11 replies to this topic

#1 jmalan

jmalan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:39 PM

It looks like they are just getting going online but they have been in business for a long time I guess. I requested a free sample from their website and it really is what they claim as the best gluten free bread ever. If anyone wants a free sample they are still giving them out. Go to www.ricebread.net and fill out the form on the first page. I have ordered some bread too and it was in great condition. Definitely a good product!

Has anyone else tried anything from these guys?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:53 PM

This sounds like a pretty cool place, by reading the customer reviews. I put in for my free sample. Any place that will send you a sample for free has my vote!! They must be pretty confident in their product, or they wouldn't do that!! Awesome.

here is a quote from their site:

Charlotte’s Bakery specializes in gluten free products for those suffering from celiac disease. Products include 4 types of rice bread – plain, cinnamon raisin, banana nut, and cranberry orange, burger and hot dog buns, focaccia bread, muffin mix, cookie mix and bread mix. The bakery is setup with a gluten free room where only gluten free products are produced. We are confident that once you’ve tasted our rice bread you’ll agree it is the best gluten free bread on the market.

-Jessica
:rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#3 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 05:27 AM

The sample is nice, but do they charge shipping? I just checked the price and it is the same as what I pay for a bread that I already consider great...I guess delivery to your door is convenient.

#4 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 10:18 AM

I ordered the sample, and nothing was said about shipping charges. They did not take any information for billing, just name, phone, address, and email. I could not find an ingredients list, though, which does concern me. I can't have eggs, which are a "natural" product. I sent an inquiry, and hope to get a response soon.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#5 jmalan

jmalan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 10:38 AM

Nope, they don't charge for shipping. The sample is 100% free! Don't leave it out for a week though it is perishable! The ingredients came in the sample pack. I'll try to find the pack and give you the ingredients.

#6 jmalan

jmalan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 10:43 AM

Ok I have the ingredients from the label. Brown Rice Flour, Water, Egg (sorry), Honey, Non-Fat Dry Milk, Soya Oil, Xanthan Gum, Salt, Yeast. This was for the plain rice bread. The ingredients were the same for the other flavors with the exception of the banna and walnut, or the cranberry and orange, etc.

#7 Guest_LisaB_*

Guest_LisaB_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:20 PM

Hey, did anyone else get a sample yet? How long did it take? I requested a sample when the first post was put up...nothing yet. I didn't want to go and fill out another request and have it show up a day later.

Thanks!

#8 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:37 AM

I haven't gotten mine either, I'm beginning to wonder if it was just too good to be true. I would have thought it would have been out by now. <_< I was really looking forward to my sample.

-Jessica
Jessica
Kansas

#9 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 02:43 PM

I FINALLY got my sample today!! Only a month after I ordered!! haha. Oh well. It is good stuff!! I will probably be placing an order in the near future!!

Here is the link if you all want to get your free sample. http://www.charlottesbakery.com/

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Kansas

#10 taneil

taneil

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:21 PM

I received my free samples and they were really good. I am excited because my sister lives near Salt Lake City and she was just diagnosed as Gluten Intolerant also so now I can tell her where to get some good bread.
Taneil
Enterolab Diagnosed May 2004
gluten-free/CF and have both genes

Psalm 27:13-14
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Wait for the LORD;
Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.

#11 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 04:23 PM

I got my sample today. The doc told me I can have eggs now, that supposedly my body won't react to them because the egg problem was because of gluten? I know dairy is that way, but other foods? My daughter tried some, and said it was awful. She doesn't like anything gluten-free! Oh, well, more for me! :D
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#12 Mom22

Mom22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:27 PM

Ours arrived too! Our son ate all 3 pieces in one day! The only one he wouldn't try was the cinnamon raisin since he won't eat raisins. All of the breads were delicious, moist and sweet. We are definately going to be placing an order soon. Thanks for the link.

Mom 2 2 celiac children :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: