- - - - -

When Will I Get Used To This?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_NitaB_*

Guest_NitaB_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2004 - 11:15 AM

Well, if only I had been more concerned about my sores! I even mentioned them to my Dr. last fall, but she didn't look at them, just said one can get ingrown hairs on their elbows! I see her on Tues, so will show the scars to her this time! And discuss what the GI Dr. and I have done and my doing a gluten-free diet. I would see a Dietician here, if one was very good at gluten-free. If not, I won't, as I have to pay for that. This board has been of the utmost help with celiac disease and gluten-free!

I'm feeling good again today! Third whole day in a row! I will get the hang of this!!! I have party today and a baby shower tomorrow. Both challenges, but I'm sure my last painful mistakes are still with me, so will be very careful!

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Guest_NitaB_*

Guest_NitaB_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2004 - 08:41 AM

Well, after a week of eating right, and almost crying on the way home from the baby shower, because I couldn't have cake, I have been feeling well.

Until today. This eating out is such a challenge. Thurs. I had to leave a diner at the mall, because I couldn't find anything on their menu to choose from. Then yesterday I met friends for lunch. We went where I could get a baked potato with bacon and cheddar. Wrong, not on the weekends. One had already ordered, so I had salad bar. Unfortunately no gluten-free dressing. I used very, very sparingly, but had a bad rumbly, grumbly stomach last evening. Now I'm tired and sluggish, sort of down feeling. No energy, a bit puffy, achey joints, for whatever reason!

Does anyone know of a gluten-free dressing to buy in packets, to be carried along, for this purpose? It sure would help, as then I could eat something, most anywhere.

Nita

#18 Guest_aramgard_*

Guest_aramgard_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2004 - 09:51 AM

One of the web sites has Annie's dressing in packets for traveling. Try the Gluten Free Pantry or do a search. Annie's may have a website of their own. Shirley

#19 Guest_aramgard_*

Guest_aramgard_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:16 AM

I looked up the salad dressings on glutenfreepantry.com and they have several of Annie's dressings in packets at 79 cents a packet. Shirley

#20 Guest_NitaB_*

Guest_NitaB_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:47 PM

Shirley,
Thank you so much for the info! I just looked it up and was going to order the dressing packets and another item, until I saw the shipping! It sure makes it expensive! I will try to get one of the local stores to carry some, first! If not, I'll check to see how much I can order, with the lowest shipping price. I wouldn't mind ordering more, if I knew I'd like the products! Any other suggestions, anyone????

#21 Guest_NitaB_*

Guest_NitaB_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:16 PM

Okay, after a bad day at home, just from a tad bit of dressing yesterday, I bit the bullet and ordered the dressing packets! I just perservered on the glutenfreepantry site, until I figured out how much I could get for the minimum shipping! It appears that for me, it was $6.75 for under $25 worth of product. The next amount was $8.25. So, I just adjusted the amount of packets I wanted, with 2 other items to try. We'll see if I like it all! I better like the Ranch dressing, as I ordered 23 packets! I already have Annie's buttermilk Ranch, so hope I like the Cowgirl Ranch. I imagine I will!

Thanks to this board, I get help again! What would I do without all you kind folks???
:)
Nita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: