This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel and Donna,

I am so glad the purple glittery bats are not a problem with hair! ;) Mine tends to eat things as it is! Just yesturday, my father was sweeping around the upstairs, and he had to stop several times to remove my hair. It had wrapped around the brush! My brother always laughs and says my hair is an experiment. :lol: He says it is like the Blob!

Which reminds me of a funny story I forgot to tell you guys. The other week, I was making my gluten-free rice pancakes. The heating grate is right by the stove. It blew up a small strand of my hair, and as I was flipping one of the pancakes, my hair caught on fire! :o Luckily, it went out quickly! Boy that was something! My hair gets to my food before I can half of the time. :lol:

In other news, I have felt rough today. I have the craps and I think it was the Tostitos or the pudding, or both. The nausea is not fun either. The high fat content of the Tostitos does not help.

Someone on here on another thread said they have had trouble since having their gallbladder removed as well. It is due to postcholecystomic syndrome. Cross contamination has also been reported with Lays on this forum. Who knows? I think my best bet is to go back to the bland diet I had the first couple of months. I was feeling a lot better then.

Yesturday and the day before, I had some Kraft Free French Dressing, and my tongue went numb. :( I could be reacting to the vinegar. It is difficult to say. Candida often causes people to have allergic reactions to vinegar.

Dear Rachel,

AAACKKKK! :o Mercury toxicity is increased by probiotics? Oh no! Even though I do not have amalgams, (mine are composite) I have eaten a lot of tuna. This is scary.

Dear AndreaB,

The good news is, in Rachelville you can have as many horses as you want! :) It is difficult parting with animals you love. In our town, you never have to! Oh yeah, and the money we should win from the Auxigro lawsuit after the geese testify on our town's behalf should help make sure the money all of our citizens need is there. ;)

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Andrea, I've been thinking about this, but haven't addressed it because I don't know what to say. I have something now. I know you're a person whose faith is really important to you. God doesn't send you anything you can't handle. As much trouble as all of us are having, we ARE handling it!

If you can't afford Bioset right now, I would just put it in the back of your mind right now. We know it's most likely candida or mercury causing your family's sensitivities. If I were you, I'd assume it was both and try to get rid of them with things like chlorella, coconut oil, etc.

Except for when you eat something you shouldn't, you all sound like you're pretty healthy. Maybe the fact that you've caught it sooner and don't have a boogey man in the closet will make it not as delicate of a procedure as it is for Rachel.

I'm just thinking it would be easier for me anyway to focus on what was within our means. You will feel so much less stressed if you stop going into debt for this stuff! Plus, if you can get out of debt and save up for what you do before you do it, you will avoid all that interest and be able to afford MORE because of it. Bioset and ART are good tools, but people have done it before without them. Sometimes I think the answer lies in our situation in life. This is the situation God put us in.

I don't know about the horses. Maybe you're supposed to sell them for a lesson in detachment. We can get so hung up with material things. Or maybe you should hang onto them. I don't know the answer to that one. But since none of you are really, really sick, I wouldn't go into debt again for this stuff. If something big comes up, you want to have the financial flexibility to deal with it.

Just my two cents. :) I figured since you've talked about it here, you wanted to know what we thought. ;)

AndreaB Contributor
Dear AndreaB,

The good news is, in Rachelville you can have as many horses as you want! :) It is difficult parting with animals you love. In our town, you never have to!

NGG,

Since I don't have my Rachelville status in my sig you wouldn't know this.....unless you found a town list on past readings. :P

Since I love horses so much hubby and I are owners of the Circle R horse farm here in Rachelville.

AndreaB Contributor
I don't know about the horses. Maybe you're supposed to sell them for a lesson in detachment. We can get so hung up with material things. Or maybe you should hang onto them. I don't know the answer to that one. But since none of you are really, really sick, I wouldn't go into debt again for this stuff. If something big comes up, you want to have the financial flexibility to deal with it.

Just my two cents. :) I figured since you've talked about it here, you wanted to know what we thought. ;)

Thanks again Carla.

I do believe we caught things early, celiac included. I'm going to talk to my doctor tomorrow about what we can do for possible candida and metals trouble. I don't think we are toxic since we aren't sick.

You are right in that my faith is very important to me. I slipped a lot last year and in the process went on a spending spree I had no business going on with the horses. I plan on keeping a few of them but as part of that debt is from purchasing them I feel the need to sell them and use most of the money to pay down some debt. If particular ones don't sell, I won't part with them.

I don't talk about my faith much as everyone is on a different path. I'm thankful for all of you. :)

NoGluGirl Contributor
Thanks again Carla.

I do believe we caught things early, celiac included. I'm going to talk to my doctor tomorrow about what we can do for possible candida and metals trouble. I don't think we are toxic since we aren't sick.

You are right in that my faith is very important to me. I slipped a lot last year and in the process went on a spending spree I had no business going on with the horses. I plan on keeping a few of them but as part of that debt is from purchasing them I feel the need to sell them and use most of the money to pay down some debt. If particular ones don't sell, I won't part with them.

I don't talk about my faith much as everyone is on a different path. I'm thankful for all of you. :)

Dear Andrea,

Cool! You and your hubby can give me riding lessons in Rachelville! :) I always wanted to have a horse, but we could never afford one! My mom used to have one growing up. His name was Bill. He used to swell his stomach on purpose to make the saddle snap off when he did not want to be ridden. He was originally a barrel racing horse.

I understand the faith issue. It is difficult to address. People can be so judgmental. I am quite shy about my faith as well. I have to be. Mine is one no one really knows, nor do they care to know about it. Everything people know about it is wrong. Maybe we are better off keeping to ourselves. It is such an inflammatory subject. There is always so much conflict started by discussing it. That is why I never talk about it with relatives!

As far as the horses go, you know what feels right. Trust that. You do not steer yourself wrong with intuition. Meditate if you can. This will reveal what your true feelings on the matter are.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. We will support you in whatever you decide.

rinne Apprentice
I got Anna today which I was really glad...it was a good session. First of all she talked for a long time about my "burning skin". She had called it some kind of neuralgia a few weeks ago and today called it peripheral neuropathy. She looked up some stuff on the Internet and said she thought it was related to shingles. I had shingles somewhere around 1999 give or take a year. So, she tested me for it and sure enough it was definitely a problem. She said that taking B vitamins would help, so she grabbed a bunch of Bs and tested me to see if I can take them. I have 3 different kind of B Vitamins--one liquid and two types of capsules. :( I'm scared of B vitamins, they don't tend to sit well with me...but she said my body REALLY WANTS them...when she tested the different ones, she was actually shocked at how much my body wanted them. Unfortunately one of them has fructose in it. :angry: I guess I'll have to cut out some of the pieces of bumble bar I've been having, lol.

Interesting I have pain radiating around my torso and I have been wondering about B vitamins helping because it has improved, I mentioned this before, my sweetie says it sounds like shingles on the inside.

Rinne...I dont know. I think like anything else...you'd start out slow and gradually increase??

I've had bad experiences with cilantro. I think it could have been because I was eating it fresh....but I wasnt taking anything for detox. No binders...no nothing. I was probably mobilizing mercury and making things worse.

I would be careful with cilantro....dont overdo it. I dont think anyone knows exactly how cilantro chelates...or how much to take. If you eat alot of it...just pay attention to how your body is responding. With chelation....a "healing crisis" is definately not a good sign.

Here is one thing I found about cilantro..

I wouldnt say to completely avoid it but just use caution.

Thanks Rachel.

The first batch of horses is listed. I told Mitch if they don't sell that I'm keeping them. I'm not going to give them away. If we decide to wait on bioset then maybe I'll hold on to some of them. There are a few that I don't plan on parting with.

Sorry you have to part with some of your horses, I know how fond you are of them.

So I got everything worked out with my mom. :)

Good for you both. :)

AndreaB Contributor
Dear Andrea,

Cool! You and your hubby can give me riding lessons in Rachelville! :) I always wanted to have a horse, but we could never afford one! My mom used to have one growing up. His name was Bill. He used to swell his stomach on purpose to make the saddle snap off when he did not want to be ridden. He was originally a barrel racing horse.

I think most horses swell to some extent. I'd always cinch my horse and then tighten it again a few minutes later.

I'd be glad to give you lessons. Hubby is more of the maintenance/upkeep person of the farm and horses. :P

I've changed my avatar to a scan of the model replica we had done of my horse. That is one we will never part with. The gal that painted it is the same one I've bought all my other models from on ebay.

Hi Rinne!!!

I see you Miamia.....HI!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

Andrea, that horse is beautiful.

I agree, faith and politics are difficult/impossible to discuss. I just thought that in decisions like this one, it does have a bearing. If you think the purchase of the horses came between you and God, then selling them is definately the best thing to do ...

NGG, I'm Catholic. It's a faith everyone knows about! But it's really misunderstood, even by many who profess to be Catholic. Something like 85% of Catholics don't actually follow Church teachings ... it always has made me wonder why they don't go somewhere else ... but I've been there, done that, too. :)

And, Andrea, remember, Christ fell three times while carrying the cross ... he got up and continued on. That's what we all need to do! ;) Don't fret about last year.

dlp252 Apprentice
I cant drink alcohol either. I think the "hangover" and low threshold comes from the liver. The liver is under a tremendous amount of stress dealing with other toxins and the alcohol has a "poisoning" effect.

This can happen with Lyme, heavy metal toxicity, candida.....or anything which creates alot of toxins and puts a heavy burden on the liver....detoxification becomes impaired...the alcohol isnt eliminated as efficiently.

Since I don't have lyme, mine must be from candida or mercury...but I can't drink anymore either...I get really sick...D, foggy headed, feeling like I haven't slept in a week...and that's only after ONE drink.

Which reminds me of a funny story I forgot to tell you guys. The other week, I was making my gluten-free rice pancakes. The heating grate is right by the stove. It blew up a small strand of my hair, and as I was flipping one of the pancakes, my hair caught on fire! :o Luckily, it went out quickly! Boy that was something! My hair gets to my food before I can half of the time. :lol:

Sorry you aren't feeling well, but :lol: on the hair!

Interesting I have pain radiating around my torso and I have been wondering about B vitamins helping because it has improved, I mentioned this before, my sweetie says it sounds like shingles on the inside.

Yes, I had shingles in a band around my lower back...she was wondering because my current neuralgia seems to be following that pattern and it's also affecting the other bands back there.

AndreaB Contributor

I don't know much about shingles....just heard it was painful.

I know the new vaccine (varicella) can cause shingles but I'm pretty sure you guys (Donna and Rinne) didn't get that. I can't imagine the pain on the inside. :( Is there anything that can be done for it? (like the b vitamins) Do you know?

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea,

You can let Mitch pick up the poo! :lol: The riding instruction is up to you! I would love to ride a horse. Mom misses riding. She said that no one seems to have horses like Bill these days. He was brown with a blond mane.

Dear Carla,

I had a lot of Catholic friends. I could not believe how much they say the Lord's name in vain!

Christians in general say it more than I thought. I have only said it four times in my entire life I think.

I always asked for forgiveness immediately afterward. You see, I grew up with Southern Baptists in the family. I was taught if those words were uttered, lightening was coming! :o

A lot of people do not realize Catholics are Christians. That is so funny! It is like, where have you been the past 1,000 years? My religion is completely misunderstood. People think Wiccans are Satanists. That is completely wrong. We should be proud of our religion. It sucks having to hide it. We help people, not hurt them. The best representation of our faith is probably Charmed.

Most of my family does not even know. Witches are not seen the way they should be seen. My mother does not want me doing rituals in the house because she is afraid of me conjuring something.

I tried to explain to her that your intent is what is important. You cannot conjure bad anything if you do not intend to.

She is the one lacking faith. It is not my fault my mother does not have as much faith as she pretends to have. Dad is secure and faithful enough he is not worried at all. He has been supportive, although we do not agree on everything. He does not believe in reincarnation, but I do.

Anyway, I was a raised a Christian, and still consider myself a Christian. I invoke God and Jesus as the God, and The Virgin Mary as a Goddess. I just wish I could be proud to be Wiccan, and not have to hide it. I hate lying to people why I am getting candles and stuff.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea, that horse is beautiful.

And, Andrea, remember, Christ fell three times while carrying the cross ... he got up and continued on. That's what we all need to do! ;) Don't fret about last year.

Thanks. :)

I won't fret. Each time we fall we need to pick ourselves up and move forward, you're right. I'm doing that.

I'm more at peace with the decision to sell most of them. A lot of them were charged as it is, so any we sell will go back that direction.

AndreaB Contributor
Dear Andrea,

You can let Mitch pick up the poo! :lol: The riding instruction is up to you! I would love to ride a horse. Mom misses riding. She said that no one seems to have horses like Bill these days. He was brown with a blond mane.

Dear Carla,

I had a lot of Catholic friends. I could not believe how much they say the Lord's name in vain!

Christians in general say it more than I thought.

I actually don't mind cleaning up after horses, I know, I'm weird. Sounds like your mom had a pretty horse.

As far as the Lord's name taken in vain.....I think that's pretty common all denominations wide, unfortunately.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Yes, I had shingles in a band around my lower back...she was wondering because my current neuralgia seems to be following that pattern and it's also affecting the other bands back there.

Could it be "post-herpetic neuralgia?" I have had this. What happens is, the nerve that was inflamed from the shingles has some kind of damage that results in pain along the path of the nerve. It can take a year or more to resolve. In my case it wasn't a constant pain, it was very sporadic, and felt exactly like someone was holding a flame to my skin. It only lasted for 30-60 seconds at a time, and over the course of 18 or so months, it got more and more sporadic before disappearing entirely. And it seemed to be triggered by stress, among other things! But as long as it only lasted 30-60 seconds, I decided I wasn't going to get all freaked out about it, and I declined the meds offered by the doctor. The less I worried about it, the more it went away. (Too bad we can't say that about our gluten issues! :( )

I wonder how many of us have had shingles....I was 25 when I had it, and was tolds that it was practically unheard of to have it so young.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea,

I have to say you are braver than me! Cleaning up horse poo would likely make me ill! Big poo is a bit more than I can handle, I think. Mom said Bill was beautiful. She also said that he used to race barrels. Sometimes when another horse was around, she said he used to run like he was a racing a barrel, and he looked ten years younger with his tail and head perked up!

I agree that people take the Lord's name in vain a bit much. I curse a lot around the house, but that is the one word I won't use. Whenever I hear other people say it, I get the urge to duck! I know how funny it sounds, but when you grow up in a family like mine, that is what you were taught!

I do say Christ, or Jesus Christ. Is that as bad? I suppose so. :(

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

CarlaB Enthusiast

It is bad, too ... most people think it's just the gd words that are bad, but using the Lord's name for anything other than talking to him, about him, etc. is using his name vainly.

Jestgar Rising Star
It is bad, too ... most people think it's just the gd words that are bad, but using the Lord's name for anything other than talking to him, about him, etc. is using his name vainly.

But if you say it after hitting your thumb with a hammer, couldn't that be construed as a prayer?

AndreaB Contributor

To me it is just as bad, others may disagree. I'm very conservative but have learned to tolerate others walks, beliefs. This board has helped a lot in that, as I've met so many different people from all over.

I've been busy in the kitchen and now I need to spend a little time with the kidlets. I'll be checking in as always though. :)

Carla,

I've seen you on pretty much today.....are you not feeling that well? I mean worse than normal.

CarlaB Enthusiast
But if you say it after hitting your thumb with a hammer, couldn't that be construed as a prayer?

LOL. Once my stomach was hurting so badly I was laying on the bathroom floor (we've all been there :( ). I was holding my stomach and yelling at God. My hubby said something about it, and I said I was talking to him ... I WAS talking to him! I wanted to be sure he heard me!! It was more conversational though, not the gd words.

AndreaB Contributor

I agree with you here.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I guess I must be using his name in vain quite frequently....heck....just look at the title of this thread! :o

I say that all the time......OMG. :ph34r:

Yeah....I'm Catholic and I do know what the "rules" are but my thinking is that if you feel you're doing something wrong and do it regardless...then its WRONG. If in your heart you mean no harm and dont feel what you're doing is wrong...then its not.

Thats my belief...I have my own relationship with God...I guess like everything else in life I dont follow anyone elses rules or beliefs. I do what feels right for me. I dont agree with everything the Catholic church preaches.......I went to Catholic schools....this is how I was raised but I dont agree with everything I was taught.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I wonder how many of us have had shingles....I was 25 when I had it, and was tolds that it was practically unheard of to have it so young.

I dont know really know what Shingles is?? Isnt this what David Letterman had awhile back?? All I know about it is that its really painful and I'm sure its something I never want to get.

I actually never had anything except chicken pox as far as I know. I barely ever even caught a cold. I had a reaction to a strawberry once when I was little....thats about the extent of my illnesses until all heck broke loose in 2002. :blink:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla,

I've seen you on pretty much today.....are you not feeling that well? I mean worse than normal.

We must be checking in at the same time, I do that throughout the day. I was online this morning. I went to work out about noon (when I finally got out of bed! :P ), got my bloodwork done, got a latte, went to Wild Oats, came home and ate a late lunch, helped the kids with homework, got a sauna (computer was on so it may have looked like I was on), now I'm cooking dinner. Busy day for me. I can't wait to go lay down!

I was bushed when I got back from Indiana yesterday. I got home about 4 and just layed down for the rest of the day, then rested all morning. It's always fun to see Morgan, but it takes me some time to recover. I must be doing better, it took fewer than 24 hours to recover this time!

Oh, Morgan says hi.

Thanks for asking. :wub:

dlp252 Apprentice
I don't know much about shingles....just heard it was painful.

I know the new vaccine (varicella) can cause shingles but I'm pretty sure you guys (Donna and Rinne) didn't get that. I can't imagine the pain on the inside. :( Is there anything that can be done for it? (like the b vitamins) Do you know?

Mine was from chicken pox (is that the right one, lol)...when you have chicken pox the virus lays dormant inside you and latter in life stress, trama, surgery, etc. can bring it out in the form of shingles. It's related to herpes. Somewhere around 1999 or so, I had terrible back pain...it was horrible, then I broke out in a rash in a band around my lower back...looked like a belt. I finally went to the doctor who said it was definitely shingles...there is a window of time to catch it to minimize complications and I made it in on the last day. I had it so long ago that I don't remember any of the research I did on it. She gave me prescription meds (antibiotic I think) at that time and a cream I think. My mom just had shingles last year...I can't remember what else they told her, but she had antibiotics and a cream. Anna is the first person I've heard of who mentioned B vitamins though.

Could it be "post-herpetic neuralgia?" I have had this. What happens is, the nerve that was inflamed from the shingles has some kind of damage that results in pain along the path of the nerve. It can take a year or more to resolve. In my case it wasn't a constant pain, it was very sporadic, and felt exactly like someone was holding a flame to my skin. It only lasted for 30-60 seconds at a time, and over the course of 18 or so months, it got more and more sporadic before disappearing entirely. And it seemed to be triggered by stress, among other things! But as long as it only lasted 30-60 seconds, I decided I wasn't going to get all freaked out about it, and I declined the meds offered by the doctor. The less I worried about it, the more it went away. (Too bad we can't say that about our gluten issues! :( )

In my case, I had singles 8 or 9 years ago, and I've had this pain off and on since then. It's no longer just on that band...it's all over my back and arms and sometimes my neck. I'm thinking that since I got in so late to the doctor that maybe a little nerve damage occurred, but why would it affect the other bands? Mine seems to be getting worse...more frequent and lasting longer. :( Something else must be contributing to it...mercury, candida... :blink:

AndreaB Contributor
Busy day for me. I can't wait to go lay down!

Boy, that sounds like a busy day. Get your feet up as soon as you can. :)

Glad you recovered quickly from your weekend, that's a plus.

Archived