrical smog, computers, etc

Ooooh, I have a really LONG scar straight across my abdomen. :( And, at that point I wasn't really sick yet, although did get sick on the pain meds at the hospital. I often thought this might be the start of my downhill slide, but after thinking more about it, I had started having bronchitus more and more before this.

Cleaning...I have castile soap, and have a lot of vinegar I can't use anymore. :lol: Although I'm thinking they don't mean apple cider vinegar! :lol:

There's that stupid carpet thing again. Sheesh! :lol:

And, I've been reading about EMF fields on LN and actually learned a little bit about them from (of all places) Ghost Hunters. :lol: Anyway, they (the Ghost Hunters) are able to debunk a lot of paranormal stuff that can be attributed to high EMF emissions in homes. I wouldn't doubt it one bit if I've got bad EMFs running around here. :lol: My cordless phone is about 6 feet away from my bed, but I think there is a cable line right by my headboard. :(

And yes, that car is mine as of Friday afternoon. I'm buying it in PA and I'm heading home tonight to get it. 2007 Toyota Camry, white....with a sunroof, 6 celiac disease changer....I'm excited, needless to say

Sounds wonderful!!! Congratulations...I LOVE new cars. :P

Thx!! It seems 100% likely it'll be great. I'm wearing the sort of smile usually reserved for the kids running from a restroom where they've just lit and deposited a cherry bomb, or other small explosive.

One almost might describe Tom as gleeful, joyful, drunk with joy! :P

I just wanted to say, don't push it on the weighted exercise. My experience was that every time I tried to do weighted exercise, I lost range of motion, especially if I wasn't having a physical therapist stretch the shoulder three times a week.

I am just now, a full year after surgery starting weighted exercise--with 1-pound weights and only one close-to-the-body exercise!

Anything that puts your arm away from your body and uses weights is going to put major stress on the shoulder. At least, that's what my current PT said. The one that loaded me up on weights ended up separating my AC joint.

I've had very good luck with swimming as long as I start out with very little without too much stretch.

It's very tricky finding a good PT, too. THere is no one set protocol, and they all have different beliefs.

I gotta get back to reading this thread--I'm so far behind, I'm never gonna catch up!

It's a job to keep up with this thread, lol! The PT guy really worked on my shoulder/neck today...I even got extra time from him. I'm one of his "favorite" clients/patienst (he says that to all his patients, lol) and I was early, so he took me early, :P ! Anyway, I did some of my PT exercises there, but used really light weights...I usually use 3lbs for these exercises, but had to use 1lb wts. Almost all of them require my arm away from my body, so the PT guy had me really take it easy, and said if it hurt to stop. It actually felt okay, so went ahead.

I think it made a difference to do the exercises AFTER the PT work and after my adjustment.

Wish I knew how to swim, lol, I think that would be perfect!

dlp252 Apprentice

And part 3 :lol: :lol:

I'm tellin' you man, don't let that sort of thing fool you. It wasn't two hours later (just in case you didn't notice), after thinking about the effort that went into doing that, I decided to put it in my signature - in a sincere effort to avoid ever having to undertake that daunting task again.

Whew !

:lol: !!!! I tell you, I am a lot like you in that way! :P

I do have some good news. Yesterday was a 5+5 (you can do the math. Totally asymptomatic. I've been on the abx and supllement for three weeks as of today. I am floored. I'm thrilled but it makes me wonder if I need a higher dose

I'm due for my next herx on the 4th of July- that will be one heck of a fireworks display if it's as bad as the first one.

Should I be worried that I am already seeing major improvement?

what if I don't herx (no-it's not that I want to but I know it's part of the process)? Should I be concerned?

Oh BEV YEAH!!!!!!! WOOHOO!! I wouldn't worry about the no herxing thing...I've questioned it in regards to the candida, even going to far as to think maybe I DON'T have a candida issue, but I think it's just that my body is able to keep up with the detox/killing ratio, lol.

Ran into a bit of a stumble in my 'perfect day'.

Original plane died or is wounded.

Sent to diff terminal (happily not thru security again, requiring new water toss & repurchase) and now they want volunteers to wait 1/2 a day to go, because replacement plane is smaller.

But ole tom's smilin' thru it ALL!!!

That's the spirit! After spending 3 weeks in Guatemala, we finally made it back to the US (Dallas), we were so glad to have American Food (read fast food) that we were stuffing our faces WAY away from our gate...when we finally mosied on back we couldn't figure out why there was no one waiting. Turns out our plane's cargo door fell off!!! OMGosh, lol. They had to get us a new plane, but it took awhile...no worries, more time to eat more. :P

I saw something a few days back about some town banning bottled water....only tap water is allowed.

