This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
We'll find out more about how much longer Chloe has for treatment this week when we go to NY.

I'll be waiting for your email update when you're able. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confusedks Enthusiast

Carla,

I can't wait to hear about your and Chloe's appt! :)

Jin,

Thank you for the email! I appreciate the time you take to write your columns! :)

Paula,

I don't know what you could do. Maybe an Epsom salt bath?

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Everyone,

Does anyone have any ideas with what I can do? It feels like my liver is irritated, it hurts (aching with intermittent sharp pains) and is generally enlarged. I'm going to be asking Mom about it, and (hopefully) calling a doctor about it.

Would an epsom salt and baking soda bath help, possibly?

My tongue/teeth have been tingling as well (I don't have any cavities). :huh:

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Alison,

Thats really sad news. :(

To me it sounds like he had a chronic hidden infection...maybe Lyme...maybe something else. The fact that he had chronic swollen lymph nodes indicates infection.

What kind of idiot Dr.'s would remove the lymph nodes instead of trying to find out why they were swollen??!! Sheeesh...it sounds like his Dr.'s did all the wrong things from the start. :(

Thanks, everyone. I was starting to wonder if I was missing something (and I suppose I might be); I just about fell off my chair when Noah's mom told me that the doctors had taken out some of his lymph nodes, but I couldn't say anything, obviously. I mean, I've been crying my eyes out--I can only imagine the anguish she feels. I don't want to add to it by suggesting that the doctors screwed up.

But when she mentioned lymph nodes, I couldn't help wondering if it was something like Lyme--and if it might affect his little sister, or his mom, or his dad.

I guess if I hear that any of them have unexplained medical problems, that would be my cue to mention this thread?

confusedks Enthusiast

Allison,

That is still so sad. :( I can't imagine such a thing, but I do think that if any of them have health problems, they should look into Lyme. When I first read what you typed, I immediately thought Lyme.

I agree that telling her you think the Dr's screwed up is a BAD idea...that's the last thing she needs; support is all she really needs right now.

In the defense of the dr's, sometimes there isn't time to figure out what is *causing* a problem. Sometimes they just have to keep the patient alive and then, if there is time, figure out what caused the problem in the first place. Maybe there wasn't time?! :(

Yea, you can always mention this thread to them. :)

mftnchn Explorer
Thanks, everyone. I was starting to wonder if I was missing something (and I suppose I might be); I just about fell off my chair when Noah's mom told me that the doctors had taken out some of his lymph nodes, but I couldn't say anything, obviously. I mean, I've been crying my eyes out--I can only imagine the anguish she feels. I don't want to add to it by suggesting that the doctors screwed up.

But when she mentioned lymph nodes, I couldn't help wondering if it was something like Lyme--and if it might affect his little sister, or his mom, or his dad.

I guess if I hear that any of them have unexplained medical problems, that would be my cue to mention this thread?

Yes, I think everyone is asking "why" at this point, and yet each who is grieving will need to find their own unique answer in order to move on. Suggesting this now would add to the parent's grief about trusting doctors with their son.

The thing is another approach to his illness might have worked, but might not have worked either. We don't know that.

In the Far East...the approach is different, and comments are made about western medicine just "taking out" anything that has symptoms, while eastern approaches are different. However, now in Asia, where eastern and western are more blended, there is acknowledgement that sometimes there are things that need taking out.

mftnchn Explorer

Also I think, Allison, that right now for your friends and son, listening is much more important than suggesting. What a sad situation and event for all who knew this precious little one.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confusedks Enthusiast

Birdy,

I have no idea what may help you. I'm sorry. :( Please keep us updated.

Paula,

I did Dr Z's questionnaire and he said he thinks I have Hypoglycemia, Candida, Digestive Problems/HCL, Digestive Problems/Bile and Digestive Problems/Pancreatic Enzymes. Lol! I wonder if there is any valididty to this test? Hmm

mftnchn Explorer

I don't know, Birdy. I am trying to figure out how to detox mine as well. I am just doing more of the same detox things, so lemon water and just lots of water overall, plus the baths and also skin brushing might help. Charcoal, but that turns the stool a bit dark so you might not want to do that. Also I noticed in the humaworm mixture, several items are listed as beneficial to the liver. So I hope doing that will help me. I will check my liver enzymes later this week and see how I am doing.

Oh, that is why I stopped Lamisil and Metronadazole--liver issues.

confusedks Enthusiast

Donna and Rachel,

Are you guys having flash flood warnings? We are--well, not LA, but areas very close to us. Just wanted to make sure you're okay. :)

confused Community Regular
Birdy,

I have no idea what may help you. I'm sorry. :( Please keep us updated.

Paula,

I did Dr Z's questionnaire and he said he thinks I have Hypoglycemia, Candida, Digestive Problems/HCL, Digestive Problems/Bile and Digestive Problems/Pancreatic Enzymes. Lol! I wonder if there is any valididty to this test? Hmm

no idea but i still thought it was interesting lol

everyone

My nd will be here in less then 50 minutes, she said she would come at 6 cause she needs my urine when i first wake up, well of course im already awake but trying not to go to the bathroom. Im nervous and excited at the same time. Is there anything i need to remind her to test me for me for.

paula

mftnchn Explorer

Hello, all.

Update for me: I have been extremely busy and feeling quite well, just a few days where I feel fatigue at the end of the day after a very full day, and a few times where I felt a little symptomatic in the afternoon and took an extra charcoal dose which helped. I notice that the three weeks I did not feel well approximately corresponded to when I was taking the B12 in the methyl format. I have felt better since taking the hydroxy format. This all may be coincidental. I didn't notice any red urine with the methyl B12. I have more of the methyl, maybe I'll try it again to test it. Right now I don't want to mess with success.

I've done two massages, two detox baths, and also did my next gua sha treatment tonight; it was less painful than the last time, and she said the color was lighter. Tonight it is red in places, again kind of following the shoulder blades, and a little on my spine in the middle of my back. I may try to do once more before I leave for the USA, but have to find another person to do it in the city where I live as I just visit this place. I'm just curious about what the Chinese say--it will get better and better as you detox more this way.

Critter watch: nothing too obvious from the humaworm, but a lot of strange looking small things that don't seem like what I am eating. I kind of hope these are evidence of getting rid of critters...because then I have hope I'll really get better after. The humaworm does increase insomnia for me as well.

I head back home in a day and a half, then will be busy packing to leave for the USA.

mftnchn Explorer

Paula, sorry I can't help too much. I've read your posts but not retained well as I have been so busy with work related things. I can't recall the details. I do hope your visit with your ND goes well and I think it is great that you don't have to travel. I see by the time that you are already in the middle of your appointment. Please update us afterward!

Sherry

miamia Rookie
Donna and Rachel,

Are you guys having flash flood warnings? We are--well, not LA, but areas very close to us. Just wanted to make sure you're okay. :)

Kassandra-

we have matching C D 57 scores- I guess I have to give up my title as lowest scorer- well we get to share the honor.

Miamia

CarlaB Enthusiast

I was never tested for C D 57 .... I always wondered what mine would have been. I think it would have been rather low since Lyme is my primary issue and I was doing so poorly.

I have had such bad insomnia since getting my rebounder that I can't sleep at all until about 2:30. I do get rest because the Ambien makes me so tired.

I also have been hearing things .... three or four times per night, with earplugs in, I "hear" something drop. It's so loud, but I ask Adam if he hears it and he says no. Two nights ago he was sleeping in the other room due to my insomnia ... I got out of bed three times to look on the floor to see what fell. We have wood floors ... it sounds like a heavy book is falling on it with the pages rustling. VERY ODD!

My lymph nodes are sore all up and down my back and chest. When I rebound they hurt worse.

I guess I really need it! I'm hoping when this finally clears out I will feel even better .... maybe my insomnia will improve!

dlp252 Apprentice

Good morning everyone...I remembered two more things on the miasms. Cancer came up! :( Still not sure exactly what the whole miasm thing is about but that just can't be good, lol. Also, one that DIDN'T come up...MENTAL!!! :lol: I'm NOT mental! :lol: :lol: (That struck me funny if you couldn't tell, lol.)

Donna.......I always like updates......you know that right? :)

:wub: Yes, you are a sweetheart!

Does anyone have any ideas with what I can do? It feels like my liver is irritated, it hurts (aching with intermittent sharp pains) and is generally enlarged. I'm going to be asking Mom about it, and (hopefully) calling a doctor about it.

Would an epsom salt and baking soda bath help, possibly?

My tongue/teeth have been tingling as well (I don't have any cavities). :huh:

I can't remember (sorry)...do you have amalgams? My teeth used to tingle, and hurt A LOT, and my jaw hurt horribly with TMJ-like symptoms, but I haven't had that at all since having my amalgams out. Well, my jaw hurt once, but not nearly as bad as it did before the amalgam removal.

I don't know what to do about the liver!

I don't want to add to it by suggesting that the doctors screwed up.

Yeah, at this point probably wouldn't do any good at all to tell her, and might actually make her feel guilty. Yes, I'd mention it if the others seem to have issues related. It may not go over well, but at least you will have tried.

In the defense of the dr's, sometimes there isn't time to figure out what is *causing* a problem. Sometimes they just have to keep the patient alive and then, if there is time, figure out what caused the problem in the first place. Maybe there wasn't time?! :(

And, often times I believe they really ARE trying to help, but unfortunately many of them just aren't taught to think outside the box...they can only do what they know.

Donna and Rachel,

Yeah, some areas are still having problems, but so far I'm okay. I think where I live is pretty safe as far as flooding...the major worry is wind damage...we have a lot of old not well watered trees...I think the root systems are pretty near the surface for a lot of them (which is why we've had two fall in a year's time). I have a huge tree just a few feet from my front door, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't get nearly enough water, so the roots are near the surface, but fortunately it's leaning towards the driveway, so I think if it falls, that's the way it would go (hopefully). And fortunately, the tree is protected from the wind on two sides...my front door side and my neighbors side wall side.

My nd will be here in less then 50 minutes, she said she would come at 6 cause she needs my urine when i first wake up, well of course im already awake but trying not to go to the bathroom. Im nervous and excited at the same time. Is there anything i need to remind her to test me for me for.

Yay, I'm so glad she's coming today! She's probably already there, so I'm too late with the questions, lol.

Critter watch: nothing too obvious from the humaworm, but a lot of strange looking small things that don't seem like what I am eating. I kind of hope these are evidence of getting rid of critters...because then I have hope I'll really get better after. The humaworm does increase insomnia for me as well.

Thanks for the update...I'm glad you're doing better!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Also, one that DIDN'T come up...MENTAL!!! :lol: I'm NOT mental! :lol: :lol: (That struck me funny if you couldn't tell, lol.)

Yes, I certainly would have expected mental over cancer! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

I hope the C is getting better. Are you still stopped up? Being constipated can be miserable. It is very uncomfortable. I am a lot like you where I either cannot go at all, or I cannot stop going! :rolleyes:

That was so funny you saw Rachel but she was snoozing! I bet she was out of it. Maybe next time you guys will actually get to talk. It is kind of hard to know what to do in a situation like that. No matter how bad you want to talk to someone, you hate to disturb them.

Hopefully, you will not break out from this shot! My mother and I both react to tape. I actually got more red from the tape and cotton than I did from a band-aid. Personally, I think it is cheap to not give a Snoopy or Spiderman bandage! They are cute! I do know that some things do have gluten in the adhesive, which is something I am concerned about.

Good luck on the Samento! You might do well on it. Some people do better than others. I would rather go the herbal route than do abx, but am not sure I have a choice. This is a tough call to make at times.

Yay! You finally got to do miasms! Cholera showing up is not surprising. That would explain the D you have had. Cholera is known to cause that. Although it is mostly found in third-world countries, you could pick it up anywhere. Sorry to hear your neurotransmitters are doing so badly!

Insomnia is a major issue for so many of us! It is unreal! We almost all have it. Lyme must be well known for that. You have to be curious about this.

200 workout videos is a lot! I probably have a good number. I have always been a fitness person, so any new type of workout would be something I would get. So many things have not slimmed these hips, this butt, and those thighs down. Pilates helped, though.

I have a jogging trampoline. I used to do aerobics on it. Right now, there really is not a place to put it. The basement is full of all kinds of useless crap. Dad has electronics that are so old, we could start a museum.

Who would not wonder what is in that fridge at work? I know I would want to find out what is in there. At the same time, morbid curiousity killed the cat. My food needs its own space. Our house has none anywhere!

That is scary about cancer! But, you are not nuts! I would be relieved about that. Still, cancer is frightening. Miasms are causes of illness. At least, from my research, that is what I have gathered so far.

We had a tree that was 40 feet high. It got struck by lightening three times. The thing got so bad after a while, we had no choice but to cut it down. There was another one beside it. That one got cut down with it, because they leaned so close together.

Dear Carla,

Thank you for the enema bag info. Walgreens is easy to find at least. That is actually one store our town has! There are a lot of other places, but they likely do not carry that type of thing. Having a BM is important, because you do not want to rely too heavily on enemas.

Can charcoal constipate you? Is that why you suggested Donna omit it for a little bit to see? I know detoxing can cause C. Maybe that is what is going on with her. My old friend is plums. Eating a couple of those usually does the trick for me.

I agree that Lisa should not get those other fillings removed by anyone other than a professional. Chelation and removal of toxic substances from the body must be done with a particular protocol. Otherwise, damage can result that is not ever going to go away. Some things cannot be reversed. It is better to err on the side of caution.

My lymph nodes hurt frequently. The ones in my neck especially bother me. I think it has to do with this abscessed tooth and the wisdom teeth. I hope yours feel better soon. You do not think your lymphatics system is blocked do you? Rebounding might have irritated it if so.

I hope your herx is over Tuesday like it is supposed to be! The medication you are on makes you feel pretty bad. Recovering can take longer at times. Maybe things will improve again pretty soon. Would a sauna help?

Breastfeeding has been said to be great for immunity. However, the neighbor next door said she breastfed her first child, and said she had never seen a child have so many ear infections in her life! I wonder if she has metal fillings? I bet she does. Most people do.

I cannot believe that idiot dentist your children had! What a moron! He put metal in their mouths after specifically being asked not to. You just cannot figure out why anyone would do that. Thank goodness you corrected the situation. Metal toxicity is a possibility with your two eldest, and it would be interesting to check out.

How long did you take Samento? I know it is good stuff. Thank you for the info. In case I ever end up being treated with it, I will know how to take it. Meanwhile, I am just concerned about getting my freakin' test kit! I am going to call about that today.

What you said about us meeting for IVs instead of drinks was so funny! :lol: It is the truth! We will meet for needles stuck in our arms instead of coffee or martinis. One day, maybe we all will be well enough to do just that! Wouldn't that be nice?

Everyone will be anxious to hear how your appointment with Dr. H goes in NY. It really snuck up on us!

Time goes by fast. Chloe is making such strides! I cannot wait to find out when she will finally be finished with treatment!

Doctors do tend to remove body parts. I thought all of my misery would be over after my gallbladder surgery. How disappointing! My symptoms still are as bad as ever. There are times when surgery is necessary, and in my case, it was. However, so many people go through procedures they just do not need.

You are so lucky you get power back on quickly where you live! When ours goes out, we have to wait forever. It completely sucks. I mind it because in the summer, it is too hot to go without air-conditioning. I cannot handle it.

My lymphnodes are always swollen or hurt under my arms and on my neck. Lyme could do that I suppose. It sucks, regardless. As far as your insomnia goes, I hear noises like that in our house. We have a ghost, though. Things sound like they fell, and you can go all over the house and find nothing out of place.

Dear Andrea,

Stormy weather is something Evansville knows all about! December is the only month we do not get severe weather! The rest of the year is fair game. I am glad your power was not out long. Unfortunately, we live out in the county, so getting power back on nearly last is common out here.

PB8 is something I will keep in mind. Numerous strains are good. You want that type of supplement. The Accu-Flora had a bunch of them. I am taking L. Acidophillus Pearls now. It only has one or two types of bacteria, though.

Seth probably did get some metals from the breastfeeding. Still, how could you have known? We are all told this stuff was safe. So much for trusting doctors. It truly is tragic. In some cases, I think breastfeeding is more dangerous, it depends on how toxic the mother is.

Yes, 22 pages is a lot! I could never have posted all of that on this thread. It would have taken forever to read all of that for everyone. That is why everyone got their own personal letter this time. There is some inspiration never to get behind on here again!

I agree that Noah's doctor must have goofed up from the beginning. Doctors do not make a lot of sense in what they do. They mostly treat symptoms. That gets you nowhere fast. Finding the cause is not always easily done right away, so they just do not mess with it.

Dear April,

I would tell you about Magnesium and C supplements if I knew anything. All I know is what others on here take. I would trust what they tell you. Pure forms are best. They tend to be expensive, but worthwhile if you can afford them.

My liver may be highly toxic, too. I have no idea what to do for it at this point. Lemon water is one thing that might help. Other than that, I am at a loss. Supplements are not always made for liver support unless you buy them specially prepared.

Your son was like me. As an infant, I spit up every single formula my parents tried. Eventually, they put my brother and I both on 2 percent milk. We were find after that. Formulas are often loaded with dangerous chemicals and additives.

Dear Birdy,

It sounds like you may be pre-diabetic or diabetic. That can cause a lot of trouble. Gastrointestinal problems can manifest from that alone. I hope they straighten this out. Good luck with your fasting blood test! Let us know how it turns out.

What wonderful news that you are finally getting some answers! The EAV appears to be very helpful.

Mercury is nasty. Getting it moving is tricky. Your detox pathways should be checked. You do not want to do chelation if you do not excrete on your own. Moving toxins around does no good at all.

Neurotransmitters affect so much! If you have trouble sleeping, this would be why. Such chemicals dictate a lot. Mine are probably messed up. People with Lyme probably do have this issue frequently.

Copper can cause extreme GI issues. My best friend new someone with an overload of it. She could not keep anything down or in. This girl was miserably sick. She also had numerous food allergies.

Your liver probably is heavily burdened right now. Between the heavy metals and other things, no wonder! Interestingly, I read that an overload of estrogen is bad for the liver. Estrogen has to go through the liver. Women's World had an article on an anti-estrogenic diet this week.

The magnesium sounds yucky! I can totally understand why you would not want to waste good juice on it! :lol: Strong or bad tasting medicines or supplements can be difficult to choke down. It is like that Thera-Flu stuff. You just cannot stand the taste!

I get that tingling sensation in my mouth, too. My tongue often does that. I am not sure if it is a reaction to food, or something else. There is dust, mold, and pet dander all over the house. Narrowing it down is not easy.

Dear RobynG,

Welcome to the Thread! I have been wondering if corn is an issue with me. My brother has been doing much better than me. I think it is because he is not eating corn. He always said it hurt him. Corn might just be my problem as well.

A simple diet would be better to follow. I was doing much better on the diet the first couple of months from August 2006 to November of 2006. In early November, I did some antibiotics, and my system has been messed up ever since. Things just seem to get worse, not better. :( Additional intolerances are a good possibility.

The first couple of months, all I ate was plain chicken or meat, and some canned veggies or fruit. Now, I can hardly eat at all. Nothing agrees with me. I cannot leave the house. Something is wrong, but I am not sure what. This is incredibly frustrating.

I am going to find the book by Hyman. It sounds very interesting. Amazon probably has it. Simplicity is often best. Celiacs rarely do well on processed food I have noticed. Chemicals are everywhere.

Dear Rachel,

You are moving right along with the chelation! Before you know it, you will be metal free! I hope you and Donna get to talk again in person. IVs are not fun, but friends would definitely make them better.

I figure you might as well have some fun while there!

Who would have thought your reactions would not occur? Eating normal food would be so nice!

The reaction to doughnuts and pizza probably was caused by the yeast. You have a major fungal issue.

I miss food. It must be so wonderful being able to eat!

All of those toxins in wheat are scary! No wonder foods with it are so bad for us. Chemicals probably are the main source of a lot of people's sensitivities. These substances should never be ingested. Processed foods are loaded with junk.

Those metals are pretty high in your system! Mercury seems to take forever to come out. As you said, it is the most stubborn. A lot of factors add to it. Mineral levels being as low as yours can be dangerous. Be careful!

TAPS must be a great supplement. Thorne Reasearch has some good stuff from what I hear. Taking these supplements really is necessary. All body parts are involved with each other somehow. If one does not work right, none of the others will.

Your friend's daughter sounds exactly like I was and still am! I always caught colds and was sick a lot as a child. Asthma also was an issue. Mold is an excellent candidate for a cause of illness. Testing kits can be found on the Internet, but many are expensive. Environmental organizations do these things, but they can be $600 or so.

My cousin breastfeeds her babies. She does not seem to find it a hassle. Mary stays home with the children, though. A major problem with breastfeeding is sometimes milk squirts out when you do not get to pump. This is a bad thing.

As far as mercury toxicity goes, it can hurt a baby if they are being breastfed by a toxic mother. I think if they mother is in good health, that makes a difference. I read about breastmilk having jet fuel in it due to pollution. I am not surprised. The environment is overloaded with chemicals in the air and water.

Thank you for the BioHealth link. I have it saved. Now I can listen to these whenever I want! There is a lot of confusion with Candida. That show will be of special interest to me.

Dear Lisa,

Do not get the amalgams removed by someone not following the proper protocol! You could be crippled from it! This can happen. Slowly but surely is the best way to go with this. If you overburden your body by releasing too many toxins at once, things could dramatically turn for the worse.

I cry like that sometimes. It is impossible not to get depressed when you suffer like this. Somedays, I wonder why I have not just died. I cannot eat, sleep, or anything hardly. Nothing seems to get better. Even worse, our parents blame doctors for something they have no control over. My father was complaining that he did not think my doctor has helped me any, and yet she cannot run tests if we do not have the money.

Like Paula said, people who are not sick have no clue. They think you just wake up one morning and you are cured. That would be nice. My parents do the exact same thing. Mom sleeps all day because she is doped up on pills. She refuses to try the gluten-free diet, then has the nerve to complain about feeling bad.

When I am sick, she just is tired of hearing it.

The rainbow stuff on your plate might have been soap. It has that appearance. Be sure to get all of the soap off of your utensils and dishes. That can make you very sick. Soap can be easy to miss.

Dear Sherry,

I have no idea what could be causing your C. Did you decrease your magnesium and C again?

That might do it. A lot of both helps move things along. Warm beverages do help. I have to drink coffee, because if not, I get stopped up.

Thank you for providing information on the enema bags. I am not sure if I could handle one of those right now. The last time I did something like that, I was terribly weak. My system is so frail anymore.

Maybe when my system begins healing I will attempt one of those.

Samento must have really helped you. If you have a major herx, that shows it was highly effective.

No herx usually means something does not work for you. You often feel worse before you feel better.

That always is the case.

I had body pain as a child. Whether or not the Prilosec is adding to it, I do not know. I would not rule it out. Going without it causes my stomach to be even worse. Dad thinks it is causing me more stomach issues and I think vitamin deficiencies are a good possibility. Malabsorption is an issue for me.

It is good taping your toes eases the foot pain to a degree. Standing on mine hurts them. Fibromyalgia is known for that. Pain sometimes shoots all the way up my hips. Nothing really alleviates it any.

Chinese Medicine does differ greatly in a lot of way from Western Medicine. They are becoming more integrated. I see nothing wrong with using what works. Mixing the two can be highly beneficial. Western Medicine just does not appeal to me as much due to my bad experiences with it.

When do you get your liver enzymes tested again? Soon I hope. The anti-fungals are known to be particularly harsh on the liver. It has to detox so much. Be sure to update us on the enzymes.

I am happy to hear you are doing fairly well. Insomnia is common with HW. Everyone seems to get it while on it. The gua sha, massages and detox are working their magic. Keep it up!

Dear Alison,

Coconut sorbet sounds good! I would not mind some of that. We used to get pina colada when I was a kid. It was so good! I might be able to make my own with my Magic Bullet.

Dairy does seem to be bad for Celiacs. Lactose is my issue. Casein did not seem to bother me. Still, some other forms of dairy may have no lactose, but promote yeast growth. That is why I had to get rid of them.

Breastfeeding is something that does have a lot of benefits. I am not sure if it is right for every single baby, like when the mother is toxic. I read today in Women's World that a long-term study revealed that breastfed babies had a 55 percent higher chance of having levels of good cholesterol as adults than their bottle-fed counterparts. This was interesting. They did not say where the study was done, though.

I found it fascinating that many of the people you know with autistic children were bottle babies. The milk and gluten in formulas definitely can add to the trouble. They seem to be a contributor in autism cases. Heavy metals also are pretty common among such children. I wish I could do a study on this.

Chemicals may very well be the true culprit when it comes to sensitivities. There is so much poison in food. The air is in bad shape as well. Our water is contaminated. You cannot find anything anywhere that is not contaminated.

I am so sorry about Noah. This is so devastating. When you mentioned the doctors removing his lymph nodes, I just was left scratching my head. The only reason I could think of would be to take a biopsy of a lymphnode to see what was causing it to swell. If you put it under a microscope, you could identify bacteria or viruses. My theory is that the meningitis Noah had as an infant lied dormant all of this time, and then reactivated.

Dear Kassandra,

Drivers in LA are not the only ones who drive like that! People here drive badly, and it does not have to be raining! People are just nuts. You never know what someone is going to do. Speaking of driving, taking Phenergan is a good reason to stay off of the road.

It does make you terribly drowsy. I take it, and it knocks me out a lot. I am stoned on this stuff. I have had to depend on it all the time lately. My stomach is so bad, I do not know what to do.

Does your PICC line still itch? Hopefully, it is better now. Tape is not comfortable. Pulling it off can be painful. Tape often makes me itch.

That is interesting about the B-12 shot. I did not know that. Whether I will take injections in the future I do not know. I hope to try a sublingual form. Absorbing anything through my gut is a longshot.

I have vivid dreams, too. At least you are not hallucinating. I have a funny story about Phenergan for you. My brother hallucinates on it. He saw a purple cow over his head when he was lying in bed and it said "How are you?" :lol:

I react to everything as well. No food is safe. My body does not like anything. It refuses to accept food. Sometimes I wish I did not have to eat.

Rebounding is easy and inexpensive. The trampolines like jogging ones are fairly inexpensive. I only paid $20 for mine at Wal-Mart. I used to workout so hard on mine that I wore a hole in it! That is why I hgot the one I have now.

I took the Dr. Z test some time ago. It listed a number of things, including GI distress and Candida on top of low blood sugar as causes of illness. Everything seemed accurate. I think it is a good site. I get their newsletter.

Wow, your celiac disease-57 count is identical to Mia's! :o Hers was also 24 if I recall correctly. Your Neutrophils seem a little high. I wonder what that means? The other count was too low.

I am glad you got some exercise in without pain! Phenergan does help with that. It is used as a sleep aid for people in the hospital. I danced the other day, and was a bit sore. I am not as out of shape as I thought!

You are right that Candida is linked to low blood sugar. This is a common issue for people with a yeast overgrowth. In my research, I repeatedly came across that. I have been hypoglycemic for many years. We found out when Dad discovered he had low blood sugar and got a monitor to test for it.

Dear Paula,

People do expect us to get well immediately. It makes no sense. Recovery takes time. Instant health would be great. However, it is not realistic.

You are welcome for our help and support! We know what it is like to be having health issues no one understands. That is why the thread began. Information is key to gaining your health. All you can do is figure things out a little at a time.

Seeing your children play their games must have been nice! You probably missed that. Sporting events are great to attend when possible. Thank goodness they had a scrimage instead of everyone having to travel in the storm! Going anywhere in that weather is difficult.

It is interesting you mentioned your son being bipolar. Yeast overgrowth can actually cause that.

Low blood sugar does cause mood swings. Your son is a good candidate for these problems. Getting him to follow the diet would be hard. He does not exactly sound like the easy to deal with type. I will type out the list of elimination foods and helpful supplements and send it soon!

I did the Dr. Z quiz, too. I had similar results to yours. This is fascinating. I really do feel this guy is a good doctor. He is originally from Germany, where Homeopathy began.

Breastfeeding is good for many children. Others do not fare well on it. My mother did not breastfeed.

She had no desire to. In my case, it was probably best. Mom already had amalgams by that point.

Rebounding would be kind of difficult to do in 5 inches of snow! Those small trampolines are nice. They are also inexpensive. Mine has to have to legs screwed on. They are easy to store, though.

I cannot wait to see how your appointment goes with the doctor! Let us know how it turns out. I am sure you are on the right track. Remember to talk about Candida, metals, Lyme, and of course detox. We all are pulling for you!

Dear Julie,

I will keep the Metagenix probiotics in mind. They sound pretty good. I do not know if anything will help me now. Nothing seems to make a difference lately. My digestive tract is completely screwed up.

How are you dealing with the weather? Did you guys get hit with the snow? We got a lot of rain.

All we ever get is rain! :angry: I would just like to get some snow for once.

I think I am going to simplify my diet like I did in the beginning. All I ate was fruit, veggies, and meat.

That may be why I did so well on the diet the first couple of months. I began eating processed food more after that point, and my stomach issue got worse again. My brother is not eating corn for the most part, so that may be why he is doing better.

Dear Mia,

That sucks that the Levaquin is so harsh on you. Maybe things will start to get better soon. Carla took quite a while to feel better. This medication can wear you down. Just stay positive.

Chemical sensitivities are a problem for me as well. Cologne, perfume, cleaners, you name it, I cannot stand it. Dad smokes, and that does not help. Food dyes are something I have always reacted to.

Stupid eczema!

I will take note of the probiotics you use. VSL#3 has the most organisms. Affording it is another story. It would be great to buy if possible. Maybe that should go on my "When I Am Rich" list.

Dear tom,

I am glad you did not get glutened at your sister's place. I would probably stay in a motel to be on the safe side. Anyone who eats gluten is too dangerous for me to stay with! Think about the situation with my parents right now, for instance. It is so hard to avoid getting sick.

I wonder what caused those symptoms you had? Could you have gotten soyed? What about casein?

Does she eat dairy, too? Different reactions can result from sensitivities.

Dear Offthegrid,

Is the new house feeling like home yet? Did you get all of the unpacking finished? Moving takes a while to complete. Getting everything where it should go can take a while. I hope things went smoothly.

Your diet looks fairly healthy to me. If you are concerned about Candida, watch the pistachios.

Those can cause trouble. They tend to be moldy. Fruit and veggies are carbs. You can get plenty of them from those.

Limiting rice can be a good idea. If you have a Candida issue, high starch foods can irritate your system. This varies from person to person. Just do what works for you. That is all you can do!

Dear Kristina,

That doctor is such an idiot! He does not have any idea. I was afraid this would happen. Those tests are so hard on your body, and they often tell nothing. Of course, this was an endo. I would think they would do a colonoscopy first for the Celiac.

I know endos are done for it as well, but colon samples are usually taken. What did he mean by the first test results being a mistake? What were they? When was that done? I understand why you are depressed and frustrated. Just hang in there! Many of us are going through the same thing.

How awful that you caught the flu on top of everything else! :( I am sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself. On the bright side, this means your immune system is working. If you had not caught it, that means it is not functioning properly.

Dear Everyone,

You are so welcome for the messages! I am glad you liked them. There was no way all of that would have fit in one post! Thank you for your compliments. Everyone got their own personal letters!

Sincerely,

Jin

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Jin,

Thank you so much for the PM. Hubby seems to waffle back and forth between supportive and borderline-hostile about all this. You're probably right. He's worried, overwhelmed, wants to help, but doesn't know how. He's a caregiver by nature and I think he's just feeling powerless to help.

Once I get my results back, I'm going to be giving Carla's LLMD a call. Two weeks still to wait. Its driving me nuts(er)!

Thanks for the congrats about my levels. :) When the llmd's office called, they said my ferritin level was "normal". Well, according to the range, it is. Unfortunately, it seems they know nothing about "optimal" levels. Too bad. I'm sure many of their patients are going around with sub-optimal levels and would feel much better if the doc was more informed.

