This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

mftnchn Explorer

Sara it is so exciting that your treatment is working!

Carla welcome back! Sure hope this improvement holds---and that it becomes more widely available soon!

Sherry

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confused Community Regular

Anyone else have thick blood. Today while i did the finger prick, i noticed my blood was really thick and kinda dark. I had a hard time having one drop fill the whole circle up, so i had to add drops outside the circles. I found it odd and it has been on my mind since this morning. So i looked it up.

I found info that shows that many with aunto-immune diesease like crohns, ms, chemical sensistivty, fibro etc, have thick blood. I found this kinda fascinating, yet scary at the same time.

I just wanted to see if i was alone in this.

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Anyone else have thick blood. Today while i did the finger prick, i noticed my blood was really thick and kinda dark. I had a hard time having one drop fill the whole circle up, so i had to add drops outside the circles. I found it odd and it has been on my mind since this morning. So i looked it up.

I found info that shows that many with aunto-immune diesease like crohns, ms, chemical sensistivty, fibro etc, have thick blood. I found this kinda fascinating, yet scary at the same time.

paula

Paula,

You're definately not alone.....its called hypercoagulation. We've had alot of discussions about it here. Its very common for people with chronic illness to also have thickened blood. It has to do with fibrin which the immune system can over produce when there are pathogens present....or toxins.

The fibrin is the immune system's attempt to "wall off" the intruder but it actually results in decreased circulation, poor nutrient transport and a more ideal environment for pathogens to thrive.

If the blood is thick there is less oxygen...which makes it easier for the infections to live.

You can take specific enzymes to treat this.....the enzymes break down the fibrin so that the blood can flow more freely.

I havent actually ever noticed that my blood is thick. It usually flows pretty well and is red in color.

Thanks rachel, i guess that is another reason i need to go back and read 1500 pages lol.

Ok just one more question about it, is it common to have thick blood like from your fingertips, but yet bleed and bleed during that time of the month.

paula

off to research more

CarlaB Enthusiast

Right now we don't have a source for coinfection nosodes, so Dr. W said to treat with our own blood .... put the blood in a vial and tape to the chest .... then use the light and it will treat whatever needs to be treated.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
but in rachel's case, this is about things ending in MCS and lots of people have that, me too.

This part is not studied so much as the presction meds part....

There are more things involved than just the cyp450 as far as I remember.

The different variants have different names

Yes, there are different genes involved. The P-450 gene that seems to be most linked to MCS is CYP2D6.

CYP2D6 is responsible for encoding enzymes that metabolizes many toxic chemicals as well as therapeutic drugs. Cytochrome P450 enzymes are a large group of enzymes that include a quite important part of the body
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Ok just one more question about it, is it common to have thick blood like from your fingertips, but yet bleed and bleed during that time of the month.

I'm not positive about this but yes....I would think that the bleeding can be different. The fibrin causes blood to clot faster....so you wouldnt bleed as freely if your blood is thick and you cut yourself. I think this would be different from what occurs during that time of the month though.

I dunno Carla knows more about that reproductive stuff than I do. :P

Right now we don't have a source for coinfection nosodes, so Dr. W said to treat with our own blood .... put the blood in a vial and tape to the chest .... then use the light and it will treat whatever needs to be treated.

Will you be able to obtain those nosodes at some point.....or does it matter? Does he believe that treating with your own blood is enough to get the job done?

It will be interesting to see how it goes with treating the co-infections. How can you test yourself to see if you are still testing positive to the infections? Does he teach you that?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

Paula, sorry, don't know the answer to that question.

Rachel, if I treat with the blood, it takes care of it all ... that's what he told me ... but you don't want to at the beginning because it's too much all at once.

He uses the biotensor .... but I didn't get one, I prefer ART or some kind of muscle testing .... I don't like the "spiritual" aspect of the biotensor, I'm just not comfortable with that, seems to Oija to me ....

Rachel--24 Collaborator

On the Genova Diagnostics website (where I had my first set of genetic testing) they say that many people develop MCS after being exposed to mercury. Thats what happened with me.....all of the sensitivities developed after that exposure.

What I'm wondering is if the mercury is removed.....does the MCS remain? I'm not sure about this because it seems like the immune system would still be switched on to these chemicals. Maybe desensitization treatments are necessary at that stage....I dunno.

Then again....I am much more sensitive to chemicals on days where my bucket is spilling over...in comparison to days that its not. Some days I barely notice anything...but if I were to remain in a room with someone wearing strong perfume for an extended period of time...eventually I would start reacting.

I'm assuming that the sensitivities would dimish greatly (but not completely) once the body is detoxed. I think at that point if specific triggers can be identified.....they can probably be desensitized. The treatments would be more likely to hold when the body is not heavily burdened.

AndreaB Contributor
Has anyone talked to donna lately?

I have. She's hoping to get released tomorrow. She won't be near a computer for another week after that though. I assume we'll hear from her sometime next week.

Sara it is so exciting that your treatment is working!

Carla welcome back! Sure hope this improvement holds---and that it becomes more widely available soon!

Ditto.

mftnchn Explorer
He uses the biotensor .... but I didn't get one, I prefer ART or some kind of muscle testing .... I don't like the "spiritual" aspect of the biotensor, I'm just not comfortable with that, seems to Oija to me ....

Carla, I appreciate your comment. I try to be discerning about that as well.

Rachel, I think the MCS can improve for sure. My allergist told me in all his years he has seen no one completely recover, but it can become manageable.

Sherry

nora-n Rookie

About babesia and ehrlichia nosodes, there is a thread on page two on lymeflash called Deseret Biological homeopathics.

Something else---did you see Scott's blog entry from Bade-baden about fungus neede to make lyme bad. Reminds me about Carla not getting lyme bad before the moldy bed......

( I always react to mold too. And the wholistic practitionerwent straight to the candida or whatwver that was she found a 2-3 years ago and I started getting better....)

Others say heavy metals, but candida and mold use heavy metal to hide. So does lyme.

Btw they found a new bacterium present in CFS patients (read something on lymenet)

I think not everything has been discovered yet. remeber H.Pylori. The medical community rolled on the floor laughing when Marshall started talking about bacteriae in the stomach. They said ther could not posssibly be any bacteriae in stomachs.....He then won a nobel price in medicine for that.

A weird thing I noticed: no mention on the bionic 880 or anything homeopathic or anything not about antibiotics on our lyme forum here in Norway. Nothing about the four blogs on blogger.com , nor on Connie's blog. They prefer to go to Germany for Iv Ab treatment (and there they are just learning from the U.S. LLMD's, and in Augsburg they just give Rocephin to start with, no combo as far as I read.

No-one is allowed to write or say or imply they can cure anything here, maybe it is because of that. They had to take down all personal stories from the scio website.

christine 25 Newbie
On the Genova Diagnostics website (where I had my first set of genetic testing) they say that many people develop MCS after being exposed to mercury. Thats what happened with me.....all of the sensitivities developed after that exposure.

What I'm wondering is if the mercury is removed.....does the MCS remain? I'm not sure about this because it seems like the immune system would still be switched on to these chemicals. Maybe desensitization treatments are necessary at that stage....I dunno.

I think that the immune system gets stimulated in reaction to the mercury (as a defense mechanism) and so the body hyper reacts to everything that is insulting to the body afterwards as an adaptation to protect itself again.

It weird, yesterday, I sprayed vanilla febreeze after cleaning and I got a freakin migraine all night. My throat and chest got tight and it was hard to swallow. Its amazing what smells can trigger for me.

I used to be sensitive when younger, but now i get painful symptoms where as before I just had mild ones.

After my toxin exposure it feels like my body's vascular system is way more sensitve. And the adrenalin and endorphins are stimulated by the parasympathetic nervous system in response to these triggers.

A lot of my symptoms are similar to migraine, with the food and smells, nausea, except its like a constant migraine! So much worse during my period when estrogen levels drop. I get popping in my ears and dizziness and muffled congestion in my ears. Also my ears drain every morning when I wake up and after I eat... whats that all about?

Also, Ive been using the magnesium sulfate cream on my back and shoulders for the last week and it does help a little with head pain. I think it is good for reducing blood pressure and its like a weak calcium channel blocker.

That helps with the pain I think. Its also used to treat migraine.

christine 25 Newbie

Also about the cytochrome p450 enzyme...

Back in 2001 the cheif of psychiatrist at OSU was trating me for depression, with a tiny dose of prozac.

It was suprising that such a small dose worked and anything more made me get headaches...She mentioned that I probably had somthing going on with that enzyme in that I couldnt break down certain drugs and metabolize things slower and therefor that was why I needed such a small dose of prozac to help with my depression (10mg). She said that some people have that.

Im actually going to the shrink today at 3pm ( a new one) so Ill ask him what he knows about it...

aprilh Apprentice
Its a blood test......I had my blood drawn at the doctors office for it.

This next one I can do myself because they only require a pin prick. I'm ordering the kit myself.

Rachel,

Can you give me more info on this? I need to research the genetics of this stuff.

paula

Paula,

I take Nattokinase for that. I take 1 pill at night before bed. Its wierd, I feel like I have better circulation about an hour after taking it. I only self diagnosed this problem and figured with all the candida and toxicity problems I was having that it could be a problem. PLUS the nattokinase is good for the heart. I have high cholestorel and refuse to take drugs for it.

aprilh Apprentice

Andrea,

I like your new pic - very cute!

Everyone,

I just got caught up reading. I have been working ALL weekend on a little project. I am updating my daughter's room. I built an art desk and put in some cabinets above for storage. I got the cabinets from Habitat Restore (used stuff) and fixed them up and painted them. And I made the desk from a interior door I got from Habitat for $8.00!!! It's 80" long and 36" wide. Very sturdy! I painted it white, too. So, its big enough for both kids and even more if they have friends over. My daughter is very creative and loves to do art.

she loves horses, too, so I took down all the butterfly stuff that she's had since she was a toddler and am putting up some horse pictures. I took them myself one year when my hubby and I kayaked out to an island with wild horses in NC.

I got 2 very solid oak chairs from Habitat for $10 each and will paint them. It's really coming together and going to be very Cute but a little more grown up than the butterfly theme she had.

I love being able to recycle other people's give aways and save money at the same time!

Rachel,

I plan to do some more researching into this genetic compenent. I don't know how or where to start.

When I started reacting to everything and having MCS type things...i had that Liver detoxification panel done by Genova. I had a few pathways that were sluggish and started supplements for it. It helped A LOT and I don't even really need the supps much anymore. The ND indicated that I could have had a genetic component to it and that when I tried to detox too fast, it pushed it over the edge.

Now I gotta figure out...what genes to test for that might be related to that...if that makes any sense at all. Probably not, because its beyond my realm of thinking right now.

Plus, I am thinking that it might play a part in my sons issues. He does very well on the SCD and I have noticed improvement with his ADD type symptoms. However, a few days of illegal foods and he starts acting crazy again.

I noticed yesterday when we went to HOme Depot that he was totally off his rocker! He acted like a crazy boy and by the time we left my hubby, daughter, and I were so exhausted from his bahavior! Now I am wondering if the chemicals in the store might have sent him over the edge where he was already teetering from the illegals from Halloween.

I don't react in those stores anymore, but I used to. Never with the same symptoms though.

Paula,

I take Nattokinase for that. I take 1 pill at night before bed. Its wierd, I feel like I have better circulation about an hour after taking it. I only self diagnosed this problem and figured with all the candida and toxicity problems I was having that it could be a problem. PLUS the nattokinase is good for the heart. I have high cholestorel and refuse to take drugs for it.

i will look into this. Is there any certain brand, or are they all the same lol

paula

aprilh Apprentice

paula

I ordered the one from Mercola. Not sure what the differences are.

AndreaB Contributor

Thanks April. :)

Certainly sounds like there may be a problem with genes with your son......and you, but maybe not as bad? Am glad to hear the SCD is working for him. I really need to limit grains and increase veggies but it's so hard on a limited food budget. Even gluten free, grains are less than a high quantity of veggies.

I'm interested in this gene test for my daugther as well, but it's going to by a long time before I can do anything like this as my teeth will need to come first.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I think that the immune system gets stimulated in reaction to the mercury (as a defense mechanism) and so the body hyper reacts to everything that is insulting to the body afterwards as an adaptation to protect itself again.

That could be true. I think the most common explanation is that the longer a chemical stays in your system (circulating rather than being eliminated) the more likely you are to become sensitized to it. The immune system starts reacting to it. If a person has impaired detoxification and if eventually the system becomes overwhelmed.....the liver is very burdened and nothing is leaving the body as quick as quick as it should. The immune system does start to hyper-react because its bombarded with chemicals that arent leaving the body like they should.

If detoxification is strong...toxins will come in and then go out. The more impaired detoxification becomes...the less we are capable of moving the toxins out. High toxicity = increased sensitivity.

Thats my understanding of it anyway.

It weird, yesterday, I sprayed vanilla febreeze after cleaning and I got a freakin migraine all night.

Febreeze is one of the worst. I dont use any of those air freshners anymore. I've actually had customers who have purchased Febreeze products and then brought them back for refund because they were too strong and were causing headaches and dizziness. I cant even stand it when someone brings one of those things through my checkstand!

Also, Ive been using the magnesium sulfate cream on my back and shoulders for the last week and it does help a little with head pain.

The cream is the one thing thats helped me the most as far as detoxification. It works for me because unlike other things such as coffee enema, saunas, etc...its not drawing out any toxins. It simply provides the body with the sulfate that it might be lacking and sulfate is necessary for detoxification. Its helped me alot as far as reducing food chemical reactions. I can tell that my reaction time is much shorter with the cream than it is without. It used to take me up to a week to recover and thats not the case anymore. I can recover in a day....or even a few hours.

It works better for me than the baths do.

There are MANY Cytochrome P-450 enzymes......I was only tested for 8. Each of the two enzymes that I was positive for had a list of drugs that inhibit or induce activity of that enzyme. Some of the drugs are the same for both enzymes and some are only listed for one of the enzymes. I dont have Prozac listed for either of the enzymes I tested positive for.

I took Prozac for a couple months....back when the doctors were telling me that I was just depressed. :rolleyes:

I didnt have any worsening of symptoms while on it....but it obviously wasnt the answer for me so I stopped taking it and refused any type of antidepressant after that. The Dr. had told me to give it a chance and I did....I gave it 2 months. In the end it was diet and reducing my exposure to toxins that improved my symptoms...and not any of the drugs that were given to me.

mftnchn Explorer

paula

I take it too, mine is Jarrow brand. (tested ok in ART)

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer
I have. She's hoping to get released tomorrow. She won't be near a computer for another week after that though. I assume we'll hear from her sometime next week.

That's really good news. Give her my best.

What a CUTE pix of your three, Andrea!

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Andrea... I love, love, LOVE the new pic!

Very cute. :)

Rachel,

Did you ever test your iodine again with lugol's iodine. I was going to try it again with that brand this week and try to stay awake to see when it disappears lol

April,

SOunds like you had fun decorating this weekend. I change my rooms in the house like every year or every other year, it drives my hubby crazy lol. I never get it perfect, then i go and change it. But i love to do projects and change things around all the time, must be my ocd. I bet it is going to look so pretty and grown up when you are done.

Andrea,

Love the pics of the kids, they are so cute. I need to put new pics of my kids on myspace sometime soon.

carla,

That sounds very interesting about the blood. I dont blame you for wanting to treat as much as you can prior to doing the blood, you dont want to freak your body out. Im so glad you are feeling so much better. I just hope you dont leave this little part of the world when you are healed, we would all miss you.

Everyone,

I had an awesome day today. I had my kids play hookey from school and we did arts and crafts, and did some spring cleaning. It was so nice to have lots of energy to spend with them. Two of them were kinda sick, so we had a somewhat legit excuse to skip school lol.

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I have been working ALL weekend on a little project. I am updating my daughter's room.

April,

It sounds like her room is gonna look great. :) I love doing home projects but havent had the time to do anything for a few years now. My last big project was a craft area that I designed and built....for scrapbooking. Its very spacious. Unfortunately I never get to actually USE it. :rolleyes:

I plan to do some more researching into this genetic compenent. I don't know how or where to start.

When I started reacting to everything and having MCS type things...i had that Liver detoxification panel done by Genova. I had a few pathways that were sluggish and started supplements for it. It helped A LOT and I don't even really need the supps much anymore. The ND indicated that I could have had a genetic component to it and that when I tried to detox too fast, it pushed it over the edge.

The genetic stuff is pretty complicated.....but REALLY interesting (to me anyway). Its been at least a few months that I've been trying to learn about the methylation cycle. I'm mostly looking at the info. thats available with regards to autism. It gets pretty complicated when you start getting into multiple genetic mutations and how to get the cycle moving again.

To me its kind of like a puzzle because for example....if you have a mutation on gene "x".....then you would want to take such and such supplements and avoid such and such foods...and eat more of such and such. BUT if you ALSO have a mutation on gene "y"....then taking such and such supplement would NOT be good...and instead you would need more of such and such. So it gets really complicated. :rolleyes: This is mostly having to do with methylation.

Right now I cant even begin to try to make sense of it all because I dont yet know all of the genes I need to be concerned about. In order for us to open up the methylation cycle we really need to know about all of the genes.

I agree that if you do things out of order....or too fast....you can end up worsening the situation.

Let me know if there's anything I can help with...or if you want some links to some of the sites that have helped me.

Now I gotta figure out...what genes to test for that might be related to that...if that makes any sense at all. Probably not, because its beyond my realm of thinking right now.

Genova has some genomic testing that they do....I had the Detoxigenomic Profile done....you can find it on their site. Its $400.

Next I'm focusing on the methylation cycle....different test....not through Genova. This one will be $625.

Plus, I am thinking that it might play a part in my sons issues. He does very well on the SCD and I have noticed improvement with his ADD type symptoms. However, a few days of illegal foods and he starts acting crazy again.

Its VERY common for mom's and kids to have similar issues (even if symptoms arent the same). I think its because of two things....genetics and exposures to the same things. Alot of it gets passed on. We're all accumulating toxins...but its the ones with impaired detoxification that are the most affected. If I didnt have these weaknesses....then I wouldnt be experiencing these health problems.

If I was born today I wouldnt stand a chance. My mom's toxic burden would have been higher (because we are exposed to more things nowadays) and I would have also been subjected to the obscene amount of vaccinations that are given today.

My mom said I only had about 3 vaccines....and they werent all at once. Things are much different now.

By the way....Home Depot was one of the WORST stores for me when I was doing really bad with the chemical sensitivities. I went there all the time...and some days I could hardly stand it. I couldnt keep myself away though :rolleyes: ....I was in total "project mode" back when I was building my craft area and also doing alot of yardwork.

Archived