OMGosh, my mom and aunt told me this on Saturday...it was SF, but I didn't believe them because they always mix things up. :lol:

It's entitled "another attempt gone bad". It's very appropriate, actually. Waikiki surf lessons October 2006.

I've decided that when we do it this year, I'll be stronger - faster ( :lol::lol: - Freudian slip - I just edited this, because I realized I typed fater - irony)- more agile. SO, in yet another attempt to accomplish things of this nature, I've been doing something about it. I've pulled out that Kick-Punch-Crunch DVD & I'm going to do it ! Really, I am.

:lol: you are killing me! So glad you decided to join us!

Does brain fog make you have a less desire to eat or feel depressed? I know lots of questions I keep forgetting to ask.Popping in nose and ears more. I wonder if it is all from yeast.

Don't have the coin issue, but yeah, I feel a bit depressed when I have brain fog.

Is ground flaxseed a form of fiber to take?. I am willing to do that instead of the charcoal.

Flaxseed is a form of fiber, but it is really hard to digest...this has to be started really slowly in small amounts and definitely crush the seeds, not whole at first. I took flaxseed meal a few years ago, and literally started out with about a teaspoon once a day. I had a bit of gas even at that low amount.

I would think its a reaction to the metals. Since I got toxic I havent noticed problem with coins but I cant wear anything except 14 kt gold....I used to be able to wear all the cute bracelets, anklets, rings, etc....not anymore.

I'm at the point I can't even wear 14kt gold anymore! :( I can wear rings and bracelets if they aren't too tight, but definitely not earrings.

Carla they are testing me now. But everytime I take a bowel movement I either am at the store or I forget. I have the first days tube that I have done a week ago. I hope it's still good since I have 2 days left.

I think some of them DO have time limits on them. I think the ones I did said to finish the testing in X number of days....can't remember exactly how many days, but it seems like it was 7 or 10 or something... Did your test come with instructions...mine had that info as part of the instructions.

rinne Apprentice

Just a few words of caution about flaxseed if your digestive tract is inflamed. It can feel like you have eaten gravel all the way through. Metamucil was even worse, it was like broken glass. :(

rinne Apprentice

Tom, glad you are enjoying the ups and downs of travel. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
What is Cholestyramine. Is it easier on the digestive system than charcoal?

I am happy Carla to know that you could eat your dinner last night. :D I hope it goes good for you again today as well.

Cholestyramine is the generic for Questran, a prescription med. My LLMD is using it to mop up toxins.

I ate my dinner tonight. :)

Yeah, I think it is possible! They had me on the 2 antibiotics for the H.Pylori, so I didn't take anything else specifially for the kleb. The BioSET lady also had me on some homeopathic bacterial stuff which I think helped. It took longer for me to feel better, but I think that's because I am just so toxic right now.

Good, I'm glad to hear it's not all in my head. :lol:

Yeah, the most I've ever done was 40 pounds. Could've done more but without a spotter didn't want to chance it. I know in the gym they started me on the leg press machine at 90 pounds...can't remember if I did squats on a machine there or not.

Carla, your business venture sounds exciting and glad you BIL is on board with it all!!!

I do three sets of at least 8, and up to 10. I might be able to lift more, but not get those reps.

I think the bar is 45 pounds? Plus 20. I'm assuming you had 30 pounds on the bar?

I also do several other leg exercises so I don't need to wear myself out with this one. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
I'm at the point I can't even wear 14kt gold anymore! :( I can wear rings and bracelets if they aren't too tight, but definitely not earrings.

I can wear jewelry. My wedding ring is 14 K and gives me no problems. Once in a while it turns my hand black ... then I just accuse Adam of giving me a cheap ring :lol::lol: .

I've never been able to wear post earrings very well. I can drop earrings with wires and they give me no problems ... or hoops. I think it's something about letting air in the hole.

rinne Apprentice

I actually have been trying this, but not very successfully I might add. :ph34r: Problem is that I'm so exhausted by the time I get home that I find it hard to even THINK about it. I go into my spare room and get completely overwhelmed then turn around and walk right out again. :P ....

Donna, I honestly don't know how you manage to work, I know I would be exhausted at the end of each day too. :(

I was explaining to a friend today that when you are really ill even responding to a friend's concerned email can be more than you can deal with. I know there are days when just feeding myself is all I am inclined to do.

As I have felt better I have been able to accomplish more but a full time job is beyond me.

I went back in the thread to when I first joined and I thought I had AS and Celiac, at that point Lyme was something I discounted because I hadn't had the bull's eye rash. :rolleyes:

Archived