You have thyroid problems too, right? HypoT can cause GERD as well. It decreases the amount of stomach acid produced and the stomach has to churn harder in order to get the same amount of work done. I tried getting off the PPIs one time by trying the apple cider vinegar treatment. I couldn't tolerate it, but it seems to work for a lot of people.

You're such a sweetie! :) Thank you, yet again, for caring.

ok that went well.

1.she is postive i have candida

2. she wants me to get my house tested for mold again

3. she highly doubts lyme but wants me tested anyay.

4. she thinks its a mold issue more then a metal issue from everything i told her.

5. seh took an blood sample, urine sample and my stool sample, she will call by firday with what she finds.

sorry for the typos but im exhausted, im going to go take an cat nap if i can get my 14 yr old to keep an eye on the kids, which i doubt he will lol

paula

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Nyxie,

My parents are the same way. They seem like they are getting it, and then they revert back to being a**crackers. It drives you crazy. You just want them to make up their mind. Don't you just love how they talk about being frustrated when you are the one suffering?

I hope your results reveal something. We all will be on pins and needles. This is a huge thing for us all! Everyone is pulling for you! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

You are welcome for the congrats. This is great your levels are better. Such nutritional deficiencies cause a lot of turmoil. All you can do is your best. Supplements do help if they are in the right form.

I have a hyper Thyroid right now. I know either way it causes serious problems.

My doctor actually thinks my Thyroid is hyper due to my gut issues. She feels they will resolve the Thyroid issue when they are corrected. I never even thought of that. Vinegar would kill me as well! By the way, you are welcome for the PM!

Thank you for the compliments. I know what you are dealing with. It is easy to understand. Without compassion, there is nothing. People lack that a lot these days. I know life is not a Norman Rockwell painting, but it would be nice if there was such a place.

Dear Paula,

What a great appointment! Your doctor sounds like she is a good one. You are on the right track. Now, we just have to get the ball rolling. This is great news!

Sincerely,

Jin

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Alison,

I think you were probably right not bringing up the dr's treatment at this time. Parents who lose children are going to feel guilty, no matter what caused the death. Doesn't matter if they were involved or not. That she was involved in approving the treatments that ultimately led to her son's death is probably eating her up inside. She's got enough to deal with as it is.

The best thing you or anyone can do for her right now is be there to listen. You don't need to try to make her feel better. Nothing can do that. Let her talk. She'll probably say the same things over and over again. That's ok. She needs to do that. Let her vent as much as she needs to for as long as she needs to.

Let her cry. Its my personal belief that crying helps to purge emotional toxins from the body. Her emotional pain is a toxin. If its not purged, then it opens her up to a whole slew of emotional, mental and physical problems. Advise to to cry when she needs to. Don't worry about where she is or who's looking. Just do it.

Others will probably say what seem to be uncaring or harsh things to her ("you're young enough, you can always have other kids"..or my fave "its been x-number of months. get over it"). They don't mean to be this way. Unfortunately, people feel the need to say something... anything... and, while its intended to help, it doesn't. She'll need to vent about that as well.

Its probably too soon to advise her to seek a support group like Compassionate Friends. That might be a good thing for her later on, but the loss is too fresh right now. A grief counselor might be a good idea in a couple of weeks. By that time, things will have settled a little.

When you lose a child, you lose part of yourself. You never regain that part. You just kind of work around it. That takes time, support, and understanding... mostly time.

I hope this helps.

dlp252 Apprentice
My lymph nodes are sore all up and down my back and chest. When I rebound they hurt worse.

I guess I really need it! I'm hoping when this finally clears out I will feel even better .... maybe my insomnia will improve!

Wow, hope it clears up soon! (pssst, although I'm not sure the rebounding helped my insomnia much though, lol)

Yes, I certainly would have expected mental over cancer! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Yeah, a shocker to me too! :lol:

ok that went well.

1.she is postive i have candida

2. she wants me to get my house tested for mold again

3. she highly doubts lyme but wants me tested anyay.

4. she thinks its a mold issue more then a metal issue from everything i told her.

5. seh took an blood sample, urine sample and my stool sample, she will call by firday with what she finds.

Sounds like a great appointment!!! Yay, I'm so glad she will test for lyme anyway! I just think it's really important to rule out anything that might be causing issues.

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, now for JIN, lol.

First, reply to your email:

Mold:

Yeah, one of the problems I have in my condo is that there are only 4 rooms, the livingroom is where I spend all my time because that

It was great, it was so nice to talk to someone that doesnt think im a hypochranodiac lol.

She also wants to me go pick up an copy of all my test at the drs office and fax them over to her later.

paula

Archived