8 replies to this topic

#1 StrongerToday

StrongerToday

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:17 AM

Just wondering if you went to the food fair that was in Michigan this weekend? How was it?
Ev in Michigan

GFDF since 8/20/05
Negative Bloodwork ~
Dr. encourages me to trust my
"Gut Reaction"

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 happy4dolphins

happy4dolphins

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:46 AM

I was wondering the same thing. I was unable to go. Did anyone else go?
Nicole
Dolphin Joy,
Nicole

gluten intolerant/ 2005
dd gluten intolerant/ 2006

#3 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 12:45 PM

I went and it was three times bigger this year. Some of the new offerings were chesnut flour, 12 gluten free products, more beer (that we may never get in the state if a vendor doesn't pick them up), more bean flour product mixes, tastefully gluten free, another company I can't remember, an Asian market that offered gluten free products from their normal products, and I talian restaurant in Livonia with a new gluten free menu. The regulars were there too... Celiac specialties, Chef Andrew from Bel Cibo, and all natural beauty/personal care products, and some health food markets with extensive gluten free sections- like Life Smart Foods in Clinton Twp. (they gave out a great coupon book!)
I was really in a rush and would have liked to stay longer.
L.
Michigan

#4 lisaemu

lisaemu

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:58 PM

I went and it was three times bigger this year. Some of the new offerings were chesnut flour, 12 gluten free products, more beer (that we may never get in the state if a vendor doesn't pick them up), more bean flour product mixes, tastefully gluten free, another company I can't remember, an Asian market that offered gluten free products from their normal products, and I talian restaurant in Livonia with a new gluten free menu. The regulars were there too... Celiac specialties, Chef Andrew from Bel Cibo, and all natural beauty/personal care products, and some health food markets with extensive gluten free sections- like Life Smart Foods in Clinton Twp. (they gave out a great coupon book!)
I was really in a rush and would have liked to stay longer.
L.

Thanks for reporting back! I really wish I could have gone, but I had an earth day race in south lyon that day. Do you know what the name of the restaraunt in livonia is?
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

I'm just trying to feel better!

Lisa, 20, Michigan

#5 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:39 PM

Giulio's Cucina Italiana
31735 Plymouth Rd
Livonia, Mi
734-427-9500
They appear to have the most gluten free menu choices I have ever seen, and include gluten free breadsticks with dinner.
L.
Michigan

#6 lisaemu

lisaemu

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:27 AM

Giulio's Cucina Italiana
31735 Plymouth Rd
Livonia, Mi
734-427-9500
They appear to have the most gluten free menu choices I have ever seen, and include gluten free breadsticks with dinner.
L.

Wow thanks! My mom lives right by there and loves italian herself, so I'll have to check it out next time I go home!
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

I'm just trying to feel better!

Lisa, 20, Michigan

#7 Tony'sMom

Tony'sMom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:37 AM

This was our first time going and we were really impressed! The vendors were great and everyone in general was so helpfull.

We really liked the vendor that was selling the microwaveable products. We picked up the chocolate cake for our son and he loved it. It's super easy too- just add water to the mix and pop it in for 1 minute. The cake was really tasty!
Amy

Tony age 6
diagnosed with diabetes at age 1
diagnosed with celiac at age 3

positive blood work
inconclusive biopsy
positive genetic markers

*Special Needs Mom*

#8 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:03 AM

Unfortunately, I was in such a rush I did not get a chance to get through the crowd to that table. Could you post more information about it?
L.
Michigan

#9 Tony'sMom

Tony'sMom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:29 AM

Unfortunately, I was in such a rush I did not get a chance to get through the crowd to that table. Could you post more information about it?
L.

Sorry it took me so long to get back.

The vendor was Food- Tek, Inc. They have a website that lists their products www. foodtek.com

In addition to the cake in three flavors they also have cornbread, brownies, icings, bread, and waffle mix- all microwavable. The kits come with a mold to place the batter in and a measuring cup. You can also buy refill kits that just have the mix inside.

The prices are reasonable- the icings are $2.99, the cakes and brownies are $4.99, and the bread and waffle kits are $7.99.

I hope that helps.
Amy

Tony age 6
diagnosed with diabetes at age 1
diagnosed with celiac at age 3

positive blood work
inconclusive biopsy
positive genetic markers

*Special Needs Mom*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: