This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, does ART pick up the sulfur/sulfite sensitivity?

Sherry

I'm sure that it could if your practitioner has the testers for that.

When I discussed the phenol issue with Dr. A. at my last visit with her she was very excited to see if she could confirm what I was saying with ART.

When she comes to my area she sees patients at the clinic where I used to go for BioSET. So she had access to all of the bioSET panels/testers...her and Scott were able to locate all of the panels having to do with phenols and sulfation pathway. Because of that she was able to test me for all of it and to determine that it really was a major issue.

Anything can be tested with ART as long as you have the items which need to be tested.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confusedks Enthusiast
Yes...you would really have to avoid these things. Sulfur is naturally occuring in garlic, onions, eggs and all of those foods which are on the list. Sulfites are even more problematic because they are a chemical. Sulfites are a preservative and if you're body cant tolerate them they will build up quickly.

MOST processed foods contain sulfites (even if not labeled)....so if you continue to take them in through your diet you wont really be clearing them out of your system. You can use fresh fruit for your smoothies...just not grapes.

Fresh foods are ok....canned fruits and veggies are likely to contain sulfites.

Ok, that clears it up for me! Thanks!!! :) The next question I have is, would organic things be less likely to contain sulfites as preservatives?

I wish there was a list of things to avoid like there is with gluten. <_<

confusedks Enthusiast

I am doing a castor oil pack right now per Dr H's suggestion. I don't know if you're supposed to feel any different? My stomach seems to be cramping. Is that normal? (Julie...do you know?)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I am doing a castor oil pack right now per Dr H's suggestion. I don't know if you're supposed to feel any different? My stomach seems to be cramping. Is that normal? (Julie...do you know?)

I had a worsening of symptoms with castor oil packs which included some cramping and then "all over" pains (especially the next day). All my joints got stiff, muscles sore...stuff like that. I cant do them because of the salicylates. So I guess with that treatment I was allowing salicylates to go straight to my liver... :blink:

The next question I have is, would organic things be less likely to contain sulfites as preservatives?

Well some of the ingredients might still contain sulfites. Sulfites can be used used to "whiten" flours and starches. Some ingredients which contain sulfites would be less likely to be used in an organic product (like corn syrup).....but stuff like sugar and mollasses will still have some sulfites.

Have you seen this site?

Open Original Shared Link

It has some pretty good info about what to avoid.

Green12 Enthusiast

Kassandra,

I never experienced symptoms during the castor oil packs (I actually thought they felt good :lol:), and not really after, but after several in a row I started breaking out with pretty bad hives.

When I did them years ago I had no symptoms whatsoever.

Are you applying the pack just over your liver, or your entire torso area?? The cramping could be from the pack moving impacted stool, but I am sure it could be any number of things since the castor oil has so many actions.

Another thing to talk to your Dr about I guess :lol:

tom Contributor
. . .She says this would have never been possible for her had she not had her teeth taken out. She has alot of experience with the things we discuss here and she says that the biggest toxins we're exposed to come from the teeth....not only mercury but toxins produced by bacteria found in root canals as well as cavitations.

The toxins (mercaptans and thiothers) are carcinogens and the most toxic substances for the body....possibly even worse than mercury. They are produced by bacteria which are left behind when we get a root canal or develop cavitations. The bacteria learn to live in an environment without oxygen and these are the toxins they produce. It can poison the body and never do the problems get linked to the teeth.

Rachel, I wanted to thank you for posting this. :)

It pushed me over the edge to FINALLY get a broken molar pulled yesterday.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, I wanted to thank you for posting this. :)

It pushed me over the edge to FINALLY get a broken molar pulled yesterday.

Glad you took care of that....I hope it helps. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confusedks Enthusiast
Kassandra,

I never experienced symptoms during the castor oil packs (I actually thought they felt good :lol:), and not really after, but after several in a row I started breaking out with pretty bad hives.

When I did them years ago I had no symptoms whatsoever.

Are you applying the pack just over your liver, or your entire torso area?? The cramping could be from the pack moving impacted stool, but I am sure it could be any number of things since the castor oil has so many actions.

Another thing to talk to your Dr about I guess :lol:

LOL! I will do another one tonight and see how I do with it. I was doing it over my entire abdominal area. I don't think there is ANY impacted stool in me...especially since I had just had a colonic. :ph34r:

It felt good (kinda oily...) but I couldn't get the hot water bottle hot enough. I like things HOT so it was just kinda luke warm by the time it went through the fabric to my tummy.

I don't feel any different today. Still got a bit of D. The main thing I worry about is my electrolytes getting out balance.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Hey people

I was going to ask a question on this, if anyone know's . Whenever I am in a really air conditioned building like the library, home or the store I feel great. But when I go out in the heat or in my car my stomach and intestines act up like I am starving and haven't eaten in a week. What could this BE!!

If I put my face next to a vent I feel so good and I don't know why.

So if anyone else experiences this let me know, thanks.

mftnchn Explorer

Okay so I decided to join you and take the VCS test. With this recent relapse I am trying to understand what direction to go. My results are unsure--at least to me. I took it with both eyes, with my contacts and reading glasses, but when I covered my right eye, my left eye vision wasn't that great. So it is possible that the acuity wasn't good enough for this test.

Results were positive at 74. Right eye 15 (negative) and Left eye 12 (positive). Overall indicator score: 27

So assuming that Left eye positive could be due to vision issues, I could be like Rachel and dealing with something that isn't biotoxin related??? Or borderline perhaps?

The directions say not to use one eye if the acuity isn't good enough.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer
I'm sure that it could if your practitioner has the testers for that.

When I discussed the phenol issue with Dr. A. at my last visit with her she was very excited to see if she could confirm what I was saying with ART.

When she comes to my area she sees patients at the clinic where I used to go for BioSET. So she had access to all of the bioSET panels/testers...her and Scott were able to locate all of the panels having to do with phenols and sulfation pathway. Because of that she was able to test me for all of it and to determine that it really was a major issue.

Anything can be tested with ART as long as you have the items which need to be tested.

Thanks, I'll write Dr. E. and see if she could obtain access to this, and mention your experience to Dr. A.

Sherry

Rachel--24 Collaborator
So assuming that Left eye positive could be due to vision issues, I could be like Rachel and dealing with something that isn't biotoxin related??? Or borderline perhaps?

Its possible. However, its also possible for a person who has biotoxin related illness to ocassionally pass the test.

The criteria for getting a "positive" VCS result is set high to avoid false positive results. This occasionally results in a false negative result; some cases of chronic-biotoxin induced illness may pass the VCS test a some times.

So you *could* be borderline.

Both Scott and Amy feel that heavy metals are not impacting the test too much...that its more related to the biotoxins...but it *can* happen that way as well. So a person can still be sick and pass the test because they have metals or whatever. There have been times that Scott has passed the test.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Thanks, I'll write Dr. E. and see if she could obtain access to this, and mention your experience to Dr. A.

Sherry

I would assume that Dr. E. could use ASYRA to find out about these things?? Personally, I like to be tested with ART....but I'm pretty sure all of these things would be available with ASYRA testing.

mftnchn Explorer

Actually she already did. Sulfur pathway was okay as I remember, she was surprised. Phenols ALL came up the first time. She said they were too many to avoid and did an ASYRA drop which balanced it, and that held in the next two testings I did.

I'm still suspicious that there is something there because while my glutathione and cysteine levels are low I haven't been able to handle any supplementation. However, I handle MSM and taurine fine. So it is a mixed picture.

She may have checked some with ART too but I am not sure. She did a lot every time and I couldn't take notes while it was happening.

Obviously something is still very wrong with my health. It could be the tooth issue but wouldn't that tend to show higher with the biotoxins?

It is interesting about sometimes the VCS is false negative, I wonder why that happens? I would think that now while I am symptomatic would be a good time to check, but perhaps it is just that right now my body is fighting hard.

Sherry

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Obviously something is still very wrong with my health. It could be the tooth issue but wouldn't that tend to show higher with the biotoxins?

What is the tooth issue? Do you have root canals?

No, I dont think the toxins produced by that are considered to be biotoxins. Mercaptans and thioethers are a different type of poison I think and its not just coming from bacteria but also dead decaying tissue which remains in the body (because the tooth is dead).

The gangrenous breakdown products from the decaying tissue and the anaerobic bacteria which live inside the tooth release thioethers, mercaptans and endotoxins.

Thioethers are strongly related, both in their structure and their effect, to mustard gas and other poison gasses used in the First World War.

It is the vital organs - the liver, nervous system, endocrine glands, and heart - that are primarily affected.

Something seems to holding you back....something might be continuing to burden your immune system. It could be something like this (or possible cavitations?)...I would probably look into that. I think Amy has testers for those dental toxins and I'm sure Dr. E. would as well. Ask ahead of time.

aprilh Apprentice
I got my appointments made for the amalgam removal. 4 appointments starting on the 25th of August and ending on my birthday. Oh what fun! <_<

They'll be about a week apart (only change is labor day).

Got an email in to Dr E to see if she wants to see us after one of the removal appointments or after they are done.

This is great news! Not fun - but good!

Andrea,

Im so happy for you. I hope to have that done one day.

Everyone,

I got glutened over the weekend. My stomach ballooned to 9 months pg and I have been miserable. My vertigo came back with it to. I forgot how much my body hates gluten.

paula

Paula,

Probiotics or digestive enzymes might help with this. Digestive enzymes have really helped my bloatedness after meals.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Digestive enzymes have really helped my bloatedness after meals.

Me too! I have not had bloatedness in a long time. :D

aprilh Apprentice

I finally got caught up.

I have been really busy painting some rooms in the house. Moving furniture, painting, cleaning, taking care of kids - exhausting. I am so discombobulated!

mftnchn Explorer
What is the tooth issue? Do you have root canals?

No, I dont think the toxins produced by that are considered to be biotoxins. Mercaptans and thioethers are a different type of poison I think and its not just coming from bacteria but also dead decaying tissue which remains in the body (because the tooth is dead).

Something seems to holding you back....something might be continuing to burden your immune system. It could be something like this (or possible cavitations?)...I would probably look into that. I think Amy has testers for those dental toxins and I'm sure Dr. E. would as well. Ask ahead of time.

Yes, I have two root canals; they were done well after I started getting lyme symptoms. Dr. E found one area in my mouth (#9-13??) that seemed to have a problem. I need to see if this corresponds. One of the RC's is in a pretty visible area (4th? tooth from the middle on the upper right) and with the family wedding coming up I sure don't want a hole there :blink:

I think this is something I better have looked into just in case. First step is checking my notes and see if the ART positive corresponds to the place where these are located in my mouth.

Sherry

confused Community Regular

April and Rachel,

Which ones do you recommend in digestive enzymes.

Has anyone taken ultra form, that is one that was suggested by the hair people to help move metals out. But wasnt sure if i wanted to take it yet.

paula

mftnchn Explorer

Nope, the teeth where I have the RC's are on the opposite side of the mouth from where Dr. E. mentioned the problem.

Sherry

AndreaB Contributor
April and Rachel,

I'm not April or Rachel, but we took papaya enzymes. I forget the brand name but I would recognize it if I saw it. It's available at Whole Foods and Health food stores. Looked it up....it's American Health, Chewable Super Papaya Enzyme Plus.

Nope, the teeth where I have the RC's are on the opposite side of the mouth from where Dr. E. mentioned the problem.

The problem areas correlate with meridians if I'm not mistaken. The kids had lots of tooth things come up with ASYRA, I forget about me and Mitch.

I specifically asked to her muscle test me for cavitations and then the xray the dentist wanted also showed them.....because he knows what he's looking for.

My root canal was number 3 and I had a nasty cavitation under that one, but my ASYRA came up with #5, 6 and 11 for disturbances. Those refer to the meridians they are connected to.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
April and Rachel,

I'm taking AFP Peptizyde and No Fenol but those are kind of specific to my own problems with phenols and such. You might be able to tolerate a more broad spectrum formula.

Heres a list of some different enzymes for people on the gluten-free diet.

GlutenEase (Enzymedica) - very effective product targeting both protein and carbohydrate portions of gluten and casein. Effective enough to replace Gluten-free Casein-free diet for many people. Not intended for celiacs to leave gluten-free diet, but acts as 'safety net' for accidental exposures. Lessens symptoms for many with celiac. Does not cause adverse reactions some other gluten-targeting enzyme products do in celiac.

Peptizyde (Houston Nutraceuticals) - found to be effective enough for replacing Gluten-free Casein-free diet for many people. Not advised for celiacs even as 'safety net' because some celiacs report worsening of symptoms with accidental exposure.

AFP Peptizyde (Houston Nutraceuticals)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Sherry, I would definately look into those root canals.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Has anyone taken ultra form, that is one that was suggested by the hair people to help move metals out. But wasnt sure if i wanted to take it yet.

Paula, I've never heard of it. I tried to look it up but couldnt find anything on it.

Archived